PDA

View Full Version : The K-Rob Effect

CyVikeFan
01-05-2007, 02:53 AM
An intriguing question for those on this board that agree that we have a major problem on the team in the WR core.

Knowing that he was slated to be our #1 WR this year, do you think the WR fiasco, not to mention the entire season, would have been any different if we would have kept Koren Robinson around to continue to play?
I know this totally goes against Chill's philosophy of discipline to the team, but I'm sure one can't help but wonder if K-Rob's presence would have made some kind of difference on our disappointing season.

Your thoughts...

Mystophales
01-05-2007, 03:19 AM
I think instead of 6-10 we would have been 8-8 if that. You have to remember you still have that offensive mastermind Childress calling all the plays.

BradTheMan14
01-05-2007, 03:22 AM
yeah 8-8 if that with koren..he wasnt a great threat at WR but he was a pro bowl kick returner and that was another poor area for us..dont think he wouldve made that much of a difference.

cogitans
01-05-2007, 03:31 AM
It is really dificult to say what impact he could have had, because he never really played much WR for us. The first year he were here, he mainly played the returnman until a very few games at the end of the season.

But it is a posibility that there could have been a diference. Or it could just have been the same.

idahovikefan7
01-05-2007, 04:08 AM
He might not have made a huge difference for us, but would have made a much greater difference than T-will. If we would have had him we wouldnt have been pressured in keeping T-will in the game at all.

singersp
01-05-2007, 06:13 AM
No, it wouldn't have made any big difference. Even if we kept him, he was still suspended by the NFL for a year & wouldn't have been playing anyway.

He only played a few games for GB before the suspension kicked in, 4 I believe, & during those 4 games we were 2-2.

So at the best case scenario, we wcould have finished 8-8. I don't know if that was good enough to make a wildcard spot , the wildcard Giants finished 8-8, but irregardless, he would still not be playing.

skum
01-05-2007, 07:17 AM
The thing is that K-Rob style of play was perfect for what we needed at WR.. and Johnson was very comfortable.. But you could also say would we have been 6-10 if M-Rob wasnt injured or inactive in many games..

NodakPaul
01-05-2007, 01:30 PM
Whether we kept him or not wouldn't have made one bit of difference because as Singer pointed out, he was suspended by the League.

But, if we really want to play the what if game... What if KRob hadn't relapsed?

There is no guarantee that we would have ended up with a better record with KRob at the number 1 receiver, but I have a feeling that our offense would have been more productive.
KRob could have stretched the field giving Chester more room to run, and taking the pressure to perform off from TWill.
I think both TWill and Chester would have had better years with KRob in the line up.

I am looking forward to the offseason.
If we can get a legitimate number 1 WR, and maybe even a decent number 2, our offense won't be so anemic next season.

vikingsfan717
01-05-2007, 01:39 PM
K-Rob was our best WR we had on the team. He actually was a double threat because he could also return kicks and punts. I was one to belive that he actually cleaned up his act and that he would end his career in Minnesota. I guess he proved us all wrong.

NodakPaul
01-05-2007, 01:46 PM
We all believed it 717.
We all did...

Prophet
01-05-2007, 01:49 PM
"CyVikeFan" wrote:

An intriguing question for those on this board that agree that we have a major problem on the team in the WR core.

Knowing that he was slated to be our #1 WR this year, do you think the WR fiasco, not to mention the entire season, would have been any different if we would have kept Koren Robinson around to continue to play?
I know this totally goes against Chill's philosophy of discipline to the team, but I'm sure one can't help but wonder if K-Rob's presence would have made some kind of difference on our disappointing season.

Your thoughts...

There was nowhere to go but up.
Anyone that doesn't think there was a problem with the receiving corps this year should get automatically banned from the site.

cyviking
01-05-2007, 02:00 PM
We all knew the impact of him leaving was bad but I dont think many realized how much this team was in need of good WRs. All in all w/ K-Rob if he catches just a couple passes T-Will dropped I think we win at least 1 more and maybe as many as 3 more games.

You gotta think he could have helped us win the 2 games the D only gave up 9!

Zeus
01-05-2007, 02:03 PM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

Whether we kept him or not wouldn't have made one bit of difference because as Singer pointed out, he was suspended by the League.

But, if we really want to play the what if game... What if KRob hadn't relapsed?

KRob doesn't relapse, the Vikings click in the pre-season, but lose the season opener to the Redskins, who run for 215 yards (since Clinton Portis didn't get hurt).

Against the Panthers in the home opener, KRob catches 2 TDs and gains 175 yards, but is out-dueled by Steve Smith (who also is not hurt any more) who goes for 4 TDs and 225 yards against Fred Smoot.

The Vikes then go on a tear, destroying the Bears, Bills and Lions in quick succession prior to the bye, with KRob's veteran leadership and skills allowing second-year WR Troy Williamson to explode onto the scene with his vacuum-like hands and down-field speed.

