PDA

View Full Version : PPO Banner



josdin00
04-24-2007, 08:44 AM
Well, Webby hasn't asked me to make a new banner for the site yet, but with BJ gone, we're going to need some new players up there.

Who do you all want to see up there?


I'm going to put in votes for TJ, Chester, and Griff.


Tally so far (through whackthepack's (http://www.purplepride.org/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=88888914&topic=33520.msg573207#msg573207) vote)

Kevin Williams - 8
Chester Taylor - 6
Antoine Winfield - 5
Pat Williams - 5
Steve Hutchinson - 4
Matt Birk - 4
Tarvaris Jackson - 4
Adrian Peterson - 3
Brad Childress - 2
Cedric Griffin - 2
Bryant McKinnie - 1

PurplePeopleEaters
04-24-2007, 08:48 AM
Kevin Williams and Pat Williams need to be up there but its hard to find pictures. I have a good chester Taylor one and a good Kevin Williams one.

NodakPaul
04-24-2007, 08:52 AM
I would like to see some of the young talent that the Vikes have.

Kevin Williams, TJ, and maybe whoever our first round pick is...

Zeus
04-24-2007, 08:56 AM
"josdin00" wrote:


Well, Webby hasn't asked me to make a new banner for the site yet, but with BJ gone, we're going to need some new players up there.

Who do you all want to see up there?


Antoine Winfield
Kevin Williams
Cedric Griffen
Steve Hutchinson
Tarvaris Jackson
Chester Taylor

=Z=

Marrdro
04-24-2007, 09:01 AM
Antoine Winfield
Kevin Williams
Tarvaris Jackson
Chester Taylor
First Draft Choice
B-chill

cogitans
04-24-2007, 09:47 AM
Childress
Chester Taylor
Antoine Winfield

Prophet
04-24-2007, 09:49 AM
Childress in various stages of dress with teenage fans whining on the sideline in full colors and older fans sitting in the shadows, emotionless, with only black and white colors.

Marrdro
04-24-2007, 09:53 AM
"Prophet" wrote:


Childress in various stages of dress with teenage fans whining on the sideline in full colors and older fans sitting in the shadows, emotionless, with only black and white colors.


Holding thier Madden games.......

Webby
04-24-2007, 09:54 AM
"josdin00" wrote:


Well, Webby hasn't asked me to make a new banner for the site yet, but with BJ gone, we're going to need some new players up there.

Who do you all want to see up there?

[hr]

Tally so far (through Marrdro's post)

Kevin Williams - 4
Chester Taylor - 3
Tarvaris Jackson - 3
First Round Pick - 2
Antoine Winfield - 2
Pat Williams - 1
Cedric Griffin - 1
Steve Hutchinson - 1
Brad Childress - 1


I was thinking about that.
I thought maybe a pic of Maddden kissing Favre was appropriate too.

BloodyHorns82
04-24-2007, 11:03 AM
I'd like to vote NO for Chilly.
I dont mind the guy's coaching decisions or abilities too much, but that bald head and redish hair of his annoys the hell out of me.
Not sure why, as other baldies don't bother me...only The Big Chill.


Wait until next year to put him on the banner when he is being praised as the greatest thing since sliced bread because of his incredible 12-4 regular season, polished off with a Super Bowl appearance.

Marrdro
04-24-2007, 11:07 AM
"BloodyHorns82" wrote:


I'd like to vote NO for Chilly.
I dont mind the guy's coaching decisions or abilities too much, but that bald head and redish hair of his annoys the hell out of me.
Not sure why, as other baldies don't bother me...only The Big Chill.


Wait until next year to put him on the banner when he is being praised as the greatest thing since sliced bread because of his incredible 12-4 regular season, polished off with a Super Bowl appearance.

Comeon........

Lets not start persecuting the guy cause he is follicly challenged.

I say put him on cause he has the nads to step out in public looking like he does.
;D

BloodyHorns82
04-24-2007, 11:10 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:


"BloodyHorns82" wrote:


I'd like to vote NO for Chilly.
I dont mind the guy's coaching decisions or abilities too much, but that bald head and redish hair of his annoys the hell out of me.
Not sure why, as other baldies don't bother me...only The Big Chill.


Wait until next year to put him on the banner when he is being praised as the greatest thing since sliced bread because of his incredible 12-4 regular season, polished off with a Super Bowl appearance.

Comeon........

Lets not start persecuting the guy cause he is follicly challenged.

