PDA

View Full Version : Judge: Stringer lawsuit can proceed

Garland Greene
02-01-2007, 06:27 PM
http://www.startribune.com/510/story/975321.html

I understand that the death of Korey was tragic and in no doubt hard on her. But what is she still hoping to gain at this point? Let it go alrady and move on.

sleepagent
02-01-2007, 06:45 PM
Vindictive gold digging B%#%ch!

singersp
02-01-2007, 08:33 PM
Lawsuit over death of Vikings OL can proceed (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16931258/)

Vikings lineman died from heatstroke during practice in 2001

Updated: 45 minutes ago

NodakPaul
02-01-2007, 08:39 PM
Apparently she didn't get enough money from the out-of-court settlement against the doctor who treated Korey.
What a b1tch.

Vikes
02-01-2007, 09:39 PM
OMG lady he PLAYED football. He could have gotten killed play the game he loved. I'm sorry for your loss, but come on enough is enough. The Vikings did not WANT to KILL your husband. Believe me the Vikings were hurt as well in the deal.

Let it GO I understand but it's time to move on!!!!!

Prophet
02-02-2007, 06:47 AM
Korey Stringer's Wife Will Fight the Good Fight (http://nfl.aolsportsblog.com/2007/02/01/korey-stringers-wife-will-fight-the-good-fight/)
Posted Feb 1st 2007 10:34PM by mjd

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.aolsportsblog.com/media/2007/02/korey-stringer-180.jpg

Del Rio
02-02-2007, 07:04 AM
I say sue away!

Sue the NFL and the companies that provide equipment because I agree it is dangerous in many instances. Then again the helmet has changed a lot over the last five years so you may have a hard time prooving that.

Newer helmets are better ventalated and better fitting.

However at the end of the day this company (NFL) is one of the most successful buisiness in all of sports you need to get your employees the best of the best. Develop helmets that breath and are durable, invest in the health and saftey of your people.

I say sue the shit out of em.

NodakPaul
02-02-2007, 08:06 AM
Del, if I thought for a second that she was suing because she gave a crap about the standard of equipment used by the NFL, then I would agree with you.

But she first tried to sue the Vikings because she said that they wre responsible for Korey's death.
(Case dismissed by a lower court and uphelp in the Minnesota Supreme Court)

Then she sued the doctor who treated him because she said he was responsible for Korey's death (although for a completely different reason). (Case settled out of court, like gol 'darnit near all malpractice suits are, regardless of guilt).

Now she is suing the NFL and the helmet manufacture because now she says... wait for it... that they are responsible for Korey's death.
And guess what, the reasons that she holds them responsible have nothing to do with the reasons she tried to hold the Vikings or the unfortunate doctor responsible.

If this one doesn't work out for her she will probably try to sue God himself for making the day too hot.
Or the state of Minnesota for not using taxpayer money to build an indoor training camp in Mankato (it was on university grounds after all...)
Or the NCAA for promoting a sport in college that could potentially be fatal at the pro level.
::)

IMHO she doesn't give a pooh about the other players or their conditions.
She just wants a lunch ticket.
It is a shame that a player who was so beloved by the people of Minnesota is getting used this way years after his tragic death.

Del Rio
02-02-2007, 08:36 AM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

Del, if I thought for a second that she was suing because she gave a crap about the standard of equipment used by the NFL, then I would agree with you.

But she first tried to sue the Vikings because she said that they wre responsible for Korey's death.

Then she sued the doctor who treated him because she said he was responsible for Korey's death (although for a completely different reason). (Case settled out of court, like gol 'darnit near all malpractice suits are, regardless of guilt).

Now she is suing the NFL and the helmet manufacture because now she says... wait for it... that they are responsible for Korey's death.
And guess what, the reasons that she holds them responsible have nothing to do with the reasons she tried to hold the Vikings or the unfortunate doctor responsible.

If this one doesn't work out for her she will probably try to sue God himself for making the day too hot.
Or the state of Minnesota for not using taxpayer money to build an indoor training camp in Mankato (it was on university grounds after all...)
Or the NCAA for promoting a sport in college that could potentially be fatal at the pro level.

It is a shame that a player who was so beloved by the people of Minnesota is getting used this way years after his tragic death.

I could really give a shit why she does it if it in someway prevents it from happening to someone else.

It has already changed the way practices have been held and if she can get the equipment to change then I am all for it. I am not god, I do not know her intentions or why she is doing it, you all assume it is the money, I am not. I am simply looking at the lawsuits and the change that is coming from them.

If she is on a mission to change the way things are done (and she has already to a certain extent) then I am all for it. It takes tragedy to knock a powerhouse like the NFL down a few rungs and she has the opportunity to do so and IMO should especially wheh it could improve the quality of saftey for everyone.

I'm not about to sit here and place a dollar ammount on her husband. If she is out for change then I say go for it.

Garland Greene
02-02-2007, 08:39 AM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

I have to agree there. When does it stop? Not sying it was not tragic but let it end for the families sake. Stop dragging this on.

