PDA

View Full Version : Playoffs -Outside Looking In

RussC
12-03-2006, 08:10 PM
with the giants, san francisco, st louis all losing today, we are still statisically in it.

im not too hopeful after the amount of injurys/bust's/qb problems/turnovers.

our defense is stellar and our run game is huge.
why dont we have a field day and just run all day, might as well just hand it off too a steady dose of c.t, moore, and fason? <-- he had a huge game today.

anyways, still i dont think we have too much of a shot, but the rest of the nfc is sucking it up also.

ill be at the lions game next week, so im hoping to see some more changes.

but wow, good job D..
im sorry our O has to turn it over so much.

anyone else think they even have a slim chance?

x-ray jeff
12-03-2006, 08:18 PM
Hey,have fun at the Detroit game! Hope the Vikes can get a win. As for their chances of getting a wildcard,well....that sounds like math or something ,so I can't really say.

BadlandsVikings
12-03-2006, 08:19 PM
We can get in if we win the rest of our games, and a meteor kills the other wild card teams

RussC
12-03-2006, 08:25 PM
"WVV" wrote:

We can get in if we win the rest of our games, and a meteor kills the other wild card teams

sweet, we have a chance!

VikesfaninWis
12-03-2006, 08:29 PM
No way, no how.. The Vikings had no idea at all that the other NFC teams were going to lose today, and they fell flat on their faces.. They knew going into this game in Chicago that it was a must win in order to keep their playoff hopes alive, and what do they do? They suck it up in every way possible and lose the game..

It is like they don't care at all as long as those paychecks keep coming in.. Brad Childress absolutely sucks at play calling, and Brad Johnson is showing everybody exactly why it was that Washington, and Tampa Bay let him go.. He is a "old QB" that has lost a step or two when in his entire career he only had a step or two..

The Vikings IMHO, have no shot at making the playoffs this season.. They knew how important this game against Chicago was, and they messed it up like usual.. There are other teams that deserve it more, and at this moment, they should make it before the Vikings do.. This reminds me alot of those days like 2 years ago when they had Arizona beat to make it to the playoffs and they got lazy and ended up losing the game and not making the playoffs.. Or like the 98 NFC Championship game against the Giants when they got demolished at home knowing all that they had to do was stick to the gameplan that got them there and they would be in the SB.. They may have different players, a different owner, and different coaches, but one thing is the same, they play with no heart..

x-ray jeff
12-03-2006, 08:29 PM
"RussC" wrote:

"WVV" wrote:

sweet, we have a chance!
Have to check the NASA site for our chances.I think they track stuff like that.

idahovikefan7
12-04-2006, 02:02 AM
Yeah even if we some how did make wild-card, it would be a waist of time for our opponent. The offense has just played way too bad (worst redzone team in NFL) with BC's horrible calls when we actually do make it to the redzone.

Now is all I have to look forward to is watching my Boise State broncos smoke Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl.

GO BRONCOS

midgensa
12-04-2006, 02:26 AM
If we win out ... I feel like we have a legitimate shot to get in at 9-7 ... if the Panthers happen to lose to the Eagles on MNF, then the 5 and 6 seeds would be sitting at 6-6 and on pace for 8-8 ... I don't really like our chances at 8-8, but 9-7 seems quite possible as it would put us at 8-4 in the NFC giving us a nice tie-breaker over a handful of teams (Eagles, Giants, Falcons in particular).
We definitely have four winnable games, and a chance to make a run ... but I personally do not like our chances as a Wild Card going into either New Orleans, Dallas, or back to Seattle.
I still hold that glimmer of hope ... and it definitely is not IMPOSSIBLE like many will say ... it can become impossible pretty quickly with one more loss.

Prophet
12-04-2006, 08:32 AM
It's best to hang onto hope until death.
The offseason is already too long.

Freya
12-04-2006, 08:50 AM
"Acumen" wrote:

It's best to hang onto hope until death.
The offseason is already too long.