I say put him on cause he has the nads to step out in public looking like he does.
;D


I think your "burn" was worse than mine!
;D

Marrdro
04-24-2007, 11:11 AM
"BloodyHorns82" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


"BloodyHorns82" wrote:


I'd like to vote NO for Chilly.
I dont mind the guy's coaching decisions or abilities too much, but that bald head and redish hair of his annoys the hell out of me.
Not sure why, as other baldies don't bother me...only The Big Chill.


Wait until next year to put him on the banner when he is being praised as the greatest thing since sliced bread because of his incredible 12-4 regular season, polished off with a Super Bowl appearance.

Comeon........

Lets not start persecuting the guy cause he is follicly challenged.

I say put him on cause he has the nads to step out in public looking like he does.
;D


I think your "burn" was worse than mine!

;D

I have the right.
I support him as well as having a growing forehead myself
;D
:o
;D

josdin00
04-24-2007, 11:50 AM
"Prophet" wrote:


Childress in various stages of dress with teenage fans whining on the sideline in full colors and older fans sitting in the shadows, emotionless, with only black and white colors.


I'm going to have to say no to that idea. It's an amusing idea, don't get me wrong, but I don't want to have to be the one to google "half naked childress". http://www.smilies-and-more.de/pics/smilies/shocked/021.gifhttp://www.smilies-and-more.de/pics/smilies/ill/031.gif

Prophet
04-24-2007, 11:54 AM
"josdin00" wrote:


"Prophet" wrote:


Childress in various stages of dress with teenage fans whining on the sideline in full colors and older fans sitting in the shadows, emotionless, with only black and white colors.


I'm going to have to say no to that idea. It's an amusing idea, don't get me wrong, but I don't want to have to be the one to google "half naked childress". http://www.smilies-and-more.de/pics/smilies/shocked/021.gifhttp://www.smilies-and-more.de/pics/smilies/ill/031.gif


lmao, you probably tried and were frustrated that you couldn't find any.
Zeus probably has a collection for you.

BloodyHorns82
04-24-2007, 11:59 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:


"BloodyHorns82" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


"BloodyHorns82" wrote:


I'd like to vote NO for Chilly.
I dont mind the guy's coaching decisions or abilities too much, but that bald head and redish hair of his annoys the hell out of me.
Not sure why, as other baldies don't bother me...only The Big Chill.


Wait until next year to put him on the banner when he is being praised as the greatest thing since sliced bread because of his incredible 12-4 regular season, polished off with a Super Bowl appearance.

Comeon........

Lets not start persecuting the guy cause he is follicly challenged.

I say put him on cause he has the nads to step out in public looking like he does.
;D


I think your "burn" was worse than mine!

;D

I have the right.
I support him as well as having a growing forehead myself
;D
:o
;D


Well don't feel bad, I'm only 25 years old and have a growing forehead.

Zeus
04-24-2007, 12:31 PM
"Prophet" wrote:


"josdin00" wrote:


"Prophet" wrote:


Childress in various stages of dress with teenage fans whining on the sideline in full colors and older fans sitting in the shadows, emotionless, with only black and white colors.


I'm going to have to say no to that idea. It's an amusing idea, don't get me wrong, but I don't want to have to be the one to google "half naked childress". http://www.smilies-and-more.de/pics/smilies/shocked/021.gifhttp://www.smilies-and-more.de/pics/smilies/ill/031.gif


lmao, you probably tried and were frustrated that you couldn't find any.
Zeus probably has a collection for you.


I do not collect images of Brad Childress in any stage of undress, thank you very much.


=Z=

cc21
04-24-2007, 01:01 PM
Winfield and Kevin Williams

Marrdro
04-24-2007, 01:30 PM
"BloodyHorns82" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


"BloodyHorns82" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


"BloodyHorns82" wrote:


I'd like to vote NO for Chilly.
I dont mind the guy's coaching decisions or abilities too much, but that bald head and redish hair of his annoys the hell out of me.
Not sure why, as other baldies don't bother me...only The Big Chill.


Wait until next year to put him on the banner when he is being praised as the greatest thing since sliced bread because of his incredible 12-4 regular season, polished off with a Super Bowl appearance.

Comeon........

Lets not start persecuting the guy cause he is follicly challenged.

I say put him on cause he has the nads to step out in public looking like he does.
;D


I think your "burn" was worse than mine!

;D

I have the right.
I support him as well as having a growing forehead myself
;D
:o
;D


Well don't feel bad, I'm only 25 years old and have a growing forehead.



Balding (not bald) men unite
:o
;D

Prophet
04-24-2007, 01:33 PM
If you're bald in the back, you are wise.
If you are bald in the front, you are a good lover.
If you are bald in the front and the back, you think you are a good lover.

