PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Durant



VKG4LFE
03-11-2007, 03:02 PM
This guy is an absolute stud! As a freshman he is tearing things up! In the Big 12 championship right now he has 21 of his teams first 34 points on 8-11 shooting! This is a freshman doing it against the #2 team in the nation!! If he isn't the player of the year nobody is! Thoughts?

snowinapril
03-11-2007, 03:04 PM
Guys like this can make a team in the tourney, that is JMO!

VKG4LFE
03-11-2007, 03:10 PM
A prime example would be Carmelo Anthony his freshman year at Syracuse. Durant is scary good, 22 points in the first half today!

Newman
03-11-2007, 03:22 PM
hands down the best college basketball player in the country and he is only a freshman

VKG4LFE
03-11-2007, 03:27 PM
Yep, it is very hard to argue that!

Ltrey33
03-11-2007, 03:36 PM
This is the first opportunity I've had to watch him play. The guy is ridiculous. I'm a Boston Celtics fan, and by the looks of it they're going to have a shot at the #1 or #2 pick in the draft this year. If Durant comes out, they should do everything they can to get him. He's going to be a heck of a pro.

He's got great size, can put the ball on the floor, can post up, can rebound....he's a great all around player. I think he needs some work on his jumper a bit, just to increase his range (which is already great) and be more consistent from downtown, but he's a hell of a player.

VKG4LFE
03-11-2007, 03:39 PM
He reminds me a lot of KG with his size and some of his skills. He'll need to add some muscle, but he's better farther out from the basket than KG. He's pretty fun to watch. I wonder how he'd do in the defensive minded big ten though.

VKG4LFE
03-11-2007, 03:48 PM
Durant up to 30 of his teams 60 points! Geez!

snowinapril
03-11-2007, 03:51 PM
"Ltrey" wrote:


This is the first opportunity I've had to watch him play. The guy is ridiculous. I'm a Boston Celtics fan, and by the looks of it they're going to have a shot at the #1 or #2 pick in the draft this year. If Durant comes out, they should do everything they can to get him. He's going to be a heck of a pro.

He's got great size, can put the ball on the floor, can post up, can rebound....he's a great all around player. I think he needs some work on his jumper a bit, just to increase his range (which is already great) and be more consistent from downtown, but he's a hell of a player.


Funny story, saw an interview with Durant's mom from the sideline today during the game, well spoken woman.
OK, the reporter, made reference to the fact that Danny Ainge (Celtics GM) was sitting next to her at the previous days game, she replied, "no disrepect, but I didn't know who he was until I saw it on ESPN."
LOL!

VKG4LFE
03-11-2007, 03:53 PM
lol, that's pretty funny. Let the Durant sweepstakes begin, who else has very few wins in the NBA, the grizzlies actually have a two game lead on the Durant sweepstakes, followed by the celtics, then the bobcats and the bucks.

On a side note, do you think Oden will leave for the NBA after this year? Personally I don't think he should.

VKG4LFE
03-11-2007, 04:47 PM
Durant's final stat line is his teams 88 - 84 loss to Kansas in the big 12 championship game:

37 points on 12 of 30 shooting from the floor, 10-11 at the free throw line and 3-7 from behind the arc. Not too shabby for a freshman.

lakehubertviking
03-11-2007, 05:04 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:


lol, that's pretty funny. Let the Durant sweepstakes begin, who else has very few wins in the NBA, the grizzlies actually have a two game lead on the Durant sweepstakes, followed by the celtics, then the bobcats and the bucks.

On a side note, do you think Oden will leave for the NBA after this year? Personally I don't think he should.


I'm not sure either one should.
Mary Kate & Ashley have bigger arms than Durant, and Oden could probably learn some more from banging around the Big Ten another year assuming he doesn't get hurt.

That said they'll probably both go and maybe since I didn't win the Megamillions last week the T-Wolves will get lucky this year.

Ltrey33
03-13-2007, 11:40 AM
"snowinapril" wrote:


"Ltrey" wrote:


This is the first opportunity I've had to watch him play. The guy is ridiculous. I'm a Boston Celtics fan, and by the looks of it they're going to have a shot at the #1 or #2 pick in the draft this year. If Durant comes out, they should do everything they can to get him. He's going to be a heck of a pro.

He's got great size, can put the ball on the floor, can post up, can rebound....he's a great all around player. I think he needs some work on his jumper a bit, just to increase his range (which is already great) and be more consistent from downtown, but he's a hell of a player.


Funny story, saw an interview with Durant's mom from the sideline today during the game, well spoken woman.
OK, the reporter, made reference to the fact that Danny Ainge (Celtics GM) was sitting next to her at the previous days game, she replied, "no disrepect, but I didn't know who he was until I saw it on ESPN."
LOL!


Haha...that's pretty funny.

