PDA

View Full Version : Official Post Game Comments and Rants

ultravikingfan
11-19-2006, 04:05 PM
Man, I am so mad.
What an aweful game!

-Chester fumbles, ugh.
-We get good field position on a Moore return and a Winfield INT...FG's!
-Then, when we are in hurry up with the clock running out...we throw it in the middle for only a few and burn time off the clock!
Throw the dang ball away!!!
OMG...terrible offensive management.
-Troy Williamson....this guy is flat out aweful.
Bench his sad butt.

(I was happy with AW, that's it)

BadlandsVikings
11-19-2006, 04:07 PM
100 million dollar sack of crap.

Ultra thanks for your sig, it made me laugh.

RussC
11-19-2006, 04:10 PM
im really upset they didnt go for a td on that 4th and 1,,, if they would have they could have just tied the game instead of losing by four,
i mean they go for 4th and 1 on there own 26 or whatever.

man im thinking b. chill. has to start being a littttttle bit more aggressive. especially in the red zone.

another loss. heres four in a row.

bye bye playoffs.

Purplemania
11-19-2006, 04:11 PM
Agian a game lost by Childress idiotic playcalling. What are we doing with swing passes on 3rd and long. The defense played great and did their job once agian.

Forget this, I'm calling for Childress' head....I don't want to watch the next 2 years of the Vikings with a super conservative calling the plays. Either get a damn offensive coordinator or get a new HC.

IpartyWithSmoot
11-19-2006, 04:12 PM
Im embarrsed. Thats all I can say..

HornedHat
11-19-2006, 04:13 PM
Crap. What the heck is going on here? I'm wondering, can we trade Williamson? Of course not. THIS is the one team I wanted to beat. Instead, I have to keep hearing how this game was dedicated to Daunte. Salt in the wound. This team is carrening out of control. No deep ball? C'mon coach. Get Bollinger in there.

sdvikefan
11-19-2006, 04:14 PM
Come on guys, give me a break…would you put the ball in the hands of a QB who can’t make an accurate pass to save his life, to a bunch of receivers whose fingers are apparently made of butter?
If I was Childress, Chester Taylor is the only guy on this team I would trust to gain yardage…the coach can’t help it if his players suck…we need a new offense, not a new coach…keep Childress, lose the scrubs that pretend to be our passing game.

Muggsy
Ok, youse mugs, listen up!

Dis season is ovah, y'know? I ain't seen anyting comin' from da coachin' ta make me tink uddawise, y'know?
We ain't da most talented team out deah, but wit' whut we got, we should be doin' a heck of a lot bedda than dis, y'know?

Goin' for a field goal on da one yard line, after we went for a foist down on 4th down in our own territory, whut's wit dat, y'know?

Dis team is about ta crash an' boin', big time.
No leadahship, no offensive coachin', an no one steppin' up to bring da team tagedda.

It's no longah a competitive season, jus' a rebuildin' season, y'know?
I should nevah had gotten me hopes up 'bout it.
Da Vikes, hah, dey'll jus' break ya heart.

Maybe next year....
:-\

alberta_vike
This offense could not be any worse. They need to make some sort of a change, whether it's o-line, QB, receivers, whatever. It can't get much worse. Even on a day like today, when they had their moments of moving the ball pretty well, they have no ability to finish. If the defense gets you the ball inside the 5, you have to get a TD out of it.

I hate to rip on the defense, as they are the only bright part the last few weeks, but something has to change in respect to the pass defense. We get no rush, which we have to against QBs like Harrington. Not only that, but people seem to have found the soft spots in the zone. Start using some man or something.

I know I don't know nearly as much about football as the coaching staff, but it doesn't take a genius to see that something needs to change.

It can't get much worse.

skum
Ok, First of all..

1. Turnovers.. Chester Taylor fucked us this time.. Brad did a little too.. But you cant pu tthe CT fumbles on him.. and he fumbled when we had the lead and lost it.. if we would have scored on those drives.. we would have closed to game..

2. Pass D - I guess it was ok, because without fumbles and shit.. they had 10 points.. - But we need to play with far less cushion..

3. Offense.. Ok - We get Marcus Robinson back.. AND used him 1 time or so..

4. Offensive Line.. - Ok.. Anyone calling for Artis Hicks head.. should watch the replay and have your eyes on Jason Whittle.. he suuucks.. Where's Herrera?? - Also.. Whats up with Marcus Johnson having an ok game.. did false start once, and then he just gets benched.. thats whats disrupts a team..

-----

Good things

Charles Gordon played good

Defense held them to 10 points..

HUSTLE! Jeff Dugan

Webby
11-19-2006, 04:17 PM
Sad Sad Sad.
We had the game and gave it away with turnovers.

shockzilla
11-19-2006, 04:19 PM
ONCE AGAIN we had to rely on the defense to win the game. They did their job, and the offense absolutely STUNK UP THE JOINT. Mistakes Mistakes Mistakes...

I say bring back Tice.

Seriously though, something has GOT to be done with play-calling, and Troy Williamson needs to be benched. Period.

Ltrey33
11-19-2006, 04:20 PM
I disagreed with some of the play calls today, passing when I thought we should have run, running when I thought we should have passed, but you can't put all of the blame on Childress. Once again, his play calling had us in a position to win.

Two fumbles by Taylor were huge. He's been so reliable all year, and then he coughs up two in one game. Ugh!

Williamson: Another great drop on a crucial third down. Anyone out there still defending him?

The defense did their jobs again. They gave up negative rushing yards and only 250 yards total, and on top of that they forced 2 turnovers. I'm still not incredibly happy with the pass defense, but there's no doubt the D did us enough to win us this game.

At this point, I don't know WTF to do. We're 4-6, and let's face it, the odds are stacked pretty dang high against us as far as the playoffs go. I think the season is done.

I don't think Brad was necessarily responsible for today's loss, but I think we need Brooks or Tarvaris in there just to add some spark and motivate this team once again. Look what a backup did for Dallas. Maybe it's not too late to salvage some dignity.

Purplemania
11-19-2006, 04:20 PM
"sdvikefan" wrote:

Come on guys, give me a break…would you put the ball in the hands of a QB who can’t make an accurate pass to save his life, to a bunch of receivers whose fingers are apparently made of butter?
If I was Childress, Chester Taylor is the only guy on this team I would trust to gain yardage…the coach can’t help it if his players suck…we need a new offense, not a new coach…keep Childress, lose the scrubs that pretend to be our passing game.

I want to see Travaris play...and I want to see him play next week. No more Brad Johnson and don't put in Bollinger either. You drafted this kid for the future and the future needs to start asap.

Troy Williamson just need to get his frickin head in the game.

ConnecticutViking
11-19-2006, 04:21 PM
No receivers = No vertical threat!
T. Taylor played well, but there is absolutely no one else to throw the ball to!
I MEAN HOW MANY TIMES ARE YOU GOING TO HIT YOUR BACKS IN THE FLAT?
TOO MANY MISTAKES!

PurplePeopleEaters
11-19-2006, 04:21 PM
Well, it's officially rebuilding time. Start a new QB, brad is going to have to retire after this year. No point in keeping him in now. I'm eager to see what Bollinger has personally, maybe a Tony Romo/ Matt Schaub type player?

I didn't think the game today was all that bad until the 4th quarter. We had some stuff going in the 3rd and could have taken a TD lead. Chester single handedly lost the game for us with his two fumbles. Travis looked good when he got some looks as did bethel for the 2nd week. Troy dropped another open pass and i'm sad to say that he may be done in the NFL barring a huge turn around in his ability. I liked seeing Whittle and Rosenthal in there on the right side and i would love to see Cook get some snaps at guard in the upcoming weeks.