RK.
04-24-2007, 01:38 PM
my vote is
Hutch
Birk
and Chester Taylor between them..

That is where we will win this year.
;D

Marrdro
04-24-2007, 01:39 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:


Antoine Winfield
Kevin Williams
Tarvaris Jackson
Chester Taylor
First Draft Choice
B-chill


All right.......
Back on topic.

By the way, this is another vote for B-chill

BadlandsVikings
04-24-2007, 07:15 PM
I would say Hutch, Birk and Phat Pat.

singersp
04-24-2007, 08:01 PM
"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:


Kevin Williams and Pat Williams need to be up there but its hard to find pictures. I have a good chester Taylor one and a good Kevin Williams one.


I have more players were those came from.









http://www.purplepride.org/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Image15.jpg (http://www.purplepride.org/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Image15.jpg)http://www.purplepride.org/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Image13.jpg (http://www.purplepride.org/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Image13.jpg)http://www.purplepride.org/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Image21.jpg (http://www.purplepride.org/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Image21.jpg)http://www.purplepride.org/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Image1.jpg (http://www.purplepride.org/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Image1.jpg)

singersp
04-24-2007, 08:05 PM
"RK." wrote:


my vote is
Hutch
Birk
and Chester Taylor between them..

That is where we will win this year.
;D






http://www.purplepride.org/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Image12.jpg (http://www.purplepride.org/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Image12.jpg)http://www.purplepride.org/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Image24.jpg (http://www.purplepride.org/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Image24.jpg)

mr.woo
04-24-2007, 08:28 PM
i vote for mr.woo. he seems like a pimp.

BadlandsVikings
04-24-2007, 08:31 PM
"mr.woo" wrote:


i vote for mr.woo. he seems like a pimp.


I don't think captain underpants would look good on the banner
:)

shockzilla
04-24-2007, 09:34 PM
I think Birk, Kevin Williams, Pat Williams, maybe Bryant McKinnie?

cogitans
04-25-2007, 01:37 AM
"shockzilla" wrote:


I think Birk, Kevin Williams, Pat Williams, maybe Bryant McKinnie?


The 'we win it in the trenches' vote.

I like the linemen too Shock.
:)

AngloVike
04-25-2007, 02:18 AM
I'll go for Kevin Williams, Pat Williams, Birk and Hutch....

josdin00
04-25-2007, 02:27 PM
What, no votes for Wade?

VKG4LFE
04-29-2007, 08:01 AM
My votes are for Kevin Williams, Pat Williams and of course Antoine Winfield!

Marrdro
04-30-2007, 08:40 AM
In light of our performance during the draft......

Just wanted to throw another shout out for support for B-chill (and the triangle).

He only has 2 votes so far.
:o

Prophet
04-30-2007, 08:42 AM
I vote for a picture of Marr all drunk by himself on the couch in a faded black n white photo representing the fan base...arms raised in the air in a drunken stupor cheering on the vikes.
Surround that with the pentagon of power in a faded color with some of the old stars from the team in a faded background and with a few of the key current players in color popping out of the scene.

Marrdro
04-30-2007, 08:48 AM
"Prophet" wrote:


I vote for a picture of Marr all drunk by himself on the couch in a faded black n white photo representing the fan base...arms raised in the air in a drunken stupor cheering on the vikes.
Surround that with the pentagon of power in a faded color with some of the old stars from the team in a faded background and with a few of the key current players in color popping out of the scene.


You crack me up
;D

Put Prophet down for 1 vote = B-chill
;D

whackthepack
04-30-2007, 04:36 PM
We need to add Adrian Peterson to the choice for the banner because he gets my vote.

cogitans
05-11-2007, 05:28 AM
So what is the status Josdin00/Webby is there another banner coming up?

And who might be on it?

PurplePeopleEaters
05-11-2007, 06:58 AM
If webby could send me the picture of the PP.O logo I would take a shot at the banner. Maybe we could compare results and have webby choose one? If not i'm sure josdin or webby will come up with something great. I just think its a better idea to have something professional looking and I would love to give it a shot.

josdin00
05-13-2007, 05:32 PM
Well, between getting downsized at my (now former) job, and having a new baby (don't worry, I got a good severance package, so the baby is covered while I find a new job), I haven't had time to make a new banner yet.

I'll get there, don't worry.

BadlandsVikings
05-13-2007, 05:36 PM
"josdin00" wrote:


Well, between getting downsized at my (now former) job, and having a new baby (don't worry, I got a good severance package, so the baby is covered while I find a new job), I haven't had time to make a new banner yet.

