PDA

View Full Version : Tony Richardson Update????

mountainviking
03-06-2007, 01:51 PM
My neighbor is a Broncos fan by birth, and a Vikings fan by vicinity to me...so, he's mostly unbiased (I think).
His idea was that losing Tony Richardson was where our season turned south!!
He played in 9 games, but was injured for a few of them, as I recall, before he went on IR...?

Dugan filled in admirably for just learning the position, but Tony is still a hell of a player, how is his health??
Back better than ever by TC?
Anyone heard anything?

jargomcfargo
03-06-2007, 02:29 PM
"mountainviking" wrote:

My neighbor is a Broncos fan by birth, and a Vikings fan by vicinity to me...so, he's mostly unbiased (I think).
His idea was that losing Tony Richardson was where our season turned south!!
He played in 9 games, but was injured for a few of them, as I recall, before he went on IR...?

Dugan filled in admirably for just learning the position, but Tony is still a hell of a player, how is his health??
Back better than ever by TC?
Anyone heard anything?

I haven't seen anything. I agree.It seemed to be a turning point for the offense.
But the turning point for the season was Brady showing how to pick apart the defense.
Dugan played well the first game TR was out. I didn't see much from him after that.

Tony Richardson plays a big role in this offense. I pray he is healthy.

x-ray jeff
03-06-2007, 02:35 PM
There was an article someone posted here -(singer maybe?)-about how there was "no off season for Tony Richardson."
I found the article, but I don't know how to link it- it was more about his charity work than his rehab anyhow-sorry.

jargomcfargo
03-06-2007, 03:05 PM
"x-ray" wrote:

There was an article someone posted here -(singer maybe?)-about how there was "no off season for Tony Richardson."

I remember that being posted but don't remember the content. I thought it refered to how busy he was and not his workout routine!
At any rate. He was placed on injured reserve for a fractured forearm in the middle of November. It was expected to take 6 weeks to heal. He has a reputation as a player that works hard during the off season. I expect he will be fine.

I'm more concerned about, James-knee, Greenway-knee,Williams-knee, and also realize almost every player had an injury at some point last season.Mostly knee sprains.

Staying healthier this year, combined with far less penalties would improve this team quite a lot.

nephilimstorm
03-06-2007, 03:13 PM
Richardson should be fine and like the other member said I'm more concerned over the other injuries too...

Ltrey33
03-06-2007, 03:16 PM
I don't think Richardson would make THAT

Ltrey33
03-06-2007, 03:17 PM
I don't think Richardson would make THAT much of a difference really. We did miss him though, that's for sure.

IMO, he wasn't being utilized correctly before he was hurt anyway!

jargomcfargo
03-06-2007, 03:28 PM
"Ltrey" wrote:

I don't think Richardson would make THAT much of a difference really. We did miss him though, that's for sure.

IMO, he wasn't being utilized correctly before he was hurt anyway!

I think he did make a big difference. But you are absolutely right. He could have made a bigger difference had he been utilized better.

Vikes_King
03-06-2007, 11:51 PM
"jargomcfargo" wrote:

"x-ray" wrote:

I remember that being posted but don't remember the content. I thought it refered to how busy he was and not his workout routine!
At any rate. He was placed on injured reserve for a fractured forearm in the middle of November. It was expected to take 6 weeks to heal. He has a reputation as a player that works hard during the off season. I expect he will be fine.

I'm more concerned about, James-knee, Greenway-knee,Williams-knee, and also realize almost every player had an injury at some point last season.Mostly knee sprains.

Staying healthier this year, combined with far less penalties would improve this team quite a lot.

i actually almost forgot about james...hopefully he lives up to what we expected him to be last year