PDA

View Full Version : Tice pissed with Kelly Campbell

AngloVike
10-11-2004, 12:27 PM
Tice is currently chatting on his news conference and made comment about Campbell. He says he can't really fine Campbell but says that he "hopes that the league fines the snot out of Campbell" for his indiscretion in joining Daunte for his TD celebration.
He admits that he's not going to bench a playmaker but he doesn't think the problem will happen again ...... methinks Mr Campbell got his ear bent out of public site for that drop-off ! :argue:

cheesefree
10-11-2004, 12:32 PM
This is his second taunting flag in four games. How can he be that stupid?

whackthepack
10-11-2004, 12:36 PM
Well the dumb ass was not on the field when DC through the touchdown, he was on the side line injured and he ran onto the field and did the roll-on thing with DC.

I would fine him and yell at him too, it set Houston up with great field position and they scored on that drive to make it 28 - 21.

I do not blame Tice for being pissed.

AngloVike
10-11-2004, 12:37 PM
"cheesefree" wrote:

This is his second taunting flag in four games. How can he be that stupid?
well its one thing being over excited but Campbell needs to rein his emotions in during games - else he'll end up with a Dwayne Rudd reputation as a dumbo ....

UkViking
10-11-2004, 12:41 PM
Strap him to the bench :roll:

skogs02
10-11-2004, 01:19 PM
i find nothing wrong with this

sitandbehitski
10-11-2004, 01:21 PM
There's nothing wrong with being excited after a big TD, but if your not on the field, than stay off it when you're celibrating! Campbells a great playmaker, but he has to be more disciplined, methinks tice is gonna change that soon.

whackthepack
10-11-2004, 01:53 PM
"skogs02" wrote:

i find nothing wrong with this

Nothing wrong with giving the team we are trying to beat great field position and taking away the momentum we had after a score to put us up by 14 points?

purplepat
10-11-2004, 03:23 PM
Anything Campbell does that could result in a taunting penalty is STUPID and he deserves to be called out for it and fined if possible. He should have learned his lesson after week 1. He seriously needs to grow up, shut up, and just play football.

Even if he had been on the field for the play...any excessive celebration or celebration that looks as if it has been choreographed can be flagged. So "dancing with Daunte" falls in that category, and it needs to stop NOW.

snowinapril
10-11-2004, 03:33 PM
I like it the old school way. No celebrating.

Act like you've been there.

Congratulate your team on the sideline. If you did something good get your positives from the players on the bench and the field when you get to the sidelines.

Hey look at me, I'm an Idiot, if you haven't seen me yet, I am still an Idiot. Hey look at me give me an endorsement. Hey look at me I am cool. Hey look at me cause I am better than you.

Sounds and looks like taunting and that is not within the confines of sportsmanship

cajunvike
10-11-2004, 09:59 PM
"snowinapril" wrote:

Hey look at me, I'm an Idiot, if you haven't seen me yet, I am still an Idiot. Hey look at me give me an endorsement. Hey look at me I am cool. Hey look at me cause I am better than you.

I think that you just wrote down the essential definition of T-Ho...LOL

dan3ski
10-11-2004, 10:04 PM
When will the players get smart and learn to celebrate on the sidelines?

AngloVike
10-12-2004, 01:22 AM
"cajunvike" wrote:

"snowinapril" wrote:

I think that you just wrote down the essential definition of T-Ho...LOL

ROFL :lol: :lol: :lol:
and forget the "look at me I can do sit ups !" ..... just glad Moss doesn't do that .. else the TV station would be on a loooong commercial break after a Vikes score

diesavike
10-12-2004, 02:08 AM
[quote="snowinapril"]I like it the old school way. No celebrating.

Act like you've been there.

Couldn't agree with you more. Celebrating is fine, but when you're getting penalties for it, or if it looks like its been choreographed, that just nonsense.

ultravikingfan
10-12-2004, 06:25 AM
Nothing wrong with this? Come 'on, lets be realistic here. Dumb penalties can hurt. Lets not forget former Viking D. Rudd and he helmet tossing that cost the Browns the game. What a jack@#%!!! How about the dork for the Panthers crying about the ref's flag. Grow up! You're 10x the size of the ref. If anything, meet him by his car after the game. First things first, you must get the win!

whackthepack
10-12-2004, 08:16 AM
"dan3ski" wrote:

When will the players get smart and learn to celebrate on the sidelines?

