PDA

View Full Version : Vikes vs Jets official game thread

audioghost
12-17-2006, 12:07 PM
Napo!!!1 What a beast....wish Henderson could taken that one back for a TD!

audioghost
12-17-2006, 12:08 PM
Wow....looks like McMullen and Ryan Cook got their first starts of the year...

McMullen our #2 WR? Haha ok

TRAVIS TAYLOR TD!!!!! Oooooh ....good game so far...

tosstomoss
12-17-2006, 12:18 PM
what a nice start!!!!

audioghost
12-17-2006, 12:37 PM
Haha....botched snap...no FG...game stays AS IS...tie game!!!

SKOL!!!!

DPep11
12-17-2006, 12:43 PM
Is Pennington hurt or something cause NFL.com gamecast says B. Graham is passing

VikesfaninWis
12-17-2006, 12:47 PM
Horseshit.. We finally take advantage of a team giving us the ball, and the our secondary gets ripped apart for a TD.. We get the ball back, and we go 3 and out.. If the Jets continue to start on their own 40 yard line every drive, they will tear us apart..

Good to see that BJ goes back to his old ways on the second possesion of the game.. We need 4 yards for a 1st down, and he throws it 3.. >:( No drive at all.. What ever happened to momentum? We had that with that turnover, and quick score, then they give it right back to them.. How about homefield advantage? The Jets moved the ball easily on us and scored.. This is horseshit, and exactly why it is so hard to have faith in this team..

VikesfaninWis
12-17-2006, 12:48 PM
"PhatmanPat94" wrote:

Is Pennington hurt or something cause NFL.com gamecast says B. Graham is passing

No, he is the holder on FG attempts, and they botched the snap..

DPep11
12-17-2006, 12:52 PM
"VikesfaninWis" wrote:

"PhatmanPat94" wrote:

No, he is the holder on FG attempts, and they botched the snap..

ah okay, because they've had him throwing passes ever since that botched attempt on the gamecast. Must be some sort of glitch.

audioghost
12-17-2006, 12:56 PM
WOW! Johnson is holding the ball too long and he's not making the throws he needs to.

HE IS HOLDING US BACK!!!!
>:(

WOW...3rd and 17...Johnson completes it to Wiggins for 2 yards!!!

DPep11
12-17-2006, 12:59 PM
Did anyone really expect Brad to do anything special today?

VikesfaninWis
12-17-2006, 01:01 PM
That a putz.. We need 16 yards on 3rd down, and he throws it 5 yards.. Now the Jets get great field position again, and they will most certainly score again before the half.. That has been the story all season long.. How I long for the future where we have a QB that can run, and throw down field.. I hope that idiot knows that if we lose this game, it is pretty much the start of the offseason for the Vikes..

audioghost
12-17-2006, 01:04 PM
Childress is too stubborn for his own good....

Honestly, there is no way that this team has its best chance of winning with Johnson at the helm....NO WAY!

He isnt making ANYTHING happen today....like every other day we've played a decent team...

Get somebody in there who can play....cause I guarentee if we lose this one that once tjack comes in next wekk and does good ppl will be pissed because we could have utilized that talent when we needed it!

DPep11
12-17-2006, 01:04 PM
Our pass defense is piss poor, I just don't understand
???

DPep11
12-17-2006, 01:11 PM
Alright, so lets address the offseason now.

VikesfaninWis
12-17-2006, 01:12 PM
"audioghost" wrote:

Childress is too stubborn for his own good....

Honestly, there is no way that this team has its best chance of winning with Johnson at the helm....NO WAY!

He isnt making ANYTHING happen today....like every other day we've played a decent team...

Get somebody in there who can play....cause I guarentee if we lose this one that once tjack comes in next wekk and does good ppl will be pissed because we could have utilized that talent when we needed it!

Man Audio, I totally agree with you man.. I can't stand to watch this team throw every game down the drain because of a pathetic QB.. It is bad enough that our secondary can't keep teams out of the endzone, now we have a QB that can't keep up with the opponet's scoring.. This game is pretty much over, thus our season is pretty much over.. Not playing like a team whose season is on the line..

audioghost
12-17-2006, 01:14 PM
URG GET HIM OUT OF THERE!!!!!

??? >:(

BJ throws deep to Bethel....almost a pick....this guy is worthless and ineffective at this point in his career...

HE F*$&(ING SUCKS and our playoff hopes are slipping....through...our....fingers

VikesfaninWis
12-17-2006, 01:20 PM
These morons are totally pathetic.. If I were at the Metrodome, I would be booing the fu@k out of the Vikings.. Pennington has 214 yards passing in the 1st half alone, and he isn't even done yet.. BJ has 8 attempts, and 43 yards.. 30 of those yards were on 1 play.. What a useless piece of horseshit..

Is everyone so calm about this team now? Everyone has said on many of occasions that we "bashers' are over reacting.. Are we? No we are not.. BJ sucks, and he can't manage a football team any longer.. Our secondary sucks, and does nothing to help out our line.. They know that if they continue the way they are going, this is the day that they officially get knocked out of the playoffs.. Useless..

CaptainKirk
12-17-2006, 01:22 PM
I think I'll change to QVC.
Can anyone say that the Vikings totally suck!

duvaldomo
12-17-2006, 01:23 PM
"CaptainKirk" wrote:

I think I'll change to QVC.
Can anyone say that the Vikings totally suck!

ill say they do suck

audioghost
12-17-2006, 01:28 PM
Wow.....This is our best drive of the day? 44 yards?!

Urg Williamson...so close....BJs fault...put the ball outta bounds !?

D_Sharp_24
12-17-2006, 01:29 PM
Dang you guys need to chill the f*** out, I dont know if anyone of you have ever played any type of sport but there is still another whole half of football to play... a lot of things can happen. Dang i hear some pathetic fans our there....geeze, I still say we are a hell of a lot better than last year

Gift
12-17-2006, 01:31 PM
"D_Sharp_24" wrote:

Dang you guys need to chill the f*** out, I dont know if anyone of you have ever played any type of sport but there is still another whole half of football to play... a lot of things can happen. Dang i hear some pathetic fans our there....geeze, I still say we are a hell of a lot better than last year
Another half?
they had an entire week to get ready for this very important game.
I doubt a 15minute break will change a damn thing.
The vikings should be ashamed of the team they are today.

