PDA

View Full Version : Fason likely to start in place of Chester this Sunday

cajunvike
12-08-2006, 07:44 PM
Chester is doubtful for the game:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6252200

idahovikefan7
12-08-2006, 08:01 PM
Fason should do ok, lets just hope he has been working on his pass blocking....

kramer9guy
12-08-2006, 08:08 PM
Well...it looks like this will be his chance to show everyone that his performance last week wasn't a fluke. Let's see what he's made of. Good luck Ciatrick.

michaelmazid
12-08-2006, 08:23 PM
Fason reminds me of Brandon Jacobs of the Giants. Bring him on baby. We should be able to beat those sorry lions but than again, Ive been saying that all year about every team we play.

audioghost
12-08-2006, 09:07 PM
At least we get to see what one of our young guys can do....thats nice except for the fact that we
got a great rusher in Chester so its not like it matters anyway...if Fason does good everyone will say "good for him" and he will get benched when Taylor comes back...

Plus if he does good he will probably be in consideration for a starting job at some lowly franchise elsewhere and we'll lose him in the offseason...

Either way I hope he has a monster game....cuz we aren't winnin this one with passin with Brad at the helm....this isnt the senior league...

happy camper
12-09-2006, 10:50 AM
fason has fresh legs.

VKG4LFE
12-09-2006, 11:05 AM
What about Mewelde??? I'm kind of ticked that Childress doesn't give him a chance?? I'm not mad that Fason is getting his shot, but let's not forget about Mewelde.

PurplePumpkin
12-09-2006, 11:08 AM
I was dissappointed last year when Tice only used him in 3rd and short or at the goal line and he did well. I think Fason better then that. I'm glad he's gonna get a chance to play this week.

PurplePumpkin
12-09-2006, 11:11 AM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

What about Mewelde??? I'm kind of ticked that Childress doesn't give him a chance?? I'm not mad that Fason is getting his shot, but let's not forget about Mewelde.

I also think MeMo gonna get alot more touches this week.

VKG4LFE
12-09-2006, 11:11 AM
Fason played well last week against the bears, but I would rather see Mewelde in there for 1st and 2nd down and then put Fason in for 3rd and short.

marcosMN
12-09-2006, 11:30 AM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

I actually find this kind of comical. He does well when he's healthy, but his only role is punt returns, and the infamous 3rd and long dumpoff.

I think the Coen Brothers are running this offense in secret.

davike
12-09-2006, 11:35 AM
i wouldn't mind if fason got the go this week if chestor was out, i have always hoped that he would get a chance to prove himself. even if he does have a break out game, the best he would do is get moved up to a #2 spot, which in the last games of the season, we will see more carries by the other backs, taylor isn't used to carrying the load this long and he is probably already tired, so it may be good that he gets to take a week off. he will probably run better because of it

whackthepack
12-09-2006, 11:41 AM
I would not count Chester out yet he is a tough SOB and I think he starts and him ans Ciatrick split carries and I love MeMo but I don't think he is durable enough to be an every down back and I like him in the 3rd down role.

1800CULPEPPER
12-09-2006, 11:46 AM
I think a rest for Chester is a good thing. Hopefully, ( I use that word alot when I'm talking about the Vikings) we have a whole new backfield starting on Sunday. I think if we had any kind of passing game at all earlier in the season, Chester would be fine, not overworked, beat up, like he is.

Mr-holland
12-09-2006, 11:59 AM
give the guy a chance, he had 3 13 yard rushes right?
i say he can do it again. i think he'll do better then Memo

umaguma1979
12-09-2006, 01:53 PM
I think Childress uses Memo properly.
Memo is an explosive player that is capable of the big play at any time.
Minmizing his touches enhances his effectiveness & wear & tear.
I think sees him like Brian Westbrook.
Memo has a gift as a punter returner and a great open filed runner.

AngloVike
12-10-2006, 01:38 PM
Well surprisingly enough, as most people forgot about him - myself included, Artose Pinner has been taking the load and doing well. So far 48yds on 8 carries and two touchdowns !

audioghost
12-10-2006, 01:40 PM
Has Fason even seen the field yet?

audioghost
12-10-2006, 01:42 PM
"audioghost" wrote:

Has Fason even seen the field yet?

Dang...nevermind..he just got lit up by Ernie Sims!

marshallvike
12-10-2006, 03:40 PM
anyone have pinner starting this week?
lol