PDA

View Full Version : viking probowlers



davike
12-12-2006, 04:18 PM
i know brad fan just started a thread on BJ in the probowl but who does everyone think has a good chance to make it this year on the vikings?

nflvikings4455
12-12-2006, 04:20 PM
Pat and Kevin maybe?

thepacksux
12-12-2006, 04:23 PM
Hutch, winfield, pat and kevin, chester

If chester comes back strong for the final three he will make it IMO.

Suick
12-12-2006, 04:25 PM
Chester Taylor

Who's a better NFC running back?


Tiki?

Bush?

Gore?

skum
12-12-2006, 04:28 PM
Hutchinson is the only one realistic due to reputation - rest of our pro bowl players are not know around the league to be playmakers.. sad but true..

I think that Ben Leber, Pat Williams maybe Kevin Williams deserves to play in the probowl.. Maybe Chester Taylor also.. But i bet it wont happen..

cogitans
12-12-2006, 04:29 PM
"Suick" wrote:


Chester Taylor

Who's a better NFC running back?


Tiki?

Bush?

Gore?


There are many good RB's in the NFC. Gore as you say I think is good. But also Steven Jackson and perhaps Bryan Westbrook. Btw. Marion Barber III has 11 TD runs

vikes2456
12-12-2006, 04:30 PM
The Williams brothers, the Leber and Taylor cousins, and the Hutchinson/Winfield Uncle and Nephew combo, Griffin is in a family of his own.

cogitans
12-12-2006, 04:30 PM
"skum" wrote:


Hutchinson is the only one realistic due to reputation - rest of our pro bowl players are not know around the league to be playmakers.. sad but true..

I think that Ben Leber, Pat Williams maybe Kevin Williams deserves to play in the probowl.. Maybe Chester Taylor also.. But i bet it wont happen..


Didn't they have an article somewhere that Birk had a lot of fan votes

whackthepack
12-12-2006, 04:43 PM
P Will
K Will
A Winfield
D Sharper
C Griffin
S Hutchinson

snowinapril
12-12-2006, 04:55 PM
"skum" wrote:


Hutchinson is the only one realistic due to reputation - rest of our pro bowl players are not know around the league to be playmakers.. sad but true..


Hutch is the only one that has a chance. You are right.

Sharper? (by name recognition)

It is a popularity contest to some extent.
I was trying to get a highlight of the game on Sunday on the NFLN, and I didn't see it once.
If we were on, we only got about 30 seconds.
I missed it.

PurplePeopleEaters
12-12-2006, 05:06 PM
Realistically, the only players with the on the field play/stats to make it are

Chester Taylor
Steve Hutchinson
Antoine Winfield
Kevin Williams
and maybe Pat Williams

out of those guys Chester, hutch and Antoine will make it IMO. Those are the only players on that list with the stats.. Pat is amazing but he just doesn't have the overall stats to back it up.

BradTheMan14
12-12-2006, 05:07 PM
hutch will make it
winfield should make it
one of the williams should make it
sharper has a chance but the stats arent quite there
chester has a slim chance
i would be shocked if anyone else made it

ultravikingfan
12-12-2006, 05:22 PM
Chester
Hutch
Winfield
Pat

Longshots:
K Will
Sharper
Nap
Leber

No way in hell:
Brad
Brad Childress
Whittaker
Smoot
M. Johnson

FuadFan
12-12-2006, 10:15 PM
I think both Birk and Hutchinson are in, Pat and Kevin Williams along with McKinnie have an outside shot of getting picked, and
Taylor, Henderson, and Winfield could be top reserves to replace somebody if they get hurt or opt out of it.

PurplePackerEater
12-12-2006, 10:56 PM
Pat Williams.

No one else, imo, deserves to go this year.

I believe he is the one responsible for the lone bright spot on this team...stopping, no, blowing up the run.

Maybe, just maybe, Chester Taylor, however, Pinner came off the bench to do just as good of a job.

Ltrey33
12-12-2006, 11:35 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:


Chester
Hutch
Winfield
Pat

Longshots:
K Will
Sharper
Nap
Leber

No way in hell:
Brad
Brad Childress
Whittaker
Smoot
M. Johnson


He'll go if we lose the NFC Championship!
;D

FreakinVikingsBaby
12-12-2006, 11:52 PM
Phat Pat better be going to Hawaii

Caine
12-13-2006, 04:39 AM
Fred Smoot
Ronyell Whitaker
Bryant McKinnie
Artis Hicks
Marcus Johnson
Brad Johnson
Troy Williamson
Kenechi Udeze

If those guys don't make it, then the system is flawed, there's a blatant Anti-Viking conspiracy, and evil triumphs over good yet again.