D_Sharp_24
12-17-2006, 01:36 PM
I guess i am wrong then, i mean going against a different team in a real game isnt any different then just going against your guys in practice, there are a lot of different factors that can be affected... halftime can cure a lot of stuff they see on the feild...no doubt they are playing bad but just wait and see how it plays out first before you cut there heads off

Purple Kool Aid
12-17-2006, 01:36 PM
Will we see Tavarius to start the 3rd Qtr?

audioghost
12-17-2006, 01:37 PM
"VikesfaninWis" wrote:

These morons are totally pathetic.. If I were at the Metrodome, I would be booing the fu@k out of the Vikings.. Pennington has 214 yards passing in the 1st half alone, and he isn't even done yet.. BJ has 8 attempts, and 43 yards.. 30 of those yards were on 1 play.. What a useless piece of poopy..

Is everyone so calm about this team now? Everyone has said on many of occasions that we "bashers' are over reacting.. Are we? No we are not.. BJ sucks, and he can't manage a football team any longer.. Our secondary sucks, and does nothing to help out our line.. They know that if they continue the way they are going, this is the day that they officially get knocked out of the playoffs.. Useless..

I hate how all these ppl on this board keep telling us that! YOU GUYS JUST WANNA BASH THE VIKES AND PUT THEM DOWN....bull*%*! All of you Johnson lovers need to get off this guy's d%(* and realize that he sucks and that our team is on the edge of elimination from playoff contention. Is it our RB or OL's fault? NO...we've been able to run the ball all year because of these guys....Is it our D's fault? Hardly...we may give up some pass yards but the other teams score 17-24 points in the worst losses we have! With a decent QB we have a chance in ALL of those games!! Is it too much to ask for 3 TDs in a game by our O? I think not!

Well congrats to all you BJ loving pudwhackers! Ur guy has single-handedly ruined our season and made me and the rest of the Vikings faithful have to waste another year of our lives WAITING for the Vikings to be decent. I know its not your fault but I'm tired of you bashing ME for wanting a change!

I BASH because I want a CHANGE because I want this team to be GOOD and a PLAYOFF CONTENDER! I don't just bash to be negative because I love to hate my favorite team....

I WANT TO SEE THIS TEAM EXCEL!

vikes09
"Gift" wrote:

"D_Sharp_24" wrote:

Another half?
I doubt a 15minute break will change a gol 'darnit thing.

its not the fact of their being a 15 min. break, but the fact alot of football is played (and the most important football) in the last 2 quarters of the game.

vegasvike
"D_Sharp_24" wrote:

LOL all you can do now is laugh. But really you act like the jets are goin into the locker room, getting doped up and letting us back in the game. There sure is another half of football left.

mblack76
12-17-2006, 01:38 PM
Just an FYI,
Childress is 0-3 against AFC teams.

Gift
12-17-2006, 01:39 PM
"D_Sharp_24" wrote:

I guess i am wrong then, i mean going against a different team in a real game isnt any different then just going against your guys in practice, there are a lot of different factors that can be affected... halftime can cure a lot of stuff they see on the feild...no doubt they are playing bad but just wait and see how it plays out first before you cut there heads off
We will see.

jargomcfargo
12-17-2006, 01:39 PM
The Vikings have managed to stink in many ways this season!
They appear to be eminating freely from every one of their stink glands in the first half of this game!
If there ever was a time for a change this is it.
If there is no significant change in personel at the start of the second half I worry about the future!

audioghost
12-17-2006, 01:40 PM
"D_Sharp_24" wrote:

Dont even start with me d-bag...you couldnt hold my jock strap when it comes to playing sports....and I'm glad you're so calm....

Who in their right night actually believes that Brad Johnson can score 3 TDs or lead this team to 3 scores and win this game?

Anyone? IS ANYONE AS CLUELESS AND NAIVE AS THIS GUY?

MattShort4
I was a supporter of Johnson for most of the season but today im gonna have to say get him outta there. When the boo birds are in Minnesota something is VERY wrong with that.
I think they need to get SOMEONE in there other than him, for the simple reason that right now the life is sucked outta of the crowd, and the team.
May it be Brooks Bollinger or Jackson (which im hoping) it will get the crowd back into and get the team some hope.
Enough is enough and it's time for a change.
Brad Johnson walked on the field on our last drive and got boo'd...so hey, get him out, its only hurting us now.
and what the heck longwell missed that fieldgoal, that was unreal

mblack76
At least Troy is playing well

Gift
12-17-2006, 01:42 PM
"vikes09" wrote:

"Gift" wrote:

"D_Sharp_24" wrote:

Another half?
I doubt a 15minute break will change a gol 'darnit thing.

its not the fact of their being a 15 min. break, but the fact alot of football is played (and the most important football) in the last 2 quarters of the game.
I know what it is, and you fooling yourself if you think the vikings will adjust anything during the break.
We will get the same team we got in the first half, just like we have all year long.
BC & Co probably haven't even noticed we have a problem.
They figure it out mid way through the 4th quarter I'm sure.

D_Sharp_24
12-17-2006, 01:42 PM
I agree put t-jack in

VikesfaninWis
12-17-2006, 01:43 PM
"D_Sharp_24" wrote:

Yeah, as a matter of fact, I have played several sports all my life.. Have you played any? It sounds like you haven't.. If you can't tell by now, the Vikings have absolutely no desire to win a game.. They had the momentum when the Jets gave them the ball to start the game.. They score quick, and it has gone down hill since then..

Chad Pennington just like every other QB that has played us has had his way with our secondary.. We are at home, where our fans are booing the holy hell out of the Vikings.. For good reason to, they suck... Pennington is on pace to hit over 500 yards passing today.. He has like 250 in the first half alone.. BJ I don't believe has hit 250 in a game all season long.. If he has, it wasn't much more then that..

