PDA

View Full Version : Jerome Bettis' Sleeper Team From NFC

Rambro
12-10-2006, 10:10 PM
During the half-time report during the Saints @ Cowboys game Jerome comes out with his sleeper team from the NFC as the Minnesota Vikings...says we have a winnable schedule and a Great Solid defense and great Rushing Offense...the only thing he said was bad was Brad Johnson's play lately...which can improve very much.

He's one of the like 5-6 Quarterbacks in the league with a Super Bowl ring right now...I still believe... ;D

P.S. Jerome Bettis is my new favorite NFL analyst.

midgensa
12-10-2006, 10:14 PM
Yep ... was just watching that and liked what I heard. BJ is one of four starting QBs in the league right now with a ring (Brady, Favre, Roethlisberger and BJ) ... I believe the only other QBs in the league with a ring are Warner and Dilfer, who of course are riding the pine

RussC
12-10-2006, 10:25 PM
we have a good nfc division record, and if we can win out the remaining two nfc games, the other nfc teams have all their games with other nfc teams, so there record would hold a few more NFC loss's,,, we would have a 8-4 record and hold clincher with carolina and if we beat st louis (who are on the out anyways) we have a solid chance.
jerome looked at the stats, and he obviously knows something about sleeper teams! look how hot pittsburgh got last season.

singersp
12-10-2006, 10:26 PM
While a Super Bowl ring is nice, it doesn't necessarily mean you're a great QB, nor does it mean if you haven't got one you stink.

Fran Tarkenton is one good example.

What if the Bears won the Super bowl this year? Would you want Grossman as our QB just because he has a ring?

I'm generalizing here, not saying Brad is a great or lousy QB, just that a ring doesn't necessarily mean greatness or still great today.

Bloedsoe has a ring & I wouldn't want him for our QB anymore than a lot of fans here would.

cajunvike
12-10-2006, 10:28 PM
That being said...he probably just JINXED us!!! :(

PurplePeopleEaters
12-10-2006, 10:33 PM
lol I love how last week everyone is talking about our draft pick and "start Tarvaris" and "pick Jarrett" and as soon as we beat the lions everyone thinks we're a super bowl contender.
:D At this point, I'm just watching the games for fun. Nothing to lose really.. no big expectations for this year. Let's just enjoy the last few games of the season and MAYBE we can get a wild card bid. Sometimes we get so wrapped up in winning that we forget that it's fun to watch the games.

BadlandsVikings
12-10-2006, 10:33 PM
Since he won a SuperBowl does that make hin an expert?

Rambro
12-10-2006, 10:34 PM
"singersp" wrote:

While a Super Bowl ring is nice, it doesn't necessarily mean you're a great QB, nor does it mean if you haven't got one you stink.

Very true, but what I meant was if your a starting QB for a Super Bowl winning team you obviously at least played well enough to not have your team lose...which is pretty much all the Quarterbacks with a ring right now except for Brady and Farve.

"cajunvike" wrote:

Nah...I don't beleive any of that garbage...you shouldn't either.

CulpepperViking16
12-10-2006, 11:56 PM
Hell yeah, we're the sleeper. Let's just hope we don't lose the packers again and we should be alright.

Vikes
12-10-2006, 11:57 PM
Yes sir...the NFC East is going to beat it self. We just hope ATL falls.

RK.
12-11-2006, 12:00 AM
Well if we are the sleeper lets hope we wake up soon lol.

Gift
12-11-2006, 12:05 AM
this road leads to heartbreak, im in...

Potus2028
12-11-2006, 12:10 AM
"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:

lol I love how last week everyone is talking about our draft pick and "start Tarvaris" and "pick Jarrett" and as soon as we beat the lions everyone thinks we're a super bowl contender.
:D At this point, I'm just watching the games for fun. Nothing to lose really.. no big expectations for this year. Let's just enjoy the last few games of the season and MAYBE we can get a wild card bid. Sometimes we get so wrapped up in winning that we forget that it's fun to watch the games.

i couldnt agree more.. i mean, it was just the lions.. and we do have an easy schedule ahead (thats what we thought about november though..)

we arent SB contendors, lets be honest. but we might be just enough of a sleeper pick to back into the playoffs and play for an extra week.

watch for fun, and if we make it into the playoffs, cool, we get a bonus game

Braddock
12-11-2006, 12:39 AM
Looking at the playoff picture http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2668613, if we win and atlanta loses next week, we get a spot, due to our good NFC record. We're closer than I thought. That being said, I would rather us get better and miss the playoffs than stay as we are and make them. Just me.....

digital420
12-11-2006, 03:48 AM
wether we make the playoffs or not..

I am happy with the way the D has turned out

I am happy with the way our RB's have turned out

I am happy with the O & D lines

I am happy with coaching

and if we make the playoffs i'll be SOOOO happy when we beat the bears to play in the championship!!

DiGiTaL

singersp
12-11-2006, 07:33 AM
As it stands right now, I believe we are 4th in the NFC Wild Card race so our destiny is still within our grasp.

Giants, Eagles & Falcons are all 7-6 & we are tied with the Panthers @ 6-7, but we beat the Panthers.

The Giants still play the Eagles, Saints & Redskins.

The Eagles still play the Giants, Cowboys & Falcons.

The Falcons still play the Panthers, Eagles & Cowboys

The Panthers still play the Steelers, Falcons & saints

With many of those teams playing each other plus some tough teams, it gives us a good chance to finish better than them if we win out.

The Cowboys have been playing good ball lately & the Saints are leading their division 9-4.

snowinapril
12-11-2006, 10:55 AM
"RK." wrote:

Well if we are the sleeper lets hope we wake up soon lol.

That was my line, you beat me to it.

When the season started, I didn't imagine playing ourselves out of a losing hole.
With that easy schedule, I didn't expect to be below .500 for more than maybe one week.

Playoffs?

Just to finish above .500 will be good.

Jerome had to pick someone. Not a bad pick consedering we have a Defense.
We have to keep the better teams from scoring first so Brad can play with a lead.

whackthepack
12-11-2006, 11:00 AM
"singersp" wrote:

Fran Tarkenton is one good example.

What if the Bears won the Super bowl this year? Would you want Grossman as our QB just because he has a ring?

I'm generalizing here, not saying Brad is a great or lousy QB, just that a ring doesn't necessarily mean greatness or still great today.

Bloedsoe has a ring & I wouldn't want him for our QB anymore than a lot of fans here would.

He got it riding the pine behind Brady, but he did get one you are correct.

VikesfaninWis
12-11-2006, 11:21 AM
"cajunvike" wrote:

No Cajun, our offense jinxed us long ago...
>:(