PDA

View Full Version : Next year is looking real questionable

purpl34life
03-12-2007, 12:43 AM
Seriously Viking fans, what did you expect last year? Changed owners, rookie head coach, switched to the West Coast offense and inserted Brad Johnson as starting QB.
I just didn’t see that combination working no matter what.

Now if Mike Tice was still the coach and they provided that influx of talent, he would have done something.
No Super Bowl, but more entertaining for sure.
At least we could have enjoyed the press conferences.

Red McCombs hollowed out that team to the point where nothing was left.
I am not just talking on the field either; he sucked it dry from top to bottom.
Case in point: Remember the year they padded Antonio Winfields money just to get to the cap.
Yet that team wasn’t that bad.

The new owner isn’t totally at fault, firing Tice was just his 1st mistake.
Cleaning house on that coaching staff wasn’t necessary and it cost them wins this year and a few more years to come.
I am sure intentionally letting the clock expire on draft positions wasn’t Mike Tice’s idea.

The West Coast offense is boring by nature and Brad Childress has no personality.
Mix in the fact that Brad Johnson’s arm is just not NFL caliber anymore and you have last season.
The team wasn’t anymore disciplined without Tice; they just overreacted when something did happen.

A few more seasons of Marcus Robinson type ordeals and you can forget about free agency all together.
The Vikings won’t be able to sign anyone.

Looking forward, they need to some how open up that kick a$$ offense.
A QB with the lack of playing experience such as Jackson isn’t going to get it done, not in the West Coast offense.
Trading up or down in the draft wont equate to wins for next season.
Immediate help via free agency is all but a memory.
They just lost the 3rd defense coordinator in the last 4 years.
Childress has four more years on his contract and it’s all guaranteed.

Oh yeah, the new uniforms are ugly also.

I have followed the Vikings since I started watching football, I must say this might be as bleak as I have ever witnessed.
Perhaps as bad as the year Les Steckle coached.

Maybe they can start over in LA

VIPER420
03-12-2007, 12:48 AM
lock this thread and stop this guy from ever posting again!

vikings_fan66
03-12-2007, 01:49 AM
haha wow what a pessimist....calm down people im tired of all the overeacting....its still football and we still have NFL football players .... Games are not won on paper they do actually play them...Any given sunday ... We still have a solid core of players we wil be alright and if a few young guys pan out you never know what will happen

How about we all relax until the season starts and then if we start losing then you can start whining about everything wrong with the franchise

The Dropper
03-12-2007, 03:48 AM
You're absolutely right. We should bring back Tice, call a hail mary on every play, and ship the team down to California. Brad Childress is the worst coach in the history of all of organized sports, and personally, I would rather watch a Mike Tice press conference than a game coached by Childress.

BTW, how are things going, Mr. Tice? Finally learned how to use technology, huh? But how do you fit that laptop behind your ear?

cogitans
03-12-2007, 03:56 AM
Thank you for stopping bye to rant us all out like that.

AngloVike
03-12-2007, 04:15 AM
Well there's a positive start to the week
!

Stick with it and you may just be pleasantly surprised this season, it might not be a SB winning season but I'm looking to this team to take several large steps forward.

mr.woo
03-12-2007, 06:10 AM
i have faith in childresses plan. uit may look questionable but people questioned bellichick all these years.

OchoCinco
03-12-2007, 06:58 AM
Just think of all the positive people we would have had we burned all of our salary cap on one or two guys like other teams did.....I like our position in the the "catbird" seat when all of these teams have to let great players go next year because they cain't pay them....lol.
This was a weak year for free agents, sit tight, no need to spend money just because you have it.
You can't polish a turd.

Zeus
03-12-2007, 07:13 AM
"purpl34life" wrote:

Seriously Viking fans, what did you expect last year?

http://www.rit.edu/~cgs2794/files/pub/crappers/wtf.jpg

=Z=

Del Rio
03-12-2007, 07:23 AM
I tried to stop reading after he said firing Tice was a mistake......my curiosity got the best of me and I managed to suffer through a few more lines ultimately I ended when he said Childress has no personality and that somehow affected our team.