After the Bye, they lose a hard-fought game in Seattle where Shaun Alexander (also not hurt in this line of reality) scores the winning TD after running to the right side over Pork Chop Womack (who doesn't suck now) and getting a key block downfield from Nate Burleson on Vikings safety Tank Williams (healed and hitting hard).

On the Monday night to follow, the Vikings come out red hot, scoring 2 TDs (one on a 105-yard kick-off return by Vikings rookie return sensation Devin Hester (since they drafted him in the 2nd round instead of Ryan Cook)) in the first 5 minutes.
Kenechi Udeze knocks Tom Brady out of the game in the 3rd-quarter with his league-leading 10th sack of the season.

Fears of a let-down at San Francisco in the local press the following Sunday are unfounded as the Chilli-Coast Offense keeps roaring down the field.
With Tony Richardson plowing huge holes behind the right-side steam-roller of Marcus Johnson and Artis Hicks, RB Chester Taylor chews up the Niners for 197 yards of rushing and 3 TDs.
Erasmus James (not hurt) and CJ Mosley (not traded) both have fumble recoveries for the Vikings.

It's Packer week the next Sunday and the Vikings are all business as they prepare for the last visit of Brett Favre to the Metrodome.
Favre had announced the previous week that this would, indeed, be his last season.
He made the announcement so that the Packers could clearly plan for the 2007 season without a lot of "Will he or won't he" talk clouding the issue.
It's an exciting slug-fest of back-and-forth gunslinging between Favre and Brad Johnson which doesn't end until Ryan Longwell kicks a game-winning 45-yard FG for the Vikes.

The joy ride ended the next week as Daunte Culpepper (able to rehab quickly and start producing) and Ricky Williams (his last positive test really was a bad suppliment) combine for 500-yards of offense against the Vikings 29th-ranked defense.
Coach Mike Tomlin was seen screaming at his players on the sidelines.
Fred Smoot was the only bright spot for the Vikings, grabbing his 7th pick of the season and making several more bone-crushing tackles to add to the long-list of Jacked Up! hightlights he has this season.

The Cardinals, where Edgerrin James is leading the NFL in rushing, come to town to face an angry Vikings squad who take it out on the hapless birds and Denny Green as they cruise to their 7th win of the season.
Green, who signed a 5-year-contract extension before the season, seeks out the local media to thank them for all of their support while he was in Minnesota.

An easy victory over the Brian Griese-led Bears and a 3-point squeaker over the Lions (and early Comeback-POTY-candidate Charles Rogers), put them at 9-4, heading into a home game against Brooks Bollinger and the NY Jets.
Curtis Martin has at least one more great day left in his legs and Bollinger is on fire, but it's not enough to deny the Vikings a 10th victory as Brad Johnson completes his 29th and 30th TD passes of the year.

The Thursday night trip to Lambeau Field for the "championship" game of the NFC North turns out to be a classic battle in the snow between two crisp and machine-like teams.
As with the earlier contest, a last-second FG by Ryan Longwell from 44 yards seals the win for the Vikings, as well as a BYE in the first-round of the playoffs.

Knowing the Giants lost on Saturday night, clinching the top spot in the NFC for the Vikings, Brad Childress (early favorite for NFL Coach-of-the-Year) sits Brad Johnson and starts Mike McMahon at QB.
McMahon teams with break-through rookie Hank Baskett on two long TD tosses and Jermaine Wiggins grabs his 90th reception of the season as the Vikings close out the Rams for a 12-4 regular season.

----

I'm pretty sure that's about how it would have gone.

=Z=

jessejames09
01-05-2007, 02:42 PM
"AWZeus" wrote:

"NodakPaul" wrote:

KRob doesn't relapse, the Vikings click in the pre-season, but lose the season opener to the Redskins, who run for 215 yards (since Clinton Portis didn't get hurt).

Against the Panthers in the home opener, KRob catches 2 TDs and gains 175 yards, but is out-dueled by Steve Smith (who also is not hurt any more) who goes for 4 TDs and 225 yards against Fred Smoot.......

----

=Z=

After every paragraph it felt like someone stabbed another knife in me there. That hurt me dude.

PurplePeopleEaters
01-05-2007, 02:54 PM
"AWZeus" wrote:

"NodakPaul" wrote:

Against the Panthers in the home opener, KRob catches 2 TDs and gains 175 yards, but is out-dueled by Steve Smith (who also is not hurt any more) who goes for 4 TDs and 225 yards against Fred Smoot.

The Vikes then go on a tear, destroying the Bears, Bills and Lions in quick succession prior to the bye, with KRob's veteran leadership and skills allowing second-year WR Troy Williamson to explode onto the scene with his vacuum-like hands and down-field speed.