Typical Viking football to.. BJ plays like crap pretty much all game long.. We get the ball back and are driving when BJ flat out stalls the drive again.. Now Lonwell has hit 50+ yard FG's in the cold wind of Lambeau field, but can't hit one from 49 yards in doors with no wind.. Then the Jets do what they have been doing all day long, move the ball and hits another FG.. This game is over, our season is over, and they have nobody but themselves to blame for it.. Horribly pathetic.. Now if you think something will turn around in the 2nd half, keep on dreaming.. It will most likely be more of the same..

audioghost
12-17-2006, 01:44 PM
Season.....quickly.....drifting......away

I waited all offseason in eager anticipation for this?

We are wasting the fact that we have good players under contract (P & K Williams, Winfield, etc) on an old geyser...

Johnson should be in a home! He is making our team look worthless and the season is almost over
:(

ultravikingfan
12-17-2006, 01:45 PM
People need to chill out with the personal attacks.
I know our team looks worse than donkey dung; but the attacks will not be tolerated here.

audioghost
12-17-2006, 01:46 PM
Vikings - 91 total yards....wow
???

And some of you think we dont have a problem

Gimme a break....were on pace for 182 TOTAL YARDS?! horrible....just horrible

nephilimstorm
12-17-2006, 01:47 PM
You tell them ultra! geesh

BadlandsVikings
12-17-2006, 01:47 PM
Our defense is awful and we act like we don't give a crap.
We have too many penalities and the refs are still blind.

dr.defi
12-17-2006, 01:48 PM
The Jets are teach a course called West Coast Offense 101, we can't even get into the class.

MinnyFan
please childress put T-Jack in!

Gift
oh good, brads back....

PurplePackerEater
The crowd just boo'd as the team came out with BJ.

audioghost
12-17-2006, 01:49 PM
Even the announcers know

"A chorus of boos...and those are directed directly at #14"

TJacks chin strap is buckled....

bearitall
12-17-2006, 01:49 PM
When was the last time the Vikes came back from being down at halftime...especially by 16!!!
i sure hope thye got an *** chewing and come back with some spunk to get the job done!!

dr.defi
12-17-2006, 01:50 PM
T-Jak's got his helmet on. Cross your fingers.

audioghost
12-17-2006, 01:50 PM
"dr.defi" wrote:

The Jets are teach a course called West Coast Offense 101, we can't even get into the class.

I hear that Brad didn't have a good enough ACT score
;D

PurplePackerEater
12-17-2006, 01:51 PM
Oh crap, I hate to read what's coming next!

dr.defi
12-17-2006, 01:52 PM
Did you see that last sweet pass by Johnson.

ultravikingfan
12-17-2006, 01:52 PM
Look you Brad haters...Brad is doing ok.
It is not his fault.
He has a ring.
Do you?
No, I did not think so.
Brad is going to be fine.
He needs more time to throw the ball.
His WR's cannot hold onto the ball.

Aw screw it...lets see TJack for crying out loud!
;D

dr.defi
12-17-2006, 01:57 PM
I remember that Super Bowl game. Brad Johnson is not the person that won that game.

audioghost
12-17-2006, 01:57 PM
"WVV" wrote:

OUR DEFENSE IS THE SOLE REASON THAT WE HAVE 7 WINS! They're the reason we're here....! Brad Johnson has been sucking all season....its more of a cumlination thing than a "O, we suck this game". There has been so many games that we have lost despite our Defense playing outstanding.

Its hard to be mad at them for having a bad game...because 90% of the team they're a lock down D.

ultravikingfan
12-17-2006, 01:59 PM
Rephrase that...our Pass D is aweful.

VikesfaninWis
12-17-2006, 01:59 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

I know our team looks worse than donkey dung; but the attacks will not be tolerated here.

Attacks on what Ultra?

Other members? I haven't personally attacked any members..

The Vikings? They deserve it.. It is our right as fans to get on the team we support when they play like crap.. That is because most of us go to games, buy their apparel, shop in their city, lodge in their city, and dine in their city.. We support that city as fans.. I live in Wisconsin, and can honestly say that I lodge in Minnesota, and spend more money on trips to Minnesota then I do to Green Bay for example.. Therefore, I think I have the right to criticize the team that I support, that lets me down..

dr.defi
12-17-2006, 02:00 PM
That's what stings the most, we have the talent. Our team doesn't suck, but they are sucking.

ultravikingfan
12-17-2006, 02:01 PM
"VikesfaninWis" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Attacks on what Ultra?

The Vikings? They deserve it.. It is our right as fans to get on the team we support when they play like crap.. That is because most of us go to games, buy their apparel, shop in their city, lodge in their city, and dine in their city.. We support that city as fans.. I live in Wisconsin, and can honestly say that I lodge in Minnesota, and spend more money on trips to Minnesota then I do to Green Bay for example.. Therefore, I think I have the right to criticize the team that I support, that lets me down..

Who said I was addressing you?

I was not talking about criticizing the Vikes, I was referring to attacking other members.

MinnyFan
12-17-2006, 02:02 PM
i really hope tjack is gonna come in on this next drive.

V-Unit
12-17-2006, 02:04 PM
If our offense to put more than two drives together per half we would be in this game. The defense has been on the field the entire game. I don't blame the D at all for this.

audioghost
12-17-2006, 02:05 PM
Lets start the cheer:

BENCH BRAD JOHN-SON!

Clap! Clap!

Clap! Clap! Clap!

BENCH BRAD JOHN-SON!

Clap! Clap!

Clap! Clap! Clap!

BENCH BRAD JOHN-SON!

Clap! Clap!

Clap! Clap! Clap!

BENCH BRAD JOHN-SON!

Clap! Clap!