So in closing

+1

NordicNed
03-12-2007, 07:28 AM
Did someone hang up a flyer at wal-mart saying, sign up to PPO and get 20% off., ?
::)

Prophet
03-12-2007, 07:49 AM
I made it to the beginning of the second paragraph and somehow it feels like I just ate a supercharged fred flintstone chewable vitamin that instantly raised my IQ by a couple points.
I needed that, been feeling really stoopid lately.

Zeus
03-12-2007, 07:56 AM
"Prophet" wrote:

I made it to the beginning of the second paragraph and somehow it feels like I just ate a supercharged fred flintstone chewable vitamin that instantly raised my IQ by a couple points.
I needed that, been feeling really stoopid lately.

It's the time-change.

=Z=

Webby
03-12-2007, 08:26 AM
If I read any more naysaying by the chicken littles about next year before anything has even had a chance to happen this offseason, I am gonna start sniping people off into the impending PP.O Hell Forum.

Let there be light!

Marrdro
03-12-2007, 08:28 AM
Wow,

Yet again someone displays REAL football knowledge.

purpl34life take the time to read the threads that are about this.
You can do this my using the search funtion next the the "Show unread posts" or "Show new replies" function.

Welcome to the site by the way.
I can safely say you will "Post Often" but not sure about the "Post Well"

Sorry, in a bad mood today.
My Network guys sucked at "Server Backup/Restoration".

:o

marcosMN
03-12-2007, 08:41 AM
"Sometimes I need what only you can provide: your absence."

- Ashleigh Brilliant

Purplexing
03-12-2007, 08:43 AM
To make the effort to sign up to post negativity implies frustration.
However, I am uncertain of the source of the frustration.

Frustration of a Viking fan?
Not likely, based on the lack of any comments on Chester Taylor, Hutch, Longwell, Leber, Richardson, a few of the rookies, and re-signing KWilliams, McKinnie, EJ Henderson, J Dugan.

Frustration of a Da Bearrrsss fan over their Super Bowl failure, front office/ coaching turnover and turmoil, Lance Briggs' frustration, loss of T.Jones, and Tank Johnson falling behind Pacman Jones in felony incident counts? Perhaps.

Frustration of a Packer fan over the aging and deterioration of Favre, loss of Green, and drafting mistake named Rodgers?
Perhaps.

Frustration of a Lions fan over, well, let's just say Matt Millen and leave it at that... ?
Perhaps.

As a Viking fan who thinks through all the moves made to date by Wilf, Childress, Spielman, Studwell, and Brzezinski, and considers them to only be a fraction of all the moves contemplated as part of a 2-3 year plan, I'm not frustrated.

Zeus
03-12-2007, 08:47 AM
"Purplexing" wrote:

As a Viking fan who thinks through all the moves made to date by Wilf, Childress, Spielman, Studwell, and Brzezinski, and considers them to only be a fraction of all the moves contemplated as part of a 2-3 year plan, I'm not frustrated.

Now STOP THAT!
Newbies like yourself are supposed to be idjuts who can neither spell nor string a coherent sentence together.
You're in for it now!

=Z=
(Great post, PX!)

Marrdro
03-12-2007, 08:56 AM
"Purplexing" wrote:

To make the effort to sign up to post negativity implies frustration.
However, I am uncertain of the source of the frustration.

Frustration of a Viking fan?
Not likely, based on the lack of any comments on Chester Taylor, Hutch, Longwell, Leber, Richardson, a few of the rookies, and re-signing KWilliams, McKinnie, EJ Henderson, J Dugan.

Frustration of a Da Bearrrsss fan over their Super Bowl failure, front office/ coaching turnover and turmoil, Lance Briggs' frustration, loss of T.Jones, and Tank Johnson falling behind Pacman Jones in felony incident counts? Perhaps.

Frustration of a Packer fan over the aging and deterioration of Favre, loss of Green, and drafting mistake named Rodgers?
Perhaps.

Frustration of a Lions fan over, well, let's just say Matt Millen and leave it at that... ?
Perhaps.

Great post Purp.
You continue to impress.