Because that doesn't get them on the highlight reel! And for a lot of players that is what it is all about, will I be on ESPN!

Have you seen Campbell's quotes about this, I will not stop dancing or celebrating! I have seen him in a few interviews, he is not the brightest bulb on the tree or the sharpest knife in the drawer (which ever you prefer).

triedandtruevikesfan
10-12-2004, 08:32 AM
He has apologized... and granted as stupid as it was I don't think he will make it again!

dan3ski
10-12-2004, 10:25 AM
Gee how many times during a game does the camera go to the team benches?

UTVikfan
10-12-2004, 12:09 PM
Next time he does that, imo, Tice needs to say either you sit on the pine for two weeks, or we "talk in the parking lot" after practice. After that its just talk in the parking lot. I love his play, but what an immature idiot. Who is his role model, T.O.? Horn? Gotta make the plays first Campbell. Then grow up. PLEASE.

sdvikefan
10-12-2004, 12:24 PM
Did anybody see Nate Burleson after his TD catch? No fancy stuff, no going crazy, he just nodded and then returned to the sidelines to get congratulated by his teammates. That's a great kid right there and I'm glad we have him.

As for Campbell it's been said he's the team joker anyway so it doesn't surprise me to see him do stuff like this but he needs to show a little more self control. Nothing wrong with some celebration but when you cost the team yardage you need to knock it off.

whackthepack
10-12-2004, 12:29 PM
Twice!

pep2moss
10-12-2004, 08:51 PM
they called it on Daunte too for "getting his roll on" and i really didn't see what campbell did but hes the type that likes to celebrate but im really not too upset about this

rjkvikings
10-12-2004, 09:18 PM
"pep2moss" wrote:

they called it on Daunte too for "getting his roll on" and i really didn't see what campbell did but hes the type that likes to celebrate but im really not too upset about thisCambell went out and did it with him, and that's where the penalty comes in. You can't have multiple players doing it, but one is ok.

whackthepack
10-13-2004, 10:18 AM
You can not have someone coming off the bench and going out on the field to celebrate.

He is not that smart of a person, he is like the class clown that never grows up.

triedandtruevikesfan
10-13-2004, 10:28 AM
"whackthepack" wrote:

You can not have someone coming off the bench and going out on the field to celebrate.

He is not that smart of a person, he is like the class clown that never grows up.

I like that about him... however only when it doesn't cost us yards!!

Del Rio
10-13-2004, 10:35 AM
What about it is actually hurting the other team? I don't support it but I mean all the penalties I can think of come from harm or unfairness caused to the opposing team. What makes a play where someone comes out and celebrates for 5 seconds after a TD on the same penalty with spearing someone in the back or chop blocking at the knee when someone isn't looking.

I wouldn't mind this crap so much if the NFL didn't turn around and make money off of it.

The media, Video games, everything that can be packaged and sold to you and me is dripping with celebration and unsportsman like attitude now a days. It's a hard line to balance.

whackthepack
10-13-2004, 12:33 PM
I am not the rules maker, but having 6 or 8 guys out their doing 3 minute celebrations when it is your team they just scored on, sucks!

But the point is that Campbell has cost us field position in 2 games right after we scored on a team and we are trying to put them away.

If I could make the decission, I would bench him for 2 games and if he did it a third time he would be looking for a new team.

Del Rio
10-13-2004, 12:39 PM
Wow that's quite the punishment. Maybe we need you to coach the team instead of Tice because what he basically said was "Ooooooooo I'm so mad at him, but he is just too good for us to punish, hopefully someone else will instead."

whackthepack
10-13-2004, 12:40 PM
Can the league please punish our players because we don't have the balls!

ItalianStallion
10-13-2004, 12:45 PM
In other news Keith Stokes of the Winnepeg blue bombers took out a magazine he had stashed in the goal post padding after scoring a touchdown and began reading it nonchanlantly. He was flagged for a 10 yard penalty.

I wish we has more strict rules against celebrations in the CFL.

whackthepack
10-13-2004, 01:07 PM
TO wannabe!

cajunvike
10-13-2004, 01:36 PM
"ItalianStallion" wrote:

In other news Keith Stokes of the Winnepeg blue bombers took out a magazine he had stashed in the goal post padding after scoring a touchdown and began reading it nonchanlantly. He was flagged for a 10 yard penalty.

I wish we has more strict rules against celebrations in the CFL.

ROTFLMMFAO!!!!!! :cheers: