PDA

View Full Version : Owens

vikingsalltheway
10-14-2004, 11:22 PM
Anyone hear what he had to say about Manning Jr. of the panthers?
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/homeNewsDetail.jsp?id=16702

That guy needs to get laid a good one.

pudgesoprano
10-14-2004, 11:23 PM
ricky manning jr is a former twin so his got em

enlvikeman
10-14-2004, 11:24 PM
Mental case...the clock is ticking away for him.

dart18
10-14-2004, 11:25 PM
just another way Mr.look at me!! wants to be heard, i hope their CBs make the wr's on the eagles their beatrices early on often though i doubt it

vikingsalltheway
10-14-2004, 11:26 PM
There is alot of hatred developing between the panthers and eagles and we all know why.

pudgesoprano
10-14-2004, 11:26 PM
i love the talking this guys are human we talk they can talk all they want

vikingsalltheway
10-14-2004, 11:30 PM
This was at nfl smackdown as a link from a eagle fan.

Look at what these eagle fans are saying on Mannings website.

http://dcforum.whathelps.com/sportshelps/cgi-bin/forums/dcboard.pl?az=list&forum=Manning_FanBoards&conf=

cajunvike
10-14-2004, 11:30 PM
"vikingsalltheway" wrote:

F*CK T-Ho! Somebody needs to take his A$$ out back and give him a good whuppin'...and one of his TDs was a gift from the refs.

PhxFan
10-14-2004, 11:32 PM
WR Terrell Owens
"You can't let a guy take you out of your game. Maybe that's what happened (last year)," Owens said. "It's a different year, a different mindset. It's a different team.

Sounds like the same ol' bull though!! http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/contrib/dvv/sconf.gif

pudgesoprano
10-14-2004, 11:32 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:

F*CK T-Ho! Somebody needs to take his A$$ out back and give him a good whuppin'...and one of his TDs was a gift from the refs.you need to go do it

you talk all these sh!t on internet about him

he is great wr,culpepper celbrates you dont hate him,hovan talks sh!t it's okay for him

cajunvike
10-14-2004, 11:47 PM
Dude, Pep's celebrations are tame by comparison, well within the limits of proper NFL decorum. As for Hovan, he does most of the dirty work game in and game out, so if he wants to talk a little sh*t, he has certainly paid the price to be able to do it.

In T-Ho's case, his stunts are nothing more than "LOOK AT ME" type of sh*t...you don't see Moss or Marvin Harrison or too many of the other top receivers doing that type of childish, grandstanding, obnoxious, lamebrained crap. Yeah, I don't like T-Ho or McCrab, but mainly because they get way too much publicity for the wrong reasons. If he would cut the self-centered bullsh*t, maybe I would cut him some slack...if you have read some of my prior posts regarding T-Ho or McCrab, I have admitted that they are good players (I can't argue with their stats too much), but my beef is that they are overrated by the media (and that in T-Ho's case, his own opinion of himself is grossly inflated and misguided). I just want to see him taken down a notch and I am sure that before the season is over I will. As far as the whuppin' goes, if I could get away with it legally, I would "go do it".

pudgesoprano
10-14-2004, 11:55 PM
i dont mind him talking it's some people nature

im like that and i dont play football

every wr does that kind of stuff remember andre johnson is a quiet type player but after every play he spike the ball but the annocers said that he is a differnt wr than every other one

also marvin harrison is just like TO

week 4 last year they both had out burst whos do they talk about t.o

Its getting a little ridiculous,” said Harrison. “I’m not out there to block or run patterns or be a decoy. This team needs to get me the ball, immediately. If not, we’re in big trouble. This team can’t win unless I get 8 or 9 balls a game

The fact Harrison and the Colts are 4-0 certainly clouds the issue

http://www.thebrushback.com/receiver_full.htm

cajunvike
10-15-2004, 12:02 AM
But T-Ho takes it to a ridiculous level...I think that most NFL fans would agree with me on this...if he wants to increase his fan base, he will work on his maturity level and let his play do most of the talking...Moss seems to have finally grasped this concept and the media is starting to give him all of the respect that he desires. The showboats of the NFL could learn a lesson from Mr. Barry Sanders...he had no need to pull any of these childish stunts when he scored a TD, he simply handed the football to the ref (after dazzling us with some of the most spectacular running ever seen on a football field). The lack of showboating did nothing to keep him from making it into the Hall of Fame on his first try...if T-Ho wants to be considered among the greats, he will have to quit being a showboat and show us that his playmaking skills are all that are necessary for us to take notice of him (and I do believe that he is a very good WR).

pudgesoprano
10-15-2004, 12:06 AM
yeah but some people love attiction i was the guy in school who always told jokes for some attiction

i was big barry sanders fan to

that why even though the lions were a divison rivil the lions were my second favirote team when i was kid

cajunvike
10-15-2004, 12:09 AM
I like attention as much as the next guy, but T-Ho crosses the line...that is my biggest beef against the guy. I am not against TD celebrations...I fondly remember the granddaddy of them all, Billy "White Shoes" Johnson with the Oilers, but BS choreographed crap like the Sharpie thing or Horn's cell phone stunt, are just f*cking stupid.

pudgesoprano
10-15-2004, 12:12 AM
i thought when owens did it was about confendice he knew he was going score

joe just took that too a new level

VikingsTw
10-15-2004, 12:12 AM

Talk about geting laid out, did any of you see Winfield lay lumber on his ass on the MNF game.

