PDA

View Full Version : Marcus Robinson ticketed for three violations



singersp
12-29-2006, 08:49 AM
Posted on Fri, Dec. 29, 2006

Robinson ticketed for three violations (http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/sports/football/16340397.htm)

It's been a tough December for Marcus Robinson.

Not only was the Vikings wide receiver benched and then released, but Burnsville police said he had a brief run-in with the law, which ended with his car impounded.

A police officer stopped Robinson at 1:20 p.m. on Dec. 12 while he was driving on the 900 block of West Burnsville Parkway.

The officer ticketed him for a window-tint violation, not having a Minnesota driver's license and lacking proof of insurance, according to Burnsville police. Then his car was towed.

"Minnesota law requires that your windows can't be tinted more than a certain percentage, and we have tint meters that can measure that," Sgt. Dan Carlson said. "Apparently, the tint appeared too dark to the officer, so he stopped it, measured it and ticketed based on that."

Robinson, 31, who was benched before a Dec. 17 game against the New York Jets, was released by the Vikings on Christmas Eve, two days after publicly venting frustrations about his relationship with coach Brad Childress. He had one game left in the season.

He must pay the fine or go to court on Jan. 10 for the violation.

— Frederick Melo

Zeus
12-29-2006, 08:50 AM
"singersp" wrote:


Posted on Fri, Dec. 29, 2006

Robinson ticketed for three violations (http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/sports/football/16340397.htm)

It's been a tough December for Marcus Robinson.

Not only was the Vikings wide receiver benched and then released, but Burnsville police said he had a brief run-in with the law, which ended with his car impounded.

A police officer stopped Robinson at 1:20 p.m. on Dec. 12 while he was driving on the 900 block of West Burnsville Parkway.

The officer ticketed him for a window-tint violation, not having a Minnesota driver's license and lacking proof of insurance, according to Burnsville police. Then his car was towed.

"Minnesota law requires that your windows can't be tinted more than a certain percentage, and we have tint meters that can measure that," Sgt. Dan Carlson said. "Apparently, the tint appeared too dark to the officer, so he stopped it, measured it and ticketed based on that."

Robinson, 31, who was benched before a Dec. 17 game against the New York Jets, was released by the Vikings on Christmas Eve, two days after publicly venting frustrations about his relationship with coach Brad Childress. He had one game left in the season.

He must pay the fine or go to court on Jan. 10 for the violation.

— Frederick Melo


If there'd been a naked Sconnie in the back seat, I bet Childress wouldn't have cut him.

=Z=

cogitans
12-29-2006, 08:51 AM
These seems like minor violations. But it just hasn't been Marcus' month

Freya
12-29-2006, 09:17 AM
Oy, poor Robinson. Bad month truly.

My brother gets ticketed for the window tint from time to time as well. He says it's worth it for the way it looks.

BloodyHorns82
12-29-2006, 09:22 AM
I think it is ridiculous that his car got towed!
I know plenty of people that have been ticked for the window tint and worse, and not got their cars towed.

Benet
12-29-2006, 09:25 AM
I can't believe you lot get pulled over for tinted windows.. How petty do you have to be to in the police?

Zeus
12-29-2006, 09:28 AM
"BloodyHorns82" wrote:


I think it is ridiculous that his car got towed!
I know plenty of people that have been ticked for the window tint and worse, and not got their cars towed.


His car was towed because he couldn't drive it any more since he didn't have a valid driver's license or proof-of-insurance, not because of the tinting.

=Z=

AngloVike
12-29-2006, 09:47 AM
well being ticketed for a window being tinted too much is a new one on me .. still good way to generate income for the county I guess
;D

Zeus
12-29-2006, 09:48 AM
"Benet" wrote:


I can't believe you lot get pulled over for tinted windows.. How petty do you have to be to in the police?


It is typical for cops to pull over for a minor violation and then write you up for more if there is more to be found.

The tinted windows led to much larger citations for no driver's license or proof-of-insurance.
That's not petty - that's good local policing, IMHO.
The law is the law.

=Z=

ultravikingfan
12-29-2006, 10:00 AM
"Benet" wrote:


I can't believe you lot get pulled over for tinted windows.. How petty do you have to be to in the police?