I am not sure if the original poster even knows who these guys are or what shape the last regime left the team in.

Hopefully he will get caught up with the times.
::)

NodakPaul
03-12-2007, 08:57 AM
"purpl34life" wrote:

BWA HA HA HA HA <snort> HA HA HA HA HA!

Man, I needed that on a Monday morning!
Wait a second, he wasn't joking was he? :o

Welcome to PP.O purpl34life.
I am sorry, but I don't share your pessimistic view of the Vikings.
Don't worry, you're not alone.
There are some other people also think the Vikings season is going to be another poor one.
We refer to them as Chicken Littles, because no mater what is happening, they are convinced the sky is falling.
We also have the other extreme, people who are convinced that we a making a superbowl run every real regardless of the state of the team.
We call them homers.

Most people try to be in the realistic middle ground.
Give Childress another season.
It is vewry hard to judge a Head Coach based on one year, good or bad.
It takes two, even three years for the coach to truly implement his changes.
If we have another 6-10 or worse year, then I think the overall opinion of Childress will drop considerably.
But until then it is just too early to tell.

Webby
03-12-2007, 09:04 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:

Wow,

You can do this my using the search funtion next the the "Show unread posts" or "Show new replies" function.

Want me to put them in the PP.O Hell too?

8)

Del Rio
03-12-2007, 09:08 AM
I threw myself into PP.O hell. It wasn't so bad. Except for the pubic lice, but I may have brought those with me.

Marrdro
03-12-2007, 09:09 AM
"Webby" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

Wow,

8)

Naw,

They can only learn from doing.
My first attemp posting here probably wasn't much better.
If memory serves Del had to move it to the right forum.

I should've taken the high road (like I normally try to do) like Nodak did.
Good post Paul.
;D

stjmnsota
03-12-2007, 09:13 AM
Tice needed to go like the rest of the player that did.
HE was scalping tickets for gosh sake!
Tice may have potential, but if the Chargers can justify firing Marty, Tice isn't even an issue.
So what if he would have won a few more games this year.
All that did last year was screw up the draft.
We could have come out with a franchise QB and this year we may get that opportunity.
I feel good about the house cleaning. I am a little dissapointed that Tomlin left after only one year and did a better job than past coordinators but c'est la Vie.

Webby
03-12-2007, 09:25 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"Webby" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

Wow,

8)

Naw,

They can only learn from doing.
My first attemp posting here probably wasn't much better.
If memory serves Del had to move it to the right forum.

I should've taken the high road (like I normally try to do) like Nodak did.
Good post Paul.
;D

well, darn, I am itching to send someone there.
Like having new wheels and no keys.

Prophet
03-12-2007, 09:27 AM
"Webby" wrote:

...well, darn, I am itching to send someone there.

Like having new wheels and no keys.

pp.o hell is up and running?
Nice.
There will be plenty of folks to send there, can't you test the wheels with supervike07 or whatever his name was?
How do you have it set up?
This is going to be great.

snowinapril
03-12-2007, 09:30 AM
It is hard to tell what the cake is going to look and taste like when you are not the Baker.

Lighten up folks!

There are many layers to each tier.

Marrdro
03-12-2007, 09:32 AM
Couple of things to remember:

Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Zeus
03-12-2007, 09:34 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

I cried because I had no shoes - until I met a man with no feet.

So I took his shoes.

=Z=

Marrdro
03-12-2007, 09:41 AM
"Zeus" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

So I took his shoes.

=Z=

See it will work.
My thinking here is whenever someone makes a "Poor Attempt" at a thread, we hijack it with some sort of stupid quote along with a link to the "Everyone is stupid thread".
;D

baumy300
03-12-2007, 09:43 AM
"Marrdro" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

So I took his shoes.

=Z=

See it will work.
My thinking here is whenever someone makes a "Poor Attempt" at a thread, we hijack it with some sort of stupid quote along with a link to the "Everyone is stupid thread".
;D

For the longest time, I thought your avatar was a picture of you toting a huge shotgun in front of your boat.

Now I realize it is a marlin or some other fish.

Right on.

