PDA

View Full Version : It is spelled TARVARIS.



Zeus
12-19-2006, 07:32 AM
Hey yo-shizzle TJack crotch-sniffers.

You best give your man props by learning how to spell his name.

It is: T-A-R-V-A-R-I-S

I'm out.

=Z=

VikesFan4Life
12-19-2006, 07:37 AM
I've seen a myriad of different mispellings of his name.

Some people just don't care about using proper grammar or being an accurate speller these days.

Ltrey33
12-19-2006, 07:52 AM
Haha....we had a big argument about this the other week.

It is most definately Tarvaris.

whackthepack
12-19-2006, 08:23 AM
"AWZeus" wrote:


Hey yo-shizzle TJack crotch-sniffers.

You best give your man props by learning how to spell his name.

It is: T-A-R-V-A-R-I-S

I'm out.

=Z=



Zeus when did you move to the hood?

VikesfaninWis
12-19-2006, 08:28 AM
"whackthepack" wrote:


"AWZeus" wrote:


Hey yo-shizzle TJack crotch-sniffers.

You best give your man props by learning how to spell his name.

It is: T-A-R-V-A-R-I-S

I'm out.

=Z=



Zues when did you move to the hood?




He has always been there, he is just now figuring it out.. ;D

mr.woo
12-19-2006, 08:30 AM
you call a retirement home "the hood"?

Zeus
12-19-2006, 08:31 AM
"whackthepack" wrote:


"AWZeus" wrote:


Hey yo-shizzle TJack crotch-sniffers.

You best give your man props by learning how to spell his name.

It is: T-A-R-V-A-R-I-S

I'm out.

=Z=


Zeus when did you move to the hood?



I am fluent in many regional dialects.

Jizzle my wizzle!

=Z=

Zeus
12-19-2006, 08:32 AM
"mr.woo" wrote:


you call a retirement home "the hood"?


Hey now.
You gotta watch out for the Wing B Betties.
Those blue-hairs all have scooters with spikes on 'em!

=Z=

ultravikingfan
12-19-2006, 08:54 AM
Who really cares?
Spell it however you want.

BloodyHorns82
12-19-2006, 09:14 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:


Who really cares?
Spell it however you want.


Yes, but preferably the correct way.

Zeus
12-19-2006, 09:27 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:


Who really cares?
Spell it however you want.


I'm sure he cares that the fans who supposedly "believe" in him don't care enough to learn his real name.

=Z=

cc21
12-19-2006, 10:52 AM
And its pronounced Ta-var-is. The r is silent ;D

ultravikingfan
12-19-2006, 10:58 AM
This is not a spelling bee forum.
People spell crap wrong all the time and it is frowned upon to be the person to point it out.

2beersTommy
12-19-2006, 10:58 AM
"whackthepack" wrote:


"AWZeus" wrote:


Hey yo-shizzle TJack crotch-sniffers.

You best give your man props by learning how to spell his name.

It is: T-A-R-V-A-R-I-S

I'm out.

=Z=



Zeus when did you move to the hood?



Last week, he couldnt spell hood...now he lives there!
;D

2beersTommy
12-19-2006, 11:00 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:


This is not a spelling bee forum.
People spell crap wrong all the time and it is frowned upon to be the person to point it out.


LOL could it be any worse that when my g/f was talking to another vikes fan..and he asked who my favorite viking was...she told him "2beerstommy"..that was too F'in funny. For some reason, he said he never heard of him before.

RK.
12-19-2006, 12:17 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:


This is not a spelling bee forum.
People spell crap wrong all the time and it is frowned upon to be the person to point it out.

Well it is frowned upon by the crappy spellers.
:)
Those of us that are in favor of literacy smile when it is pointed out.
;D

Del Rio
12-19-2006, 12:26 PM
Well if that is the case then Chris Carter's momma should have spelled his name Chris instead of Cris so I would stop getting it wrong.

Then again no one ever started an entire thread about it. The best is when people who bitch about grammar get called out on their own mistakes, of course it doesn't effect them with their heads being so far in the clouds.........

BloodyHorns82
12-19-2006, 12:37 PM
"Del" wrote:


Well if that is the case then Chris Carter's momma should have spelled his name Chris instead of Cris so I would stop getting it wrong.

Then again no one ever started an entire thread about it. The best is when people who beeyatch about grammar get called out on their own mistakes, of course it doesn't effect them with their heads being so far in the clouds.........