I'd like to see both Durant and Oden come out this year, because odds are the Celtics are going to have the #1 or #2 pick. Durant is going to be a star, and Oden can develop into that dominant inside presence that can win you a championship, and the Celtics haven't been dominant in the paint in a really long time.

cajunvike
03-13-2007, 12:07 PM
Screw the Celsh!ts!!!!

tastywaves
03-13-2007, 01:20 PM
"lakehubertviking" wrote:


"VKG4LFE" wrote:


lol, that's pretty funny. Let the Durant sweepstakes begin, who else has very few wins in the NBA, the grizzlies actually have a two game lead on the Durant sweepstakes, followed by the celtics, then the bobcats and the bucks.

On a side note, do you think Oden will leave for the NBA after this year? Personally I don't think he should.


I'm not sure either one should.
Mary Kate & Ashley have bigger arms than Durant, and Oden could probably learn some more from banging around the Big Ten another year assuming he doesn't get hurt.

That said they'll probably both go and maybe since I didn't win the Megamillions last week the T-Wolves will get lucky this year.


Even though I would love to see Durant stay (sitting here in Longhorn country), if you're projected to go #1 or #2 in the draft, I think you have to go.
All you can do is go down if you stay and take a year's worth of huge money away.
Barnes is thrilled he got 1yr out of Durant and I wouldn't doubt that he is advising him to go pro.

I would be surprised if Oden doesn't go pro as well.

olson_10
03-13-2007, 02:01 PM
flat out Kevin Durant is the best, sickest, most insane scorer to come out of college in a long long time..Oden has more upside, but only because of his size..alot of odens defensive stats are inflated by him being allowed to park himself in the paint all day long, and his offensive game consists of dunks and the occasional made hook shot..right now the better player by far is Durant..im not projecting who will be the better pro in the long run, im just saying right now the better player is durant, and its not even close

Mr Anderson
03-13-2007, 03:20 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:


Durant's final stat line is his teams 88 - 84 loss to Kansas in the big 12 championship game:

37 points on 12 of 30 shooting from the floor, 10-11 at the free throw line and 3-7 from behind the arc. Not too shabby for a freshman.


A 6'10 freshman at that.

He's so smooth, and such a good athlete for a 6'10 dude.

He's gonna be a great NBA player.

olson_10
03-13-2007, 03:22 PM
"Mr" wrote:


"VKG4LFE" wrote:


Durant's final stat line is his teams 88 - 84 loss to Kansas in the big 12 championship game:

37 points on 12 of 30 shooting from the floor, 10-11 at the free throw line and 3-7 from behind the arc. Not too shabby for a freshman.


A 6'10 freshman at that.

He's so smooth, and such a good athlete for a 6'10 dude.

He's gonna be a great NBA player.

rebounds, blocks shots, quick, rediculous hops, suprisingly good outside touch, good hands around the basket..complete package..just needs some bulk added on when he gets to the pros..alot of ppl mke comparisons for players, none of which turn out, but this guy will be the closest thing to kevin garnett, with better range

VKG4LFE
03-14-2007, 07:23 PM
"Mr" wrote:


"VKG4LFE" wrote:


Durant's final stat line is his teams 88 - 84 loss to Kansas in the big 12 championship game:

37 points on 12 of 30 shooting from the floor, 10-11 at the free throw line and 3-7 from behind the arc. Not too shabby for a freshman.


A 6'10 freshman at that.

He's so smooth, and such a good athlete for a 6'10 dude.

He's gonna be a great NBA player.


I do think he'll be good, but he does need to bulk up a little bit.

Ltrey33
03-18-2007, 10:20 PM
16 games left and the Celtics have a 3.5 game lead on the Grizzlies....come on Celtics! Suck as badly as you can!

My only hope is that both Oden and Durant come out so the C's are guaranteed to get one of them. Then again, the draft lottery has betrayed the Celtics before (see Duncan, Tim) and so has the draft (see Bias, Len) so nothing is a sure bet!

PacMan21
03-18-2007, 10:25 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2803589

Celtics fined for excessive contact with Durant family

BOSTON -- The Boston Celtics confirmed Sunday that the team had been fined $30,000 by the NBA for excessive contact with the family of University of Texas star freshman and likely lottery draft pick Kevin Durant.

VKG4LFE
03-21-2007, 08:10 PM
Geez, Durant only had 30, yes THIRTY in his final collegiate game! Who's gonna win him in the draft!

Ltrey33
04-05-2007, 08:47 PM
Anyone know when guys usually announce whether or not they're coming back?

maxinator11
04-05-2007, 09:46 PM
Hands down, this kid is the best in college basketball... him and Oden
in their two losses Durant scored 30 and Oden scored 25, they did their part, their team didn't though...

DustinDupont
04-14-2007, 12:41 AM
i would rather have oden... get me right there both amazing but oden is just so dominate on offense he was pushing horford probally a top 5 pick out of his way like he was a little boy oden is gonna be a stud he just so athletic for someone being as big and strong as he is.. i also think durant will be good but i dont think he will have the impact like oden just cuz he needs to bulk up