Clap! Clap! Clap!

dr.defi
12-17-2006, 02:05 PM
How the hell I'm I going to talk trash to Packer friends tomorrow?? Somebody think of something for me, please.

vikes09
12-17-2006, 02:07 PM
"audioghost" wrote:

"WVV" wrote:

OUR DEFENSE IS THE SOLE REASON THAT WE HAVE 7 WINS! They're the reason we're here....! Brad Johnson has been sucking all season....its more of a cumlination thing than a "O, we suck this game". There has been so many games that we have lost despite our Defense playing outstanding.

Its hard to be mad at them for having a bad game...because 90% of the team they're a lock down D.

a couple years ago it was our offense that led us to a .500 team, with no sign of improvements. it's reversed this year, with a strong defense but an offense can easily function with a superstar. on defense 1 bad player can kill a team, but on offense having 1 superstar can make up for a few bad players.

this year we have a BUNCH of young up-and-coming guys, guys that need to find their roles, and our/their future (tjack). problem is most if not all those guys are on defense, and our offense is really showing its lack of depth, and in some cases *cough WR cough* we lack a starter or 2.

BadlandsVikings
12-17-2006, 02:09 PM
"bearitall" wrote:

When was the last time the Vikes came back from being down at halftime...especially by 16!!!
i sure hope thye got an *** chewing and come back with some spunk to get the job done!!

I don't think any butt chewing will help, they act like they just don't care today.

skum
Fact is that the Jets havent punted once, and have scored on all their drives except the first one.. and thats just not good enough, but i wouldnt be too fired up either if my offense did NOTHING for me..

nflvikings4455
Theres not a lot of positive things going on, but nice goal line stop

vegasvike
12-17-2006, 02:10 PM
Man I have this empty sick feeling in my stomach. I have to get laid tonight after I get off of work. Maybe this game will still have an effect on me later, that way I can get some a`la cuba gooding jr in boyz in the hood style. yeeeeeah ;D

dr.defi
12-17-2006, 02:13 PM
"Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enters Here" The Vikes will kick some ass next year, I hope.

VikesfaninWis
12-17-2006, 02:17 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Attacks on what Ultra?

Who said I was addressing you?

I was not talking about criticizing the Vikes, I was referring to attacking other members.

Not saying you were addressing me personally.. I was just putting in my 2 cents when it is only worth 1 cent.. :D I was just asking what you meant, because you didn't explain what you were saying.. So I didn't know if you were talking abouth other members, or the Vikings.. Now I know, thank you..

baumy300
12-17-2006, 02:18 PM
"audioghost" wrote:

Lets start the cheer:

BENCH BRAD JOHN-SON!

Clap! Clap!

Clap! Clap! Clap!

BENCH BRAD JOHN-SON!

Clap! Clap!

Clap! Clap! Clap!

BENCH BRAD JOHN-SON!

Clap! Clap!

Clap! Clap! Clap!

BENCH BRAD JOHN-SON!

Clap! Clap!

Clap! Clap! Clap!

Nothing really to contribute.

Just quoting for the truth.

Gift
12-17-2006, 02:18 PM
People arent booing loud enough, the home crowd is way too kind to the viking O.

nflvikings4455
12-17-2006, 02:19 PM
"baumy300" wrote:

"audioghost" wrote:
[quote]
Lets start the cheer:

BENCH BRAD JOHN-SON!

Clap! Clap!

Clap! Clap! Clap!

BENCH BRAD JOHN-SON!

Clap! Clap!

Clap! Clap! Clap!

BENCH BRAD JOHN-SON!

Clap! Clap!

Clap! Clap! Clap!

BENCH BRAD JOHN-SON!

Clap! Clap!

Clap! Clap! Clap!

Looks like they will, Tjack is warming up

audioghost
12-17-2006, 02:19 PM
T-Jack is throwing on the sidelines..

TOO LITTLE TOO LATE CHILDRESS! THANKS FOR WASTING MY TIME!!! AND OUR SEASON!!!

VikesFanInNC
12-17-2006, 02:20 PM
Very curious why CBS keeps showing Jackson on the sideline standing with his helmet on :0 Now they are saying he is warming up and Johnsons elbow pads are off!

dr.defi
12-17-2006, 02:20 PM
Its still fun to see hits like D Smith just had.

nflvikings4455
12-17-2006, 02:22 PM
"dr.defi" wrote:

Its still fun to see hits like D Smith just had.

Yeah, he also had a huge one last week

dr.defi
12-17-2006, 02:23 PM
Brad looks like he's about to cry...for good reason

RussC
12-17-2006, 02:24 PM
T-Jack enter,,
BJ EXIT..

MinnyFan
12-17-2006, 02:24 PM
imagine that...a first down on his first play..

mblack76
12-17-2006, 02:25 PM
The Vikings look to the future. Enter the T Jack era. I hope he plays well

nflvikings4455
12-17-2006, 02:25 PM
"dr.defi" wrote:

Brad looks like he's about to cry...for good reason

lol thats what i was thinking, i kinda felt bad, for a second

dr.defi
12-17-2006, 02:26 PM
Why don't we all read the first 5 post on this thread over and over. It might help lift our spirits a little, just a little. What's up with the penalties.

nflvikings4455
12-17-2006, 02:28 PM
TROY YOUR KILLING ME

perfect throw

MinnyFan
12-17-2006, 02:30 PM
yea troy dropped it, but that was an excellent defensive play too

dr.defi
12-17-2006, 02:32 PM
D@mn it. The Packers are still up. I have money riding that we would have a better record than the Packers at the end of the season. Thought it was a no-brainer.

RussC
12-17-2006, 02:32 PM
im just happy troy was in position to catch that ball, he had his hands on it. but was a very good defensive play.

baumy300
12-17-2006, 02:33 PM
Anyone notice how quick and strong T-Jacks passes look?

I mean there is no nonsense. If you are open, the ball is just there.

So much better than watching those lame ducks Johnson throws.

Also, the roll out and pass that was thrown away was a nice change of pace. Even for an incompletion instead of a sack.

Also, notice how we tried to go deep with Williamson? Awesome to see. We almost had it too. With some more practice between Jackson and Troy we will perfect it.