Billy Boy
03-12-2007, 09:56 AM
Considering he uses Brad Johnsons lack of arms strength as a claim as to why the Vikings will suck this year, you cant heed too much attention to this dingbat.
I have a strong belief he is straight up one of those crazy doomsayers from NY city.

I like his name
though.
Is there any way that we can give me his name?
We can call this guy "specimin A"

Seriously

Marrdro
03-12-2007, 11:48 AM
"baumy300" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"Marrdro" wrote:

So I took his shoes.

=Z=

See it will work.
;D

For the longest time, I thought your avatar was a picture of you toting a huge shotgun in front of your boat.

Now I realize it is a marlin or some other fish.

Right on.

I need to work on that a bit.
My Charles Daily is all black with a synthetic stock, my Mossberg 500, like my Winchester 120 has a wood stock with blued barrel.

Its actually a stripper, er I mean striper.
;D
42", 38 lbs.

The boat is a Angler 204 FX with a 150 hp Merc.

FreakinVikingsBaby
03-12-2007, 12:41 PM
You all really thought he was that bad? Damm, he did bring up some good points. One about with what happened to Marcus Robinson and if that happened too much we won't have anybody wanting to come here. Also, I thought he showed that he payed a great deal of attention to the vikes with his mention of tice letting the clock run out and mentioning winfield contract. All in all, I can agree that it was pretty pessimistic, but c'mon it's his first post and at least it wasn't about moss.
PS-we're still undefeated

NodakPaul
03-12-2007, 01:42 PM
The Vikings are going to suck next year... Doom on you, doom on you...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94Y7FuMRA0Y

;D

ultravikingfan
03-12-2007, 04:07 PM
"purpl34life" wrote:

Seriously Viking fans, what did you expect last year? Changed owners, rookie head coach, switched to the West Coast offense and inserted Brad Johnson as starting QB.
I just didn’t see that combination working no matter what.

Now if Mike Tice was still the coach and they provided that influx of talent, he would have done something.
No Super Bowl, but more entertaining for sure.
At least we could have enjoyed the press conferences.

Red McCombs hollowed out that team to the point where nothing was left.
I am not just talking on the field either; he sucked it dry from top to bottom.
Case in point: Remember the year they padded Antonio Winfields money just to get to the cap.
Yet that team wasn’t that bad.

Cleaning house on that coaching staff wasn’t necessary and it cost them wins this year and a few more years to come.
I am sure intentionally letting the clock expire on draft positions wasn’t Mike Tice’s idea.

The West Coast offense is boring by nature and Brad Childress has no personality.
Mix in the fact that Brad Johnson’s arm is just not NFL caliber anymore and you have last season.
The team wasn’t anymore disciplined without Tice; they just overreacted when something did happen.

A few more seasons of Marcus Robinson type ordeals and you can forget about free agency all together.
The Vikings won’t be able to sign anyone.

Looking forward, they need to some how open up that kick a$$ offense.
A QB with the lack of playing experience such as Jackson isn’t going to get it done, not in the West Coast offense.
Trading up or down in the draft wont equate to wins for next season.
Immediate help via free agency is all but a memory.
They just lost the 3rd defense coordinator in the last 4 years.
Childress has four more years on his contract and it’s all guaranteed.

Oh yeah, the new uniforms are ugly also.

I have followed the Vikings since I started watching football, I must say this might be as bleak as I have ever witnessed.
Perhaps as bad as the year Les Steckle coached.

Maybe they can start over in LA

I think I just shat my pants a little.

As bad a Steckyl?
You obviously did not watch football back then.
1 crap season last year and no big names FA's.
Head for the hills Bob Barker....we suck!

Find another damn team to cheer for.
I'm sorry, but this kinda shit bugs the crap outta me and about 98% of the other fans.

http://home.twmi.rr.com/mymaria/whiner.jpg

Please come back and respond...I doubt you will though.

nephilimstorm
03-12-2007, 04:39 PM
Geesh, what kind of post is that I deffinitly agree with Ultra Geesh

cajunvike
03-12-2007, 04:43 PM
On the flip side, we could ALL be Joey Sunshine!
Don't dis the naysayers...just debate the points that they make.
IF we didn't have ANY debate here, it wouldn't be any fun!

