PDA

View Full Version : Chad Johnson

josdin00
10-15-2004, 08:44 AM
I found this in one of the fantasy football sources I look at:

Bengals: Johnson offers Browns relief
The News
Bengals wide receiver Chad Johnson sent a bottle of Pepto-Bismol to each of the Browns' starting defensive backs. The gift included a note which, according to the Cincinnati Enquirer, read "Just wanted to add a little color and relief to your week. All the best, Chad. #85."
Our View
You'd hardly know that Chad was Keyshawn's cousin. At least the Browns will be covered if anyone experiences nausea, heartburn, upset stomach, indigestion, or, heaven forbid, diarrhea.

Okay, that's just awesome. A little bit of creative trash talk to spice up a division rivalry. And remember, the last time Johnson did this kind of thing, he came through on his promise that the Bengals would had KC their first loss last year. I think I'm glad that I picked the Bengals in my confidence pool this week.

nat_devine
10-15-2004, 08:51 AM
My boyfriend is a Bengals fan so I'll have to pass this tidbit along to him.

Thanks for the laugh.

CrazyAtMSU
10-15-2004, 08:55 AM
I laughed out loud when i saw that. And being that i have Chad Johnson (who hasn't done anything) on my fantasy team, i'm interested in seeing what this leads to

cajunvike
10-15-2004, 09:59 AM
Short for Natalie or Natasha, right...not that there would be anything wrong with it, if it was short for Nathaniel or Natrone...LOL

jackyl
10-15-2004, 10:42 AM
Chad is a funny mofo!!

ItalianStallion
10-15-2004, 11:33 AM
Chad forget that in order for him to produce he has to have a quarterback who doesn't suck.

snowinapril
10-15-2004, 11:44 AM
FURTHER NOTE:

This was note only a harmless joke, it was also a promotional deal for Pepto and Breast Cancer.

Pink and Pink

Pepto is donating money to the Breast Cancer Org based on the performance of Johnson.

That is partly why he did it. He said he knows most of the backs ofer there in Cleveland. I heard some of the Browns were trying to use it as motivation. Johnson gave the whole secondary props for being great players.

vikingsalltheway
10-15-2004, 12:33 PM
I dont think the bengals are doing too good this year are they? I want them to do good.

josdin00
10-15-2004, 12:43 PM
They're 1-3, but they lost to 3 good teams, the Jets, Steelers, and Ravens. They beat the dolphins. I think they'll end up around .500 again this year, they just had a tough start.

sitandbehitski
10-15-2004, 12:57 PM
Chad has an attitude, but not a bad one. He's fiery and competitive, but doesn't whine like his unc Keyshawn when he doesn't get the ball enough. And it ain't bragging when you can back it up.

ultravikingfan
10-15-2004, 02:43 PM
"josdin00" wrote:

I found this in one of the fantasy football sources I look at:

Bengals: Johnson offers Browns relief
The News
Bengals wide receiver Chad Johnson sent a bottle of Pepto-Bismol to each of the Browns' starting defensive backs. The gift included a note which, according to the Cincinnati Enquirer, read "Just wanted to add a little color and relief to your week. All the best, Chad. #85."
Our View
You'd hardly know that Chad was Keyshawn's cousin. At least the Browns will be covered if anyone experiences nausea, heartburn, upset stomach, indigestion, or, heaven forbid, diarrhea.

Okay, that's just awesome. A little bit of creative trash talk to spice up a division rivalry. And remember, the last time Johnson did this kind of thing, he came through on his promise that the Bengals would had KC their first loss last year. I think I'm glad that I picked the Bengals in my confidence pool this week.

I live in Cleveland. The media is all over this! But, before Johnson guaranteed a victory over KC, he guaranteed one over the Browns! And the Bengals lost. He is 1-1 thus far on his guarantees!

Viking_Spirit
10-15-2004, 02:50 PM
That's pretty funny!

ultravikingfan
10-15-2004, 02:51 PM
Viking_Spirit, where is Ohio?

josdin00
10-15-2004, 02:58 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

I live in Cleveland. The media is all over this! But, before Johnson guaranteed a victory over KC, he guaranteed one over the Browns! And the Bengals lost. He is 1-1 thus far on his guarantees!

I didn't realize that he had that extra guarantee in there. I don't remember hearing about that one.

"snowinapril" wrote:

FURTHER NOTE:

This was note only a harmless joke, it was also a promotional deal for Pepto and Breast Cancer.

Pink and Pink

Pepto is donating money to the Breast Cancer Org based on the performance of Johnson.

That is partly why he did it. He said he knows most of the backs ofer there in Cleveland. I heard some of the Browns were trying to use it as motivation. Johnson gave the whole secondary props for being great players.

So Johnson figured out how to do corporate sponsored trash talk? Now I really like the guy.

ADubya26
10-15-2004, 05:32 PM
Guess it would be appropriate to give Pepto to the BROWNS lol...anyways! funny stuff

cajunvike
10-15-2004, 05:38 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

I'm no geography expert, but I believe that Ohio is in between PA, IN, KY and one of the Great Lakes...LOL.

ultravikingfan
10-16-2004, 06:35 AM
"cajunvike" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

I'm no geography expert, but I believe that Ohio is in between PA, IN, KY and one of the Great Lakes...LOL.

I meant IN Ohio, not IS. I am currently in Ohio now (so I have a pretty good idead where it is). Hate this damn state. Cannot put one past Cajun can we? :salute: