PDA

View Full Version : Moss threads



cogitans
01-05-2007, 02:15 PM
How about if we just made a Moss sticker to merge all the Moss threads into.

And then whenever someone would refer to Moss there could be a modedit that said: All dicussion on Moss in Moss sticky
;)

ultravikingfan
01-05-2007, 03:01 PM
A lot of threads have been (and will be) derailed into the Moss discussion.

Members have the right to voice their opinions.
However, turning every thread into a discussion on Moss is not what we want here.

I would love to hear some input from the rest of you.

Zeus
01-05-2007, 03:07 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:


A lot of threads have been (and will be) derailed into the Moss discussion.

Members have the right to voice their opinions.
However, turning every thread into a discussion on Moss is not what we want here.

I would love to hear some input from the rest of you.


I think the Moderators are drunk with power.
Especially that Ohio State guy.

=Z=

ultravikingfan
01-05-2007, 03:14 PM
"AWZeus" wrote:


"ultravikingfan" wrote:


A lot of threads have been (and will be) derailed into the Moss discussion.

Members have the right to voice their opinions.
However, turning every thread into a discussion on Moss is not what we want here.

I would love to hear some input from the rest of you.


I think the Moderators are drunk with power.
Especially that Ohio State guy.

=Z=


Maybe we should move this to the "Mature Hall of Famers" forum.

Zeus
01-05-2007, 03:15 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:


"AWZeus" wrote:


"ultravikingfan" wrote:


A lot of threads have been (and will be) derailed into the Moss discussion.

Members have the right to voice their opinions.
However, turning every thread into a discussion on Moss is not what we want here.

I would love to hear some input from the rest of you.


I think the Moderators are drunk with power.
Especially that Ohio State guy.

=Z=


Maybe we should move this to the "Mature Hall of Famers" forum.


Pull my finger first.

=Z=

cogitans
01-05-2007, 03:28 PM
I think the Mods generally does a good job of trying to keep the arguments on the topic.

The most important thing is that the arguments doesn't get personal when people go off.

Other than that I think mod'edits could be a good help to tell people not to derail threads in accordance to the actions that is allready taken.

I don't know that we can keep people away from having crushes on Moss, even if it do get on some peoples nerves.

That is also why I suggested the Moss sticky, half in fun and half serious. I thought we could use some life in here after I have spend the last couple of days reading through this stuff.

Prophet
01-08-2007, 08:12 AM
Just put it in the editor...if you type Moss it comes out 'I am a Moss crotch sniffer, and I like it' or something like that.

cogitans
01-08-2007, 08:15 AM
"Acumen" wrote:


Just put it in the editor...if you type Moss it comes out 'I am a Moss crotch sniffer, and I like it' or something like that.


Or make the sticky as I suggested, and let the editor create an automatic: 'Mod edit: Moss talk only in Moss sticky'

mr.woo
01-08-2007, 08:17 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:


"AWZeus" wrote:


"ultravikingfan" wrote:


A lot of threads have been (and will be) derailed into the Moss discussion.

Members have the right to voice their opinions.
However, turning every thread into a discussion on Moss is not what we want here.

I would love to hear some input from the rest of you.


I think the Moderators are drunk with power.
Especially that Ohio State guy.

=Z=


Maybe we should move this to the "Mature Hall of Famers" forum.



no....then only you and webby will be able to talk about it!!!!

NodakPaul
01-08-2007, 08:30 AM
I don't like the idea of a Moss sticky.
If we did that, the Moss thread would grow to astronomical size, and nobody, especially new members, will go through 20+ pages to read every post.
They will just end up making their own anyway, and the mods will have to move it.
I think a simple reminder not to hijack threads will suffice.

Besides, sometimes it is appropriate to bring up Moss into a thread that was not necessarily Moss-centric to begin with.
For instance, there was a thread not too long ago about trading draft picks for a veteran player.
Not necessarily a Moss driven thread, but I can understand how his name could be brought up there.

On the other hand, someone mentioned in another thread to use the profanity filter to change "Randy Moss" to "Dimitrius Underwood".
(I can't remember who, probably Zeus or some other smart ass ;) ) Think of all the "Bring Back Dimitrius Underwood" threads we would have floating around then... ;D

ultravikingfan
01-08-2007, 04:11 PM
"NodakPaul" wrote:


I don't like the idea of a Moss sticky.
If we did that, the Moss thread would grow to astronomical size, and nobody, especially new members, will go through 20+ pages to read every post.
They will just end up making their own anyway, and the mods will have to move it.
I think a simple reminder not to hijack threads will suffice.

Besides, sometimes it is appropriate to bring up Moss into a thread that was not necessarily Moss-centric to begin with.
For instance, there was a thread not too long ago about trading draft picks for a veteran player.
Not necessarily a Moss driven thread, but I can understand how his name could be brought up there.

On the other hand, someone mentioned in another thread to use the profanity filter to change "Randy Moss" to "Dimitrius Underwood".
(I can't remember who, probably Zeus or some other smart jiggly butt ;) ) Think of all the "Bring Back Dimitrius Underwood" threads we would have floating around then... ;D


Newflash:
Who the hell reads through 4 pages, let alone 20?
Not many.
People generally read the first post and that is it.
If they are regulars they read the last couple.

