PDA

View Full Version : Time to pull a Washington...

cajunvike
11-19-2006, 05:53 PM
and see what TJ can do!

Stepping in and providing a spark to our offense might just boost his confidence and he just might win us a few games....can't hurt!

Mr. Purple
11-19-2006, 05:58 PM
I agree.I've tried to be patient with Brad Johnson, but he just isnt the right QB for this team right now.Our team is nowhere near superbowl status yet.Questionable receving corps, shakey right side of the O-Line.I could go on and on, but the point is I'd like to see what TJ can do.Its not going to hurt, it can really only make us better.Now dont get me wrong, he could step in and do an even worse job then Brad, but at this point does it matter?The NFC is weak and some 8-8 teams could slide into the playoffs, but can you see this team you saw today winning more then one playoff game? I cant.Put in TJ Childress.

MetalMike-LoudVike
11-19-2006, 06:02 PM
damn right we more than likely are out of playoff contention. huuummmm.... lets look to the future and see what this guys got but he will be much more mobile than brad is. why not give the guy a chance

Webby
11-19-2006, 06:48 PM
So could Brooks.
HA!
I love the singlemindedness!
:P :P

CCthebest
11-19-2006, 06:55 PM
Its time for Brooks, not TJ. If TJ is fully healthy, maybe he can play the last 2 games. Bench Grandpa Johnson and give him a cusion for the benchwarming.

PurplePeopleEaters
11-19-2006, 07:01 PM
I agree. Whether it's brooks or Tarvaris we need a change at QB. I'm really eager to see Tarvaris for the future of this team and since the season is pretty much over why not?

And think about it. What better time to throw in Tarvaris or Brooks then against the worst team in the NFL? It will be half as embarrassing if our newly started QB loses the game against them. C'mon Childress.. it's time for a change.

cajunvike
11-19-2006, 07:17 PM
"Webby" wrote:

So could Brooks.
HA!

But do we really care how well Brooks plays?
I know that I don't!

ultravikingfan
11-19-2006, 07:21 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:

"Webby" wrote:

So could Brooks.
HA!

I know that I don't!

But we do not know how Jackson plays.
Either way, it's a gamble.
I heard he has not healed completely.

BadlandsVikings
11-19-2006, 07:24 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:

"Webby" wrote:

So could Brooks.
HA!

I know that I don't!

I'm sure you would if he was taking the snaps.

PurplePeopleEaters
11-19-2006, 07:28 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"cajunvike" wrote:

"Webby" wrote:

So could Brooks.
HA!

I know that I don't!

It's not a gamble if we have nothing to lose. If he's not fully healed he won't play but I think the fact that he's been active shows that he is healthy right?

ultravikingfan
11-19-2006, 07:36 PM
"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"cajunvike" wrote:

"Webby" wrote:

So could Brooks.
HA!

I know that I don't!

It's not a gamble if we have nothing to lose. If he's not fully healed he won't play but I think the fact that he's been active shows that he is healthy right?

A probable player is injured but still active.
Why risk hos future?

singersp
11-19-2006, 08:26 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:

and see what TJ can do!

Stepping in and providing a spark to our offense might just boost his confidence and he just might win us a few games....can't hurt!

And stepping in only to lose might just shred any confidence he might have & ruin
his future years or setting him back.

Despite the fumbles & the pick, I thought we played better as a team than last week. Some slants were thrown that gained us some good yardage, Tomlin finally got some pressure on the QB & made some minor adjustments on the zone coverage, but it should have been done earlier.

Receivers didn't drop as many passes. The only one T-Will lost was a little behind him up on the pads, but still not an easy catch. The O-Line actually looked better on the left side. Smoot had some nice plays. We got a turnover & put the ball in the endzone 3 times.

You also need to consider, despite Miami's record, they have the 2nd rated defense. Second only to the Bears. It was the 2nd best defense we faced all year & scored 20 points on them. If it was not for Miami's potent defense, we walk out of there with a 20-10 victory.