Yeah, well I got good grammer and spellin so Im' not worried.

vIker44
12-19-2006, 07:06 PM
It's spelled TARV TIME, bubba!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!TARV TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vikes2456
12-19-2006, 07:08 PM
That is only a mere conspiracy. I'm sticking with calling him Mr Papadopolous

BadlandsVikings
12-19-2006, 07:15 PM
"AWZeus" wrote:


Hey yo-shizzle TJack crotch-sniffers.

You best give your man props by learning how to spell his name.

It is: T-A-R-V-A-R-I-S

I'm out.

=Z=


As long as he get's his paychecks, he woudn't care how you spelled it.

ultravikingfan
12-19-2006, 07:26 PM
"AWZeus" wrote:


"ultravikingfan" wrote:


Who really cares?
Spell it however you want.


I'm sure he cares that the fans who supposedly "believe" in him don't care enough to learn his real name.

=Z=


Weak.


Are you going define "true fans" next?


Like I said, spelling nazi's are frowned upon here.

BadlandsVikings
12-19-2006, 07:32 PM
Taveris will start Thursday
Tayvaris might run
Travarus might throw
Tavares could help us win

RK.
12-19-2006, 10:18 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:


"AWZeus" wrote:


"ultravikingfan" wrote:


Who really cares?
Spell it however you want.


I'm sure he cares that the fans who supposedly "believe" in him don't care enough to learn his real name.

=Z=


Weak.


Are you going define "true fans" next?


Like I said, spelling nazi's are frowned upon here.


Uhh ohhh
looks like Godwins law is coming into effect.
;D


Godwin's Law /prov./ [Usenet] "As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one." There is a tradition in many groups that, once this occurs, that thread is over, and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically lost whatever argument was in progress. Godwin's Law thus practically guarantees the existence of an upper bound on thread length in those groups.

Potus2028
12-19-2006, 10:22 PM
i'm fine with Tjack..

but savior, SB bringer, lucky 7, answer to my prayers, that fast qb that isnt daunte on the vikes..

all of those names work for me to, more than tarvaris

vikingTurf
12-19-2006, 10:24 PM
I wonder why he has it spelled as TAVARIS in facebook account, he must prefer tavaris to tarvaris

ColoradoVike
12-19-2006, 11:08 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:


"AWZeus" wrote:


"ultravikingfan" wrote:


Who really cares?
Spell it however you want.


I'm sure he cares that the fans who supposedly "believe" in him don't care enough to learn his real name.

=Z=


Weak.


Are you going define "true fans" next?


Like I said, spelling nazi's are frowned upon here.


Frown all you want, I say. At least some people take the time to encourage English language literacy on this site. I really don't understand why the statistics Gestapo and football factinistas have free run of the boards, yet the English aficionados are silenced. That is, quite literally, dumb.

I find it ironic that those who take the time for this are discouraged from doing so by the stewards of the website.
Yet, those who argue 2+2=3 or commit logical fallacies are openly ridiculed on the boards without censorship or the threat of it (until it gets personally offensive, of course).

Inasmuch as this site openly encourages numeracy, making quality arguments, and football fluency, it is pretty laissez faire in the realm of literacy. Why is that? Why not go for the whole package?

Writing and effective communication are hard, and yet are extremely important in the world today. Why can't some PPO members encourage others to improve their knowledge in this regard? Why is it ok to make corrections about game rules, statistics, netiquette, and rhetoric, but not about spelling?

Besides, this thread was started to focus on an incorrect practice and not on a specific person or group of people. It's not personal, so why do some make it so? ???

so-cal vike
12-19-2006, 11:11 PM
Can this thread or the responses be serious?


What a bunch of funny guys you all are.
::)

"RK." wrote:


"ultravikingfan" wrote:


"AWZeus" wrote:


"ultravikingfan" wrote:


Who really cares?
Spell it however you want.


I'm sure he cares that the fans who supposedly "believe" in him don't care enough to learn his real name.

=Z=


Weak.


Are you going define "true fans" next?


Like I said, spelling nazi's are frowned upon here.


Uhh ohhh
looks like Godwins law is coming into effect.
;D


Godwin's Law /prov./ [Usenet] "As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one." There is a tradition in many groups that, once this occurs, that thread is over, and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically lost whatever argument was in progress. Godwin's Law thus practically guarantees the existence of an upper bound on thread length in those groups.




What does that prove?
Godwin was a Nazi...spelling nazi that is.
;D

PurplePackerEater
12-19-2006, 11:34 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:


Who really cares?
Spell it however you want.


No doubt. Favre gets to.

