PDA

View Full Version : WR coach

whiteviking24
01-07-2007, 12:48 AM
I always wanted Cris Carter as a widereceiver coach, anyone else agree that he would make a great wideout coach?

Man I wish the Vikes would do something like that, heck maybe he could teach Williamson not to be so dang timid
;D

Just some crazy crap I thought up...thoughts?

idahovikefan7
01-07-2007, 01:46 AM
I think he would make a great WR coach, I just dont know if he could change williamsons hands ???.

audioghost
01-07-2007, 04:36 AM
"whiteviking24" wrote:

I always wanted Cris Carter as a widereceiver coach, anyone else agree that he would make a great wideout coach?

Man I wish the Vikes would do something like that, heck maybe he could teach Williamson not to be so dang timid
;D

Cris Carter would be the best receivers coach that money could buy...the Vikings are stupid for not pursuing him...as he's still the 2nd best WR in history stat-wise (behind Jerry Rice)....

Carter is a legend...the Vikings would be lucky to have him

BUT THATS JUST WHAT I THINK!

ultravikingfan
01-07-2007, 07:45 AM
"audioghost" wrote:

"whiteviking24" wrote:

;D

Cris Carter would be the best receivers coach that money could buy...the Vikings are stupid for not pursuing him...as he's still the 2nd best WR in history stat-wise (behind Jerry Rice)....

I think a lot of people here share your feelings.

Prophet
01-07-2007, 08:14 AM
Yeah, I've been saying that all along too.
As far as Williamson goes, send him packing, my 6 yr old son can catch balls more consistently than him.

Mr. Purple
01-07-2007, 08:52 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"audioghost" wrote:

"whiteviking24" wrote:

;D

I think a lot of people here share your feelings.

Amen, I know you do Ultra!

singersp
01-07-2007, 10:21 AM
Although he would make a great WR coach IMO. I doubt he would give up a TV gig to do it.

PurpleGator
01-07-2007, 10:24 AM
He probably isn't interested in coaching.
I am sure he makes more money now.

bearitall
01-07-2007, 01:24 PM
For the love of the game.....

Carter has so much talent and experience to bring to the team.
Not to mention he is a legend that could definitely boost the morale of this team.

VikesfaninWis
01-07-2007, 01:30 PM
Hell, he made the WR's better that played with him here.. That was just as a teammate..

If he coached them, he would make just about any WR better.. It would be great, but I doubt that it would ever happen..

shockzilla
01-07-2007, 01:34 PM
To bring Carter in here would make TOO MUCH sense for the Vikings... They'd never do it!
;D

audioghost
01-07-2007, 01:37 PM
I mean honestly....look at this article:

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/31603/five_best_wide_receivers_in_nfl_history.html

5 best wrs of all time (according to this guy)

Rice-Allworth-Swann-Carter-Harrison

Viking God
01-07-2007, 01:42 PM
Carter would be great... Nice day dream!
First things first though.
We need a true offensive play caller giving our offense an opportunity to mix up the game and take shots that count (down the field).

ultravikingfan
01-07-2007, 01:44 PM
Although having Cris Carter as a WR coach would make sense; we do not how well he can coach.
Just because he was a phenominal WR does not always equate being able to teach others how to be a good WR.
It takes skill and communication to coach.

I am not saying he would not be a good coach, but we just do not know.

Ultrapurple
01-07-2007, 01:48 PM
Wow, amazing, I was having these same thoughts driving home from work last Friday! The thing I couldn't get past is I do not think CC would give up his television gigs just to come back and coach our WR's. He has a huge ego, that is not a slap at #80, just a fact, that's why he left and went to Miami. So then I was wondering if he still does his Minicamps he did while he was playing? Remember when Randy came into the league, all the workouts,.......well why not expand that. He could charge each team to send their WR corp to learn "How to Play" the position!
I dunno,......I'd like to see him on staff in Minnesota, but I don't think it would happen.

cogitans
01-07-2007, 02:03 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Although having Cris Carter as a WR coach would make sense; we do not how well he can coach.
Just because he was a phenominal WR does not always equate being able to teach others how to be a good WR.
It takes skill and communication to coach.

I am not saying he would not be a good coach, but we just do not know.

Even though Cris Carter is my favourit Vikings player I agree with that statement.

One other thing that I can also say, is that I have not been impressed with what our current WR coach has been able to do.

audioghost
01-07-2007, 02:27 PM
But if anyone could do it you'd think it'd be Cris Carter...

I like the idea of putting someone in charge that knows what it takes to be an All Time great at this level in charge of teaching...

I mean, if Carter did it he must know some secrets to being a great WR...

Carter was a freak with his hands...best hands in NFL history...but he was not the most physically giften WR ever...he was slow but he ran flawless routes and he ran them hard...I'm sure he's got some secrets to share that the Vikings current WRs coach does not know...

If I was Wilf (just my opinion) I would get Carter more involved with the Vikes since he's a legend...much like he did with Bud Grant...make him a consultant or something...have him mentor some of these recievers...maybe not as a WR coach but I'm sure CC has some valuable knowledge that he can spread to these young WRs

vikes2456
01-07-2007, 03:13 PM
So I click on this thread, and it brings me to the last post. I see everyone is talking about Carter being a WR coach. So, I get REALLY excited, only to have my hopes crushed....

bearitall
01-07-2007, 03:16 PM
make him a consultant or something...have him mentor some of these recievers...maybe not as a WR coach but I'm sure CC has some valuable knowledge that he can spread to these young WRs

I started to post before I finished reading this...my thoughts exactly.
Childress has the open checkbook, lets get a consulting contract and start there with CC.
Pep talk to the WR...