Just always remember what goes around comes around and we WILL be good in a year or two, maybe as soon as next season. We just have to be patient and wait until Tarvaris starts... we're going to get a good draft pick this year the way things are going and lucky for us this draft is stacked full of great talent at Wide Receiver. Our defense is just plain awesome. Two stats stand out to me- leads the league in 3 -and-outs and averages 66 yards per game on the running side, first in the league. If i'm not mistaken, we're going to have that entire defensive unit back next year, or at the least most. If we have a chance to keep that amazing defense, fix up the holes in the passing D, get some Stud wide receivers in free agency and the draft, and fix up the deep threat game with a mobile quarterback with a big arm *cough cough* we will be a force to be reckoned with.

SKOL and keep your heads up.

KrackerJack
11-19-2006, 04:22 PM
Okay...we suck...our QB sucks or O-line sucks....we just suck....if you wanna know why i say that just look at my post in the No Confindence topic....i don't wanna type all that again....good bye playoffs!

nailscoop55
easiest shcedule in november in the nfl and our win total in november is ZERO i want to slit my wrist

HornedHat
Its time for Bollinger. Brad can't throw past the sticks, and his recievers can't catch it when he does. Get Brooks behind center and more plays for Bethel, Wiggy and MRob. And what about Carter. At this point, we need to see what these guys got, cause the ones we've been using are pathetic. Troy? What a waste he has turned out to be. Give Bethel his shot at the first team and let Troy return kicks. What a minute. Just put Troy on the bench and forget about him.

Ayresd
11-19-2006, 04:23 PM
Diabolical. Thats all that can be said.

Brad Johnsons 'legs' are weak we all know that but this is about play-calling and has been since the bye week.

Zygi needs to step up now and stretch his authority by admitting Childress' 'west-coast' is not working.

For Gods sake Arizona must be licking thier lips.

RussC
11-19-2006, 04:25 PM
look it sucks, but its not that bad. relax. did you really think we were a playoff team this year anyways?
get real.

we know what we have to do to get better, and im sure we will.

FedjeViking
11-19-2006, 04:28 PM
"Webby" wrote:

Sad Sad Sad.
We had the game and gave it away with turnovers.

I miss the game today, but this tells me all I need to know after seeing the score.

I'll add...figures figures figures.

ultravikingfan
11-19-2006, 04:28 PM
"RussC" wrote:

look it sucks, but its not that bad. relax. did you really think we were a playoff team this year anyways?
get real.

Regardless of playoffs, we lost to San Fran (they suck), we lost to GB at home (humiliating) and we lose to the Dolphins (suicide watch).

RussC
11-19-2006, 04:29 PM
wow did the nfc ever suck it up hard today. maybe we are still in a potential wild card spot??

Potus2028
11-19-2006, 04:29 PM
need a QB and a WR.. that's all we need.. an offense.. the Oline has its moments, and with some confidence, can really do well..

no bollinger.. i dont like him.. TJack is our future, if he's healthy, put him in

and for goodness sake, draft some WR's!

RussC
11-19-2006, 04:31 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"RussC" wrote:

get real.

Regardless of playoffs, we lost to San Fran (they suck), we lost to GB at home (humiliating) and we lose to the Dolphins (suicide watch).

dolphins beat the bears and the kansas city cheifs, they werent a push over.
as for the other two, i agree.

Ltrey33
11-19-2006, 04:31 PM
"RussC" wrote:

get real.

Hell yes we thought we were a playoff team! With this defense? Are you kidding me? It's an atrocity NOT to make the playoffs with the best running defense in the league. All our offense has had to do is NOT lose us the game, and they've failed miserably. We would have beat Chicago but we fumbled it away. We should have beat Buffalo, but Marcus dropped a surefire TD. We should have beat San Fran but we couldn't move the ball against the worst defense in the NFL and Troy dropped a touchdown. Finally, we should have beaten the Dolphins but we fumbled the ball away twice and threw an INT. Our defense and our playcalling have had us in POSITION to win every week, but our offense has not executed and has cost us games. We SHOULD have expected to go to the playoffs with this defense and a quarterback that supposedly would take care of the ball.

Ltrey33
11-19-2006, 04:33 PM
"Purplemania" wrote:

"sdvikefan" wrote:

I want to see Travaris play...and I want to see him play next week. No more Brad Johnson and don't put in Bollinger either. You drafted this kid for the future and the future needs to start asap.

I know we're not big on spelling police, but he's a Vikings player. It's Tarvaris.

RussC
shoulda woulda coulda. we lost all those games with inconsistancy, something you will probably see with first year coaches and assistants.

audioghost
"RussC" wrote:

get real.

Why wouldn't we think this is a playoff team...we have one of the best defenses in the league and the team has made significant free agent signings 2 years in a row....there's no reason they should be this bad right now...none

RussC
11-19-2006, 04:35 PM
"audioghost" wrote:

"RussC" wrote:

get real.

Why wouldn't we think this is a playoff team...we have one of the best defenses in the league and the team has made significant free agent signings 2 years in a row....there's no reason they should be this bad right now...none

defense wins championships huh.... somehow this statement i beg to differ.

Gift
11-19-2006, 04:37 PM
The Vikes just has to stay the course.

Offense
•BJ is never to blaim for anything he does, good game manager & all.

•T-will should spend an extra 15 minutes a day working on his catching and maybe CT should stay 5 minutes after practice holding a football, that will fix his fumble problem.
•O-line, we payed 100mil for this group so they must be good. Also, putting a TE against a great DE like taylor is something you will find in every good game plan.

Defense
The problem here is we are not throwing enough soft zones at them & our CB's need to give the oposing teams wr's a little more space at the line of scrimage.

STAY THE COURSE!

audioghost
11-19-2006, 04:37 PM
Its hard to blame Brad...I mean, look at this pic of him after the game...who could be mean to this guy....?

http://www.rehacare.de/cache/pica/2/0/8/6/276851115644961/alter_Mann_Gehhilfe_200.jpg

kramer9guy
11-19-2006, 04:38 PM
OK, well...it looks like our playoffs hopes are all but completely dashed at this point. Sad but true. I think that there are just too many negatives on both sides of the ball that are simply holding us back from winning games. I see the same thing week after week but I don't see any real changes being made and now it seems that it is too little too late to turn the season around.

Glaring mistakes today:

- our piss poor pass defense (deja vu)
- our piss poor pass blocking (deja vu)
- Chester's fumbles
- our inability to score TD's in the redzone

(I'm not even going to mention Williamson's drop or specifically Marcus Johnson's horrible blocking and penalty since those things are expected at this point)

Kudos:

- the play of Jeff Dugan (well done)
- finally replacing Marcus Johnson with Rosenthal (never thought I'd say that)
- getting Wiggins the ball more this game (he should have been a bigger target weeks ago when Williamson started to suck it)
- the play of Mewelde and Bethel on special teams and on offense, but too little too late

Purplemania
11-19-2006, 04:41 PM
"Ltrey33" wrote:

"Purplemania" wrote:

"sdvikefan" wrote:

I know we're not big on spelling police, but he's a Vikings player. It's Tarvaris.

No I believe it's Travaris.

Here are a couple of links in case you don't believe me.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/9370926
http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=106&p=8&c=1&yr=2006&nid=2499513
http://www.twincitiesminnesotablog.com/2006/04/minnesota_vikin.html

And if you play Madden '07, you will see that it's Travaris also.
;)

BadlandsVikings
11-19-2006, 04:43 PM
Can we hire an offensive coordinator now?

Ltrey33
11-19-2006, 04:48 PM
"Purplemania" wrote:

"Ltrey33" wrote:

"Purplemania" wrote:

"sdvikefan" wrote:

;)

Actually, it's not.