In Ohio you can.

When I moved from Tennessee I had limo tint on my car.
My wife was pulled over and cited 3 times for it.
All 3 times the tint was the reason she was pulled over.

singersp
12-29-2006, 10:15 AM
"AngloVike" wrote:


well being ticketed for a window being tinted too much is a new one on me .. still good way to generate income for the county I guess
;D


There are laws here in MN that state the amount of tinting a window can have. My daughter has been pulled over for it on 3 occassions.

It was was always after bar hours & I'm pretty gol 'darnit sure the only reason she was pulled over for it was to give the officer a reason to pull her over & check for DWI.

AngloVike
12-29-2006, 10:18 AM
"AWZeus" wrote:


"Benet" wrote:


I can't believe you lot get pulled over for tinted windows.. How petty do you have to be to in the police?


It is typical for cops to pull over for a minor violation and then write you up for more if there is more to be found.

The tinted windows led to much larger citations for no driver's license or proof-of-insurance.
That's not petty - that's good local policing, IMHO.
The law is the law.

=Z=


I can well understand the logic for that and obviously once you are pulled over then more can follow, so good policing as you say .. I'm just surprised that there is a byelaw covering windscreen tints

VikesfaninWis
12-29-2006, 10:18 AM
I have dark tinted windows on my car and nothing happens... I have only been pulled over once for a warning, but the officer never said anything about my tint.. I believe legal tint shade is 30%.. I have mine much darker then that..

Oh well.. I guess Marcus isn't having the greatest of luck these days.. I don't feel sorry for him for the simple fact that I know he will catch on with another team very soon..

Zeus
12-29-2006, 10:19 AM
"singersp" wrote:


"AngloVike" wrote:


well being ticketed for a window being tinted too much is a new one on me .. still good way to generate income for the county I guess
;D


There are laws here in MN that state the amount of tinting a window can have. My daighter has been pulled over for it on 3 occassions.

It was was always after bar hours & I'm pretty gol 'darnit sure the only reason she was pulled over for it was to give the officer a reason to pull her over & check for DWI.


Yup.
I'm sure there's an economic analysis out there by some egghead which has tracked the small-time tickets like tinting and tail-lights out vs. the extra tickets which get written for other violations found during that stop.
Standard Operation Procedure here in the USA.

=Z=

Zeus
12-29-2006, 10:20 AM
"AngloVike" wrote:


"AWZeus" wrote:


"Benet" wrote:


I can't believe you lot get pulled over for tinted windows.. How petty do you have to be to in the police?


It is typical for cops to pull over for a minor violation and then write you up for more if there is more to be found.

The tinted windows led to much larger citations for no driver's license or proof-of-insurance.
That's not petty - that's good local policing, IMHO.
The law is the law.

=Z=


I can well understand the logic for that and obviously once you are pulled over then more can follow, so good policing as you say .. I'm just surprised that there is a byelaw covering windscreen tints


In some states, like Florida & Texas, more amounts of tinting it allowed because of the amount of sun they get.


It's a public safety issue.
With too much tinting, you can't see the driver and thus, in situations where seeing the other driver is necessary, it can become a hazard.

=Z=

singersp
12-29-2006, 10:24 AM
"AWZeus" wrote:



It's a public safety issue.
With too much tinting, you can't see the driver and thus, in situations where seeing the other driver is necessary, it can become a hazard.

=Z=


I like to see the face of the other driver & him see me, when I'm flipping him off.

With tinted windows being popular, I had to get a car with a sunroof, just so I could be sure he saw me.

;)

Zeus
12-29-2006, 10:38 AM
"singersp" wrote:


"AWZeus" wrote:



It's a public safety issue.
With too much tinting, you can't see the driver and thus, in situations where seeing the other driver is necessary, it can become a hazard.

=Z=


I like to see the face of the other driver & him see me, when I'm flipping him off.

With tinted windows being popular, I had to get a car with a sunroof, just so I could be sure he saw me.

;)


I want one of those scrolling LED signs with a keyboard so I can type messages to my fellow drivers concering my opinion of their skills behind the wheel.

=Z=