I'll get there, don't worry.


Sorry to hear about the job and congratz on the new baby.

Marrdro
05-13-2007, 06:16 PM
"josdin00" wrote:


Well, between getting downsized at my (now former) job, and having a new baby (don't worry, I got a good severance package, so the baby is covered while I find a new job), I haven't had time to make a new banner yet.

I'll get there, don't worry.


Sorry to heart that my friend.

Good thing about the severance package.

What is your expertise?

whackthepack
05-15-2007, 04:11 PM
"josdin00" wrote:


Well, between getting downsized at my (now former) job, and having a new baby (don't worry, I got a good severance package, so the baby is covered while I find a new job), I haven't had time to make a new banner yet.

I'll get there, don't worry.




Josdin congrats on the little bambino and sorry about the job situation and hope that you find something even better in a few days!

josdin00
05-15-2007, 05:54 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:


"josdin00" wrote:


Well, between getting downsized at my (now former) job, and having a new baby (don't worry, I got a good severance package, so the baby is covered while I find a new job), I haven't had time to make a new banner yet.

I'll get there, don't worry.


Sorry to heart that my friend.

Good thing about the severance package.

What is your expertise?


I had been working as an actuary.

Marrdro
05-15-2007, 06:25 PM
"josdin00" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


"josdin00" wrote:


Well, between getting downsized at my (now former) job, and having a new baby (don't worry, I got a good severance package, so the baby is covered while I find a new job), I haven't had time to make a new banner yet.

I'll get there, don't worry.


Sorry to heart that my friend.

Good thing about the severance package.

What is your expertise?


I had been working as an actuary.


Sent you a PM.

josdin00
05-16-2007, 09:43 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:


"josdin00" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


"josdin00" wrote:


Well, between getting downsized at my (now former) job, and having a new baby (don't worry, I got a good severance package, so the baby is covered while I find a new job), I haven't had time to make a new banner yet.

I'll get there, don't worry.


Sorry to heart that my friend.

Good thing about the severance package.

What is your expertise?


I had been working as an actuary.


Sent you a PM.


Thanks for the referral offer, but I didn't see any job listings (in Illinois) on your company website that fit my qualifications. Most of the Illinois jobs were engineering type jobs, not actuarial/data analyst type jobs.

Marrdro
05-16-2007, 05:43 PM
"josdin00" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


"josdin00" wrote:


"Marrdro" wrote:


"josdin00" wrote:


Well, between getting downsized at my (now former) job, and having a new baby (don't worry, I got a good severance package, so the baby is covered while I find a new job), I haven't had time to make a new banner yet.

I'll get there, don't worry.


Sorry to heart that my friend.

Good thing about the severance package.

What is your expertise?


I had been working as an actuary.


Sent you a PM.


Thanks for the referral offer, but I didn't see any job listings (in Illinois) on your company website that fit my qualifications. Most of the Illinois jobs were engineering type jobs, not actuarial/data analyst type jobs.


No problem.
Don't hesitate if you see/need anything.

josdin00
07-10-2007, 10:32 AM
Well, I found a new job and my baby daughter is doing very well, so I finally had time to work on this. I just sent Webby the files for the new banner, so consider the voting in this thread officially closed.

Marrdro
07-10-2007, 10:39 AM
"josdin00" wrote:


Well, I found a new job and my baby daughter is doing very well, so I finally had time to work on this. I just sent Webby the files for the new banner, so consider the voting in this thread officially closed.


I was just thinking about you the other day as I was cleaning out my PM box.
Congrats my friend on the new job and heres hoping for continued health of your family.
;D

cajunvike
07-10-2007, 11:13 AM
"josdin00" wrote:


Well, I found a new job and my baby daughter is doing very well, so I finally had time to work on this. I just sent Webby the files for the new banner, so consider the voting in this thread officially closed.


Congrats on the new job...and the continued health of your new daughter!
:)

I am anxious to see the new banner...good work, Jos!
;D

COJOMAY
07-10-2007, 11:59 AM
I know you are all in favor of players, and I am too. The players are who we watch and love. But none of this would be possible without an owner. So I'd like to suggest at least someplace we include a small picture of Wilf.

singersp
07-10-2007, 07:18 PM
"COJOMAY" wrote:


I know you are all in favor of players, and I am too. The players are who we watch and love. But none of this would be possible without an owner. So I'd like to suggest at least someplace we include a small picture of Wilf.