I agree. Hope is good.
I was watching a program on the Rams and Vermeil back in the late '90s. His 3rd year back, they finally won the big game. After 2 long poo years working on it. It made me even more hopeful for us.

cyviking
12-04-2006, 09:43 AM
There is no way this team makes the playoffs, there is no way this team wins 4 in a row. They have already proven they can not beat anyone with any kind of consistancy.

Just how I fell, im not even down on the team. I love the vikings and this is just not their year. Heers to next season (again) cheers. Unless the O all of a sudden finds itself at best we go 2-2 in the final 4 games.

Detroit- shoulda beat us in our house, almost beat NE.
NY Jets- a playoff hungry team that has beaten the Pats
Green Bay- Sickens me to say it but they beat us in our house why shouldnt they do it again.
St Louis- a pathetic team. They are the Vikings of the NFC West. (A team that should be good but stinks)

Just enjoy the rest of the football season it will be gone all too soon once again.
Go Vikings

cajunvike
12-04-2006, 09:52 AM
Way to stay positive!
LOL

AngloVike
12-04-2006, 04:47 PM
Well until the maths says otherwise then we have a chance. Having said that it would be a tall order for us to make it now but stranger things have happened.

FreakinVikingsBaby
12-04-2006, 04:54 PM
I say we're in a good position to make a SB run. Yeah whoo!!! Homerism all the way!!!!!

sleepagent
12-04-2006, 04:56 PM
"RussC" wrote:

with the giants, san francisco, st louis all losing today, we are still statisically in it.

why dont we have a field day and just run all day, might as well just hand it off too a steady dose of c.t, moore, and fason? <-- he had a huge game today.

anyways, still i dont think we have too much of a shot, but the rest of the nfc is sucking it up also.

but wow, good job D..

A chance to win 2 more . . . yes.

A chance to make the playoffs . . . nope.

vIker44
12-04-2006, 04:58 PM
"RussC" wrote:

but wow, good job D..

Simple equation, bubba, Tarv starts we are in......
BB starts 50/50 shot......
BJ starts we are done................

vikesoto
12-04-2006, 05:20 PM
No chance at the playoffs this season....Sad but true.....

Ltrey33
12-04-2006, 05:57 PM
"vIker44" wrote:

"RussC" wrote:

but wow, good job D..

You really expect us to win the rest of our games if Tarvaris is quarterbacking? I highly doubt that would happen. The kid is a rookie. He's going to make bad decisions and he's going to turn it over. Look at yesterday. He was in for 4 plays and turned it over. It happens to every rookie QB.

cajunvike
12-04-2006, 06:18 PM
"Ltrey33" wrote:

"vIker44" wrote:

"RussC" wrote:

but wow, good job D..

You really expect us to win the rest of our games if Tarvaris is quarterbacking? I highly doubt that would happen. The kid is a rookie. He's going to make bad decisions and he's going to turn it over. Look at yesterday. He was in for 4 plays and turned it over. It happens to every rookie QB.

So let him make his mistakes THIS season, we don't have much of a chance anyway...and if by some miracle he plays decently and we get in, then it's a BONUS!!!

WisconsinSucks
12-04-2006, 06:40 PM
Can we make the playoffs?
Absolutely.
Check out the schedules of the teams ahead of us.
They all play each other multiple times plus Dallas and New Orleans.
Someone has to lose.
I think 8-8 may make the playoffs.

Carolina -
Dec 4 @Philadelphia 8:30pm
Dec 10 N.Y. Giants 1:00pm
Dec 17 Pittsburgh 1:00pm
Dec 24 @Atlanta 1:00pm
Dec 31 @New Orleans 1:00pm

Giants -
Dec 10 @Carolina 1:00pm
Dec 17 Philadelphia 1:00pm
Dec 24 New Orleans 1:00pm
Dec 30 @Washington 8:00pm

Philly -
Dec 4 Carolina 8:30pm
Dec 10 @Washington 1:00pm
Dec 17 @N.Y. Giants 1:00pm
Dec 25 @Dallas 5:00pm
Dec 31 Atlanta 1:00pm

