PDA

View Full Version : What was the play of the season

skum
01-15-2007, 03:31 PM
Maybe i missed something.. but this was what i could remember :)

ultravikingfan
01-15-2007, 03:37 PM
Should add the option of "other".

For me, it was Nap timing the blitz perfectly and crushing Delhomme before he could even get the ball off.

Or the Greg Blue hit.

NordicNed
01-15-2007, 03:44 PM
I'll go with the Greg Blue hit, seeing I'm not the only one who remembers it....He did lay some smack-down for sure... ;D

For an offensive play, I'll go with Chester's long TD run in Seattle... ;)

olson_10
01-15-2007, 03:45 PM
fake FG..only deceptive, unpredictable offensive play this team ran all season long

skum
01-15-2007, 03:46 PM
The Other option is added..

For me it was Fred Smoot taking it for 6 and doing the Lambeau Leaf..

skum
01-15-2007, 03:50 PM
"olson_10" wrote:

fake FG..only deceptive, unpredictable offensive play this team ran all season long

You saw the halfback option all the way that is? :)

Ltrey33
01-15-2007, 03:51 PM
I say Smoooooooooooooooooot.

WBLVikeBabe
01-15-2007, 03:58 PM
For me it was the fake field goal.
So entirely unexpected and exciting to see them do something like that.

MetalMike-LoudVike
01-15-2007, 04:20 PM
aww man some great plays on the list I gotta go with the Smoot Pick for 6 beautifuland the bonus shaningan being his lamblow leap but it was rejected.
the best offensive play the fake field goal against the Panthers hands down

MMLV

x-ray jeff
01-15-2007, 04:34 PM
Winfield's play for the entire season. Can't pick just one.

singersp
01-15-2007, 04:47 PM
Worth honorable mentions;

Darren Sharper taking out the referee.

Napo's sack on Brett Favre at the dome.

Prophet
01-15-2007, 05:02 PM
(2:28) T.Jackson pass short right to T.Taylor for 3 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

The last offensive play of the season, giving hope for 2007 and ending a tortuous 2006 season.

PurplePeopleEaters
01-15-2007, 05:52 PM
How is the fake FG not #1. What an amazing play..

Also the Chris Gamble lateral in the same game was just amazing..
;D

farvathevikinglover
01-15-2007, 05:52 PM
I'm gonna have to go with the 95 yard TD run.

One reason is that is was one of the three or four games I actually go to watch instead of just gamecast, and also I went completely nuts when it happened (and I don't go nuts often, I normally like to stay calm an analyze rather than just freak out all the time).

I can't go with Blue's hit because I didn't see it, can't go with Smoot because I don't like him (plus we lost that game anyways, and wasn't that pick the receiver's for running the wrong rout rather than just being a sweet play by smoot? I could be wrong though...). Can't go with the over the top run because even thought its sweet, it cant top a 95 yard run imo.
BJ's rushing td was pretty cool, but not that cool. HB pass and the fake field goal are close contenders, but how often do you get a 95 yard play (I mean seriously, LT throws at least 3 td passes every year, old news by now! ;D).

ultravikingfan
01-15-2007, 06:19 PM
"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:

;D

And the Nap hit too!

I went through that game a week ago to pull highlights for the year end video.

singersp
01-15-2007, 07:07 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:

;D

And the Nap hit too!

I went through that game a week ago to pull highlights for the year end video.

Was the Napo sack in the GB game or a different game?

singersp
01-15-2007, 07:23 PM
Let's not forget the 1st Lions game. We're down 19-7 & Phat Pat hits Kitna who coughs up the ball & Leber takes it in 1 yd for the score.

Then later, out of desperation & while to be tackled by Ray Edwards, Kitna throws a halfass pass that EJ picks off & takes 45 yards for the score.

PurpleGator
01-15-2007, 09:10 PM
That Chester Taylor run was pretty sweet.....

PurpleGator
01-15-2007, 09:11 PM
Longwells pass was pretty cool also but I voted for Chester Taylors Amazing run.

NordicNed
01-15-2007, 09:37 PM
best play of the season wasn't even a Viking play...it was this..

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f15/30calslut/saddammmswing.gif

Mr Anderson
01-15-2007, 09:39 PM
"singersp" wrote:

Let's not forget the 1st Lions game. We're down 19-7 & Phat Pat hits Kitna who coughs up the ball & Leber takes it in 1 yd for the score.

Then later, out of desperation & while to be tackled by Ray Edwards, Kitna throws a halfass pass that EJ picks off & takes 45 yards for the score.

So we should give it to Kitna.

TravarisJackson4Life
01-15-2007, 11:18 PM
The best hit of the season was at the end of the first Lions game. They ran a screen to Kevin Jones, and Ray Edwards ran across the field and laid him out. After the hit Ray was laying on Jones, who started to squirm and looked oldly like a fish. I remember watching the play repeatedly, each time was funnier than the last. ;D

audioghost
01-15-2007, 11:21 PM
I had to go with Smoot because I love to see the Packers get disrespected...haha

Local media was roasting him for trying to Leap in Lambeau but I though that was hilarious...they were making fun of him cuz some fan "denied" him but I think he knew what he was doing....it was a funny as hell celebration...I wish Smoot did that more often! He's the only one on the team with some cockiness and flash..he scores a TD and you know something funny's about to happen
;D

TravarisJackson4Life
01-15-2007, 11:26 PM
"audioghost" wrote:

I had to go with Smoot because I love to see the Packers get disrespected...haha

Local media was roasting him for trying to Leap in Lambeau but I though that was hilarious...they were making fun of him cuz some fan "denied" him but I think he knew what he was doing....it was a funny as hell celebration...I wish Smoot did that more often! He's the only one on the team with some cockiness and flash..he scores a TD and you know something funny's about to happen
;D

Too bad none of our offensive player ever got into the endzone, so we don't know if they would celebrate or not.

singersp
01-16-2007, 05:26 AM
"TravarisJackson4Life" wrote:

Too bad none of our offensive player ever got into the endzone, so we don't know if they would celebrate or not.
[/quote]

::) That would mean your boy Jackson, never scored that rushing TD.
;)