Wilf is not the sole owner.

vikinggreg
07-10-2007, 07:24 PM
What about the winners of the MVC Survivor, it would be like putting them up on the ring of honor....besides I'd rather look at them
;) ;D

marcosMN
07-10-2007, 07:52 PM
I'm thinking maybe Chester and AD on one side, 'Toine and Ced on the other.

singersp
07-10-2007, 08:08 PM
"vikinggreg" wrote:


What about the winners of the MVC Survivor, it would be like putting them up on the ring of honor....besides I'd rather look at them
;) ;D


You can always look at my new sig.

vikinggreg
07-10-2007, 09:50 PM
"singersp" wrote:


"vikinggreg" wrote:


What about the winners of the MVC Survivor, it would be like putting them up on the ring of honor....besides I'd rather look at them
;) ;D


You can always look at my new sig.


That's what gave me the idea

VKG4LFE
07-11-2007, 08:30 PM
I'm thinking just use my license plate..... Or a picture of me lol!

cogitans
08-18-2007, 10:57 AM
I like the new banner. With the yellow it gives the site a little new spark.

marcosMN
08-18-2007, 10:58 AM
Yeah, it looks good.

Nice to have the current players up there too...

(No offense, BJ, but it was time to move on...
:P )

BadlandsVikings
08-18-2007, 10:59 AM
I like it, but I miss Brad Johnson
:D

cogitans
08-18-2007, 10:59 AM
"SnoBumMN" wrote:


Yeah, it looks good.

Nice to have the current players up there too...

(No offense, BJ, but it was time to move on...
:P )


Yeah. Two RBs and two DTs. I'm ready for a season of smash mouth football.

marcosMN
08-18-2007, 11:02 AM
"cogitans" wrote:


"SnoBumMN" wrote:


Yeah, it looks good.

Nice to have the current players up there too...

(No offense, BJ, but it was time to move on...
:P )


Yeah. Two RBs and two DTs. I'm ready for a season of smash mouth football.


I think that's Winfield, not Peterson, on the far right...

cogitans
08-18-2007, 11:06 AM
"SnoBumMN" wrote:


"cogitans" wrote:


"SnoBumMN" wrote:


Yeah, it looks good.

Nice to have the current players up there too...

(No offense, BJ, but it was time to move on...
:P )


Yeah. Two RBs and two DTs. I'm ready for a season of smash mouth football.


I think that's Winfield, not Peterson, on the far right...


Shit. That's not good. How the hell did I overlook that. I'll slap myself 8 times in the face as punishment.

marcosMN
08-18-2007, 11:08 AM
"cogitans" wrote:


"SnoBumMN" wrote:


"cogitans" wrote:


"SnoBumMN" wrote:


Yeah, it looks good.

Nice to have the current players up there too...

(No offense, BJ, but it was time to move on...
:P )


Yeah. Two RBs and two DTs. I'm ready for a season of smash mouth football.


I think that's Winfield, not Peterson, on the far right...


Shit. That's not good. How the hell did I overlook that. I'll slap myself 8 times in the face as punishment.


That is obviously the best course of action at this time.

cogitans
08-18-2007, 11:09 AM
"SnoBumMN" wrote:


"cogitans" wrote:


"SnoBumMN" wrote:


"cogitans" wrote:


"SnoBumMN" wrote:


Yeah, it looks good.

Nice to have the current players up there too...

(No offense, BJ, but it was time to move on...
:P )


Yeah. Two RBs and two DTs. I'm ready for a season of smash mouth football.


I think that's Winfield, not Peterson, on the far right...


Shit. That's not good. How the hell did I overlook that. I'll slap myself 8 times in the face as punishment.


That is obviously the best course of action at this time.


It's the only option available to me.

gregair13
08-18-2007, 11:23 AM
it is nice. finally updated

singersp
08-18-2007, 11:26 AM
I'm glad it's up.

Finally people will quit bitching about it like it was more important than upgrading the site & fixing other issues.

cogitans
08-18-2007, 11:28 AM
"singersp" wrote:


I'm glad it's up.

Finally people will quit bitching about it like it was more important than upgrading the site & fixing other issues.


I'll just be acknowledging that this got updated also, along with all the rest Webby does for us these days.

Marrdro
08-18-2007, 04:36 PM
Looks awesome.
Sure hope the Chiller doesn't feel slighted that he didn't make the cut. I did get him two votes and a couple of maybes in there.
;D

Again, looks awesome.

gregair13
08-18-2007, 10:53 PM
i like most of the new changes. nice work

ultravikingfan
08-18-2007, 11:10 PM
"gregair13" wrote:


i like most of the new changes. nice work


Which ones don't you like?