Atlanta -
Dec 10 @Tampa Bay 1:00pm
Dec 16 Dallas 8:00pm
Dec 24 Carolina 1:00pm
Dec 31 @Philadelphia 1:00pm

Perch56
12-04-2006, 06:44 PM
i dont think we have a chance maybe a slim one, if brad keeps playing crappy we definitly wont have a chance

HornedHat
12-04-2006, 06:45 PM
Ya know, I don't wanna limp into the playoffs just to get slaughtered. Just making the playoffs doesn't float my boat, unless it represents an upswing in performance leading into hope for next year, something I can't see if BJ is the QB. If either of the other two QBs are leading this team, and the offense finds a spark from them, then yeah; but not one of these lame, just made it performances from a lameduck, lame arm QB that I hope will NOT be the starter next year. Don't wanna see it. Give me my draft pick so I can get a WR, or, Lord help us, another O-lineman.

bRiNg_iN_ThE_hOrNs
12-04-2006, 06:48 PM
"VikesfaninWis" wrote:

No way, no how.. The Vikings had no idea at all that the other NFC teams were going to lose today, and they fell flat on their faces.. They knew going into this game in Chicago that it was a must win in order to keep their playoff hopes alive, and what do they do? They suck it up in every way possible and lose the game..

It is like they don't care at all as long as those paychecks keep coming in.. Brad Childress absolutely sucks at play calling, and Brad Johnson is showing everybody exactly why it was that Washington, and Tampa Bay let him go.. He is a "old QB" that has lost a step or two when in his entire career he only had a step or two..

The Vikings IMHO, have no shot at making the playoffs this season.. They knew how important this game against Chicago was, and they messed it up like usual.. There are other teams that deserve it more, and at this moment, they should make it before the Vikings do.. This reminds me alot of those days like 2 years ago when they had Arizona beat to make it to the playoffs and they got lazy and ended up losing the game and not making the playoffs.. Or like the 98 NFC Championship game against the Giants when they got demolished at home knowing all that they had to do was stick to the gameplan that got them there and they would be in the SB.. They may have different players, a different owner, and different coaches, but one thing is the same, they play with no heart..

I just wanted to make a correction..don't mean to offend..98 we lost to the Falcons with the missed field goal by Gary Anderson..2000 was when the Giants whooped us.
And I agree..we do not deserve a playoff spot. It's a waste of a spot- even if we got in we'd fall flat on our faces right off the bat. Next year. I'm ready to put TJack in and let him get some experience. And I wouldn't mind letting Fason pick up more carries, and give Chester time to heal up from the beatings he's had this season. I absolutely love Chester, and hope next year goes even better for him.

MplsViking
12-05-2006, 12:07 AM
For everyone who has given up on the season (maybe rightfully so), there is still hope for us vikes fans.
We are only 1 game out of the wildcard, with us being 5-7 and 4 teams being 6-6.
I know for a fact we hold the tiebraker against the Panthers, and our non conference record is fairly good, which matters in the standings.
So, before everyone gives up all hope on the season I just want you to know that we could still get to the playoffs.
Maybe we can win out (it is possible) and have a couple other teams drop some games, then BOOM, as John Madden would say, we are in the playoffs.
So, lets go Vikes, win out, make us all proud and lets get to the Playoffs!!!!! :)

Vikes
12-05-2006, 12:09 AM
What are you talking about?
We can RUN the ball we are fine. Minnesota makes the playoff's and some noise.

"MEN WE STAY THE COURSE"

"idahovikefan7" wrote:

Yeah even if we some how did make wild-card, it would be a waist of time for our opponent. The offense has just played way too bad (worst redzone team in NFL) with BC's horrible calls when we actually do make it to the redzone.

Now is all I have to look forward to is watching my Boise State broncos smoke Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl.

GO BRONCOS

MplsViking
12-05-2006, 12:10 AM
sorry, just noticed (I think) we're talking about this in another thread.
But, if I am wrong (which I don't think I am) feel free to reply to the VIKES having a shot at the playoffs in this thread

marstc09
12-05-2006, 12:11 AM
I believe we can make the playoffs by winning out but not with our current QB. I think we can all agree he lost that game for us, along with the special teams.

marstc09
12-05-2006, 12:17 AM
[/quote]

How many times has Brad fumbled and he is a vet?!.