VikesfaninWis
12-17-2006, 02:35 PM
Lets see.. We are down 26-7 in the 4th.. TJ is doing some good things here.. We are looking at 3rd and 4.. Williamson drops a pass.. We are looking at 4th and 4.. So instead of going for it to see if TJ's legs can get us a 1st down, we punt the ball back to a team that has decimated us day long..

Good decision Childress.. ???
Now I have tickets to this thursdays game against the Packers.. I was thinking of not going, because I am that sick of this team.. However, if Jackson gets the nod against GB then I will go just to see what he can do for 4 quarters.. Hell, what do we have to lose? Our season is done after this game anyways..

MinnyFan
12-17-2006, 02:38 PM
wow... ej henderson is a stud

baumy300
12-17-2006, 02:39 PM
"VikesfaninWis" wrote:

Lets see.. We are down 26-7 in the 4th.. TJ is doing some good things here.. We are looking at 3rd and 4.. Williamson drops a pass.. We are looking at 4th and 4.. So instead of going for it to see if TJ's legs can get us a 1st down, we punt the ball back to a team that has decimated us day long..

Good decision Childress.. ???
Now I have tickets to this thursdays game against the Packers.. I was thinking of not going, because I am that sick of this team.. However, if Jackson gets the nod against GB then I will go just to see what he can do for 4 quarters.. Hell, what do we have to lose? Our season is done after this game anyways..

Exactly! It's not like our season is on the line or anything.

And as much as I love the man, today Tomlin is just sad. He hasn't changed anything since half time. Very pathetic. We need to blitz more. The few times we did we got sacks or caused a fumble. Not really blaming this on Tomlin, but I had higher expectations for him.

VikesfaninWis
12-17-2006, 02:40 PM
Anyone watching the Lion/GB game? Pretty good game.. 10-6 GB, and the Lions have the ball.. Much better then the blowout that is happening with the Viking/Jet game..

dr.defi
12-17-2006, 02:40 PM
Maybe E.J. will earn that huge pay raise.

nephilimstorm
12-17-2006, 02:48 PM
T-Jack first TD pass 26-13

nflvikings4455
Amazing run after the catch!!! Also i love how Owens kept his block at the end.

audioghost
Brad Childress=IDIOT!

Look what Jackson does on his first 2 drives....it took him 2 drives to get the yards that BJ got ALL GAME....

OK you Johnson lovers...what you have just witnessed is called MAKING PLAYS...I know its been a while since you have seen this, but this is what I have been yapping about all season in relation to Johnson.

JACKSON MAKES PLAYS....Johnson tries not to lose us the game

THAT IS THE DIFFERENCE!!! SKOL

dr.defi
12-17-2006, 02:51 PM
T-Jack (wiping away tears) is it really you.

nflvikings4455
12-17-2006, 02:53 PM
NAPOLEAN IS A BEAST!!!

baumy300
12-17-2006, 02:55 PM
I'm actually excited for the first time in months to watch a Viking game.

God this feels good.

DPep11
12-17-2006, 02:55 PM
Wow T-Jack has some
great numbers so far.

dr.defi
12-17-2006, 02:57 PM
I don't want to stay on the negative path here, but would Johnson have made any of the plays, or racked up another sack?

MinnyFan
12-17-2006, 02:57 PM
i know what you mean, and im goin to the game on thursday with my friend who is a packer fan so we better start tjack.

DPep11
12-17-2006, 02:58 PM
Uhm yeah... Jackson is tearing this up.

nflvikings4455
12-17-2006, 02:58 PM
WOW....Tjack is going wild, first the legs, then the laser to travis
!

PurplePride80
12-17-2006, 02:59 PM
I wasn't able to watch the game today, but if the stats are any indication, Tavaris Jackson is lighting it up out there. :)

dr.defi
12-17-2006, 02:59 PM
What's going on here

baumy300
12-17-2006, 03:01 PM
Timmy, T-Jack is playing like a vet. So much fun to watch. I wish you could see it.

DPep11
12-17-2006, 03:01 PM
11/17 146 yards and a TD.... screw Brad Johnson.

nflvikings4455
12-17-2006, 03:03 PM
and theres the first mistake...nice play by the defender though

MinnyFan
12-17-2006, 03:03 PM
well he's good, but hes still a rookie

DPep11
12-17-2006, 03:04 PM
:( interception, that sucks

LuckyVike
12-17-2006, 03:04 PM
Jackson just threw a pick but I'll let that slide.
He's out there trying to make a huge comeback in his second drive of the day.

dr.defi
12-17-2006, 03:05 PM
At least he's trying. I can deal with that

dr.defi
12-17-2006, 03:08 PM
I must be a masochist, I still love this team.

nflvikings4455
12-17-2006, 03:08 PM
What happened to moore returning our punts ???

VikesfaninWis
12-17-2006, 03:09 PM
He is playing against the clock right now, so I don't fault him for that pick.. Reality is, in 1 quarter, he has more passing yards then BJ had all game long.. I really think we would have won this game if he started.. See ya BJ.. Don't let the door hit ya, where the good lord split ya..

vikes09
12-17-2006, 03:11 PM
if it wasnt for that dang pick i would say TJack had an amazing game.

heres to our future!

MinnyFan
12-17-2006, 03:13 PM
wow, i think this is the first time ive ever watched the vikings lose and im still pumped about the game

nflvikings4455
12-17-2006, 03:14 PM
Williamson drops another hail mary bomb, tjack coulda had 3 tds.

Williamson did have a great game though

VikesfaninWis
12-17-2006, 03:17 PM
He made that game interesting even after he threw the pick.. BJ certainly would have had another pick or two if he stayed in that game.. TJ is our future, time to see our future in action from now on.. He is a double threat.. He proved that with that 9 yard run to pick up the first down.. BJ would never have done that.. Rocket arm, running QB, that equals more wins..

dr.defi
12-17-2006, 03:22 PM
Brad Johnson gave us the vanilla office, T-Jack might give us a habanero offense.