Yahoo.com: Tarvaris (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7813)
NFL.com Prospect Profile: Tarvaris (http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2006/jackson_tarvaris)
NFL.com: Tarvaris (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1107218)
Alabama State University Website: Tarvaris (http://bamastatesports.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/jackson_tarvaris00.html)

Official NFL Players Website: Tarvaris (http://www.nflplayers.com/players/player.aspx?id=38317)

And on my version of Madden, it's Tarvaris.

I'm not being a dick, but I think his name should be spelled right.

audioghost
11-19-2006, 04:49 PM
"Purplemania" wrote:

"Ltrey33" wrote:

"Purplemania" wrote:

"sdvikefan" wrote:

;)

K....how bout these tho newb

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2006/jackson_tarvaris
http://bamastatesports.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/jackson_tarvaris00.html
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/draft/prospect?contentId=5527492
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/2006/draft/players/25996.html
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7813/
http://vikings.scout.com/2/571592.html
http://www.nflplayers.com/news/news_release.aspx?id=5191

Tarvaris...not Travaris....get it right

Gift
11-19-2006, 04:50 PM
damnit just call him TJ or T-jack

thats what i do when i don't know how to spell peoples names

PAvikesfan
11-19-2006, 04:51 PM
no playmakers + no scoring = another loss

continue this for the rest of the season = 4-12

way too conservative to win anything.

Ltrey33
11-19-2006, 04:52 PM
"Gift" wrote:

damnit just call him TJ or T-jack

thats what i do when i don't know how to spell peoples names

Maybe we don't wanna!
;D TJ is alright...I think T-Jack sounds gay.

audioghost
11-19-2006, 04:53 PM
Anybody ever think about playing Mewelde at WR? Might sound crazy but this offense is based on YAC and he brings that more than anyone we have on this team right now!

vikinggreg
Let Bevell game plan and run the offense against the Cards and let Bollinger start that game, I want to see if these guys are worth having around.
What we've done so far hasn't worked and it is time to retool now and this is what we have.
The line might be better if we had a QB that can move a bit and secondaries might respect the unkown more than the 3 yard checkdown.

ultravikingfan
"Purplemania" wrote:

"Ltrey33" wrote:

"Purplemania" wrote:

"sdvikefan" wrote:

;)

LOL!

If it's in Madden it must be right!
:D

FedjeViking
11-19-2006, 04:55 PM
"audioghost" wrote:

"RussC" wrote:

get real.

But defense can't win games by themselves, although they sure have been trying.

The O line had better get their stuff together! And don't blame Brad, it's a team out there...he needs for them to act like one.

Whoever is coaching the offensive line isn't doing a very good job of getting them to work together. Until they do, yes this team can and is this bad right now.

I don't like it either...but I live with it.

audioghost
11-19-2006, 04:55 PM
I have a problem with Bollinger as our #2 QB basically cuz he didnt earn it one bit.....Jackson played spectacular in the preseason and earned that spot fair and square and was #2, ahead of Bollinger till he got injured. I think thats Jacksons spot...he earned it...

Gift
11-19-2006, 04:58 PM
"audioghost" wrote:

I have a problem with Bollinger as our #2 QB basically cuz he didnt earn it one bit.....Jackson played spectacular in the preseason and earned that spot fair and square and was #2, ahead of Bollinger till he got injured. I think thats Jacksons spot...he earned it...
At this point, I don't really care who starts, aslong as its not BJ.

Purplemania
11-19-2006, 05:01 PM
"audioghost" wrote:

"Purplemania" wrote:

"Ltrey33" wrote:

"Purplemania" wrote:

"sdvikefan" wrote:

;)

Okay so...what. I have links and you have links. How about you call him Tarvaris and I'm going to go ahead and stick with Travaris.

Del Rio
11-19-2006, 05:01 PM
As long as they do not think he is 100% with the knee TJ will not see the field this season and that is the right thing to do.

Brooks Bollinger will play next week I bet.

vikes09
11-19-2006, 05:02 PM
"Ayresd" wrote:

Diabolical. Thats all that can be said.

Brad Johnsons 'legs' are weak we all know that but this is about play-calling and has been since the bye week.

Zygi needs to step up now and stretch his authority by admitting Childress' 'west-coast' is not working.

For Gods sake Arizona must be licking thier lips.

what system do you what them to go to?!?!?!?! changing schemes in the middle of the season is an horrific idea. let them get good at 1 system before we start calling for childress' head.

and "since the bye week" we creamed seattle!

sleepagent
11-19-2006, 05:03 PM
Surprised the Vikes lost?
No.
Disappointed the Vikes lost?
Yes.

Minnesota is a franchise that is full of excuses for not winning.

Someone needs to fix that!
:'(

Purplemania
11-19-2006, 05:10 PM
"audioghost" wrote:

word

Ayresd
11-19-2006, 05:13 PM
Vikes09

Our season has just ended. Reality Check.

Brad Johnson is finished at the end of this season and will serve as a back up veteran.

Seattle, uuummmm... Seneca Wallace, hardly the same team.

Change the system by bringing players in to play it then. Wiggins etc,etc,
thats what the WCO is about.

I dont want our team playing softball, no-one fears us, we need to be in their face.

The sooner it changes the sooner we will win, Childress shouldv'e done changes from the Pats game !!!

COJOMAY
11-19-2006, 05:14 PM
I've been defending BJ all season, blaming a lot of his mistakes on poor offensive pass blocking. And we have to all admit, that was (is) a big problem. But after his showing today I am ready to concede to the rest and say put in Bollinger. But I really wonder how much good he will do with our terrible corp of receivers who can't seem to get open long to save their lives.

ultravikingfan
11-19-2006, 05:15 PM
"Purplemania" wrote:

"audioghost" wrote:

"Purplemania" wrote:

"Ltrey33" wrote:

"Purplemania" wrote:

;)

Okay so...what. I have links and you have links. How about you call him Tarvaris and I'm going to go ahead and stick with Travaris.

Dude, one of yours is a blog written by some schlub.

People make mistakes.
Check the offical Vikings roster then report back to us.

DPep11
11-19-2006, 05:24 PM
I thought last weekend was the weekend I matured as a Vikings fan. I didn't let a loss to the PACKERS bother me, and this week I find this loss to be funny. I know it may sound weird, but I guess letting this joke of a team get to you is not worth it. Put in guys that are our future and look forward to the draft and next season.

vikings1962
11-19-2006, 05:46 PM
I have been a Fan since birth, this is typical vikings to predictable and conservative.....same story.
This team only changes after it has be beaten bad for some time.
I hope this team allows tj to be the QB to see if there is great potential or do we need to draft a nother QB.

Mr Anderson
11-19-2006, 05:50 PM
WE SUCK.WE SUCK.WE SUCK.WE SUCK.WE SUCK.WE SUCK.WE SUCK.WE SUCK.WE SUCK.WE SUCK.WE SUCK.WE SUCK.WE SUCK.WE SUCK.WE SUCK.WE SUCK.WE SUCK.WE SUCK.WE SUCK.WE SUCK.WE SUCK.WE SUCK.WE SUCK.WE SUCK.WE SUCK.WE SUCK.WE SUCK.WE SUCK.WE SUCK.WE SUCK.WE SUCK.WE SUCK.WE SUCK.WE SUCK.WE SUCK.WE SUCK.WE SUCK.WE SUCK.WE SUCK.WE SUCK.WE SUCK.WE SUCK.WE SUCK.WE SUCK.WE SUCK.WE SUCK.WE SUCK.WE SUCK.WE SUCK.WE SUCK.WE SUCK.WE SUCK.WE SUCK.WE SUCK.WE SUCK.WE SUCK.WE SUCK.WE SUCK.WE SUCK.WE SUCK.WE SUCK.WE SUCK.WE SUCK.WE SUCK.WE SUCK.WE SUCK.WE SUCK.WE SUCK.WE SUCK.WE SUCK.WE SUCK.WE SUCK.WE SUCK.WE SUCK.WE SUCK.WE SUCK.WE SUCK.WE SUCK.WE SUCK.WE SUCK.WE SUCK.