On the other hand, none of these guys should even be considered:

Chester Taylor
Steve Hutchinson
Matt Birk
Kevin Williams
Pat Williams
Antoine Winfield

Those guys have been the anchor around our necks all season long.
If it wasn't for them, we could be 0-13 and have the #1 overall pick locked up by now, but NOOOOOOOOO...these guys appear to want to win.
How selfish!!!!

Caine

AngloVike
12-13-2006, 05:04 AM
As we know it is really about a popularity contest and whose flavour of the month. So on that we might see the following:
Chester Taylor - performance
Hutchinson - based partly on performance and partly on reputation
Kevin Williams - performance
Sharper - performance and reputation

Just get ready for all the Bears/Colts players that will get voted in... I'm just waiting to see Grossman voted to the Pro-Bowl then maybe people will see how flawed the system is.

digital420
12-13-2006, 05:16 AM
Phat Pat,. and Kwil better be in 4 sure.. they are the main reason we are
300 odd yards below any other team in rush defence..

they are why coaches are literialy abandoning the run!!

If that's not a reason to get in... i don't know what one is.
other good bets,
Sharper,
Leber
Hutch
C.t (if healthy)


maybe's waiting for next year..

C.t
Griffin
D.e
Farwell (sp teams)


DiGiTaL

Zeus
12-13-2006, 08:47 AM
Sheesh.
Two pages of Pro Bowl chatter and not one link to the ballot.

GO VOTE if you want Vikings to be in the game!

http://www.nfl.com/probowl/ballot

=Z=

Del Rio
12-13-2006, 08:50 AM
I'm telling you right now with the Bears having the record they do, with the man love their line gets you can bet your ass none of our defensive lineman get in, and maybe Hutch. I see no possible way Matt Birk gets in at all.

Zeus
12-13-2006, 08:54 AM
"Del" wrote:


I'm telling you right now with the Bears having the record they do, with the man love their line gets you can bet your jiggly butt none of our defensive lineman get in, and maybe Hutch. I see no possible way Matt Birk gets in at all.


The Bears rotate so many through the D-line (8 total, I think) that that should dilute some of those votes.
I just don't see how Pat Williams doesn't make it.
Every time he's on the field he's making a big tackle.

=Z=

cogitans
12-13-2006, 08:54 AM
"Del" wrote:


I'm telling you right now with the Bears having the record they do, with the man love their line gets you can bet your jiggly butt none of our defensive lineman get in, and maybe Hutch. I see no possible way Matt Birk gets in at all.


I'm confident Hutch goes in.

I think Winfield and the Williams duo deserves it, but I doubt that they make it.

As for the Birk comment I only made it because an article told that he were 2nd at that point in fan votes. Personally I'd vote for Jeff Faine of the Saints who has really up'ed his game after he changed from the Browns.

mr.woo
12-13-2006, 08:57 AM
well i just voted for every viking on there.

yes even brad....

cogitans
12-13-2006, 09:04 AM
"mr.woo" wrote:


well i just voted for every viking on there.

yes even brad....


My usual Probowl voting rule is to vote for the ones I think belongs in there, with an add on that says: 'when in doubt vote Vikings'

Del Rio
12-13-2006, 09:06 AM
I would be willing to bet your looking at NFC starters as

Aaron Kampman
Julius Peppers
Charles Grant
and yes possibly Fred Robbins

Mix in a few Bears Ogunyawhatthefuckeverhisnameis, and maybe even a Tommie Harris, Brown.............. they have been getting the pub and that's really all that matters in this deal.

cogitans
12-13-2006, 09:10 AM
Didn't Tommie Harris go to IR

purplepat
12-13-2006, 11:10 AM
Hutchinson
Pat Williams
Winfield

Taylor is 4th in rushing in the NFC right now, and the three above him (Gore, Barber, Jackson) all have more receptions and receiving yards.
Since they usually only take 3 RBs, my guess is Chester misses it.

Kevin Williams has been a stud, but doesn't have sack totals that excite anyone.
Fat Pat is pretty much known as being a run stuffer only, so they'll take him on that basis but KWill may be out in the cold.

Birk may get in on rep, but the Vikings record may keep him out.
Kruetz of the Bears has the rep and the W-L record.

Sharper might get in on rep, but he doesn't have the picks this year.

FreakinVikingsBaby
12-13-2006, 03:33 PM
Alex Brown deserves to go though. Not over Phat Pat, but every Bears game I've seen he rips it up.

