PDA

View Full Version : Vikings Tailgating

BadlandsVikings
04-12-2007, 08:05 PM
Since the Twins are getting ready to rip up Rapid Park will Vikes taigating go somewhere else or will it just go away?

cajunvike
04-12-2007, 08:10 PM
It's up to Webby!

singersp
04-12-2007, 08:48 PM
It will go somewhere else as far as I'm concerned. Where, I don't know.

NodakPaul
04-12-2007, 10:17 PM
I didn't tailgate at a single game last year.
Rapid Park sucked anyway, so why bother getting up 3-4 hours earlier for the drive to the Twin Cities?
Until the new stadium is built (with on site parking), I will be spending my pregame on the plaza.

singersp
04-12-2007, 10:48 PM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

Rapid Park sucked anyway, so why bother getting up 3-4 hours earlier for the drive to the Twin Cities?
Until the new stadium is built (with on site parking), I will be spending my pregame on the plaza.

??? How do you know Rapid Park sucked if you didn't tailgate at a single game there last year?

NodakPaul
04-20-2007, 03:16 PM
"singersp" wrote:

"NodakPaul" wrote:

??? How do you know Rapid Park sucked if you didn't tailgate at a single game there last year?

I tailgated there every game in 2005.
The tailgating itself was pretty good.
I just hated having to start getting in line for the buses at 10:30, stand in line for ten minutes, and ride the bus for another 15 (always made my wife car sick) just to get to the dome.

Now we buy the season parking passes with our tickets, and go early and drink on the plaza (or in Hubert's) until it is time to head in.
Unfortunately that also ends up costing more $$$.

cajunvike
04-20-2007, 03:25 PM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"NodakPaul" wrote:

I just hated having to start getting in line for the buses at 10:30, stand in line for ten minutes, and ride the bus for another 15 (always made my wife car sick) just to get to the dome.

Now we buy the season parking passes with our tickets, and go early and drink on the plaza (or in Hubert's) until it is time to head in.

So WALK instead...it's not THAT far anyway...and it's good exercise (something most of us could use more of anyway!)
:D

Zeus
04-20-2007, 03:28 PM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"NodakPaul" wrote:

Was the train open in 2005?
I found that to be super easy to use to get from Rapid Park to the stadium.

=Z=

NodakPaul
04-20-2007, 03:31 PM
"Zeus" wrote:

"NodakPaul" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"NodakPaul" wrote:

=Z=

I didn't know the rail went from Rapid Park to the dome.
They always advertised the free transportation by bus, and since I am from out of town, I don't really know where the rail goes.

I do actually plan on using the rail more this year.
Sometime I stay in a local hotel instead of making the drive back to Fargo after the game, and this year we plan on staying by the MOA and taking the rail into the city.
Especially for the MNF game.

BloodyHorns82
04-20-2007, 04:12 PM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"NodakPaul" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"NodakPaul" wrote:

=Z=

They always advertised the free transportation by bus, and since I am from out of town, I don't really know where the rail goes.

Sometime I stay in a local hotel instead of making the drive back to Fargo after the game, and this year we plan on staying by the MOA and taking the rail into the city.

It doens't exactly run from Rapid Park.
But the walk to the train isn't too bad.
Plus it's jammed packed with Purple jerseys so that makes it kind of fun.

singersp
04-20-2007, 04:16 PM
"BloodyHorns82" wrote:

"NodakPaul" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"NodakPaul" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

=Z=

It doens't exactly run from Rapid Park.
But the walk to the train isn't too bad.
Plus it's jammed packed with Purple jerseys so that makes it kind of fun.

So are the buses.
;)

jargomcfargo
04-20-2007, 04:41 PM
How close does the train come to the dome?
I know it goes down by the Cabooze and joint. Do you walk down from there?

singersp
04-20-2007, 04:48 PM
"jargomcfargo" wrote:

It drops you off right by the plaza.

jargomcfargo
04-20-2007, 04:55 PM
"singersp" wrote:

"jargomcfargo" wrote:

It drops you off right by the plaza.

Thank you. I hope to get up there for at least one game this year. Would love to meet the PPO crew. :)