I love the part in "Something About Mary" when Ben Stiller calls him Fav-ra.

ColoradoVike
12-19-2006, 11:39 PM
"so-cal" wrote:


Can this thread or the responses be serious?



Let me guess....you can't believe your eyes?

so-cal vike
12-19-2006, 11:40 PM
"PurplePackerEater" wrote:


"ultravikingfan" wrote:


Who really cares?
Spell it however you want.


No doubt. Favre gets to.

I love the part in "Something About Mary" when Ben Stiller calls him Fav-ra.


Any literate person calls him Fav-re.

so-cal vike
12-19-2006, 11:43 PM
"ColoradoVike" wrote:


"so-cal" wrote:


Can this thread or the responses be serious?



Let me guess....you can't believe your eyes?


Well, they are only half open. ;)

baumy300
12-20-2006, 02:14 AM
Ughh....Hate to burst the thread starters bubble, but on facebook he has it spelled "T-a-v-a-r-i-s"

So I guess we could all argue about it all day long, or we could just take the mans word for it himself.

LuckyVike
12-20-2006, 03:40 AM
"baumy300" wrote:


Ughh....Hate to burst the thread starters bubble, but on facebook he has it spelled "T-a-v-a-r-i-s"

So I guess we could all argue about it all day long, or we could just take the mans word for it himself.




He said that his friend set the page up one day for him and the guy mispelled his name, so yea, it's Tarvaris.
Atleast, that's how he says his own name is spelled.

ultravikingfan
12-20-2006, 04:08 AM
"LuckyVike" wrote:


"baumy300" wrote:


Ughh....Hate to burst the thread starters bubble, but on facebook he has it spelled "T-a-v-a-r-i-s"

So I guess we could all argue about it all day long, or we could just take the mans word for it himself.




He said that his friend set the page up one day for him and the guy mispelled his name, so yea, it's Tarvaris.
Atleast, that's how he says his own name is spelled.


OWNED!!!

We had that lengthy discussion a few weeks back.

You are going to rely of Facebook?
LOL.

singersp
12-20-2006, 05:39 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:


"LuckyVike" wrote:


"baumy300" wrote:


Ughh....Hate to burst the thread starters bubble, but on facebook he has it spelled "T-a-v-a-r-i-s"

So I guess we could all argue about it all day long, or we could just take the mans word for it himself.




He said that his friend set the page up one day for him and the guy mispelled his name, so yea, it's Tarvaris.
Atleast, that's how he says his own name is spelled.


OWNED!!!

We had that lengthy discussion a few weeks back.

You are going to rely of Facebook?
LOL.


It saddens me when people rely on the likes of Facebook, Madden football & Myspace as a source for their information.

cajunvike
12-20-2006, 07:41 AM
"so-cal" wrote:


"PurplePackerEater" wrote:


"ultravikingfan" wrote:


Who really cares?
Spell it however you want.


No doubt. Favre gets to.

I love the part in "Something About Mary" when Ben Stiller calls him Fav-ra.


Any literate person calls him Fav-re.


Any person who relies on Ben Stiller for information is not very literate....Stiller is a putz.

singersp
12-20-2006, 08:14 AM
??? I can't believe this thread is 4 pages long without being locked.

As Ultra stated, "spelling nazi's are frowned upon here".

It's one of Webby's don't do's.

It's bad enough when it happens in a thread, but to start a thread about it is worse, IMO.

We all know who the person is talking about. Can't we just leave it at that?

whackthepack
12-20-2006, 08:18 AM
"vikingTurf" wrote:


I wonder why he has it spelled as TAVARIS in facebook account, he must prefer tavaris to tarvaris



We had a whole thread about this 3 weeks ago and it is wrong in facebook, and it was not proven that the person doing facebook was actually Tarvaris!

2beersTommy
12-20-2006, 08:38 AM
"singersp" wrote:


"ultravikingfan" wrote:


"LuckyVike" wrote:


"baumy300" wrote:


Ughh....Hate to burst the thread starters bubble, but on facebook he has it spelled "T-a-v-a-r-i-s"

So I guess we could all argue about it all day long, or we could just take the mans word for it himself.




He said that his friend set the page up one day for him and the guy mispelled his name, so yea, it's Tarvaris.
Atleast, that's how he says his own name is spelled.


OWNED!!!

We had that lengthy discussion a few weeks back.

You are going to rely of Facebook?
LOL.


It saddens me when people rely on the likes of Facebook, Madden football & Myspace as a source for their information.


me too, I prefer to get my info from the ball boy or the janitor!
:o