PDA

View Full Version : Anybody miss Baskett?



Vikaholic
03-05-2007, 10:09 PM
We wouldn't be in near the mess we are in at WR if not for that stupid trade Chilly and Spiellman made for that 5th (at best) reciever from Philly. We evaluate this guy and sign him after no one drafts him and then piss him away. Good thing Chilly wasn't there when we signed John Randle! The Eagles are still laughing at us and I'm pissed. >:(

Purple Floyd
03-05-2007, 10:30 PM
I have been as hard on Chilly as anyone but I am not convinced that keeping him in place of stinkston would have put any more notches in the win column. Although with the close margins we were losing by one touchdown or first down here or there may have done just that.

What I am more interested in is how he handles the talent this year and whether we see a noticeably improved team from the opening kickoff of the season.

VikesfaninWis
03-05-2007, 10:37 PM
That was a dumb f'n trade right there.. Childress should have had his balls cut off and shipped back to Philly in a box for that one..

BadlandsVikings
03-05-2007, 10:41 PM
"VikesfaninWis" wrote:


That was a dumb f'n trade right there.. Childress should have had his balls cut off and shipped back to Philly in a box for that one..


So is that a yes or a no?
:D

NordicNed
03-05-2007, 10:55 PM
How can I miss him?

I never got to know him as a player here.....





I also wonder what the trade was all about, I have a feeling something happened between him and management or the coaches.......





Something that was never bought to the publics attention.......





But do I miss him?


Nope.....

Mikecarter81
03-05-2007, 10:59 PM
"VikesfaninWis" wrote:


That was a dumb f'n trade right there.. Childress should have had his balls cut off and shipped back to Philly in a box for that one..


Hey why don't you cut your balls off and send them to Philly, it would do just as much good now as Chilli shipping his testicles.
Water over the bridge people...
Mike

Prophet
03-06-2007, 06:05 AM
Ok, I just cut my balls off....where am I suppose to send them again?

NordicNed
03-06-2007, 06:09 AM
I had a picnic once, and a Bear stole my Baskett, yes I miss that Baskett.... :'(

digital420
03-06-2007, 06:53 AM
i used to have a nice round harvesting basket..

it would allow the extra pollen-crystals to fall into a tray.. while carrying it around clipping the plants and setting the... ripe and ready for harvesting yield plant material into the basket.



i miss those days..
and the basket.

DiGiTaL

Vikes_King
03-06-2007, 12:14 PM
nope, and by the way, i'll be the guy to say im not dissappointed at all in the trade. McMullen has good hands, watch him play, not only will he rarely drop a pass but he'll also normally pick up that first.

Is he a star? No, but if we use him right he can still be an asset to the team, it's exactly what he did in philly

Zeus
03-06-2007, 12:19 PM
"Vikaholic" wrote:


We wouldn't be in near the mess we are in at WR if not for that stupid trade Chilly and Spiellman made for that 5th (at best) reciever from Philly.

I hate to burst the Bubble of Bluster you've got going here, but Hank Baskett was traded on May 19th of last year.
Rick Spielman was hired by the Vikings on May 30th.
So Spielman had nothing to do with this rather unremarkable trade which has boiled in your gullet lo these many long months.

=Z=

olson_10
03-06-2007, 12:19 PM
that trade was all brad childress, and it was an absolutely terrible deal

Mr. Purple
03-06-2007, 12:31 PM
Just last night I woke up drenched in sweat. I quickly reached over for my autographed rookie Baskett card.I sat there for a good 3 hours crying, with it clutched tightly in my arms.



Hannnnnk






Hankkkkkkkkkkkk





come backkkkkkk

Zeus
03-06-2007, 12:32 PM
"olson_10" wrote:


that trade was all brad childress, and it was an absolutely terrible deal


Based upon what criteria?
Please offer something other than "Because McMullen sucks and Baskett is a stud".

=Z=

mountainviking
03-06-2007, 01:04 PM
Hey Boo Boo, have you seen my pic-a-nic basket??

Too early to tell...Baskett only had a good game or two...based on one big play usually...can he get open on a regular basis or was he just a lucky recipient of the system on those few plays??