I seen it on Playbook hits of the game or something, TO went to do a short little slant toward the LB's over the middle and he wasnt paying attention when Winfield came up from his soft coverage and f*ckin slammed his a$$. It freaked me out he hit him so hard his feet went out from under him. I didnt know that Winfields 180 pound frame could lay out TO's 230 pound frame :scratch: but he fooled me. Winfield continues to surprise with his solid hitting and great tackling.

cajunvike
10-15-2004, 12:13 AM
"vikingstw" wrote:

Talk about geting laid out, did any of you see Winfield lay lumber on his ass on the MNF game.

I seen it on Playbook hits of the game or something, TO went to do a short little slant toward the LB's over the middle and he wasnt paying attention when Winfield came up from his soft coverage and f*ckin slammed his a$$. It freaked me out he hit him so hard his feet went out from under him. I didnt know that Winfields 180 pound frame could lay out TO's 230 pound frame :scratch: but he fooled me. Winfield continues to surprise with his solid hitting and great tackling.

Sweet...any chance that you could post a pic of that hit?

pudgesoprano
10-15-2004, 12:15 AM
and find some of mr.october(peyton manning) getting layed out that would be cool

cajunvike
10-15-2004, 12:18 AM
"pudgesoprano" wrote:

and find some of mr.october(peyton manning) getting layed out that would be cool

While we are ordering up pics, McCrab getting his clock cleaned would make me smile as well...sorry to give you so much work, but just think how many posters here will be eternally grateful to you for all the hard work googling this stuff...that should be reward enough for anyone.

VikingsTw
10-15-2004, 12:30 AM
LOL, well i could try, if i found a pic of Winfield clocking owens i would make a sig out of it.

You could also ask VATW, hes pretty picture crazy.

cajunvike
10-15-2004, 12:35 AM
"vikingstw" wrote:

LOL, well i could try, if i found a pic of Winfield clocking owens i would make a sig out of it.

You could also ask VATW, hes pretty picture crazy.

Or hovan...or casper?

Bueller...Bueller?

hawaiianvike21
10-15-2004, 04:05 AM
This topic is simular to what chad johnson did to all the browns cbs and safeties i believe by sending each of them a bottle of pepmobisol (sp)? Funny S*** being dealt with cocky wideouts and cbs huh? :lol:

SOon sharper will be calling out moss or something. :lol:

vikings minnesoulija
10-15-2004, 04:12 AM
If you dont want him to celabrate then don't let him score it is as simple as that!

casper
10-15-2004, 07:19 AM
emotions off to the side for a sec =; one question can T-ho play :?:

I am in dude send me the pics I'll post'em on site no probs anything for you guys 8)

vikingsalltheway
10-15-2004, 11:05 AM
Ill post some pics.

vikingsalltheway
10-15-2004, 11:07 AM
or try.

josdin00
10-15-2004, 11:31 AM
"hawaiianvike21" wrote:

This topic is simular to what chad johnson did to all the browns cbs and safeties i believe by sending each of them a bottle of pepmobisol (sp)? Funny S*** being dealt with cocky wideouts and cbs huh? :lol:

Similar, maybe, but I like what Chad Johnson did. I don't like what Owens did. Owens called out a specific player on the other team, and is starting a fued with that player, based upon something that player said last year when Ownes wasn't even on the team. It seems he's going out of his way to create a story. Johnson didn't go to the media. He shipped a bottle of Pepto Bismol to each of the starters in the Brown's secondary, and included a note saying he was offering them "relief", and signed it "all the best, Chad. #85". That just has the ring of some good-natured trash talk, not something that's meant to inflame. Now that story did make it into the media, cause it's funny as hell, but Chad's goal doesn't appear to be drawing media attention to himself. His goal seems to be to have fun with a division rival. Maybe I just like it because it was creative. For the record, I thought the sharpie was funny too, but I don't like how TO has tried to come up with something to top it every game afterwards. Once is funny, more than that, and it becomes a pathetic cry for attention.

UTVikfan
10-15-2004, 12:02 PM
I thought the sharpie was STUPID, but kneeling on the star in Dallas cracked me up, bad. I couldn't stop laughing, especially after the Dallas guy went after him. Desecration of that nature just impresses me. The audacity. Is TO good? Yes. Is he half as good as he thinks he is? NO! Pep's celebrations like T.O.'s? Cmmmon now. Not even close. Maybe Campbell wanna be him, but not Pep.

vikingsalltheway
10-15-2004, 12:04 PM
"UTVikfan" wrote:

I thought the sharpie was STUPID, but kneeling on the star in Dallas cracked me up, bad. I couldn't stop laughing, especially after the Dallas guy went after him. Desecration of that nature just impresses me. The audacity. Is TO good? Yes. Is he half as good as he thinks he is? NO! Pep's celebrations like T.O.'s? Cmmmon now. Not even close. Maybe Campbell wanna be him, but not Pep.

