PDA

View Full Version : Vikings' schedule is favorable

singersp
12-09-2006, 08:28 PM
Posted on Fri, Dec. 08, 2006

Vikings' schedule is favorable (http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/sports/16200064.htm)

By Mark Craig

McClatchy Newspapers

(MCT)

JellyBean2144
12-10-2006, 08:11 PM
Great article, thanks. What would be really scary to see is a team going 7-9 and making the playoffs, that is ugly. But I agree with the article, we have a pretty favorable schedule. We just have to get it done.

x-ray jeff
12-10-2006, 08:25 PM
OH NO! Not the "favorable schedule" again.I thought we had one of those in November.

PacNWVike
12-10-2006, 09:49 PM
Hell, the way the whole NFL season has been going, I don't think ANYONE can say what will happen...
::)

VKG4LFE
12-10-2006, 10:06 PM
Our schedule was favorable in 2002 too, remember. :(

VikesfaninWis
12-10-2006, 10:09 PM
Hell, I remember when people were saying that we had a favorable schedule when we played:

1. San Francisco

2. Green Bay

3. Miami

4. Arizona

All I can remember was going 1-3 in those "easy" games, and almost losing against the rookie and Arizona to make it 0-4.. What I am saying is that this season, there is no such thing as a "easy" schedule for any team.. If we would have won those so called easy games, then we wouldn't be having discussions about if we will make the playoffs or not.. Whoever wrote that story needs his head examined..

BadlandsVikings
12-10-2006, 10:51 PM
This favorable schedule stuff is crap.
Your either going to choke or do really well.
It all has to do with execution of your plays and do what you have been working on in practice.

Ltrey33
12-10-2006, 11:17 PM
"VikesfaninWis" wrote:

Hell, I remember when people were saying that we had a favorable schedule when we played:

1. San Francisco

2. Green Bay

3. Miami

4. Arizona

All I can remember was going 1-3 in those "easy" games, and almost losing against the rookie and Arizona to make it 0-4.. What I am saying is that this season, there is no such thing as a "easy" schedule for any team.. If we would have won those so called easy games, then we wouldn't be having discussions about if we will make the playoffs or not.. Whoever wrote that story needs his head examined..

Exactly. We all looked at this stretch of 8 or 9 games and went, "Pssshh....we'll go at least 6-2!"

Didn't quite happen that way did it? We could either light the world on fire or go in the toilet. The same goes for the other teams we're playing. There's just no way to tell from week to weeek.

Vikes
12-11-2006, 12:40 AM
We just need to keep winning. The rest will take of care of itself.

cajunvike
12-11-2006, 12:54 AM
"Vikes" wrote:

We just need to keep winning. The rest will take of care of itself.

True dat!!!
;)

audioghost
12-11-2006, 01:21 AM
Don't sleep on the Jets...they're pretty good this year...they will present a challenge...if we can beat the Jets then I'll start thinking seriously about us in the playoffs.

However, after beating the 2-10 Lions this week I can't be too pumped...I mean a win is a win and thats great but we still got more to prove....

michaelmazid
12-11-2006, 02:18 AM
if we win the remaining 3 games, we'll get in for sure, i guess.

Dekay
12-11-2006, 03:05 AM
yeah, i think so too. We are still nr8 in the NFC. We had some bad misfortune this week and almost everyone in the playoffrace won. SF49:ers got beat by the Packers though which put us ahead of them and its still a game to be played tonight at MNF. If Rams win they will have the same record as us but worse Conf record so we would still be nr 8.

I see some of the contestants face off each others, like we will do against st louis if they are still in the hunt in the last week. It would be interesting to have a little program to do some calculating putting in fantasy results even though there need not be a rocketscience engineer to be able to figure out the Vikings need to take care of their own business and win out to make it.