Gift
12-17-2006, 03:26 PM
"dr.defi" wrote:

Brad Johnson gave us the vanilla office, T-Jack might give us a habanero offense.
Brad Johnson gave us poo, not ice cream.

dr.defi
12-17-2006, 03:28 PM
I hope Childress isn't throwing in some of the vanilla beans in there himself, I still have hope for our coach, but time will tell.

nareg
12-17-2006, 03:31 PM
t jack looked amazing he was playing amazing and u was smart with his throws the int wasnt his fault it was ggood throw but a better coverage and the thing is he brougtht troy will alive, hey i know he dropped that passs but come on the coverage was up his ass he coudldnt do nething

Gift
12-17-2006, 03:33 PM
T-will is great at almost making a play when we really need it.

Why isnt the WR coach teaching this guy how to catch?

I'll start, STOP USING YOUR BODY TO CATCH THE BALL!!!

Mikchek
12-17-2006, 03:35 PM
I like what I seen in Tjax....the TNT connection baby.... now all we need is the following...

Atlanta Lose rest of Games
New York to lose rest of games
Green Bay lose rest of games

dr.defi
12-17-2006, 03:46 PM
Stranger things have happened

VKG4LFE
12-17-2006, 03:52 PM
I am so effing pissed off I can't stand it!

jordy
12-17-2006, 03:58 PM
t-jack is the man! he can throw, run, make people miss...damn...even though we lost i like watching the game for once...and daaamn im happy we resigned e.j henderson..that guy is just a beast! i think hes playing at pro bowl level right now, so is pat williams...i dindt think t-will had that bad of a game, he was well defended most of the time and most of them were hard catches to make, i think he'll come along...

VikesfaninWis
12-17-2006, 04:00 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

I am so effing pissed off I can't stand it!

I feel your pain bro, I feel your pain..

VKG4LFE
12-17-2006, 04:01 PM
Yeah, I'm really pumped to go to school tomorrow and hear a bunch of sh!t from the kids about how the packers are tied with the vikes for second.

IndoViking
12-17-2006, 04:07 PM
at least T-Will has better game than the game before ( except for the usual dropped passes) And we should start T-Jack next week, see what he can do against the pack's pass D, cause our playoff hopes is pretty much over

x-ray jeff
12-17-2006, 04:09 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

Yeah, I'm really pumped to go to school tomorrow and hear a bunch of
***I should not evade the word censor*** from the kids about how the packers are tied with the vikes for second.
You had nothing to do with it and neither did they. ;)

extmenace
12-17-2006, 04:42 PM
Well....Good games guys. Like i said the NFC just cant compete with AFC teams. If the vikings were in the AFC they would have about 3 wins... You guys play bad teams week in and week out so when u play a team that is actually good this is the result. The Jets are a decent to above average team. We dominated the number 4 D in the NFL and killed your running passing and blocking games. And the AFC east owns the vikings lol. You guys need a lot of work but hey tarvaris jackson looks like he could be a stud in the future. Well boys and girls good luck the rest of the season.

and oh yea, hey you guys are still in the playoff hunt so good luck with that.

Big C
12-17-2006, 06:31 PM
Jackson gave the offense a sparck and that's all I care about. It was painful to watch the offense in the 1st 3 quarters, but it was bearable once Jackson took over. I love Brad Johnson, but the offense is just not performing without him.

TWill had a great game. The two dropped passes were caused mainly due to really good coverage.

WBLVikeBabe
12-17-2006, 06:36 PM
I have to say it was pretty funny at the game when everyone started chanting "We want Jackson"
and he got a standing O when he came in.
He definitley gave us a spark towards the end of the game.
I wonder what would have happened had he started.
Oh well, we lost and no going back, let's just pray to God Jackson starts next week.

BadlandsVikings
12-17-2006, 06:39 PM
"WBLVikeBabe" wrote:

I have to say it was pretty funny at the game when everyone started chanting "We want Jackson"
Oh well, we lost and no going back, let's just pray to God Jackson starts next week.

It would be sweet if his first start was Thursday and smoked Cheeseboy.

PurplePeopleEaters
12-17-2006, 06:40 PM
Just got done watching the Tivo'd game... Sad end result but the 4th quarter sure was exciting. It's clear to me now that Tarvaris is the QB of the future. No question about it. I can't see how people are still blaming troy for those last drops on the bombs though.. That was good coverage by the DB's. Troy also looked pretty good though. He just needs to figure out how to catch with his hands rather than his body.

This is the future right here. Tarvaris and Troy. Look at how much more involved troy was in the offense with Tarvaris starting. I noticed that Tarvaris was really good with the screen pass but also stretched the field. It's going to be a good year next year with Tarvaris starting for sure.

DPep11
12-17-2006, 06:40 PM
"extmenace" wrote:

Well....Good games guys. Like i said the NFC just cant compete with AFC teams. If the vikings were in the AFC they would have about 3 wins... You guys play bad teams week in and week out so when u play a team that is actually good this is the result. The Jets are a decent to above average team. We dominated the number 4 D in the NFL and killed your running passing and blocking games. And the AFC east owns the vikings lol. You guys need a lot of work but hey tarvaris jackson looks like he could be a stud in the future. Well boys and girls good luck the rest of the season.

Thanks for nothing. Have fun being someones punching bag in the 1st round of the playoffs.... if you make it.

WBLVikeBabe
12-17-2006, 06:42 PM
"WVV" wrote:

"WBLVikeBabe" wrote:

It would be sweet if his first start was Thursday and smoked Cheeseboy.

I keep forgetting the game is Thursday.
Not much time to practice, hopefully he'll be prepared.

x-ray jeff
12-17-2006, 06:43 PM
That was painful to watch.I kept waiting for the offense to get something rolling,or the defense to get a stop,and the time just slipped away.Granted,it was exciting to get to see Jackson make some plays,but by then it was too late. At least this is a short week,so thereis little time to dwell on this loss. :-[GO Vikings.
>:( Make Bert's last game at lambeau a beating for the ages >:(

Mr Anderson
12-17-2006, 06:50 PM
"extmenace" wrote:

Your schedule is no harder than ours was, look over both of them and try to tell me the Jets have a harder schedule.