That's about as intelligent of a response I can give after that game so thoroughly dumbed me down.

SWAYZE74
11-19-2006, 05:52 PM
ugh...the fumbles stunk...yes..we all agree...but think of what TJ coulda done on the runs that brad busted off...BJ reminds me of the duck a blind guy could hit at the carnival...thats just me...flame away... :P :P :P

peace...

x-ray jeff
11-19-2006, 06:14 PM
All I got to see was the last 2 minutes.as the Vikings drove for that meaningless TD.
THAT WAS UGLY...I didn't really expect them to beat the Dolphins,as they are on a winning streak and the Vikings are on a losing streak,but I still always have that little shred of hope.
The only real bright spot on this team is the run defense...I was actually surprised they held Brown to so few yards. It's hard to find any other positive things to say about this team.

Freya
11-19-2006, 06:34 PM
Did anyone notice a lack of running plays in the last drive? This, imo, was
a deviation from the norm. Just an observation, really. But I've been wondering if it had anything to do with the fumbles on Chester.
It didn't seem to me to be because they were trying to get out of bounds to manage what time they had left.

mnjamie
11-19-2006, 06:38 PM
"Purplemania" wrote:

"audioghost" wrote:

word

wurd

Freya
11-19-2006, 06:44 PM
On the positive side the D-line was awesome. Minus yards on the ground for the Phins........ That's some good stuff, dangit.

CCthebest
11-19-2006, 06:52 PM
Brad Childress has ut to gether a terrible offense. Terrible. He is a terrible play caller. He hasnt instill any sense of pride or disciple.

Brad Johnson should be replaced next week. He is terrible. He even had more time this week to throw but hes inaccurate, and has no arm. He is terrible at managing the team. All the reasons he was named our main QB, and hes terrible at them all. Too many FG's. In one word, our offense is terrible.

Our defense isnt as good as alot think. Yes we can stuff the run, but the cover 2 isnt working. Surprised Miami got away from their 1st half game plan. We have no pass rush whatsoever for the 4th game in a row. They only get pressure with a blitz.

The fat lady has sung. Wonder what Childress has in store for us.

Prophet
11-19-2006, 06:56 PM
Are the Vikings the first team in history to hold a team to negative yds rushing and still lose?

BadlandsVikings
11-19-2006, 07:01 PM
"Acumen" wrote:

Are the Vikings the first team in history to hold a team to negative yds rushing and still lose?

Vikings have managed to do a lot of things to lose.
I must like torture.
:P

Freakout
11-19-2006, 07:04 PM
It really sucks but I'm not ready to all it's the end of the world.

The truth is teams with new coaches normally need a year to adjust.
The coaches have to weed out the weak links and upgrade.
I never expected us to be better than a .500 team until I read Childress hyping this season up.
Reality has set back in now and I remember that this is a process.

Brad Childress has definately had some rookie like moments but I still don't believe he is the problem.
To be fair we lack the talent to be much more than a conservative football team.
We don't have the talent at the right positions to take chances and turn the ball over.
I also has to believe he can see this.
There is a reason we have tried out so many recievers and linemen.

I mean going into the season we were clearly counting on Koren (a mistake) to be a big part of our recieveing core.
Travis Taylor and Marcus Robinson are no better than 3rd or 4th recievers at best but here we are counting on them to be our top two guys.

Williamson has turned out to be a colossal bust.
That wasn't exactly something you would have expected.

Chester has been solid for us most of this season but he doesn't really have big play potential.
He's a hard worker but teams aren't really scared of him.

Brad Johnson has been horrible.
His complete lack of mobility makes it easy for defenses to defend us.
Add in the fact that our recievers aren't the greatest and that gives you a recipe for disaster.

The left side of our O-line has been pretty good.
Certainly it could play better but compared to our right side it has been amazing.
Marcus Johnson has constantly killed us on the right side.
I remember everyone talking about his potential....I'm still waiting for it to kick in.

Defensively we have been solid but there are still problems.

Our DE's just cannot seem to get any pressure on the QB.
Eramus was showing some good signs of it before he went down.
Udeze is however average.
I had big hopes for him coming out of college but I have yet to see anything.

Linebackers have stepped up for the most part but we still need a upgrade here.
I like what I have seen from Napo this season.
EJ has been ok but I was expecting a little more from him since he had such a great training camp.

As for our secondary, I love Sharper and Winfield but I strongly believe we have to upgrade Smoot and Smith.
Those two have blown way too many big plays this season.

nflvikings4455
11-19-2006, 07:18 PM
The vikes offense is really bad with johnson in there, its run, run, pass, punt

Time to make some changes and maybe put bollinger in..

Ltrey33
11-19-2006, 07:38 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"Purplemania" wrote:

"audioghost" wrote:

"Purplemania" wrote:

"Ltrey33" wrote:

;)

People make mistakes.

Did it for you. Vikings official site: http://www.vikings.com/player_detail_objectname_Tarvaris_Jackson.html

Now spell his fucking name right!

Suick
11-19-2006, 07:49 PM
The secondary looked horrible in the 1st half, but seemed to have gelled in the 2nd.

Why?

Hawgski
11-19-2006, 07:59 PM
"Freya" wrote:

On the positive side the D-line was awesome. Minus yards on the ground for the Phins........ That's some good stuff, dangit.

OK, stopped the run...but how many sacks...how much pressure without a blitz...pretty bad.

Guruzen
11-19-2006, 08:28 PM
As an "offensive guru", Brad Childress has been a total flop. It's the coach's job to get the players ready to play and when I look at our underachieving offense I can't help but think how good they would be under a better coach.

Childress has no passion and no fire... all he has is his stupid "system" which is outdated. I agree that as the new coach he deserves the benefit of the doubt, but he inherited a playoff contender not a cellar dwelling doormat. Expectations for a new coach are always low in the first year but this is a different situation.

fishbelly
11-19-2006, 08:34 PM
I wonder what WR's will be eligible for free agency for pick up by next season? It be nice to have at least one solid threat at WR.
It's definately time for a change. The thing just ain't workin'.
The game was flat out frustrating to watch.
Wonder what will happen next week?

singersp
11-19-2006, 08:45 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

-Then, when we are in hurry up with the clock running out...we throw it in the middle for only a few and burn time off the clock!
Throw the dang ball away!!!
OMG...terrible offensive management.

Not to mention they were slow getting to the line & getting the plays off when precious seconds were ticking away with two score needed.

Did anyone besides me see how many seconds ticked off the clock at the ends of the plays they
called time out on before they finally called the timeouts?

singersp
11-19-2006, 08:46 PM
Despite the fumbles & the pick, I thought we played better as a team than last week. Some slants were thrown that gained us some good yardage, Tomlin finally got some pressure on the QB & made some minor adjustments on the zone coverage, but it should have been done earlier.

Receivers didn't drop as many passes. The only one T-Will lost was a little behind him up on the pads, but still not an easy catch. The O-Line actually looked better on the left side. Smoot had some nice plays. We got a turnover & put the ball in the endzone 3 times.

You also need to consider, despite Miami's record, they have the 2nd rated defense. Second only to the Bears. It was the 2nd best defense we faced all year & scored 20 points on them. If it was not for Miami's potent defense, we walk out of there with a 20-10 victory.

LuckyVike
11-19-2006, 08:55 PM
"singersp" wrote:

Despite the fumbles & the pick, I thought we played better as a team than last week. Some slants were thrown that gained us some good yardage, Tomlin finally got some pressure on the QB & made some minor adjustments on the zone coverage, but it should have been done earlier.

Receivers didn't drop as many passes. The only one T-Will lost was a little behind him up on the pads, but still not an easy catch. The O-Line actually looked better on the left side. Smoot had some nice plays. We got a turnover & put the ball in the endzone 3 times.