Prophet
03-12-2007, 04:45 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:

I hate debates, can't we all just be friends?

p.s.
fuck you Cajun.

ultravikingfan
03-12-2007, 04:45 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:

Good ahead then, spew the football talk.

Prophet
03-12-2007, 04:51 PM
That is some funny shit, 'this topic has been moved to pp.o hell' lmao

purpl34life
03-12-2007, 10:50 PM
True my post was a bit of a ramble, for that I am truly sorry.
The key points were this.

Mike Tice did a good job for the most part.
His Viking teams were entertaining, and his press conferences even more so.
The 2006 version of the Vikings was extremely boring, and so is Brad Childress.
I do realize it was his 1st year as a head coach; maybe this year will be better.
I just think the West Coast offense is stale.

Zygmunt Wilf isn’t totally at fault; Red McCombs left the entire organization in disarray.
Tice was the lowest paid head coach, with the least amount of supporting coaches.
All Vikings fans must agree with that statement

Tice was always short of talent, but yet the teams were competitive.
If he was given the influx of talent that Wilf provided Childress, the Vikings would have won more games this year.
That’s for sure.

It always appeared as if Tice took the wrap personally for misbehaving players.
Most coaches do but Tice was singled out by local and national media to look like a “loose cannon. ” When it happened to Childress, the entire organization overreacted.
All teams have problem players, the good coaches’ deal with it.

Cutting Marcus Robinson a few days before Christmas could possibly have an effect on potential free agency.
You can only retread so many Eagles, they keep the good ones.
If Robinson was under contract at this moment, he would be considered their number one receiver.
You can’t argue that point.

The signing of Bobby Wade is what actually fueled my 1st post.
He wasn’t an Eagle but yet another player with limited upside.
The talent part of free agency is over, a few salary cap victims will be left to pick over but that’s when you sign the retreads, not now.

The Les Steckel analogy was just gravy on my intoxicated babble.
It should have provided instant street credit with real Viking fans.
When he took over for Bud Grant in 1984, he turned the Vikings into precinct 13…. well precinct 3-13 actually.
Grant had to come out of retirement to clean up that mess.
Maybe Tice can come back and save the day with an 8-8 season.

Seriously when you score 282 points in a 16 games season, how much help can the draft really provide.
I don’t want to sound like a Chicken Head or whatever you call them.
I will look on the bright side.
West Coast offensive genius John Gruden only scored 211.
I live in Tampa, that’s the only football I have.
I live the pain.

So I apologize to anyone I offended, I love the Vikings.
Yes true I don’t care for the West Coast offense, the head coach, the owner, the mascot, or the new uniforms but…. another positive has come to light.

The old Tampa stadium reminded me of the Metrodome without the lid.
The Tampa tax payers ponied up for a new stadium and they won a Super Bowl.
The Colts ordered a new stadium and poof…a Super Bowl.
I wonder what it will take for the Vikings to win a Super Bowl?

Try what Tampa did.
Blow up the troft style urinals and build a new stadium.
Turn the gay looking mascot into a skeleton, totally redesign the new uniforms, and please sink that decrepit “my 1st Viking” ship at the practice facility.

Seriously, the NFL is all about $$$.
You and I can’t afford those $212 dollar seats but someone can.

Deronn
03-12-2007, 11:19 PM
Ok, I think I get it now. For everyone else, here's the cliff notes.

It's going to be a long 2007 season because
-Brad Childress is boring
-Tice was the lowest paid coach and had no reliable assistants
-Tice also took the rap for his players actions rather that overrreact like the current coaching staff
-Marcus Robinson is gone
-It's really Les Steckel's fault
-Overall, the team's poor record the last few years is a direct result of

-the urinals at the Metrodome

-the ship (no, not the love boat)

-Ragnar

- the Uniforms (didn't we just change those?)

- the fact that the Vikings can't sell enough tickets (huh?)

I don't like to jump on someone, especially someone who has just 2 posts on the site, but it sounds like you hate everything about the team.

