PDA

View Full Version : bull@#$%

pepper 0n moss
10-04-2004, 09:15 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-vikingsfines&prov=ap&type=lgns

either the league hates us, or we can no longer stand up for our own guy after he gets a cheap shot laid on him.

gao gay

DoubleDown11
10-04-2004, 09:18 PM
and Todd Johnson, the guy who laid the cheap shot does not get fined?

This is a makeup call by the NFL for letting Onterrio play for this long on his "appeal"

KansasStateViking
10-04-2004, 09:46 PM
I'm sick of the NFL fining people for every little thing!

packmanxxxi
10-04-2004, 09:53 PM
Somehow I think all of you care more than any of those players did. $5000 donation to charity? Thats proportionate to you getting a $10 parking ticket.

pepper 0n moss
10-04-2004, 09:54 PM
that's probably the way the players see it, too. but it's the principle.

snowinapril
10-04-2004, 10:11 PM
"DoubleDown11" wrote:

and Todd Johnson, the guy who laid the cheap shot does not get fined?

This is a makeup call by the NFL for letting Onterrio play for this long on his "appeal"

If the NFL considers $5,000 paid in full, it was worth every penny.

I could have sworn he would get fined for that hit.

snowinapril
10-04-2004, 10:39 PM
From ESPN site.

In addition to a $5,000 fine levied against Randy Moss for his role in a scuffle with Chicago players on Sept. 26, the NFL fined eight other Vikings a total of $23,500.

Wide receiver Nate Burleson, who absorbed the hit from Bears safety Todd Johnson that sparked the incident, was fined $7,500 for removing a Chicago player's helmet.

Six other Vikings -- center Cory Withrow, tight end Sean Berton, quarterback Daunte Culpepper, wide receiver Keenan Howry, guard Chris Liwienski and tackle Bryant McKinnie -- were fined $2,500 each for "entering the area" of the altercation. Running back Onterrio Smith was fined $1,000.

Six Bears players also were fined $2,500 each. They were cornerbacks R.W. McQuarters and Todd McMillion, linebacker Lance Briggs, defensive tackles Tommie Harris and Ian Scott, and safety Cameron Worrell.

McQuarters was fined an additional $5,000 for unsportsmanlike conduct on a separate play. Johnson was not among the Bears players fined.

You can read the rest at:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1894914

talks about injuries and suspensions a little bit of everything.

LosAngelis
10-04-2004, 11:06 PM
Figure it this way:

Stand up for what you believe, it costs you.

Back down, you don't pay any fine.

What costs more...money or pride?

dan3ski
10-04-2004, 11:47 PM
Well what the heck that must mean I can got out and punch some one and walk away scott free!

poult
10-05-2004, 12:03 AM
"dan3ski" wrote:

Well what the heck that must mean I can got out and punch some one and walk away scott free!

if ya believe that because of something that happened in a football game, then you need a better grip on reality.

it's a game, and things that happen on the field have nothing to do with what you should be able to do off the field. if that were the case, hockey alone would give you the right to jsut throw down with someone any time ya want.

cajunvike
10-05-2004, 12:29 AM
"dan3ski" wrote:

You pretty much can...on a football field, that is...or do like Pedro Martinez and take down a 74-year old man.

Seriously, there was a court case where some football player tried to sue for some cheap shot on the field...I don't remember the details, but the court ruled that the player assumed the risk when he stepped on the field that something like that could happen...that case is used in law school to illustrate the legal concept of "assumption of the risk"...I think that it was a Bengal player or he sued the Bengals...but I don't remember...too much beer in school or something like that.

casper
10-05-2004, 09:34 AM
Dammmmmm I miss all the fun Shoot it looks like quite a few folks got into it man It must have been great... maybe that is why they call this a team sport ....I think the folks who DID NOT get involved should be fined....hey someone has to cheer for the Blood and guts stuff....

purplepat
10-05-2004, 10:59 AM
Well, now I'm at least a little relieved to know that some of the Bears were fined as well. Interesting that the guy who made the hit didn't get fined.