You also need to consider, despite Miami's record, they have the 2nd rated defense. Second only to the Bears. It was the 2nd best defense we faced all year & scored 20 points on them. If it was not for Miami's potent defense, we walk out of there with a 20-10 victory.

Sorry but I just can't look at the good concerning this team anymore.
We're playing horrible and can't win a game anymore.

Gift
11-19-2006, 09:03 PM
"LuckyVike" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

Agreed, and I think excuse time ended with green bay.

singersp
11-19-2006, 09:15 PM
"mnjamie" wrote:

"Purplemania" wrote:

"audioghost" wrote:

word

wurd

Beg to differ with you, but Bollinger wasn't even on the team until the day the last preseason game was played, August 31. He earned the #2 spot over Mann & O'Sullivan.

singersp
11-19-2006, 09:25 PM
"Ltrey33" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"Purplemania" wrote:

"audioghost" wrote:

"Purplemania" wrote:

;)

People make mistakes.

Did it for you. Vikings official site: http://www.vikings.com/player_detail_objectname_Tarvaris_Jackson.html

Now spell his fricken name right!

It's Tarvaris! End of story.

http://www.simsclassicsports.com/products_pictures/092806/IMGP0232.jpg

Prophet
11-19-2006, 09:26 PM
"LuckyVike" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

I'm still not a doom and gloomer.
As the season wears on there are obvious problems, but none are beyond repair.
The time-frame is still within a few years for pulling together a respectable team that plays with consistency.

Offense:

The first drive was sustained with a nice mix of passes and rushing resulting in a TD.
The second drive was killed by a sack for -8 yds.
The third drive was killed by an M. Johnson false start.
The fourth drive was killed by a Whittle false start.
The 5th drive was killed by a sack.
The sixth drive resulted in a FG.
The seventh drive was killed by yet another Williamson drop.
The eighth drive resulted in a FG (INT, should have been run in for a TD).
The ninth drive resulted in Jason Taylor stripping the ball out of C. Taylor's grasp.
The tenth drive resulted in another fumble by C. Taylor.
The eleventh drive was a three and out.
The twelth drive was a Jason Taylor INT on a screen play.
The thirteenth drive was sustained (too damn much time) for a C. Taylor TD.

In summary:
1: TD
2: sack
3. penalty
4. penalty
5. sack
6. FG
7. Drop (Williamson)
8. FG (should have been TD)
9. Fumble (good move by J. Taylor)
10. Fumble (bad move by C. Taylor)
11. Phins D shut 'em down
12. INT
13. TD

Correctable?
Items 3,4,7,8,10,12.
That is, if any of those events, all easily correctable, didn't happen the Vikings would have left with a W.

The Chicken Littles are permeating the site.
I don't buy into it for a second.
The Vikings were only OWNED one game this year, and that was by the Patriots.
They are not far from righting their track.
Will it happen this year?
Odds are against that happening, but they will improve.
There was some juggling around on the O-line tonight and T. Taylor appeared to pull his head out of his ass.
Why T. Williamson isn't benched is beyond my understanding.
The changes in the lineup will continue.

Anyone that thought/thinks the Vikings were going deep into the playoffs this year needs to lay off the magical mushrooms.
On the same token, anyone that thinks the season is over is equally down the hallucinogenic path.
This season has been and will continue to be a pendulum where the weaknesses and strenths of the future will be determined.
Every game we learn more about the new-look Vikings and how the management deals with the situation.
We will see what the team is made of during adverse times, I find it to be an extremely interesting time.
I cannot think of one time I was extremely interested in the team for the long-term when Tice was leading the team.
Some of you think the same about Childress, it is impossible to think more myopically than to judge Childress' success/failure halfway into his first season.

BadlandsVikings
11-19-2006, 09:29 PM
"singersp" wrote:

"mnjamie" wrote:

"Purplemania" wrote:

"audioghost" wrote:

word

wurd

Beg to differ with you, but Bollinger wasn't even on the team until the day the last preseason game was played, August 31. He earned the #2 spot over Mann & O'Sullivan.

I'll give you 2 pokemon cards and a bag of lint for your Tarvaris card

Prophet
11-19-2006, 09:32 PM
"WVV" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"mnjamie" wrote:

"Purplemania" wrote:

"audioghost" wrote:

word

wurd

I'll give you 2 pokemon cards and a bag of lint for your Tarvaris card

Singersp, don't cloud the argument with facts.

Tarvaris is still injured last update I heard.
He and Childress said he wasn't ready.
When he's ready he'll play.

VKG4LFE
11-19-2006, 09:51 PM
I am so effing pissed off I don't even know what to say! I guess if you get what you wish for you lose other things. We always wanted a defense, we finally have it and now we have nothing on offense. How are we not gonna score on 1st and goal from the three!!! This team is extremely frustrating! With me going to the game next week, we better get a W against the hapless Cardinals!

FinNasty23
11-19-2006, 11:45 PM
Good game guys.

How about those defenses???
This game surely wasnt about offense, thats for sure... lol.
You guys held Ronnie to nothing.
He was hurt going into the game... but I expected more than that.

On the other sideline, JT was a mad man like he has been all year.

Like I predicted... it was going to come down to which ever defense made more plays.
One hell of a battle guys... good game.

CCthebest
11-20-2006, 12:20 AM
Acumen

Why do you have such faith in Childress. Ever since he was named head coach you sound like you think he knows what hes doing. What has he done to earn your trust. You think within a few years hes going to be this great HC. Why?

Is it the way he runs this offense? He sucks at it. Is it his choice in QBs (backups included)? His play calling? His discipline? His draft choices? What? Do you have faith in him just because he was named our HC? His muschtace? I really want to know cause i love the Vikes and I want to know what to expect if Childress is actually good. I cant stand the thought of him running my vikings for a few more years.

BTW, this isnt a rip or flame on Acumen. He seems to know his stuff and I want to know why he supports Childress all the time.

Purple_Hope
11-20-2006, 12:28 AM
I think Acumen said it best. We need to wait it out. Be patient and see how they finish the season, hopefully we end it on a positive note. We're not ready for the Big Game. But I think we're on the right path. Great teams don't happen over night.

i_bleed_purple
11-20-2006, 12:28 AM
nasty you better resize that sig before the mods see you!!!

PAvikesfan
11-20-2006, 01:12 AM
childress deserves some credit...
we beat three playoff teams from last year.
something tice could never have done with this offense.
washington, panthers and seattle...
the ladder two are in front to go to the playoffs.

give him some time and hopefully he makes better choices this offseason and goes for some power and pizzaze at the skill positions.

runtheball
11-20-2006, 01:21 AM
You know with a rookie head coach and a new system I really did not expect much from the Vikes this year. What I did expect to see is for the team to start slow , improve and finish strong.
What concerns me is we seem to be regressing not improving. We keep making the same mistakes over and over.

ultravikingfan
11-20-2006, 05:15 AM
"CCthebest" wrote:

Acumen

Why do you have such faith in Childress. Ever since he was named head coach you sound like you think he knows what hes doing. What has he done to earn your trust. You think within a few years hes going to be this great HC. Why?

Is it the way he runs this offense? He sucks at it. Is it his choice in QBs (backups included)? His play calling? His discipline? His draft choices? What? Do you have faith in him just because he was named our HC? His muschtace? I really want to know cause i love the Vikes and I want to know what to expect if Childress is actually good. I cant stand the thought of him running my vikings for a few more years.

BTW, this isnt a rip or flame on Acumen. He seems to know his stuff and I want to know why he supports Childress all the time.

