PDA

View Full Version : What Does PP.O Mean To You?

Ltrey33
03-18-2007, 10:02 PM
I wanted to pose this question because as HOF'ers we all spend a decent amount of time here and PP.O means different things to different people.

To me, it's a place to go to get away from arrogant professors, school, work and the daily pressures/trials of life and have some fun and talk about my favorite football team with other fans. I like coming here to read what smartass comment Prophet (who incidentally is an arrogant professor
;) ) or Zeus has said, or what seemingly irrelevant but pretty funny comment Badlands has posted or what Cajun is being perverted about now. I like beating up on trolls and reading peoples' arguments for certain moves or ideas, no matter how retarded they may be. I like stupid threads like the liquor guardian controversy or "Buy a Submarine".

This is a great place and you guys help make it that way.

What does it mean to you?

BadlandsVikings
03-18-2007, 10:11 PM
To me it's a great place to hang out, and talk about the greatest football team ever.
And talk about the most irrelavant stupid crap you can think of.
Most of all it's a family, yeah fucked up dysfunctional family.
But it's still a family.
I guess that makes Webby our daddy.

Anyway, this place has given me sanity and something to look forward to during the hard times I went through over the last few months.
PP.O is home.

PurplePeopleEaters
03-18-2007, 10:12 PM
PP.O is a way to get away from the daily grind for me as well. Pretty much my life consists of stress and finding ways to get rid of that stress. I've found that PP.O and playing guitar/writing music for my band can get rid of stress for me so I do that a lot. Also something to do when i'm really bored and have nothing else good to do. I usually take 15 minute breaks between doing work to let it sink in so PP.O can sometimes be part of that.

I love talking about the vikes and that's the point of it all.

Vikes_King
03-18-2007, 11:09 PM
"Ltrey" wrote:

I wanted to pose this question because as HOF'ers we all spend a decent amount of time here and PP.O means different things to different people.

To me, it's a place to go to get away from arrogant professors, school, work and the daily pressures/trials of life and have some fun and talk about my favorite football team with other fans. I like coming here to read what smartass comment Prophet (who incidentally is an arrogant professor
;) ) or Zeus has said, or what seemingly irrelevant but pretty funny comment Badlands has posted or what Cajun is being perverted about now. I like beating up on trolls and reading peoples' arguments for certain moves or ideas, no matter how Challenged Hillbilly Lover'd they may be. I like stupid threads like the liquor guardian controversy or "Buy a Submarine".

woah woah woah... STUPID? better watch what you say Ltrey...

You've been warned! >:(

RK.
03-18-2007, 11:44 PM
PPO is never having to say your sorry.
If you do have to say your sorry,
you are probably already banned.
;D

ultravikingfan
03-19-2007, 03:54 AM
PP.O is a little slice of back-home, Viking talk.

cogitans
03-19-2007, 04:07 AM
PP.O is like a home on the Net.

I started coming here mainly to get the latest news on the Vikings, and discus the NFL and the Vikings with fellow fans.

The nice people here made me want to spend more time just hanging around here whenever I'm online.

mr.woo
03-19-2007, 06:01 AM
to me p.p.o is like a second home. why the worl can restrain little old me the internet can not hold down WOO! its kinda like that super hero that goes SHAZAM! and then becomes super pwerful. logining in to p.p.o is kinda like my SHAZAM!

Ltrey33
03-19-2007, 08:23 AM
"Vikes_King" wrote:

"Ltrey" wrote:

;) ) or Zeus has said, or what seemingly irrelevant but pretty funny comment Badlands has posted or what Cajun is being perverted about now. I like beating up on trolls and reading peoples' arguments for certain moves or ideas, no matter how Challenged Hillbilly Lover'd they may be. I like stupid threads like the liquor guardian controversy or "Buy a Submarine".

My bad! I realize this is serious business.

mr.woo
03-19-2007, 08:33 AM
"Ltrey" wrote:

"Vikes_King" wrote:

"Ltrey" wrote:

My bad! I realize this is serious business.

yeah you better! this is one thing i agree with vikes_king here! its important to the major plaayers involved1 their are titles at stake!

triedandtruevikesfan
03-19-2007, 10:17 AM
PP.O started out as a place for me to talk football with people that are passionate about the same team.
It ended up being so much more.
I became addicted very fast and soon became a mod... from that I got to know Webby and Shock and a few others in a real life setting.

There are so many great people on this site (and a few not so great ones).
I really do feel like this is an extension of my family to a degree.

Now that I live in Bear country (and no RK I am NOT converting to be a Bears fan)
You guys help keep me connected to the purple world.

I read stories on here every now and then that touch my heart... generosity abounds with some of our fine members.
Not necessarily monetary generosity, but a gift of an organ... prayers and heart felt well wishes to members in need.
It can all be found in some of our members.

cajunvike
03-19-2007, 10:19 AM
It means that now I have a goddess to worship...now if only I could just meet her!

AngloVike
03-19-2007, 11:34 AM
It's still my first place for catching up on Vikings news and finding out what other fans think - as opposed to reading the media and seeing what some one brain cell hack calls as being the truth.
As a bonus I get to chat with a great bunch of people who I class as friends and have even met some of them too
;D
Its great seeing the odd troll get lumped and battered about and seeing some of the smart comments and posts put up by the members here. And where else can you get to rag on a lawyer 7 days a week at no cost ?? - priceless
;D

whackthepack
03-19-2007, 11:51 AM
PPO? I thought this was a site about love for C3PO, pooh for 4 years I have been posting on the wrong gol 'darnit site!

Son of a bittch, next time I have to make sure I have the right site.

Del Rio
03-19-2007, 11:57 AM
"whackthepack" wrote:

PPO? I thought this was a site about love for C3PO, pooh for 4 years I have been posting on the wrong gol 'darnit site!

That may be one of the funniest things I have ever read on here.

whackthepack
03-19-2007, 11:57 AM
Seriously it is a part of my life and I have never been on a site that has such good people on it from Webby on down, it makes it fun to talk Viking football and other subjects and you get such diverse opinions and theories on PPO that it enlightens me on some subjects where I might not get those opinions otherwise.

It would make me sad not to have PPO in my life, and I hope that day never comes!

mr.woo
03-19-2007, 08:28 PM
"whackthepack" wrote:

you retard this is an r2d2 fan site. pssshhh

Zeus
03-20-2007, 08:59 AM
"Ltrey" wrote:

I've been a member of large internet communities prior to joining PPO.
Some were good, some were bad, some were goddamn awful.

PPO is a good one - nice people who share a common love with me and who welcomed me with a minimal amount of stomping on my newbie fingers.

I'm glad to have found it.

=Z=

olson_10
03-22-2007, 12:15 AM
pp.o means im usually late for work because i feel that i HAVE to comment on something before i can leave

so-cal vike
03-22-2007, 12:33 AM
"Zeus" wrote:

"Ltrey" wrote:

PPO is a good one - nice people who share a common love with me and who welcomed me with a minimal amount of stomping on my newbie fingers.

=Z=

:o
Wow, a kind and sincere comment by Zeus.
I'm in utter disbelief.

This is what PP.O means to me.
The impossible may lie within a single post.

LuckyVike
03-22-2007, 02:54 AM
"so-cal" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"Ltrey" wrote:

=Z=

I'm in utter disbelief.

There once was a time when Zeus ONLY posted like that.
Something made him break and now he has begun an assault on the world.

mr.woo
03-22-2007, 08:36 AM
"LuckyVike" wrote:

"so-cal" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"Ltrey" wrote:

=Z=

I'm in utter disbelief.

webbys cruel weilding of power has broken him like a wild stallion lol
;D

Zeus
03-22-2007, 08:43 AM
"LuckyVike" wrote:

"so-cal" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"Ltrey" wrote:

=Z=

I'm in utter disbelief.

I still post sincere and nice things all the time.
People gloss over those in favor of the anger and bluster.

We all have our niche.

=Z=

Del Rio
03-22-2007, 08:44 AM
"Zeus" wrote:

"LuckyVike" wrote:

"so-cal" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"Ltrey" wrote:

=Z=

I'm in utter disbelief.

I still post sincere and nice things all the time.
People gloss over those in favor of the anger and bluster.

We all have our niche.

=Z=

At this point nothing you say will ever be looked upon in a light manner again. You have crossed the line so your kindness and insight is invisible to the world.

Zeus
03-22-2007, 09:24 AM
"Del" wrote:

At this point nothing you say will ever be looked upon in a light manner again. You have crossed the line so your kindness and insight is invisible to the world.

Whew.
That's a relief.

=Z=

so-cal vike
03-22-2007, 05:40 PM
"Zeus" wrote:

"Del" wrote:

Whew.
That's a relief.

=Z=

Not if I have anything to say about it.
I'm going to spread word everywhere, of this thoughtful and considerate Zeus.
Sure nobody will believe me, I may become an outcast, and I'll probably be thought of with the likes of the people who've seen aliens, bigfoot or the Loch Ness monster, but I don't care.

The people must know!

Zeus
03-22-2007, 10:58 PM
"so-cal" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"Del" wrote:

Whew.
That's a relief.