Don't try to talk about the Jets like they're this stud AFC team. They have the least talent of any team besides maybe the Browns. Vilma, Coles, and Ferguson are all you have. All the Jets are is a very well coached, disciplined unit. If it weren't for Eric Mangini and Schottenheimer you would easily be competing for a #1 draft pick again.

You're not in the playoffs, and you'll be lucky to make it. If you manage to get in you WILL lose in the first round to anyone you play.

I find it ridiculous that we can have this much talent on a team, and manage to lose to a team like the Jets, Bills, Niners, etc. it's completely mind boggling and I'm getting really tired of it.

duvaldomo
12-17-2006, 07:03 PM
"Mr" wrote:

"extmenace" wrote:

Your schedule is no harder than ours was, look over both of them and try to tell me the Jets have a harder schedule.

Don't try to talk about the Jets like they're this stud AFC team. They have the least talent of any team besides maybe the Browns. Vilma, Coles, and Ferguson are all you have. All the Jets are is a very well coached, disciplined unit. If it weren't for Eric Mangini and Schottenheimer you would easily be competing for a #1 draft pick again.

You're not in the playoffs, and you'll be lucky to make it. If you manage to get in you WILL lose in the first round to anyone you play.

I find it ridiculous that we can have this much talent on a team, and manage to lose to a team like the Jets, Bills, Niners, etc. it's completely mind boggling and I'm getting really tired of it.

Omg thank you son. Everything he said is right, the Jets are not even that good, and I agree they will lose to anyone in the playoffs in the first round. Yeah I know we played horrible this game, and im heated right now. Yeah our team have alot of talent, give our rookie coach another year or so we will be better. If we Lose this thursday thats it, I paid for Direct TV just to see us not make it to the playoffs

duvaldomo
12-17-2006, 07:16 PM
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/recap/NFL_20061217_NYJ@MIN

to tell the truth we got fu(k3d up on this game, ONLY 2-13 FOR 3RD DOWN CONVERSION!? wat the hell are we doing giving up for the playoffs???

extmenace
12-17-2006, 08:30 PM

first off to address the "your schedule is no harder then ours comment." it indeed isnt hard for a team in the AFC. But an NFC would really struggle with it. The NFC is kinda like the mannings. there is peyton who is bad ass and is good and ver competitive and then there is eli who is in consistant and only shows flashes of being good and messes up alot and just isnt what they are supposed to be. That is how the NFC is. These teams cant get better because of the opposition they play. The teams are awful. Every single team is just awful. You might not even have but one team with 10 wins....

And hell yes the jets are well coached! Talentless. our recieving core kills yours. We have two great rookies in nick mangold and d'brickashaw ferguson on the o-ine not to mention clement and our other o-line that allowed pennington to pick your weak and over rated NFC playing defence off all game. I saw how you guys were complaing about the pass rush. All o-line baby. You guys didnt play like crap...you got beat by the superior team. If i was asked if i could take the vikings team and trade them with the jets team and keep the uni's id laugh and say hell no. The jets are more talented and just an all around better team.

There should be no reason at all the the vikings (if you think they are as talented as you delusional fans think they are) to not have at least 10 wins. you have green bay the lions and teh bears in your division. thats at least 4-5 wins out of 6. Then u also had games agaisnt the NFC west. there are 4 easy wins. Just face it the vikings are a bottom of the barrel team. Shit they went 0-4 against AFC teams. thats saying something. the
NFC north is the absolute weakest division in football. You can call it the joke division. I wish we could play in the NFC we would have clinched a playoff birth already. I am an all around friend and no alot about alot of teams and not just a one dementional fan. and trust me if you sat back and thought about it you would see exactly what im saying. the vikings need a lot of work.

Prophet
12-17-2006, 08:35 PM
"extmenace" wrote:

first off to address the "your schedule is no harder then ours comment." it indeed isnt hard for a team in the AFC. But an NFC would really struggle with it. The NFC is kinda like the mannings. there is peyton who is bad jiggly butt and is good and ver competitive and then there is eli who is in consistant and only shows flashes of being good and messes up alot and just isnt what they are supposed to be. That is how the NFC is. These teams cant get better because of the opposition they play. The teams are awful. Every single team is just awful. You might not even have but one team with 10 wins....

And hell yes the jets are well coached! Talentless. our recieving core kills yours. We have two great rookies in nick mangold and d'brickashaw ferguson on the o-ine not to mention clement and our other o-line that allowed pennington to pick your weak and over rated NFC playing defence off all game. I saw how you guys were complaing about the pass rush. All o-line baby. You guys didnt play like crap...you got beat by the superior team. If i was asked if i could take the vikings team and trade them with the jets team and keep the uni's id laugh and say hell no. The jets are more talented and just an all around better team.

There should be no reason at all the the vikings (if you think they are as talented as you delusional fans think they are) to not have at least 10 wins. you have green bay the lions and teh bears in your division. thats at least 4-5 wins out of 6. Then u also had games agaisnt the NFC west. there are 4 easy wins. Just face it the vikings are a bottom of the barrel team. pooh they went 0-4 against AFC teams. thats saying something. the
NFC north is the absolute weakest division in football. You can call it the joke division. I wish we could play in the NFC we would have clinched a playoff birth already. I am an all around friend and no alot about alot of teams and not just a one dementional fan. and trust me if you sat back and thought about it you would see exactly what im saying. the vikings need a lot of work.