It's his first stinking year!
That's all you need to know.

digital420
11-20-2006, 05:29 AM
"CCthebest" wrote:

Acumen

cc,

First off what do you expect from a rookie HC?
an instant playoff we're gonna win the S.B run?

there is a lot to being a HC we prolly don't even know about.. infact.. B.chill isn't doing worse then most rookie HC's.
and if we finish with a near 500 record. i'll be elated!!

ok it's dissapointing to see us loosing this year, but man.. new system, new coaches, new players. if u had 1 of the 3 new it's a challange, u have 2 of the 3 new.. and it's a miracle if u do great.. all 3 new.. and anything above a .500 season is history making.
name me 1 team who had all 3 aspects of their franchise new and we'll discuss why u HATE childress more.

untill then.. cut some slack..

and if u want to know why we support them.. cause he's the HC of the ViKiNGS and win or loose.. he's gonna be supported in that role!!!

DiGiTaL

singersp
11-20-2006, 06:22 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"CCthebest" wrote:

Acumen

And the mustache. Always have faith in the guy with the mustache!

You have to give the guy a few years to make it happen. Childress is not the only new coach on the team. There is new coaching personnel at every facet on the team & they are also trying to instill a new offense & defensive scheme. While I don't buy into or agree with some of his playcalls, we have to give him at least a couple of years to make it work.

We know the knew offensive scheme is complicated & it has been said that it can take up to a year to learn, so lets wait it out at least another year.

The one thing that bothers me about that is if it is that difficult to learn, that means anyone we bring in here might have a one year learning curve. Perhaps that is why he brought in the ex-Philly players. IMO if you invest a learning year into a player & he ends up being good at it, you better lock him up for the long haul. With FA being what it is today & 1, 2 & 3 year contracts, it's possible to lose a player after you've invested a great deal of time in him. It also means any FA player you bring in here on offense, might not make an immediate impact.

AngloVike
11-20-2006, 06:41 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"CCthebest" wrote:

Acumen

The days of new coaches coming in and turning a team around in one season are few and far between - thats not to say that they don't happen but are rare. So by that it then means that the majority of new HC's starting will take longer than one the season - the odd exception being the likes of Les Steckel who clearly were out of their depth.
That means being patient and giving Childress time to get things running as he wants them to do. Despite what people think about the team that he inherited it was not a good team. The defence was suspect and couldn't keep the points conceded down, the offense was only mediocre and not blowing anyone away. We now have a defence that is vastly improved - yes I say that even though they are still shaky against the pass. These days I don't cringe and want to hide the moment I see them take the field. The offense is a work in progress, we finally have a decent RB that can get yards and isn't always injured. The OL has been upgraded with Hutch coming in but he can't do it all himself and we have the chance to ease in a QB rather than throwing them in as has happened before.
I'm happy to give him time to see what develops - just hope others do as well.

El Vikingo
11-20-2006, 07:12 AM
Bunch of cowards,"lets play that fucking 4Th and 1 in the 4th Q"",Childress:"no,no lets make a punt and put all the pressure in our D,they have to recover some ball or make a safety,they play fine but dont recover the ball never,what a sad defense we have!!!"

I hate our O,we play like cowards ,run ,run and pass,always the same.
Why we neveer try a 40 yds pass? U win games gaining yards,not making 2nd and 7,3rd and 6,long drives for what?for winning 27 yards in 8 minutes,and put our D in trouble,taking field disadvantage continuosly .This last 3 games has killed me.

Our surprise factor is ridiculous,we never try large passes,we play with no risks and always a
L,Lets play risking,be conservative for what?
I cantspeak with none here in Spain,cos none knows this sport ,and
Every Sunday I am really frustated ,and finish the nigth arguing with my girlfriend.

I dont know why I love so much this fucking team,and I dont know why always have
faith in the next match.

Next station Cardinals 2-8 ,what is next?

Sorry for my poor englih anyway.

Prophet
11-20-2006, 07:50 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"CCthebest" wrote:

Acumen

I have given reasons for my support in numerous posts, you have hated him since your first post after he was deemed HC.
I have supported him due to not believing the bullshit about his playcalling (I posted a thread showing that the playcalling people are pulling that information out of their ass rather than supporting it with real information) and I have posted in other threads showing how he has worked his way up through the ranks to become an HC (unlike Tice did).
If you want me to start on the hate bandwagon then show me some reasons to hate him.
The guy is part way through his first year as HC and you're calling for his head?
That is insane,
If you were the owner Bud Grant would have been canned.

Zeus
11-20-2006, 07:52 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

(I was happy with AW, that's it)

Thanks, Ultra.
I thought I had a pretty good game, too.

=Z=

digital420
11-20-2006, 08:44 AM
here are some post game comments.

Vikings - Fins
1st Downs 25 15
Rushing

Passing

Penalty

3rd-Down Conversions 5-17 5-13
4th-Down Conversions 4-4 0-0

we beat them.. our O our produced theirs..
but again we found it difficult to finish off hte drives.. and 2 costly turnovers cost us the game..

break this down..

ViKiNGS vs fins

Net Yards Rushing 114 -3
Rushes

35 14
Avg. Per Rush

negetive rushing????
does anyone remember WHEN the last time the Vikes caused real FEAR in the NFL for it's Rush Defence???? we are not just the best vs the rush.. noone's saying they will come to the vikes game and have a balanced go.. teams abandon the run.. they STOP trying!!! i'm very very very happy with this!!

Vikes vs fins
Net Yards Passing 247 254
Comp.-Att.

26-44

26-42
Yards Per Pass

Sacked-Yards Lost 3-15 0-0
Had Intercepted

very even.. and productive.. not amazing but both teams moved the ball in the air. for all those who are gonna say that either QB should be benched, bla bla..
seems to me that the D's made life hard.. but the game had good flow.

and here's why we lost.

Vikes vs fins

Touchdowns 2 3
Rushing

Passing

Other

we got bit by the turnover scoring bug.
it $%!#$%! stings.. ask the kitties.. ask Carolina.. loosing to turnover td's like those really hurt..

now that logic is outta the way.. all i can say is that instead of ranting and screaming.. i'm gonna look for the + in every game.. i have lost my expectations, but not my eagerness to watch the games. I'm excited to see what this new era will bring.
I know the last few games are gonna be hard to swallow.. but if we Beat the garbagebay, bears, and kitties before the end of the year.. i'll be estatic!!!!

rant1
:
4-1... on the 1... !#$^@!#^ GO FOR IT!!!
our D coulda gotten a possible saftey.. and u are forcing them to go 100 yrds!!!.. should be a no brainer!!!

rant2 :
who the !#$^@$^!#^ $! goat #$@^ ! @ $!^#$ drank my coffee!!!

DiGiTaL

Del Rio
11-20-2006, 08:52 AM
More of the same. Penalties, turnovers, weak zone.

Execution. The players need to execute better. I have a feeling Brooks Bollinger will be playing here real soon.

Freya
11-20-2006, 08:59 AM
Execution on a consistant level. First drive; good. What happens?

I thought I read somewhere that they "choreograph" the first drive of the game. Most times it results in a score, albeit most times only 3 point. They can't possibly know more about what the defense will do on the first drive than the last, so I don't get why between the first and last drives they struggle so much.

Del Rio
11-20-2006, 09:48 AM
"Acumen" wrote:

"LuckyVike" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

I'm still not a doom and gloomer.
As the season wears on there are obvious problems, but none are beyond repair.
The time-frame is still within a few years for pulling together a respectable team that plays with consistency.

Offense:

The first drive was sustained with a nice mix of passes and rushing resulting in a TD.
The second drive was killed by a sack for -8 yds.
The third drive was killed by an M. Johnson false start.
The fourth drive was killed by a Whittle false start.
The 5th drive was killed by a sack.
The sixth drive resulted in a FG.
The seventh drive was killed by yet another Williamson drop.
The eighth drive resulted in a FG (INT, should have been run in for a TD).
The ninth drive resulted in Jason Taylor stripping the ball out of C. Taylor's grasp.
The tenth drive resulted in another fumble by C. Taylor.
The eleventh drive was a three and out.
The twelth drive was a Jason Taylor INT on a screen play.
The thirteenth drive was sustained (too gol 'darnit much time) for a C. Taylor TD.