I loved the dallas star incident. I mean didnt you viking fans love that especially since it happened to dallas.

snowinapril
10-15-2004, 12:05 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:

I like attention as much as the next guy, but T-Ho crosses the line...that is my biggest beef against the guy. I am not against TD celebrations...I fondly remember the granddaddy of them all, Billy "White Shoes" Johnson with the Oilers, but BS choreographed crap like the Sharpie thing or Horn's cell phone stunt, are just f*cking stupid.

I have agreed with 99.99999% of what you said Cajun.

Who is Joe Horn anyway? He got more publicity ot of the cell phone than he could have bought anywhere else for the $50,000 he was fined. Money well spent. His problem is that he hasn't made us remember him with his play.

TO on the other hand has had some good play since his antics last year.

Yes, he does need to cut this crap out. I think the NFL has given up on him understanding what it is about. He just doesn't get it. That is why I agree that he needs to have some Fronteer Justice brought upon himself. The problem is that the defenses are no longer allowed to do this. 20 years ago, he would be afraid to step out on that field after saying what he said, or doing the antic they do. 20-30 years ago I could picture one of the Steelers or Raiders taking that pomp-pomp and shoving it down his throat while he lie there unconcious from the forearm shiver delivered to his head. That kind of justice is not allowed anymore.

The NFL and America (trying to protect everyones rights) has brought this crap on themselves. :angryfire:

snowinapril
10-15-2004, 12:15 PM
"hawaiianvike21" wrote:

Chad Johnson Joke was taken out of context. No one has told us exactly what was on the notes. The media made it out to be a cocky thing so we would want to hear about it.

Truth: which is just as interesting.

He is doing a promo with Pepto and Breast Cancer Society where pepto is going to donate money to Breast Cancer awareness based on his performance. He did it as a total joke. On NFL Live yesterday he explained it all. They even had McCLutceons on there and they were laughing about it. Johnson said he respect the Browns DB's as a top DB team in the league and that he has to bring his A game to compete with them. He wasn't trash talking, he was having fun.

UTVikfan
10-15-2004, 12:21 PM
Explained that way, that is truly funny. Chad Johnson isn't bad. I think the browns recievers are better, but, /shrug its afc, who cares.

cajunvike
10-15-2004, 04:04 PM
"josdin00" wrote:

"hawaiianvike21" wrote:

Similar, maybe, but I like what Chad Johnson did. I don't like what Owens did. Owens called out a specific player on the other team, and is starting a fued with that player, based upon something that player said last year when Ownes wasn't even on the team. It seems he's going out of his way to create a story. Johnson didn't go to the media. He shipped a bottle of Pepto Bismol to each of the starters in the Brown's secondary, and included a note saying he was offering them "relief", and signed it "all the best, Chad. #85". That just has the ring of some good-natured trash talk, not something that's meant to inflame. Now that story did make it into the media, cause it's funny as hell, but Chad's goal doesn't appear to be drawing media attention to himself. His goal seems to be to have fun with a division rival. Maybe I just like it because it was creative. For the record, I thought the sharpie was funny too, but I don't like how TO has tried to come up with something to top it every game afterwards. Once is funny, more than that, and it becomes a pathetic cry for attention.

Difference is that Chad Johnson's joke wasn't done with a national TV audience watching and was really meant only for the Browns DBs...it is like the difference between trash talking in the game (CJ) and trash talking in the game while you are Mic'd Up on ESPN (TO).

ADubya26
10-15-2004, 05:24 PM
Moss jumps into the stands and gives signed balls to mentally/physically handicapped people. T-HO takes cheerleaders pom poms, signs balls, and disrepects other peoples fields like in Dallas. He is a little baby in a big mans body and someone needs to lay him out. Whats that smell? *sniff* Is that Brian Williams? Playoffs?

cajunvike
10-15-2004, 05:57 PM
"ADubya26" wrote:

Moss jumps into the stands and gives signed balls to mentally/physically handicapped people. T-HO takes cheerleaders pom poms, signs balls, and disrepects other peoples fields like in Dallas. He is a little baby in a big mans body and someone needs to lay him out. Whats that smell? *sniff* Is that Brian Williams? Playoffs?

I am with you 100%, ADub! T-Ho IS a little baby...I wouldn't mind seeing Ray Lewis lay his A$$ out for dissing the Ravens last offseason...or Deion taking away a few passes from him down the field...the day to see if it will come to pass is Halloween, when T-Ho gets a few tricks from the Ravens D...I am sure that Ray Lewis & Company will not pass up an opportunity to punish his A$$.

cajunvike
10-15-2004, 11:27 PM
You can't spell "hot dog" without T and O...LOL!
Found this quote in an article about T-Ho on ESPN.com.

pep2moss
10-15-2004, 11:31 PM
i hope someone just lays him out and pulls out a sharpie and gives it to him, that would be great