Mikecarter81
12-05-2006, 12:26 AM
Whats this crap?
Hey if we are in, we have a chance!
I pull for the vikings make the playoff, if
not only to bloody a few noses before going out!

Mike

C Mac D
12-05-2006, 12:45 AM
"Mikecarter81" wrote:

Whats this crap?
Hey if we are in, we have a chance!
I pull for the vikings make the playoff, if
not only to bloody a few noses before going out!

Mike

*** I should not evade the word censor *** yeah

midgensa
12-05-2006, 01:14 AM
"bRiNg_iN_ThE_hOrNs" wrote:

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:

I just wanted to make a correction..don't mean to offend..98 we lost to the Falcons with the missed field goal by Gary Anderson..2000 was when the Giants whooped us.
And I agree..we do not deserve a playoff spot. It's a waste of a spot- even if we got in we'd fall flat on our faces right off the bat. Next year. I'm ready to put TJack in and let him get some experience. And I wouldn't mind letting Fason pick up more carries, and give Chester time to heal up from the beatings he's had this season. I absolutely love Chester, and hope next year goes even better for him.

Please mean to offend when correcting things such as this. He is trying to be a jerk ... and doing it highly inaccurately. We got demolished in 2000 (technically Jan. 2001) on THE ROAD by the Giants ... and we lost in 1998 at home against a VERY good Falcons teams (we still should have beaten them) And the Arizona loss was THREE years ago at the end of the 2003 season.
So take your no heart crap and overwhelming pessism and shove it if you cannot even get ONE of three huge games to happen in the last decade right.

Gift
12-05-2006, 06:49 AM
"Perch56" wrote:

i dont think we have a chance maybe a slim one, if brad keeps playing crappy we definitly wont have a chance
we don't have a chance if brad keeps playing period.

singersp
12-05-2006, 07:28 AM
Those of you who have given up on our team can spend your Sunday afternoons playing Madden & simulating what might of been.

I on the other hand will be watching & supporting my Vikings who are still in the wildcard hunt.

A change in QB could make a big difference in the final 4 games & until the season is over, I'll be there routing for them all the way.

Even if we take the last wildcard spot & lose in the first playoff game, I'll have the satisfaction that we made the playoffs & the Packers & several other teams did not.

There are 16 teams in the NFC. Those who make the playoffs, played good enough to get there. Those who don't make it, did not.

duvaldomo
12-05-2006, 08:19 AM
Well spoken. I just got my Direct T.V so now I can watch all of the vikings. We can still make it to the playoff, our match up games are somewhat hard but we can pull it off. Our defense is killing them but our offense is terrible, which can be improved.

Dekay
12-05-2006, 10:37 AM
I always always feel laughter when I see all negative Nancys in here. And always when I do I think of Dumb and Dumber:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lloyd: What are the chances of a guy like me and a girl like you... ending up together?
Mary: Well, that's pretty difficult to say.
Lloyd: Hit me with it! I've come a long way to see you, Mary. The least you can do is level with me. What are my chances?
Mary: Not good.
Lloyd: You mean, not good like one out of a hundred?
Mary: I'd say more like one out of a million.
[pause]
Lloyd: So you're telling me there's a chance.

cajunvike
12-05-2006, 10:46 AM
"singersp" wrote:

Those of you who have given up on our team can spend your Sunday afternoons playing Madden & simulating what might of been.

I on the other hand will be watching & supporting my Vikings who are still in the wildcard hunt.

A change in QB could make a big difference in the final 4 games & until the season is over, I'll be there routing for them all the way.

Even if we take the last wildcard spot & lose in the first playoff game, I'll have the satisfaction that we made the playoffs & the Packers & several other teams did not.

There are 16 teams in the NFC. Those who make the playoffs, played good enough to get there. Those who don't make it, did not.

True that, Singer!
;)