PDA

View Full Version : Vikings defenders have points to make

singersp
12-08-2006, 07:31 AM
Posted on Fri, Dec. 08, 2006

Vikings defenders have points to make (http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/sports/16190625.htm)

Players believe they can — and should — score with their defense

BY DON SEEHOLZER
Pioneer Press

idahovikefan7
12-08-2006, 06:23 PM
We really do need our defense to score points, seeing our offense can't.

singersp
12-09-2006, 12:25 AM
Those two turnovers that the Vikings defense scored on against the Lions seems like forever & a day ago.

Let's hope they can turn it around & get something on the scoreboard when we face them again on Sunday.

VKG4LFE
12-09-2006, 11:15 AM
Yep, our D needs to give up 10 or less points a game and they have to score at least 7 points a game for us to win in all reality. Just forcing turnovers really isn't enough. A perfect example would be last week against the bears forcing a turnover on the opening kickoff and our Offense LOSING yards!

cc21
12-09-2006, 11:19 AM
Asking are defense to score a touchdown each game is asking a little much I think. It is really difficult for a defense to score a TD. it doesn't happen very often. It is pretty sad that we need to rely on our defense to stop the other team and score the points but that is the only way we are gonig to win. We do need them to score points but I just don't think that we can ask that of them week in and week out. Yes they will score but they can't do it consistently.

1800CULPEPPER
12-09-2006, 11:31 AM
Hopefully, The Spark (TJack) will start. Score some TDs with our offence. Then we will not need our D to score to win.

VKG4LFE
12-09-2006, 11:59 AM
"cc21" wrote:

Asking are defense to score a touchdown each game is asking a little much I think. It is really difficult for a defense to score a TD. it doesn't happen very often. It is pretty sad that we need to rely on our defense to stop the other team and score the points but that is the only way we are gonig to win. We do need them to score points but I just don't think that we can ask that of them week in and week out. Yes they will score but they can't do it consistently.

I know it's very difficult for them to score, but's that's almost what it takes for the vikes to win. This weekend they should have an easier time moving the ball against the pathetic Lions, but they have been playing better, just to piss down their legs in the end.

Mr-holland
12-09-2006, 12:48 PM
Well let's first start with the offense before we start criticising on to D
the D had been great so far so i say that this article is shit

cajunvike
12-09-2006, 01:28 PM
Sad that the Offense can't do their job...heck, if they would score a few TDs a game and eat up the clock, the Defense could probably pitch a few shutouts (since they would be much better rested)!

michaelmazid
12-09-2006, 02:17 PM
its sad that its come down to our D trying to score. All I gotta say is lock up mike tomlin now cause every team is gonna be all over him.

umaguma1979
12-09-2006, 02:24 PM
Good point.....Tomlin has done a fine job.
I see the Vikings upgrading the End position (more Vetern depth) to supplement the talented injury-prone Udeze/Erasmus combo.
The Vikes may look to the draft to add depth to the linebacker position.
I'm sure Greenway will contribute next year, but he is forgotten right now.

Bretto
12-09-2006, 04:48 PM
Should we go for 3years in a row drafting a DE in the 1st?
::)

ultravikingfan
12-09-2006, 05:19 PM
"Bretto" wrote:

Should we go for 3years in a row drafting a DE in the 1st?
::)

Where in his post did he say "1st round"?

And it would not be 3 years in a row.
We did not draft a DE in the 1st last year.
We drafted a LB.

Bretto
12-09-2006, 05:53 PM
I wasn't making fun of the poster I was making light of the fact that the vikings have bad luck selecting DEs in the 1st round.
It was joke gezzzz

ultravikingfan
12-10-2006, 12:04 AM
"Bretto" wrote:

I wasn't making fun of the poster I was making light of the fact that the vikings have bad luck selecting DEs in the 1st round.
It was joke gezzzz

Well, when you added this
::), its hard to tell.

i_bleed_purple
12-10-2006, 12:46 AM
"Bretto" wrote:

It was joke gezzzz

i wouldn't call Erasmus a bad pick.
he showed his rookie year that he can be a good pass rusher.
injuries happen, i expect he'll come back next year and tear it up.

singersp
12-10-2006, 07:33 AM
"Bretto" wrote:

It was joke gezzzz

The DE's the Vikings drafted in the first since 2000 were;

Erasmus James

Kenechi Udeze

Kevin Williams

Bryant McKinnie

Dimitrius Underwood

With the exception of Underwood, I don't see anything unlucky about it.