=Z=

Not if I have anything to say about it.
I'm going to spread word everywhere, of this thoughtful and considerate Zeus.
Sure nobody will believe me, I may become an outcast, and I'll probably be thought of with the likes of the people who've seen aliens, bigfoot or the Loch Ness monster, but I don't care.

The people must know!

The people do know, they just care not to believe it.

=Z=

so-cal vike
03-22-2007, 11:04 PM
Hell, I still don't believe it.
;D

VKG4LFE
03-31-2007, 11:15 PM
It means purplepride.org doesn't it?

hahahaha, ok that wasn't very funny.

It's just a great place to talk about our boys and other subjects and get away from the nags in our life, namely females!! hahaha (no offense TNT, WBL, etc.)

davike
05-25-2007, 12:58 AM
PP.O to me is a place to get away from a stressfull world. Its almost a different world without the problems of the real world. A place where you can start fresh and not be judged by some of your real life problems. Most people on here actually listen to what you have to say and take it like your an equal person and not judge them because of age or other variables or problems in life.

I don't have that many people or friends who really can discuss football seriously and intelligently with, but here I can discuss hard core football with all my fake cyber friends ;). Here I am not considered a crazy football fanatic just because I like to keep up with the game more then the average guy. I have learned many things about the game of football from some of the members on this site.

Thanks Webby for the great site.

6-KINGS
06-12-2007, 06:55 PM
PPO to me is like having a 4th testicle.
I thought having 3 was great , but PPO has given me that full extra pair.
Now sure PPO's extra testicle won't make rootbeer like my 3rd testicle but it still makes a big difference in my life.

Thanks PPO!
And have a RootBeer on me, or is that from me.............?

6-KINGS

mr.woo
06-12-2007, 09:36 PM
"6-KINGS" wrote:

Now sure PPO's extra testicle won't make rootbeer like my 3rd testicle but it still makes a big difference in my life.

Thanks PPO!

6-KINGS

WHAT?!? you get rootbeer!!! all my 3rd testicle makes is crappy diet soda :(

PurplePackerEater
06-12-2007, 09:42 PM
PP.O means I'm able to spend hours a day on the internet, where without it, it might not be possible. :D

BadlandsVikings
06-12-2007, 09:50 PM
"PurplePackerEater" wrote:

PP.O means I'm able to spend hours a day on the internet, where without it, it might not be possible. :D

It keeps you out of trouble
:)

shockzilla
06-12-2007, 09:51 PM
I can't believe I haven't commented here yet...

PPO is like a 2nd family to me. I have made a great many friends on here, some in real life (Singer and VikingQueen, Webby, NeumDog, TNT, VikingNed, Ultra, VikesWin2005, SnoBum, BadlandsViking, many others too numerous to mention), other in cyberspace. In PPO I have found a place where I can come to be myself, talk about whatever I want, voice my opinion on whatever subject, and not be ridiculed on my choice of music (DEVO notwithstanding... ;D). I can come on here and know I have a place to vent, a place to commiserate, and a place to open up and say anything I want.

Thanks to all of you out there who consider me your friend!

Zeus
06-12-2007, 10:38 PM
"shockzilla" wrote:

PPO is like a 2nd family to me. I have made a great many friends on here, some in real life (Singer and VikingQueen, Webby, NeumDog, TNT, VikingNed, Ultra, VikesWin2005, SnoBum, BadlandsViking, many others too numerous to mention)

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/LPG/50014~Finger-Posters.jpg

I will *never* Bring In Da Hornz with YOU again, mister.

=Z=

Marrdro
06-13-2007, 11:27 AM
Like Shock, I don't know how I missed this thread.
My IT guys must have been screening it
;D

I belong/have belonged to several different sites like this related to various interests that range from Vikings, IT, fishing and hunting. Currently I only support two of them with a daily presence/posts and monetary considerations (This one and my fishing clubs).

Webby does a great job not only keeping this thing up and running but the mods are also very fair and helpful when new guys like me mess up.
;D

Although I haven't been a member for even a year yet, I think I have gotten to know as many of you as I can through this site.
In almost all cases I think that is a blessing.
;D

I look forward to meeting some of you at upcoming games or whatever.

Zeus
06-13-2007, 11:42 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:

Although I haven't been a member for even a year yet, I think I have gotten to know as many of you as I can through this site.
In almost all cases I think that is a blessing.
;D

Or a curse.