Word filtering is not the key.
Jamming a foot an arse is.
;D

cajunvike
01-08-2007, 04:34 PM
I think that the Vikes should get Moss...THEN we could see how long it would take before we start seeing "Get Rid of Moss" threads...LOL

I think it should go like this:

1st time. an unnecessary Moss mention gets mentioned unnecessarily, a mod warns poster to be judicious with Moss references

2nd time, an unnecessary Moss mention happens, the poster gets a two-day timeout

3rd time, an unnecessary Moss mention happens, the poster gets a suspension determined by Webby

4th time, yer outta there!!!

That's ONE MORE strike than what baseball players get...more than fair IMO.

These rules can be modified by distance between Moss mentions (e.g., if the time between the first and second mention is sufficiently spaced from each occurance, then the mod just gives a gentle reminder...that way no one is on pins and needles, but blatant and stubborn violators get canned, but fairly innocent mistakes over time just get tapped on the shoulder).

My 2 cents.

Mr Anderson
01-08-2007, 04:37 PM
As much of a Moss fan I don't like seeing threads derailed.

Personally, I do not think there should be a sticky. I'd rather see an entire section dedicated to Moss threads. I actually do like to read entire threads, but not when they're 20 pages, and there are only two posts repeated over and over again.

Prophet
01-10-2007, 07:03 AM
"Mr" wrote:


As much of a Moss fan I don't like seeing threads derailed.

Personally, I do not think there should be a sticky. I'd rather see an entire section dedicated to Moss threads. I actually do like to read entire threads, but not when they're 20 pages, and there are only two posts repeated over and over again.


That's the problem with the majority of Moss threads, they are the same exact information with the same arguments over and over and over again.
That's why they're annoying.

I'm all for piling any Moss threads into one thread unless there is some new development of some kind.
I would assume two years post trade is long enough to let the old arguments die.

Mr Anderson
01-10-2007, 08:06 AM
"Acumen" wrote:


"Mr" wrote:


As much of a Moss fan I don't like seeing threads derailed.

Personally, I do not think there should be a sticky. I'd rather see an entire section dedicated to Moss threads. I actually do like to read entire threads, but not when they're 20 pages, and there are only two posts repeated over and over again.


That's the problem with the majority of Moss threads, they are the same exact information with the same arguments over and over and over again.
That's why they're annoying.

I'm all for piling any Moss threads into one thread unless there is some new development of some kind.
I would assume two years post trade is long enough to let the old arguments die.


I never thought I'd say this, but I agree.

Prophet
01-10-2007, 08:14 AM
"Mr" wrote:


"Acumen" wrote:


"Mr" wrote:


As much of a Moss fan I don't like seeing threads derailed.

Personally, I do not think there should be a sticky. I'd rather see an entire section dedicated to Moss threads. I actually do like to read entire threads, but not when they're 20 pages, and there are only two posts repeated over and over again.


That's the problem with the majority of Moss threads, they are the same exact information with the same arguments over and over and over again.
That's why they're annoying.

I'm all for piling any Moss threads into one thread unless there is some new development of some kind.
I would assume two years post trade is long enough to let the old arguments die.


I never thought I'd say this, but I agree.


Now we're done.
We can go back to disagreeing for the rest of the offseason so there's some sense of normalcy here.

ultravikingfan
01-10-2007, 02:59 PM
"Mr" wrote:


As much of a Moss fan I don't like seeing threads derailed.

Personally, I do not think there should be a sticky. I'd rather see an entire section dedicated to Moss threads. I actually do like to read entire threads, but not when they're 20 pages, and there are only two posts repeated over and over again.


And you are usually the conductor of the "derail train"!

;D

singersp
01-10-2007, 05:54 PM
I say have the word editor do the work for us.

Have the editor change "Moss" or "Randy Moss" into "Keenan Howry"

Then the posts would be more like "I want Keenan Howry back", "I love Keenan Howry", "We should trade our #3 pick for Keenan Howry" & "Keenan Howry would help us win a super bowl".

Posters would get so frustrated & look like asshats, that they would cease to post on the subject or at least keep it to a minimum.

ultravikingfan
01-10-2007, 06:12 PM
Or else, when somebody types "Moss" they are redirected to a page that says:

http://jigoku.studio-zoe.com/temp/banned.png

VKG4LFE
01-10-2007, 07:57 PM
I have no problem with Moss threads as long as they are not repeats (which about 90% of them seem to be, and I myself am guilty of this I'm sure). I guess I could care less what the big bosses want to do, whatever it is it will probably be the right thing.

Zeus
01-10-2007, 08:44 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:


I have no problem with Moss threads as long as they are not repeats (which about 90% of them seem to be, and I myself am guilty of this I'm sure). I guess I could care less what the big bosses want to do, whatever it is it will probably be the right thing.


Well - here's the thing - what else is there to say?

1.
Never shoulda traded Moss
1a.
Glad we traded Moss
2.
We should trade for Moss
2a.
No way should the Vikings trade for Moss
3.
Moss is the schizzle
3a.
Moss is a punk who quit on his teammates
4.
Man that Jamba Juice is tasty!
4a.
That stuff tastes like Keenan Howry!

=Z=
(That last one was for Singer)

VKG4LFE
01-10-2007, 08:47 PM
LOL, yeah I think you pretty much nailed it! lol

Vikes
03-15-2007, 10:56 PM
That is funny. But hey we should get Randy if not to prevent the Packers from grabbing him.