After the Bye, they lose a hard-fought game in Seattle where Shaun Alexander (also not hurt in this line of reality) scores the winning TD after running to the right side over Pork Chop Womack (who doesn't suck now) and getting a key block downfield from Nate Burleson on Vikings safety Tank Williams (healed and hitting hard).

On the Monday night to follow, the Vikings come out red hot, scoring 2 TDs (one on a 105-yard kick-off return by Vikings rookie return sensation Devin Hester (since they drafted him in the 2nd round instead of Ryan Cook)) in the first 5 minutes.
Kenechi Udeze knocks Tom Brady out of the game in the 3rd-quarter with his league-leading 10th sack of the season.

Fears of a let-down at San Francisco in the local press the following Sunday are unfounded as the Chilli-Coast Offense keeps roaring down the field.
With Tony Richardson plowing huge holes behind the right-side steam-roller of Marcus Johnson and Artis Hicks, RB Chester Taylor chews up the Niners for 197 yards of rushing and 3 TDs.
Erasmus James (not hurt) and CJ Mosley (not traded) both have fumble recoveries for the Vikings.

It's Packer week the next Sunday and the Vikings are all business as they prepare for the last visit of Brett Favre to the Metrodome.
Favre had announced the previous week that this would, indeed, be his last season.
He made the announcement so that the Packers could clearly plan for the 2007 season without a lot of "Will he or won't he" talk clouding the issue.
It's an exciting slug-fest of back-and-forth gunslinging between Favre and Brad Johnson which doesn't end until Ryan Longwell kicks a game-winning 45-yard FG for the Vikes.

The joy ride ended the next week as Daunte Culpepper (able to rehab quickly and start producing) and Ricky Williams (his last positive test really was a bad suppliment) combine for 500-yards of offense against the Vikings 29th-ranked defense.
Coach Mike Tomlin was seen screaming at his players on the sidelines.
Fred Smoot was the only bright spot for the Vikings, grabbing his 7th pick of the season and making several more bone-crushing tackles to add to the long-list of Jacked Up! hightlights he has this season.

The Cardinals, where Edgerrin James is leading the NFL in rushing, come to town to face an angry Vikings squad who take it out on the hapless birds and Denny Green as they cruise to their 7th win of the season.
Green, who signed a 5-year-contract extension before the season, seeks out the local media to thank them for all of their support while he was in Minnesota.

An easy victory over the Brian Griese-led Bears and a 3-point squeaker over the Lions (and early Comeback-POTY-candidate Charles Rogers), put them at 9-4, heading into a home game against Brooks Bollinger and the NY Jets.
Curtis Martin has at least one more great day left in his legs and Bollinger is on fire, but it's not enough to deny the Vikings a 10th victory as Brad Johnson completes his 29th and 30th TD passes of the year.

The Thursday night trip to Lambeau Field for the "championship" game of the NFC North turns out to be a classic battle in the snow between two crisp and machine-like teams.
As with the earlier contest, a last-second FG by Ryan Longwell from 44 yards seals the win for the Vikings, as well as a BYE in the first-round of the playoffs.

Knowing the Giants lost on Saturday night, clinching the top spot in the NFC for the Vikings, Brad Childress (early favorite for NFL Coach-of-the-Year) sits Brad Johnson and starts Mike McMahon at QB.
McMahon teams with break-through rookie Hank Baskett on two long TD tosses and Jermaine Wiggins grabs his 90th reception of the season as the Vikings close out the Rams for a 12-4 regular season.

----

=Z=

It looks like you copied and pasted something from the "2006 season predictions" thread.
:(

Zeus
01-05-2007, 03:01 PM
"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:

It looks like you copied and pasted something from the "2006 season predictions" thread.

Every word of it is straight from my own madness.

=Z=

davike
01-05-2007, 03:07 PM
"AWZeus" wrote:

=Z=

i would say madness desribes that post very well
;D

Mystophales
01-05-2007, 03:42 PM
"AWZeus" wrote:

=Z=

I tell you what though I like your version a LOT better than what actually happened. I say we all live in your reality... ;D

NodakPaul
01-05-2007, 03:46 PM
"AWZeus" wrote:

Damn that was some funny pooh!
It was all hysterical, but the part about Smoot and his bone-crushing tackles actually made me laugh so hard I snorted.
;D

Zeus
01-05-2007, 03:49 PM
"NodakPaul" wrote:

"AWZeus" wrote:

gol 'darnit that was some funny pooh!
It was all hysterical, but the part about Smoot and his bone-crushing tackles actually made me laugh so hard I snorted.
;D

Glad I could be here for you!
:^)

=Z=

petrodemos
01-05-2007, 04:01 PM
"AWZeus" wrote:

"NodakPaul" wrote:

----

=Z=

wow, that was awesome. i didnt realize krob was so aweosme. ;D

great post, i think it might deserve its own "what if" thread