Del Rio
12-13-2006, 03:43 PM
"FreakinVikingsBaby" wrote:


Alex Brown deserves to go though. Not over Phat Pat, but every Bears game I've seen he rips it up.


Thats what I'm saying Brown, Robbins, Grant all these guys will probably get the nod before Williams.

Redmption
12-13-2006, 03:58 PM
Probowl is lame and is totally a popularity contest. The CB Hall on Atlanta made it last year along with Ty Law on name alone and neither had that great of years. Pat Williams should make it hands down, with Hutchinson. Kevin Williams has had a solid year but probably wont. Chester has a good shot if he comes on strong these next two games. He was the #5 in yards until he missed last game, so it might hurt him. Personally I wont watch the probowl anymore because its such a stupid system. They say fan votes only count as 1/3 of the ballot but thats BS is Hall and Law can still make it in when they did nothing to merit it.

FuadFan
12-13-2006, 05:36 PM
"Del" wrote:


"FreakinVikingsBaby" wrote:


Alex Brown deserves to go though. Not over Phat Pat, but every Bears game I've seen he rips it up.


Thats what I'm saying Brown, Robbins, Grant all these guys will probably get the nod before Williams.


Maybe I'm mistaken but I think both Alex Brown and Charles Grant are defensive ends not tackles so why would they have anything to do with either Williams pro bowl chances?

bleedpurple
12-13-2006, 06:12 PM
If anyone goes this year it's gotta be Pat Williams... He got snubbed last year and for players and coaches not to vote him in this year would be an injustice.
I don't see how he doesn't make it.... Kevin williams also for that matter... Players know that we have the best d-tackles so i don't see how they don't go...

Hutch on name rec. alone.. but I'm not sure that he deserves it... chester taylor probably won't go either.. he has yards, but his per carry avg. isn't that great.
Plus gore, tiki, and alexander are better...

winfield deserves to go also...

ItalianStallion
12-13-2006, 06:14 PM
I would be surprised if the Williamses (at least one), Hutch and Winfield didn't make it.
Chester Taylor, McKinnie, Birk and Sharper have an outside chance of making it.

davike
12-13-2006, 08:08 PM
i think that the fact that pinner came in and did so well hurt taylors chances. now they will say, "does taylor have real talent or would anyone be able to run well with their o lines run blocking?"

PurplePackerEater
12-13-2006, 08:26 PM
"davike" wrote:


i think that the fact that pinner came in and did so well hurt taylors chances. now they will say, "does taylor have real talent or would anyone be able to run well with their o lines run blocking?"


Well, that's the big mystery, isn't it? Is Taylor for real?

VKG4LFE
12-13-2006, 08:28 PM
I think the williams brothers and Winfield. It would be nice if Taylor got in but I think that Gore and Jackson are ahead of him and I think Tiki will get a lot of votes too since he's got that NY fan base.

PurplePeopleEaters
12-13-2006, 08:34 PM
Well people are going to vote on popularity... that's what it's all about. The pro bowl doesn't matter therefore people vote like it doesn't matter. I voted for Chris Gamble because of his b-e-a-utiful pass while I was at the dome.
;D

PurplePeopleEaters
12-13-2006, 08:34 PM
Well people are going to vote on popularity... that's what it's all about. The pro bowl doesn't matter therefore people vote like it doesn't matter. I voted for Chris Gamble because of his b-e-a-utiful pass while I was at the dome.
;D

RK.
12-13-2006, 08:35 PM
I think Pat W goes because we have the #1 run defense in the NFL and he is the main reason for that.
If we win out and go to the playoffs I think at least 3 or 4 other of our guys will go depending on how they play the last 3 games of the season.
A lot of the names that have been mentioned I think are in the running but it depends on the end of the season.
If we fold they don't make it except for Pat.
The probowl is for guys who step up and make their team better.

VKG4LFE
12-13-2006, 08:36 PM
The pro bowl is also a popularity contest and for some reason people don't vote for our boys.

AngloVike
12-14-2006, 05:27 AM
"Del" wrote:


I'm telling you right now with the Bears having the record they do, with the man love their line gets you can bet your jiggly butt none of our defensive lineman get in, and maybe Hutch.

then again part of the voting is down to the fans. Given that the average Bears fan can't lift their hands above their knees then that could help reduce their voting ability
;D

Zeus
12-14-2006, 08:26 AM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:


The pro bowl is also a popularity contest and for some reason people don't vote for our boys.


Did you vote for our boys today?
Yesterday?
Will you tomorrow?

=Z=