Doesn't look like McMullen helped the learning curve of our other WRs much by "knowing the language," but he did show some EFFORT in his limited playing time...(fumble recovery for TD? or something like that comes to mind)

snowinapril
03-06-2007, 01:15 PM
Yesterday I was at the store, went in for a few items, ended up gathering up more food items than I could carry comfortably.
I said to myself, "I wish I had a basket."

Otherwise, the answer would be no.

True Story, no kidding!

snowinapril
03-06-2007, 01:21 PM
"Zeus" wrote:


"Vikaholic" wrote:


We wouldn't be in near the mess we are in at WR if not for that stupid trade Chilly and Spiellman made for that 5th (at best) reciever from Philly.

I hate to burst the Bubble of Bluster you've got going here, but Hank Baskett was traded on May 19th of last year.
Rick Spielman was hired by the Vikings on May 30th.
So Spielman had nothing to do with this rather unremarkable trade which has boiled in your gullet lo these many long months.

=Z=


I would hate to be Bubby Brister too.

Seriously, it was a meaningless trade at the time.
Neither team knew what they were getting into, but maybe Chilly thought he knew McMuffin better than he actually did.
It might have been one of those character issue things.
Who know? Maybe Baskett wasn't a team guy?
Hard to know!

Zeus
03-06-2007, 01:22 PM
"snowinapril" wrote:


"Zeus" wrote:


"Vikaholic" wrote:


We wouldn't be in near the mess we are in at WR if not for that stupid trade Chilly and Spiellman made for that 5th (at best) reciever from Philly.

I hate to burst the Bubble of Bluster you've got going here, but Hank Baskett was traded on May 19th of last year.
Rick Spielman was hired by the Vikings on May 30th.
So Spielman had nothing to do with this rather unremarkable trade which has boiled in your gullet lo these many long months.

=Z=


I would hate to be Bubby Brister too.

Seriously, it was a meaningless trade at the time.
Neither team knew what they were getting into, but maybe Chilly thought he knew McMuffin better than he actually did.
It might have been one of those character issue things.
Who know? Maybe Baskett wasn't a team guy?
Hard to know!


I read on the internet that Hank Baskett molested Zygi Wilf's prize-winning shitzu the day before the trade was done.

=Z=

Prophet
03-06-2007, 01:25 PM
"Vikes_King" wrote:


nope, and by the way, i'll be the guy to say im not dissappointed at all in the trade. McMullen has good hands, watch him play, not only will he rarely drop a pass but he'll also normally pick up that first.

Is he a star? No, but if we use him right he can still be an asset to the team, it's exactly what he did in philly


Having McMuffin on the team really annoys me.
I have no rational reason why, it just annoys the hell out of me.

cajunvike
03-06-2007, 01:27 PM
Supposedly, he's slated to start for Philly....and he is probably better than anyone we have right now...that is assuming that TWill doesn't learn how to catch and that we don't retain Taylor.

Zeus
03-06-2007, 01:27 PM
"Prophet" wrote:


"Vikes_King" wrote:


nope, and by the way, i'll be the guy to say im not dissappointed at all in the trade. McMullen has good hands, watch him play, not only will he rarely drop a pass but he'll also normally pick up that first.

Is he a star? No, but if we use him right he can still be an asset to the team, it's exactly what he did in philly


Having McMuffin on the team really annoys me.
I have no rational reason why, it just annoys the hell out of me.


Perhaps you have a natural fear of Canadian bacon and are sub-consciously repulsed by the nickname you gave Billy Mac.

=Z=

BloodyHorns82
03-06-2007, 01:27 PM
"Prophet" wrote:


"Vikes_King" wrote:


nope, and by the way, i'll be the guy to say im not dissappointed at all in the trade. McMullen has good hands, watch him play, not only will he rarely drop a pass but he'll also normally pick up that first.

Is he a star? No, but if we use him right he can still be an asset to the team, it's exactly what he did in philly


Having McMuffin on the team really annoys me.
I have no rational reason why, it just annoys the hell out of me.


It's funny that you say that, because I've felt that same way since the day he dawned a puruple uni.

On a serious note...I wake up every morning with a hard on, and I'm certain it's because I'm missing Baskett.

Zeus
03-06-2007, 01:28 PM
"BloodyHorns82" wrote:

On a serious note...I wake up every morning with a hard on, and I'm certain it's because I'm missing Baskett.


Are you sure it's not just because the valve on your penis pump is stuck open?

=Z=