=Z=

VKG4LFE
06-13-2007, 08:27 PM
"Zeus" wrote:

"shockzilla" wrote:

PPO is like a 2nd family to me. I have made a great many friends on here, some in real life (Singer and VikingQueen, Webby, NeumDog, TNT, VikingNed, Ultra, VikesWin2005, SnoBum, BadlandsViking, many others too numerous to mention)

=Z=

I second that notion!! lol, just playin'!

shockzilla
06-13-2007, 09:42 PM
"Zeus" wrote:

"shockzilla" wrote:

=Z=

Oops, my bad!!! (@$$hole - LOL)

shockzilla
06-13-2007, 09:42 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"shockzilla" wrote:

=Z=

I second that notion!! lol, just playin'!

See above.

6-KINGS
06-14-2007, 04:06 PM
"mr.woo" wrote:

"6-KINGS" wrote:

Thanks PPO!

6-KINGS

Well some chicks are on diets ya know!!

LOL

Webby
06-14-2007, 04:36 PM
"6-KINGS" wrote:

"mr.woo" wrote:

"6-KINGS" wrote:

Thanks PPO!

6-KINGS

Well some chicks are on diets ya know!!

LOL

It means lots of work, and lots of fun.
And the occasional asshole, but they are funny.

BloodyHorns82
06-14-2007, 04:44 PM
It means slacking off from real work, and risking getting fired on a daily basis.
I guess in turn this could mean reducing my family's livelyhood to cardboard box.
Cheers PP.O!!!

singersp
06-14-2007, 05:04 PM
PP.O to me means exactly what it is. Purplepride. org.

Now if you want to talk about the community or people here, that's another thing altogether.

nephilimstorm
06-14-2007, 08:36 PM
Its a place to hang out, have fun and meet some ral decent Viking Fans

Billy Boy
08-13-2007, 07:01 PM
I love this place.
Now I usually try as hard as possible to not toot my own horn but I cut a check for Webby the other day.
Its not a huge amount but its probably the first time it has ever felt great to pay somebody (it won't be the last).

I have learned a lot about the game since I have gotten here and it's all thanks to y'all.
In one of my introduction posts I mentioned I was at another Viking forum before here.
That place was crap, filled with trolls and annoying kids.
I am glad I stumbled along this site somehow.
It keeps me sane at work and gives me an outlet to use to ignore my co-workers.

SKOL Y'all.
I would buy any of you a beer if given the chance.

FedjeViking
08-13-2007, 07:40 PM
First, a place to get any information on the Vikings.

Then this is my group of friends that share all my ups and downs and share the common interest of our team. We root for each other as much as we root for the Vikings. We give advice, share in our sorrows, share the knowledge we know from life with the younger members, and is just a great place to be.

Thanks Webby

Vikes_King
08-17-2007, 03:03 AM
PurplePride to me is a place where i can come and chat it up with the real fans. not the people im used to in every day life, i get made fun of constantly at work & from my friends because of how diehard i am as a fan (at least when vikings came to town for camp my boss cut my hours so i could go to camp more tho
:) )

Those who are only band wagon fans make fun of me for my 9' banner in my 10' room :) but i say screw them! and i know u guys would have my back on that

Purple & Gold -- Through thick & thin!

davike
08-29-2007, 10:33 PM
"Vikes_King" wrote:

PurplePride to me is a place where i can come and chat it up with the real fans. not the people im used to in every day life, i get made fun of constantly at work & from my friends because of how diehard i am as a fan (at least when vikings came to town for camp my boss cut my hours so i could go to camp more tho
:) )

Those who are only band wagon fans make fun of me for my 9' banner in my 10' room :) but i say screw them! and i know u guys would have my back on that

Purple & Gold -- Through thick & thin!

Hell yeah!!

One of the reasons I like PP.O is that you just don't find many Vikings fans that actually know something about the game of football to talk football with in my area. So its nice to be able to talk and throw your opinion out there whether its any good or not
;D

cajunvike
08-29-2007, 10:44 PM
PP.O Mean???
Is that the opposite of Minnesota Nice?
LOL

marstc09
10-08-2007, 02:49 PM
It gives me a place to talk Vikings football because I live in WI and I do not know really any Vikings fans personally. It lets me vent my frustrations even though sometimes I get picked on for some of my comments!
;D

COJOMAY
10-08-2007, 03:01 PM
It gives me an opportunity to see how many truly stupid people there are in the world!

(That one should earn me a green dot!)
;D

BadlandsVikings
10-08-2007, 08:38 PM
"COJOMAY" wrote:

It gives me an opportunity to see how many truly stupid people there are in the world!

(That one should earn me a green dot!)
;D

http://www.getsmileyface.com/sm/fingers/fing21.gifhttp://www.getsmileyface.com/sm/fingers/fing21.gif

thevikingfan
12-04-2007, 10:41 AM
I go here to chill,read the rediculous articles badland always finds,and talk about my favorite team.
Of coarse its not pretty here when we loose but it is a good atmosphere when we win