Mystophales
01-07-2007, 04:44 PM
Well I guess I will make it unanimous. I think it would be a great idea as well and to be honest I don't know why it hasn't happened already. Even if CC doesn't want to give up that TV money you should at least make a run at him.

ultravikingfan
01-07-2007, 04:47 PM
"audioghost" wrote:

I like the idea of putting someone in charge that knows what it takes to be an All Time great at this level in charge of teaching...

Carter was a freak with his hands...best hands in NFL history...but he was not the most physically giften WR ever...he was slow but he ran flawless routes and he ran them hard...I'm sure he's got some secrets to share that the Vikings current WRs coach does not know...

If I was Wilf (just my opinion) I would get Carter more involved with the Vikes since he's a legend...much like he did with Bud Grant...make him a consultant or something...have him mentor some of these recievers...maybe not as a WR coach but I'm sure CC has some valuable knowledge that he can spread to these young WRs

Being a great WR and being able to teach people to be great WR's are 2 different things.

Like I said, mabye he does not have any coaching skills.

bearitall
01-07-2007, 04:57 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"audioghost" wrote:

Being a great WR and being able to teach people to be great WR's are 2 different things.

He wouldn't have to be a teacher or good coach to just dish out some pointers.
Even to share his story is inspiring.

ultravikingfan
01-07-2007, 05:45 PM
"bearitall" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"audioghost" wrote:

Well, this thread is about him being a coach.
He would need a little more than pointers.
He would be hired to teach and really motivate these guys.

I am sure he could do it.
He is a smart guy.

BadlandsVikings
01-07-2007, 06:01 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"bearitall" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"audioghost" wrote:

Well, this thread is about him being a coach.
He would need a little more than pointers.
He would be hired to teach and really motivate these guys.

I am sure he could do it.
He is a smart guy.

I see him more of a consultant and trainer instead of coach.
You can teach someone to run routes. Catching a ball something that is hard to teach someone.
You either have it or you don't

CCthebest
01-07-2007, 11:17 PM
Just having CC in the Vikes Org would do so much good. He would rub off on the other players, they all know his talent, his ability to catch the uncatchable, he great footwork. Just his winning attitude would do a world of good. Because i think next year Childress will ruin this team even more.

whiteviking24
01-08-2007, 01:19 AM
Carter and Reed made a video on teaching the basics of being a better reciever.... that tells me he would love to teach Or maybe even coach new talent.

I will see if I can find a link
or a pic of this video. ;)

How could all of us inform the Vikes they should atleast give him a phone call??

VikemanX84
01-08-2007, 01:49 AM
It seemed like he was basically a player-coach his last few years here and I think he would be worth a try-out as WR coach.
If nothing else they should ask him to come to training camp or something.

whiteviking24
01-08-2007, 01:50 AM
BigMike Williams of USC went and saw Cris Carter for private training and pointers and workout routines...I'm sure Carter does that with many other players, in fact I think he has his own training place called either fasp or fast , can't rember which.

look it up people he is in love with teaching people to play and play better.

just my $0.02

ultravikingfan
01-08-2007, 04:08 AM
"whiteviking24" wrote:

BigMike Williams of USC went and saw Cris Carter for private training and pointers and workout routines...I'm sure Carter does that with many other players, in fact I think he has his own training place called either fasp or fast , can't rember which.

look it up people he is in love with teaching people to play and play better.

just my $0.02

That is not a good selling point there.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7186

whiteviking24
01-08-2007, 05:29 AM
I see what you mean.... But mike williams also plays in Detroit.

Who can be good in Detroit ?

singersp
01-08-2007, 05:45 AM
"whiteviking24" wrote:

Any team that plays them there.
;)

ultravikingfan
01-08-2007, 04:07 PM
"whiteviking24" wrote:

Not gain an extra 20 pounds what have been good for him.

Kitna threw the hell out the ball.
He could've been good.
He is a turd now.

BloodyHorns82
01-08-2007, 04:22 PM
Carter has his own crotch sniffers huh?
;D

gr8vike
01-08-2007, 04:36 PM
Cris Carter's FAST Program. It says that he is only a consultant to the fast program now!

http://www.fastprogram.com/Program/DV_analysis.asp

FreakinVikingsBaby
01-08-2007, 04:39 PM
I was about to mention that fast camp before. It shows he does like to tutor and mentor recievers. Plus, when he first came into the league he got into drugs and a fast paced life style. He would be great for young recievers on showing them how not to do things as well. He picked himself up after being down in the dumps. Screw HBO-come back baby!!!!!

gr8vike
01-08-2007, 04:45 PM
"FreakinVikingsBaby" wrote:

I was about to mention that fast camp before. It shows he does like to tutor and mentor recievers. Plus, when he first came into the league he got into drugs and a fast paced life style. He would be great for young recievers on showing them how not to do things as well. He picked himself up after being down in the dumps. Screw HBO-come back baby!!!!!

Yeah he did get into some trouble. Here is an article about when he got 3 years probation and 600 hours community service in 1989

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=950DE0D61031F936A15757C0A96F948260

FreakinVikingsBaby
01-08-2007, 04:55 PM
He got kicked off the Eagles because his coach knew he was developing a coke habit though. What you put up is just one more reason he would be a good fit to tutor our recievers.

gr8vike
01-08-2007, 04:59 PM
I was just posting an article about how he got in trouble