I bet you enjoy beating up on your retarded first-cousin.
The kind of guy that comes in and talks tough then cowers in the corner when things don't go as planned.
The Jets are as nameless as Joe Namath to a 5 yr-old from the Kingdom of Tonga.

extmenace
12-17-2006, 08:47 PM
haha all im saying is that the vikings areny good. im not saying the jets are great but hey to get into the playoffs in a "rebuilding year" is really something if we can do it. I just dont see how you guys think the vikings are better then the jets and that you guys dont realize that you are still but almost out of the playoff race because you paly in the NFC.

farvathevikinglover
12-17-2006, 08:48 PM
gawddang this sucks. Sucks sucks sucks. How do we do so bad? How do we lose games we we should win against teams that we should beat? And that stuff that dude's saying is pissing me off. Some of the stuff he's saying is right, such as all around the AFC is better, but not to the extent he's taking it to. How did we lose? I couldn't watch it, but I checked scores and stuff. We were plus in turnovers, but our running sucked and WTF IS UP WITH THAT 3RD DOWN %?!?!? What also really sucked is that we scored first, and then didn't score again till really late. Come on O, shape up! By the way, did anybody else think the first TD throw was luck? I only saw 1 or 2 replays, but it looked like BJ just went heave-ho and happened to get it to T-tay. Also, not very important, but isn't this the 12th game out of 14 that we scored on our first possession, leading the league? You would think that would be a sign of a above average offense...

Another added note: screw you Lions! Learn to punch it in! That's the game I got to watch, and it sucked! Favre had 4 turnovers and the Lions still lost, mainly cause they couldn't do shizzle on O. RRRRRRRR!!!!

singersp
12-17-2006, 08:50 PM
"Gift" wrote:

T-will is great at almost making a play when we really need it.

Why isnt the WR coach teaching this guy how to catch?

I'll start, STOP USING YOUR BODY TO CATCH THE BALL!!!

Um, how many did he catch the last 2 weeks vs what he dropped?

2beersTommy
12-17-2006, 08:51 PM
I finally got to see the Vikes on the NY channel today, wtf is
troy williamson F'ing problem
??? I cant believe they put that guy on the field, he might have speed to burn, but what good is that when u cant catch the friggen ball? I lost count of how many dropped ball he had..I heard the bitching about him all season long, but to see it for my own eyes..geez
maybe we can get another 2nd round draft pick from Miami for him LOL.. all I can say is WOW he doesnt have any problems catching a fist in the face tho does he ?
:o

Prophet
12-17-2006, 08:51 PM
If you think for a second that you're enlightening us about the NFC's weakness this year you need to take a few more hits from the crack pipe.
This is one of the few sites on the Net where you could come in as a Jets fan and talk tough.
Where's your next stop, Raider nation?
The time is coming and it is soon for the Vikings.
There are plenty of reasons to be optimistic, not too tough to understand if you follow the team year round.
I know my pants don't get tight when I think about the Jets future, but, then again, I'm not on the Jets sight saying the Vikings are invincible.
Rock on, smoke on, shoot up, whatever it is you are doing I want some of it too.

singersp
12-17-2006, 08:52 PM
"2beersTommy" wrote:

??? I cant believe they put that guy on the field, he might have spped to burn, but what good is that when u cant catch the friggen ball? I lost count of how many dropped ball he had..I heard the bitching about him all season long, but to see it for my own eyes..geez
maybe we can get another 2nd round draft pick from Miami for him LOL.. all I can say is WOW he doesnt have any problems catching a fist in the face tho does he ?

1 or two. He caught everything else

2beersTommy
12-17-2006, 08:54 PM
"singersp" wrote:

"2beersTommy" wrote:

??? I cant believe they put that guy on the field, he might have spped to burn, but what good is that when u cant catch the friggen ball? I lost count of how many dropped ball he had..I heard the bitching about him all season long, but to see it for my own eyes..geez

ya for this game, how many over-all on the season? this guy needs to go!

1 or two. He caught everything else

ya for this game, how many over-all on the season? this guy needs to go!

extmenace
12-17-2006, 09:18 PM
If you think for a second that you're enlightening us about the NFC's weakness this year you need to take a few more hits from the crack pipe.
This is one of the few sites on the Net where you could come in as a Jets fan and talk tough.
There are plenty of reasons to be optimistic, not too tough to understand if you follow the team year round.
I know my pants don't get tight when I think about the Jets future, but, then again, I'm not on the Jets sight saying the Vikings are invincible.
Rock on, smoke on, shoot up, whatever it is you are doing I want some of it too.

Next stop is against the dolphins who you guys also lost to. and My pants get very tight when i think about the future of the jets. We are in a rebuilding year and are making a run for the playoffs. Alot of the players we have this year may not be starting next year or will be cut. we have alot of holes to fill but we still have 8 wins. Pretty crazty huh? m not trying to rub anything in but come on you guys went 0-4 against the AFC. That says something....So maybe after im done taking my hit of the "crack rock" ill pass it back your way so you can continue to believe that the vikings are a good team...

Prophet
12-17-2006, 09:20 PM
"extmenace" wrote:

Next stop is against the dolphins who you guys also lost to. and My pants get very tight when i think about the future of the jets. We are in a rebuilding year and are making a run for the playoffs. Alot of the players we have this year may not be starting next year or will be cut. we have alot of holes to fill but we still have 8 wins. Pretty crazty huh? m not trying to rub anything in but come on you guys went 0-4 against the AFC. That says something....So maybe after im done taking my hit of the "crack rock" ill pass it back your way so you can continue to believe that the vikings are a good team...

I said they are in the process of building a good team.
Any team that doesn not win the SB is not good enough.
15-1 vs 1-15, means nothing.
Yes, I'll take a few hits, it's going to be a long offseason.

purplepete
12-17-2006, 09:26 PM
Imagine going to work and making at least 2 mistakes every single time you went? How long would you
have a job, even if you were working as a bag boy at the grocery store you would be gone. Its Willaimsons job to catch the ball.... He needs to go. I actually had a 10 minute swear at the tv session about him today.

singersp
12-17-2006, 09:45 PM
"purplepete" wrote:

Imagine going to work and making at least 2 mistakes every single time you went? How long would you
have a job, even if you were working as a bag boy at the grocery store you would be gone. Its Willaimsons job to catch the ball.... He needs to go. I actually had a 10 minute swear at the tv session about him today.

Geez, T-Jack threw a pick today & fumbled one away last time. Is it his time to go already?