Garland Greene
02-02-2007, 08:41 AM
"Del" wrote:

"NodakPaul" wrote:

I could really give a pooh why she does it if it in someway prevents it from happening to someone else.

It has already changed the way practices have been held and if she can get the equipment to change then I am all for it. I am not god, I do not know her intentions or why she is doing it, you all assume it is the money, I am not. I am simply looking at the lawsuits and the change that is coming from them.

If she is on a mission to change the way things are done (and she has already to a certain extent) then I am all for it. It takes tragedy to knock a powerhouse like the NFL down a few rungs and she has the opportunity to do so and IMO should especially wheh it could improve the quality of saftey for everyone.

I'm not about to sit here and place a dollar ammount on her husband. If she is out for change then I say go for it.

Good point Del but thi sis more about the money than it is about making the equipment better. LAwsuits are not filed to make the equipment better.

Zeus
02-02-2007, 08:44 AM
"THEBIGDADDY" wrote:

I have to agree there. When does it stop? Not sying it was not tragic but let it end for the families sake. Stop dragging this on.

Sorry to interrupt the general hand-wringing in this thread.

But I would like to point out that she IS the family.

=Z=

NodakPaul
02-02-2007, 08:53 AM
"Zeus" wrote:

"THEBIGDADDY" wrote:

=Z=

She is PART of the family.
I know for sure that he had a son, and I don't know whether or not his parents are still alive, but if they are I wonder what their take on all of this is...

In response to Del, I too am glad that the NFL got knocked down a few rungs and is taking better safety precautions for its players.
I just think there is a better way for her to effect change other than lawsuits.

Del Rio
02-02-2007, 08:57 AM
"THEBIGDADDY" wrote:

"Del" wrote:

"NodakPaul" wrote:

I could really give a pooh why she does it if it in someway prevents it from happening to someone else.

Good point Del but thi sis more about the money than it is about making the equipment better. LAwsuits are not filed to make the equipment better.

Lawsuits are filed to correct neglegence all the time.

Hell even if she just sues them for a truck load of cash you do not think that promotes change? The legal system works that way, if she gets a successful lawsuit the NFL will change because if they do not and it happens again they will LOSE again because they lost before. There will be a case to reference and more then enough evidence to show they made no attempt to correct the issue. So they will close the door on that.

And to me that is a great thing, more important then McDonalds changing the design of their coffee lids to take action against law suits. This suit could save lives. Regardless of her monetary intentions.

Del Rio
02-02-2007, 08:58 AM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"THEBIGDADDY" wrote:

=Z=

I know for sure that he had a son, and I don't know whether or not his parents are still alive, but if they are I wonder what their take on all of this is...

In response to Del, I too am glad that the NFL got knocked down a few rungs and is taking better safety precautions for its players.
I just think there is a better way for her to effect change other than lawsuits.

I don't not with the NFL.

Just think maybe she will take all of the money she wins and open a save the baby kittens foundation in honor of the views and opinions of PPO.

NordicNed
02-02-2007, 09:08 AM
I also back her 100% for her diligence and going forward with the suit..

A young man died, when he shouldn't have...Period...

someone needs to be held responsible, mainly the Vikings Team itself and the NFL...

I do think it's a shame the doctor who Stringer was brought to, after the fact, was held liable in any way....He probably tried his hardest to save his life, but at that point it was probably to late.

Fact,

When I was in the service, there was alot of changes going on because of heat stroke casualties during training and PT..

I was actually on Paris Island when they put into effect, a colored coded flag system for weather conditions and training...Mostly based on heat indexes..

If the flag was green, full out training

I think it was white, we could train in our tee shirts and un blossed pants..

Red flag, outside PT was shut down and done indoors...

Trust me, seeing someone go thru a severe heat stroke is nothing fun to watch, and even if you servive, I've seen young men who's brains got fried and just weren't the same afterwards...

The NFL and it's coaches have to take practicing in the heat, very seriously..

NodakPaul
02-02-2007, 09:08 AM
"Del" wrote:

"NodakPaul" wrote:

"Zeus" wrote:

"THEBIGDADDY" wrote:

=Z=

I don't not with the NFL.

Just think maybe she will take all of the money she wins and open a save the baby kittens foundation in honor of the views and opinions of PPO.

LOL.
OK, if that happens I will be the first to say I was wrong about her.
In fact, if that happens I will parade naked down first ave holding a sign calling for her canonization.
Those poor baby kittens...

VikesfaninWis
02-02-2007, 10:15 AM
Its sad that this has to keep going on like this.. I see arguments for both sides.. She lost her very young husband and has to worry about raising their child without him..

On the other hand, it is NFL Football.. Every player takes the chance of getting seriously hurt or even killed every time they put on the pads.. Every persons body is different, it could have happened to any player.. They can argue that if he kept himself in better shape that it wouldn't have happened.. I just see this getting ugly in the next couple of months.. Its a shame..

cajunvike
02-02-2007, 11:02 AM
Show me the money, baby!!!

triedandtruevikesfan
02-02-2007, 12:36 PM
I miss Stringer on the field.
I can see both points to this story so I won't argue it.
I just wish it hadn't happened and I'll leave it at that.