And yes, If I ever get an official PPO title, I think I have just earned "Official Village Idiot" for reading this entire thread.

olson_10
03-12-2007, 11:28 PM
"purpl34life" wrote:

well we all know how the twins got theirs, something happened that got everybody rallying around the team..kirby passed away (RIP Puck) and a new ball park went from fantasy to a potential reality..and then the team went on a crazy run and had a huge couple of months that sealed the deal (even tho things arent looking good right now, itl eventually get done)..the vikings unfortunately at this point have nothing for ppl to rally around or get excited about unless they pull a great 2007 season out of their jiggly butt

its one thing to want a stadium when theres a ton of interest and hype surrounding a team, but its a totally different thing when most of the fans and media outlets hate the coach and the team isnt winning..the vikings need a big suprise season with some big upset wins early if they want to get something done regarding a new stadium (players also might want to stay outta trouble to stop all the bad publicity)

i dont understand what the hell ur talking about when u mention the colts..theyve played in the RCA Dome for how long? that place is nearly identical to the metrodome, but smaller i think..a new stadium doesnt win anything..the reason we want a new stadium is so that we can be assured that the vikes wont ever be moving!..we need a new stadium, but the fact that youve just basically said in other words "the vikings will win a superbowl with a new stadium" is absolutely rediculous

Webby
03-12-2007, 11:39 PM
"purpl34life" wrote:

True my post was a bit of a ramble, for that I am truly sorry.
The key points were this.

Mike Tice did a good job for the most part.
His Viking teams were entertaining, and his press conferences even more so.
The 2006 version of the Vikings was extremely boring, and so is Brad Childress.
I do realize it was his 1st year as a head coach; maybe this year will be better.
I just think the West Coast offense is stale.

Zygmunt Wilf isn’t totally at fault; Red McCombs left the entire organization in disarray.
Tice was the lowest paid head coach, with the least amount of supporting coaches.
All Vikings fans must agree with that statement

If he was given the influx of talent that Wilf provided Childress, the Vikings would have won more games this year.
That’s for sure.

It always appeared as if Tice took the wrap personally for misbehaving players.
Most coaches do but Tice was singled out by local and national media to look like a “loose cannon. ” When it happened to Childress, the entire organization overreacted.
All teams have problem players, the good coaches’ deal with it.

Cutting Marcus Robinson a few days before Christmas could possibly have an effect on potential free agency.
You can only retread so many Eagles, they keep the good ones.
If Robinson was under contract at this moment, he would be considered their number one receiver.
You can’t argue that point.

The signing of Bobby Wade is what actually fueled my 1st post.
He wasn’t an Eagle but yet another player with limited upside.
The talent part of free agency is over, a few salary cap victims will be left to pick over but that’s when you sign the retreads, not now.

The Les Steckel analogy was just gravy on my intoxicated babble.
It should have provided instant street credit with real Viking fans.
When he took over for Bud Grant in 1984, he turned the Vikings into precinct 13…. well precinct 3-13 actually.
Grant had to come out of retirement to clean up that mess.
Maybe Tice can come back and save the day with an 8-8 season.

Seriously when you score 282 points in a 16 games season, how much help can the draft really provide.
I don’t want to sound like a Chicken Head or whatever you call them.
I will look on the bright side.
West Coast offensive genius John Gruden only scored 211.
I live in Tampa, that’s the only football I have.
I live the pain.

So I apologize to anyone I offended, I love the Vikings.
Yes true I don’t care for the West Coast offense, the head coach, the owner, the mascot, or the new uniforms but…. another positive has come to light.

Try what Tampa did.
Blow up the troft style urinals and build a new stadium.
Turn the *** looking mascot into a skeleton, totally redesign the new uniforms, and please sink that decrepit “my 1st Viking” ship at the practice facility.

Seriously, the NFL is all about $$$.
You and I can’t afford those $212 dollar seats but someone can.

Don't worry, all perspectives are welcome.
The way off chatting brought it here....we had to seed this somehow.

