PDA

View Full Version : anybody else hope Seahawks beat the Patriots

little redhead
10-15-2004, 09:54 AM
Does anyone else hope the Seahawks kick the crap out of the Patriots this week. I know it probably won't happen but if there is a team that could maybe do it the Seahawks could be it. Not that I want to give the Seahawks any more momentum I am just getting tired of all the Patriot hype and wouldn't mind seeing them get knocked down a level.

Del Rio
10-15-2004, 09:56 AM
:cheers:

Me

triedandtruevikesfan
10-15-2004, 09:59 AM
I really hope so... I don't think they will... but I hope!!

hovan
10-15-2004, 09:59 AM
"little redhead" wrote:

Does anyone else hope the Seahawks kick the crap out of the Patriots this week. I know it probably won't happen but if there is a team that could maybe do it the Seahawks could be it. Not that I want to give the Seahawks any more momentum I am just getting tired of all the Patriot hype and wouldn't mind seeing them get knocked down a level.

Yeah, I'm taking them plus the points. Plus, I am getting a little tired of hearing about Tom Brady.

cajunvike
10-15-2004, 10:00 AM
"little redhead" wrote:

You said it ALL!!! How about if the Seahawks win, you post a pic of yourself...LOL

little redhead
10-15-2004, 10:04 AM
You said it ALL!!! How about if the Seahawks win, you post a pic of yourself...LOL[/quote]

Maybe!!

Yeah I picked the Seahawks as one of my upset picks so I hope they do it. I am just getting so tired of hearing about the darlings of the NFL as much as I want the Vikes to go to and win the superbowl this year I don't care who does it as long as it is not the Patriots. It is almost getting as bad as having to hear about Bret Favre every second.

josdin00
10-15-2004, 10:05 AM
It would be nice to not have to hear about the streak anymore, but I'd rather wait until next week, for the Jets to beat them. Seattle is a playoff contender, and a probable division winner. If the Vikings continue there current winning ways, the same will be true for us, which could mean a playoff meeting for the two teams. I know it's early in the season, and I'm looking rather far ahead, that we should go one game at a time, and all those other cliches, but I'd rather that a playoff game be in Minnesota then Seattle. New England's winning streak doesn't mean anything to the Vikes. If the Jets win, it doesn't mean anything to the Vikes. If Seattle wins, it could mean something, so I'll root against them until I know that it won't hurt the Vikes if they win.

little redhead
10-15-2004, 10:08 AM
How come my little quotes thing isn't working right now. It doesn't put them up correctly. I haven't done anything different when using someone else quotes in my posts but they don't work the way they did before. I don't think I am doing anything different well anyways sorry that it looks stupid. All I did was delete out my original quote and used cajuns quote. Maybe if you delete something out it doesn't work right. I guess I really need to take web forum posting class 101.

josdin00
10-15-2004, 10:20 AM
"little redhead" wrote:

How come my little quotes thing isn't working right now. It doesn't put them up correctly. I haven't done anything different when using someone else quotes in my posts but they don't work the way they did before. I don't think I am doing anything different well anyways sorry that it looks stupid. All I did was delete out my original quote and used cajuns quote. Maybe if you delete something out it doesn't work right. I guess I really need to take web forum posting class 101.

It looks like when you deleted your original quote, you also deleted the opening quote tag. You have the "[/quote]" tag, but you should have a tag at the beginning that should look like "[quote="cajunvike"]".

hovan
10-15-2004, 10:24 AM
"little redhead" wrote:

I guess I really need to take web forum posting class 101.

I think we all could use a little of that :lol:

purplepat
10-15-2004, 10:53 AM
Not me. Whenever it comes to a contending NFC team vs an AFC team, I'll root for the AFC team to help the Vikings out in terms of home field advantage for the playoffs. The Seahawks look awfully strong to me this year, and they should sweep the Niners and Cardinals in their division, so I'll take a Seahawks loss any way it comes.

little redhead
10-15-2004, 11:02 AM
Yes you and Josdin make a great point there. I wasn't really looking down the line and certainly wasn't checking out who the Patriots play down the line either I just noticed this matchup this week and thought it wouldn't be that far fetched that the Seahawks could beat the Patriots and I am just so tired of hearing how wonderful the Patriots are that I was hoping they would get a little reality check. But you are correct although I don't want the Patriots to win I certainly don't want to give any momentum or a win to a team that we most likely will be going against in the playoffs. I just got a little ahead of myself I guess I was using the old saying one game at a time. I will look at the Patriots schedule and see if there is someone else I can root for to kick the crap out of them.

hawaiianvike21
10-16-2004, 05:24 AM
Yep cant stand the patriots long ass winning streak and i havent been able to tease one of my friends whose a pat fan for the longest time. :angryfire:

Some time soon their streak will come to an end and i hope its this week. :twisted:

ADubya26
10-16-2004, 09:42 PM
I want the Patriots to win because you never know if we might be up in there for homefield advantage at the end of the season. Normally I would want the Pats to lose, but not this week.

cajunvike
10-16-2004, 10:03 PM
"little redhead" wrote:

Yes you and Josdin make a great point there. I wasn't really looking down the line and certainly wasn't checking out who the Patriots play down the line either I just noticed this matchup this week and thought it wouldn't be that far fetched that the Seahawks could beat the Patriots and I am just so tired of hearing how wonderful the Patriots are that I was hoping they would get a little reality check. But you are correct although I don't want the Patriots to win I certainly don't want to give any momentum or a win to a team that we most likely will be going against in the playoffs. I just got a little ahead of myself I guess I was using the old saying one game at a time. I will look at the Patriots schedule and see if there is someone else I can root for to kick the crap out of them.

Hey everyone, if the Vikes win out (I hope), it won't matter who wins this game...so I am still rooting for the Seahawks, as I hate ALL Boston teams (BTW, the Yanks are kicking the Sox A$$E$)...so F*CK the Patsies!

vikingsalltheway
10-16-2004, 10:11 PM
I dont care who wins. If the vikes win and the packers lose that will be a great day for me.

VikingsTw
10-16-2004, 11:49 PM
LOL VATW, thats funny how you base your sundays on vikings win and packers loose, thats cool.

Anyways i'll be watching the game since we play at night and i will be pulling for patriots. I dont know the seahawks schedule but we need them to loose this game, like someone said this game could come down to home field in the playoffs. It would be a huge help for us to have the first game in the dome.