In summary:
1: TD
2: sack
3. penalty
4. penalty
5. sack
6. FG
7. Drop (Williamson)
8. FG (should have been TD)
9. Fumble (good move by J. Taylor)
10. Fumble (bad move by C. Taylor)
11. Phins D shut 'em down
12. INT
13. TD

Correctable?
Items 3,4,7,8,10,12.
That is, if any of those events, all easily correctable, didn't happen the Vikings would have left with a W.

The Chicken Littles are permeating the site.
I don't buy into it for a second.
The Vikings were only OWNED one game this year, and that was by the Patriots.
They are not far from righting their track.
Will it happen this year?
Odds are against that happening, but they will improve.
There was some juggling around on the O-line tonight and T. Taylor appeared to pull his head out of his jiggly butt.
Why T. Williamson isn't benched is beyond my understanding.
The changes in the lineup will continue.

Anyone that thought/thinks the Vikings were going deep into the playoffs this year needs to lay off the magical mushrooms.
On the same token, anyone that thinks the season is over is equally down the hallucinogenic path.
This season has been and will continue to be a pendulum where the weaknesses and strenths of the future will be determined.
Every game we learn more about the new-look Vikings and how the management deals with the situation.
We will see what the team is made of during adverse times, I find it to be an extremely interesting time.
I cannot think of one time I was extremely interested in the team for the long-term when Tice was leading the team.
Some of you think the same about Childress, it is impossible to think more myopically than to judge Childress' success/failure halfway into his first season.

You speak the truth. Every game this team is making crucial mistakes. Only one game we got blown out. We are on the cusp of turning it around, but in order to do that the players need to execute and minimize mistakes.

FinNasty23
11-20-2006, 10:12 AM
"digital420" wrote:

here are some post game comments.

Vikings - Fins
1st Downs 25 15
Rushing

Passing

Penalty

3rd-Down Conversions 5-17 5-13
4th-Down Conversions 4-4 0-0

we beat them.. our O our produced theirs..

but again we found it difficult to finish off hte drives.. and 2 costly turnovers cost us the game..

break this down..

ViKiNGS vs fins

Net Yards Rushing 114 -3
Rushes

35 14
Avg. Per Rush

negetive rushing????
does anyone remember WHEN the last time the Vikes caused real FEAR in the NFL for it's Rush Defence???? we are not just the best vs the rush.. noone's saying they will come to the vikes game and have a balanced go.. teams abandon the run.. they STOP trying!!! i'm very very very happy with this!!

Vikes vs fins
Net Yards Passing 247 254
Comp.-Att.

26-44

26-42
Yards Per Pass

Sacked-Yards Lost 3-15 0-0
Had Intercepted

very even.. and productive.. not amazing but both teams moved the ball in the air. for all those who are gonna say that either QB should be benched, bla bla..
seems to me that the D's made life hard.. but the game had good flow.

and here's why we lost.

Vikes vs fins

Touchdowns 2 3
Rushing

Passing

Other

we got bit by the turnover scoring bug.
it $%!#$%! stings.. ask the kitties.. ask Carolina.. loosing to turnover td's like those really hurt..

now that logic is outta the way.. all i can say is that instead of ranting and screaming.. i'm gonna look for the + in every game.. i have lost my expectations, but not my eagerness to watch the games. I'm excited to see what this new era will bring.
I know the last few games are gonna be hard to swallow.. but if we Beat the garbagebay, bears, and kitties before the end of the year.. i'll be estatic!!!!

rant1
:

4-1... on the 1... !#$^@!#^ GO FOR IT!!!
our D coulda gotten a possible saftey.. and u are forcing them to go 100 yrds!!!.. should be a no brainer!!!

rant2 :
who the !#$^@$^!#^ $! goat #$@^ ! @ $!^#$ drank my coffee!!!

DiGiTaL

Ya, our offense really stuggled today.
You did a great job on defense, especially when stopping the run.
I never would have thought we would have ran for negative yards...
:-\

But our defense played outstanding too... and ended being the difference in this game.
JT is unstoppable this season...
8)

Marrdro
11-20-2006, 10:13 AM
"CCthebest" wrote:

Acumen

I for one am still willing to give him a chance.
This is a learning year for him to, however, I think his biggest problem with the Offense is that I do not believe he has the skilled players at the right positions to fit his scheme.
He has a good start on fixing the Oline (right side needs a bit of a tweek/experience), he has the running back, but he still needs/wants a QB that can move around a bit and of course some WR's that can get separation and catch the ball.

We keep giving Tomline all the credit for the D (and he does deserve alot) but it was Childress who tagged him for the job.

CCthebest
11-20-2006, 10:55 AM
We have to give him a chance. Its not a choice for us. What I was wonderings is what people are basing thier opinions that in the next
few year Childress can turn things around. He was invisible in Philly. People thought of him like we do Bevell.

Childress has gone from ok to terrible this season. His offense cant score red zone points. They cant make thrid down conversions. They are resigned to punting and making FG's. This is Childress's fault. We need to find the guys who can make the plays. Not stick with the same thing because its part of the plan. And to some this means that in a few years hes going to have the Viles back on track? To me this means we will have a football team playing in the cellar every year.

Prophet
11-20-2006, 11:00 AM
"CCthebest" wrote:

We have to give him a chance. Its not a choice for us. What I was wonderings is what people are basing thier opinions that in the next
few year Childress can turn things around. He was invisible in Philly. People thought of him like we do Bevell.

Childress has gone from ok to terrible this season. His offense cant score red zone points. They cant make thrid down conversions. They are resigned to punting and making FG's. This is Childress's fault. We need to find the guys who can make the plays. Not stick with the same thing because its part of the plan. And to some this means that in a few years hes going to have the Viles back on track? To me this means we will have a football team playing in the cellar every year.

The main difference is that Childress, or any good HC, plays to the strength of the players.
When Tarvaris comes in I guarantee you won't see the same set of plays, that's elementary.
Anyone that judges an HC halfway through their first season needs to reconsider their thinking process.
To me there are many, many question marks.
I do know that the Vikings have been in every game with the exception of the Pats whether the team was good or bad.
They will come around.

Marrdro
11-20-2006, 11:26 AM
"Acumen" wrote:

"CCthebest" wrote:

The main difference is that Childress, or any good HC, plays to the strength of the players.
When Tarvaris comes in I guarantee you won't see the same set of plays, that's elementary.
Anyone that judges an HC halfway through their first season needs to reconsider their thinking process.
To me there are many, many question marks.
I do know that the Vikings have been in every game with the exception of the Pats whether the team was good or bad.
They will come around.

I agree with Acumen.
I do not think the Offense we are seeing this year is what Brad had in mind.
Hopefully through Free agency and the draft next year the offense can improve just like the defense did this year.

Big C
11-20-2006, 11:44 AM
I think the playcalling was a step up from last week. What we lacked yesterday was execution. We had 2 fumbles and an interception. We had both Troy and Wiggins drop key third down passes. That is 5 drives killed by poor execution. That is NOT the HCs fault.

Positives:
- The defense held their own with Whitaker and Gordon playing DB.
- Jeff Dugan impressed at FB.
- Memo is back to his explosive self. He made a lot of good plays on the limited time he had.
- Bethel Johnson is a great kick returner.
- Troy demoted to #4 WR. About bloody time.

Suick
11-20-2006, 12:15 PM
What I don't understand is, if we make a team one dimensional, which we CERTAINLY did by stuffing the run, then why did Harrington :-X rip the secondary to shreds?

Not enough pass rush?

Slow DB's?

Bad scheme?