Can't say I am completely hip on your viewpoint, but I can see how someone could see it that way.
Nothing wrong with it at all.

SKOL
03-12-2007, 11:49 PM
"purpl34life" wrote:

That’s for sure.

True Dat !!
A lot of us here hated to see Tice go.
His teams were generally competitive, although short on talent, thanks to our cheap old ownership.
He was fun to watch too.

midgensa
03-13-2007, 02:26 AM
I'll admit, right now I don't really feel great about the offseason. I was a Tice apologist for quite a while. I have doubts about Childress and I do think next year could be tough with Tarvaris at the reins. BUT ...
I still do not use this forum or any other to trash my team. I still have faith in the current administration's 2-3 year plan and still would like to wait until the draft and end of free agent period to really look at my team and declare if the sky is falling.
If you're actually a Vikes fan I do not want to associate with you, because you are one of "those" Vikings fans who will never be happy. If you are not a Vikings fan ... then what are you here fr anyways?
I like the Vikes chances with the Bears taking a step back and I think that the Vikes, Lions and Packers have room for improvement ... I hope we improve the most and have faith that we will.

Prophet
03-13-2007, 06:19 AM
"Deronn" wrote:

...And yes, If I ever get an official PPO title, I think I have just earned "Official Village Idiot" for reading this entire thread.

lmao, read hundreds of them then you can be officially retarded.
I've earned that merit badge.

Del Rio
03-13-2007, 07:29 AM
"SKOL" wrote:

"purpl34life" wrote:

That’s for sure.

True Dat !!
A lot of us here hated to see Tice go.
His teams were generally competitive, although short on talent, thanks to our cheap old ownership.
He was fun to watch too.

Mike Tice had more pro-bowlers on one side of the ball then Childress has on the whole team.

Spending money means very little if you lack the capacity to spend it well. In my opinion the jury is out on Childress, but I would not be so confident Tice would have spent it well.

Whats more is the guy did less with more talent then any coach I think I have ever seen. Tice that is. I just don't see it and I am glad they didn't extend his contract. I think I would be more pissed watching a numbskull waste money then I would watching an owner hold back on spending.

Vikes_King
03-13-2007, 07:50 AM
ok... i wasnt going to comment on most of the shit in this thread....

but one thing i read just got to me

GET RID OF THE MASCOT!?!?!?!? ARE YOU KIDDING ME!??!?!?!

Ragnar is the fuckin man, not only is he the perfect mascot for the team, he's active in many charity events and in the community, and has been chosen been mascot in all of sports before in an article :D

i dont care what you say about the team, players, coaches, stadium, whatever, dont bash ragnar >_<!!!

NodakPaul
03-13-2007, 08:23 AM
"purpl34life" wrote:

To be honest, I am not a huge fan of the WCO either.
But it was a welcome change after the years of run and gun offense that produced nothing.
I am willing to give this a try.

As to the head coach, it is too early to tell.
He is obviously not as personable as Tice, but to say that Tice was better is honestly laughable.
Del put it best in his last post, so I won't rehash it here.

Zygi is also the best owner the Vikings have had in a while.
Who did you think was better?
Red? LMAO!
Zygi is actually passionate about football, not just about making money.

Then there is Ragnar.
:o You want to turn our mascot into a skeleton?
Not sure what that has to do with Vikings at all...

Finally the new uni's.
You said that you lived in Tampa, so I can understand this a little.
The uniforms tend to look bluish on TV.
Somewhere in this forum there is a whole thread devoted to why this is the case, but the bottom line is that purple is a very hard color to reproduce digitally.
The Vikings uniforms are the exact same shade of purple as the old jerseys, and I personally love them.
They could use a couple of tweaks (like no more purple socks with the purple pants!), but over all I think they are pretty damn sharp.
I think the community is still divided on this one though.

Zeus
03-13-2007, 08:29 AM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

"purpl34life" wrote:

To be honest, I am not a huge fan of the WCO either.
But it was a welcome change after the years of run and gun offense that produced nothing.
I am willing to give this a try.

WCO??
What is that?

Are you referring to the Juggernaut known as the

Kick Ass Offense?

=Z=