PDA

View Full Version : Vikings/Texans



hovan
10-10-2004, 10:35 AM
Well, even though those Texans will argue they discovered the new world, their Wrong, GO VIKINGS!! :wink:

The Vikings need to step up and crush this team. With the Colts and Titans still on the schedule and five division games left (if you count the bears) :D , this is a must win game.

Have fun all of you at home or at the bar Cheering on the Vikes.

I took the Vikings -4 and the over 49 1/2

SKOL VIKINGS



http://home.att.net/~wayne.a.wong/Others_Art/HorleyAlex_deathdealer.jpg

VikingsTw
10-10-2004, 10:53 AM
Definatly a must win, we cant alow to be pushed around on the road anymore. This is a new team and a new Pepp so lets rock these fools.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/vikingstw/Mewelde.jpg

Go MM we need you to come up BIG!!!!!

diesavike
10-10-2004, 10:57 AM
[quote="vikingstw"]Definatly a must win, we cant alow to be pushed around on the road anymore. This is a new team and a new Pepp so lets rock these fools.


Good idea :cheers:

hovan
10-10-2004, 11:10 AM
"vikingstw" wrote:

Definatly a must win, we cant alow to be pushed around on the road anymore. This is a new team and a new Pepp so lets rock these fools.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/vikingstw/Mewelde.jpg

Go MM we need you to come up BIG!!!!!

Ok Boys, heading down to the Bar, where they have 40 Tv's and lots of good food. Will be back to talk V football later on.

GO VIKINGS

I gotta say Vikes 34 Texans 27

vikingsalltheway
10-10-2004, 11:38 AM
We need to win against teams we know we are better then on the road. Mike Tice said if were a good team we need to win on the road and good teams win on the road. We need to win all or most of our home games also. Any given sunday my friends and lets hope the vikings win!

ultravikingfan
10-10-2004, 01:34 PM
The entire team is looking good. Daunte is handling the blitz with soem good reads, the special teams are getting it done, and we are controlling the clock (sweet). O line needs to straighten-up a little. But, good game!

fan4favre
10-10-2004, 01:43 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

The entire team is looking good. Daunte is handling the blitz with soem good reads, the special teams are getting it done, and we are controlling the clock (sweet). O line needs to straighten-up a little. But, good game!

I would have to agree considering how fast and aggressive the Texans defense appears today.

SKOL
10-10-2004, 03:00 PM
It's sick to watch the game clock start, on nearly every play, 2 to 3 seconds after the ball is snapped.

cajunvike
10-10-2004, 03:45 PM
Hovan and Martin on the sack in OT...I think we just resolved the Hovan vs. Martin debate...put them both in!!!!

hovan
10-10-2004, 04:32 PM
"hovan" wrote:

"vikingstw" wrote:
[quote]Definatly a must win, we cant alow to

I gotta say Vikes 34 Texans 27


Close, too close. Very scary game. Very scary!

cajunvike
10-10-2004, 04:34 PM
"hovan" wrote:

Well, even though those Texans will argue they discovered the new world, their Wrong, GO VIKINGS!! :wink:

The Vikings need to step up and crush this team. With the Colts and Titans still on the schedule and five division games left (if you count the bears) :D , this is a must win game.

Have fun all of you at home or at the bar Cheering on the Vikes.

I took the Vikings -4 and the over 49 1/2

SKOL VIKINGS

Looks like you won BIG, dude! (unless OT wins don't count with your bookie) Congrats!!!



http://home.att.net/~wayne.a.wong/Others_Art/HorleyAlex_deathdealer.jpg

hovan
10-10-2004, 04:40 PM
Who else is Irate that our nickle back was on Andre Johnson most of the game? :angryfire:

diesavike
10-10-2004, 04:45 PM
Yeah, that sucks, but in his defense, that Andre Johnson is a stud.

hovan
10-10-2004, 04:47 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:

"hovan" wrote:
[quote]

I took the Vikings -4 and the over 49 1/2



Looks like you won BIG, dude! (unless OT wins don't count with your bookie) Congrats!!!




Almost. The Vikings kept me alive. I had the Giants + 3, Colts - 9, Over on the Steelers/Browns, so those are all good...but Jets/Bill need to get over 37, SeaHawks -7, that looks good, and the over on that game. As well as the Over on the monday night game..and I took the Titans + 3. a 2 dollar bet pay 1,200 bucks. Would be nice.

hovan
10-10-2004, 04:49 PM
"diesavike" wrote:

Yeah, that sucks, but in his defense, that Andre Johnson is a stud.

He is a stud, but I would've liked to have seen Winfield or Williams on him. A win is a win..but this game was hard to watch.

PacNWVike
10-10-2004, 05:21 PM
"hovan" wrote:

"diesavike" wrote:

Yeah, that sucks, but in his defense, that Andre Johnson is a stud.

He is a stud, but I would've liked to have seen Winfield or Williams on him. A win is a win..but this game was hard to watch.

Talk about a nail biter!!! :shock: When they scored the first TD in the second half and we didn't respond, I knew we had a problem. Even with our D bending, our O should yawn and put seven more points on the board without breaking a sweat. They didn't. My assessment:

- The D line played better, but they still need to turn it up more.
- Hard to comment on the LBs and secondary because we're so beat up. The Texan receivers made some outstanding catches, even with our DB right on them.
- Daunte shined.
- Moore was excellent, and I don't understand why we didn't run more in the second half.
- Big Mac and Dorsey missed some blocks, and the O unit had trouble picking up the blitz.
- I saw Birk came in at the end... Why?

hovan
10-10-2004, 05:36 PM
"PacNWVike" wrote:

"hovan" wrote:

"diesavike" wrote:

Yeah, that sucks, but in his defense, that Andre Johnson is a stud.

He is a stud, but I would've liked to have seen Winfield or Williams on him. A win is a win..but this game was hard to watch.

Talk about a nail biter!!! :shock: When they scored the first TD in the second half and we didn't respond, I knew we had a problem. Even with our D bending, our O should yawn and put seven more points on the board without breaking a sweat. They didn't. My assessment:

- The D line played better, but they still need to turn it up more.
- Hard to comment on the LBs and secondary because we're so beat up. The Texan receivers made some outstanding catches, even with our DB right on them.
- Daunte shined.
- Moore was excellent, and I don't understand why we didn't run more in the second half.
- Big Mac and Dorsey missed some blocks, and the O unit had trouble picking up the blitz.
- I saw Birk came in at the end... Why?

I agree. Didn't see Birk in at the end. And I had no audio for the game at the bar, plus they switched the game twice to the Cardinals..and I had to get up and tell them to switch it back.

Moore was quick, his only flaw was that Kick Return at the end. Rookie mistake almost cost us the game. Saw Big Mac get burned a couple of times. Perhaps he's still reeling about the debate last night. :wink:

SKOL
10-11-2004, 03:05 PM
The kick return at the end was a tough call though. It bounced, BACKWARDS, from the 1/2 yard line. He should have fielded it in the air. The stupid announcers said he should have let it go... RIGHT - it was a kickoff - not a punt !! Idiots. Mewelde had no choice but to pick it up and run with it, but there was good coverage so there was no way to get a decent return. You're right - rookie mistake.