PDA

View Full Version : Vick

V4L
12-08-2006, 06:58 PM
I think the Falcons will dump either Vick or Shaub next year.. They will trade one while they can and when the value is pretty high..

With that being said.. Would u guys be apposed to having Vick in MN?

I doubt it'd happen.. Actually im pretty sure it won't.. But if given the shot.. Would u take him?

One Love

Prophet
12-08-2006, 07:00 PM
As you know I would be, I am opposed to having Ron Mexico on the Vikings.
That guy is being paid an exorbitant amount of money and he is not worth it.
Keep him far from the purple and gold.
I wouldn't be surprised if they made a move on Schaub though if the price was right.

nephilimstorm
12-08-2006, 07:02 PM
If the Vikes need a QB i am not for either
QUINN BABY!!

Bretto
12-08-2006, 07:06 PM
I wouldn't be against it.
We have a good defense, good rush game.
We would need to get him some receivers to throw the ball to, otherwise he would struggle like he does in ATL.

ItalianStallion
12-08-2006, 07:13 PM
While I agree he's not worth what he's paid, he's better than anything we have by a long shot.
Then again, it would be bad to see what Tarvaris has.

ultravikingfan
12-08-2006, 07:17 PM
No way.

Why would we want him when we have the messiah?
I mean TJack is supposed to lead us to the Super Bowl, right?
He is almost annoitend (sp) the greatest QB is Vikings history based on a preseason performance and a few other snaps.

V4L
12-08-2006, 07:19 PM
Good talk here!! Keep it coming..

My opinion...

I think Vick would be pretty good here.. Get him some posession WR's.. I think picking up Curtis or something would be good.. With our line we need someone to get outta the pocket.. He would teach T-jack the ins and outs of scrambling.. It would be steller

But, it's cool people didn't harp on me.. Cuz it won't happen with Vick coming here.. It's gnarly people like to discuss it :) Thanks guys

One Love

ultravikingfan
12-08-2006, 07:21 PM
We need a QB that can actually throw the ball and make good decisions.

Thats what Brad is unable to do so far this season.

V4L
12-08-2006, 07:30 PM
I soooooo wish we had Vick..

I know he isn't the most accurate passer.. But he is alot better then people give him credit for..

We could use a dynamic QB like.. But would the price be too steep? We can afford him.. Looks like we have alot of cap..

But it would cost probably a 1st and 2nd.. Would u guys be willing to do something like that? I would give that up for a shot at a bowl with Vick..

We need a QB badly.. Brad isn't the answer.. Brooks won't cut it.. And T-jack probably isn't ready yet.. So I see us going after someone.. If not F.A then a trade.. Vick seems pretty logical to me.. Surround him with a good D and a very solid run game.. And pick up a FA WR.. I think we would be pretty good!!

Not to mention the coaching staff would have some experience next year now too :)

One Love

idahovikefan7
12-08-2006, 08:02 PM
We need a QB but vick has started to go down hill himself.

Bretto
12-08-2006, 08:08 PM
Vick also have a bit of an attitude problem.
Childress wouldn't like that.

On a side note, I remember playing Madden and for three seasons in a row Vick got injured in the game, the computer was in control of the Falcons and actually cut him.
Vicks rating was a 68 in the game and I was the playing as the Vikings.
So I picked him up and brought all his ratings back up.
It was fun. :)

kramer9guy
12-08-2006, 08:11 PM
"V4L" wrote:

I think the Falcons will dump either Vick or Shaub next year.. They will trade one while they can and when the value is pretty high..

I doubt it'd happen.. Actually im pretty sure it won't.. But if given the shot.. Would u take him?

One Love

Yes. I wouldn't want him. He's got baggage, a bad attitude and is overrated IMO. Screw Vick.

SIUviking
12-08-2006, 08:17 PM
Byron Leftwitch baby! Man has a cannon arm. We can keep him healthy.

michaelmazid
12-08-2006, 08:21 PM
you guys are dreaming if you think Atlanta will let Mike Vick go. He sucks as a QB but he is good for the league and he puts azzzez in the seats.

We'll be stuck with a momo like David Carr.

The way I see it is Jake Plummer going to Houston, David Carr coming to Minny or Detroit. David Gerrard going to either Detroit or Buffalo or some other crappy team.

davike
12-08-2006, 08:55 PM
there would be no way that we would get vick even if he was available. he doesn't fit in to childresses system at all. he also has attitude problems which would pose a big problem here as well with childress. if we got any of the atlanta QBs it would be shaub.....i wouldn't be apposed to that or even leftwhich, i would hate having carr here.

umaguma1979
12-09-2006, 02:10 PM
Schaub will be a free agent.
If we dont get him, we willprobably sign Carr, Plummer, or even Harrington as a fall safe to TJ.

jdxdn99
12-09-2006, 08:20 PM
I think vick is a good quarterback but no way Childress picks him up.
Childress strikes me as a control freak.
I can see him picking up someone who could start for a year maybe two but no one for longer than that.
He seems like a guy that wants someone who he developed himself.
My guess is a guy like Huard, he could step in and win games now but he's obviously not going to be around for a lot longer.

T Dogg
12-09-2006, 08:40 PM
I think Leftwich would be the best fit for the vikings out of the quarterbacks that could be available to replace Johnson.
We'll have to see what happens in Jacksonville though I guess.

Foranzan
12-09-2006, 09:15 PM
I think I'm one of the few people on these boards that wants to see us start Tavaris Jackson and give him the reigns.

Mike Vick in Minnesota? No thanks.

Ltrey33
12-09-2006, 09:35 PM
"Foranzan" wrote:

I think I'm one of the few people on these boards that wants to see us start Tavaris Jackson and give him the reigns.

Mike Vick in Minnesota? No thanks.

I've actually seen a lot of people lobbying to start Tarvaris, even as far back as 3 or 4 weeks ago.

I think pretty much everyone wants to see him play, and I think most want to see him get some time this year before the end of the season.

"V4L" wrote:

One Love

I think someone has already said this but....it's a moot point anyway. Schaub is a free agent this year and will be too costly to keep around as a backup. Plus, they resigned Vick to a long-term deal a few years ago, so it's highly doubtful they'll get rid of him.