Prophet
11-20-2006, 12:35 PM
"Suick" wrote:

What I don't understand is, if we make a team one dimensional, which we CERTAINLY did by stuffing the run, then why did Harrington :-X rip the secondary to shreds?

Not enough pass rush?

Slow DB's?

Bad scheme?

Good questions.
The stats for BJ and Joey were very similar:

BJ 26/44 262 yds 0TDs 1INT
Joey 26/42 254 yds 1TD 1INT

Can't get much closer than that.
I was thinking before the game that it was BJ vs Joey because both team's run D's are top shelf.
The Viking rushed for over 100 yds while the Phins rushed for negative yds.
That alone is an anomoly in the game, has that ever happened before?
A team rushing for over 100 yds while holding their opponent to negative yds and still losing?
The Phins D turned up the heat in the 4th Qtr while the Vikings' D didn't.

The beginnig of the 4th qtr the score was 10-10.

The Vikings ended the 3rd with a Winfield INT and took a FG when I think they should have gove for the TD.
Score: 13-10

The next posession the Phins go three and out.

The next posession Jason Taylor strips the ball out of C. Taylor's hands on 1st and 10 after a 5 yd gain.
That was an awesome play by J. Taylor.

The Phins go three and out.

Vikes pick up a first down on a Dugan pass and the next posssesion is a fumble by C. Taylor and run back by the Phins for a TD.
Score 13-17

Vikes punt on 4th & 1 from their own 39 yd line.

Phins manage to get a first down, but have to punt it away.

Vikes start off moving the ball then J. Taylor fades back on a screen and picks it off for a TD.
Score 13-24.

Vikes are sitting at an 11 pt deficit with 3:20 left on the clock.
They move the ball down the field with a lazidazical approach effectively eating up the whole clock resulting in a TD with :01 left on the clock.
Score 20-24.

The 4th quarter is where the game was decided.
J. Taylor made two nice plays with the strip on Chester and the fade back on the screen for the INT/TD.
C. Taylor made one boneheaded fumble and the clock management going down the stretch was a joke due partially to not having a viable QB/receiving corps threat.

To me, the game was lost by the Phins D stepping up and getting the job done in the 4th...in spite of Joey.

singersp
11-20-2006, 07:14 PM
"Marrdro" wrote:

I for one am still willing to give him a chance.
This is a learning year for him to, however, I think his biggest problem with the Offense is that I do not believe he has the skilled players at the right positions to fit his scheme.
He has a good start on fixing the Oline (right side needs a bit of a tweek/experience), he has the running back, but he still needs/wants a QB that can move around a bit and of course some WR's that can get separation and catch the ball.

We keep giving Tomline all the credit for the D (and he does deserve alot) but it was Childress who tagged him for the job.

Not only is this a learning year for Childress, it's a teaching year as well. Everyone has had to learn new schemes including the veteran players, rookie players & the coaching staff.

There's a lot of things going on behind the scenes for everyone. New schemes, new plays, new methods of executing plays, new players, new coaches, new roles.

It will take some time to get clicking on all cylinders. It's difficult to make that happen in just 14 weeks.

BearsFanGrrrr
11-20-2006, 10:54 PM
And you all thought you were going to run with DA BEARS for the NFCN ?
::)
Silly vqueens, the NFCN belongs to DA BEARS !

GO BEARS !
" 9 an 1 " BABY !
8)

BrooksBollingerForQB
11-20-2006, 11:35 PM
"BearsFanGrrrr" wrote:

GO BEARS !
" 9 an 1 " BABY !

8)

I didn't, but I did think the lions had a legimite shot to better the us, so i was wrong about that.

Prophet
11-21-2006, 07:24 AM
"BearsFanGrrrr" wrote:

GO BEARS !
" 9 an 1 " BABY !

8)

You remind me of the buzzing misquito in the tent...the one that haunts you all night long and you just can't kill it.
Eventually it dies, but it can't be soon enough.

vikes09
11-21-2006, 10:52 AM
"Ayresd" wrote:

Vikes09

Our season has just ended. Reality Check.

Brad Johnson is finished at the end of this season and will serve as a back up veteran.

Seattle, uuummmm... Seneca Wallace, hardly the same team.

Change the system by bringing players in to play it then. Wiggins etc,etc,
thats what the WCO is about.

I dont want our team playing softball, no-one fears us, we need to be in their face.

The sooner it changes the sooner we will win, Childress shouldv'e done changes from the Pats game !!!

is our season over? are people throwing in the towel with games still to be played? maybe that could be the reason why no one wants to win right now. there's still a chance, and thats what i'll hold on to at this point.

when we played seattle we won. that's good enough for me.

bringing in players at this point is either impossible or not worth it. and about using wiggins more, if the old players were in a relatively good position to make a play they would. what if teams are realizing we have a WCO and covering our TE considernig he's an important part of our offense! (brilliant!)

being a #1 rush defense could be considered getting in someones face, but our offense cant worth a darn. our problem, is it running the plays or childress' system/playcalling?

all i'm saying is if we stick it out things will be better in the long haul than if we changed mid-season or bring in a new scheme after the season regardless if our season MIGHT be in jeoprady.

Prophet
11-21-2006, 02:51 PM
from TMQ (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=easterbrook/061121)

Sweet 'N' Sour Play No. 2: Earlier this season, Jason Taylor, who has been playing like a linebacker in Miami's hybrid 3-4, saw a tight end sneaking into the flat, followed him, intercepted a short pass and returned it for a touchdown. Now it's Miami 17, Minnesota 13 with 3:39 remaining and the Vikings have the ball on the Marine Mammals' 47. Minnesota calls screen left; Taylor rushes left against very highly paid Hyperboreans tackle Bryant McKinnie; when McKinnie super-backpeddles as if he wants the Miami rusher to follow, Taylor senses a trick and turns around, seeing the screen man. Interception returned for a touchdown, icing the contest. That was sweet. From the point Taylor sensed the screen, the very highly paid McKinnie stopped trying to block him. After the interception McKinnie just stood there, making no attempt to chase the play. That was seriously sour.

AngloVike
11-21-2006, 03:04 PM
"Acumen" wrote:

"BearsFanGrrrr" wrote:

GO BEARS !
" 9 an 1 " BABY !

8)

You remind me of the buzzing misquito in the tent...the one that haunts you all night long and you just can't kill it.
Eventually it dies, but it can't be soon enough.

well fingers crossed global warming will come into play soon..... still nice to know that schools allow special needs children access to the web

Purple Kool Aid
11-22-2006, 04:13 PM
I love drinking the purple kool aid, but this offense is really hard to watch.
I did some statistical research (http://purplekool-aid.blogspot.com/) and found that when you give FGs/return TDs to the special teams and defensive TDs/safeties to the defense the Vikings offense accounts for less than half of our total points (and that includes PATs with whoever scored the TD).
49.1% and league average is just over 69%.

MN and Oakland are the only teams under 50% and Buffalo is the only team to join them under 60%.

Bal D has more Def TDs and they sit at 62.6%
Chi has 2 return TDs and the leading FG kicker - 62.1%

There is no excuse for this terrible production.
What is the cause?

Childress?
Johnson?
the receivers?
O-line?
penalties?

probably all of the above, but when things are this bad change just for the sake of change might be a legit option.

NodakPaul
11-22-2006, 04:26 PM
You need to go visit Mr. Postive Fan.
;D
http://www.purplepride.org/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=150&?topic=29343.msg500838;topicseen#new

Braddock
11-23-2006, 11:46 PM
Just wait till T-Jack starts, Williamson will be better next year (sophomore slump), with Carter on the roster, andif we draft Manningham, we'll have B.Johnson, Troy, Carter,Manningham.....greatest WR corps ever (here it come....) with TJack at the helms, and hopefully a revamped right side and pass defense, we'll be unstoppable. GO VIKES!