PDA

View Full Version : Stadium Deal At Flash Point

singersp
11-17-2006, 08:01 AM
Vikings agree to downtown stadium study (http://www.startribune.com/510/story/815570.html)

The team will help with a plan that includes redevelopment near the Dome - and a retractable roof.

Paul Levy and Mike Kaszuba, Star Tribune staff writers
Last update: November 16, 2006 – 11:46 PM

NordicNed
11-17-2006, 08:48 AM
I really don't care what they do, open air or retractable.....Just get the dam deal done......We need a new stadium and soon..... >:(

AngloVike
11-17-2006, 08:52 AM
So whereabouts in downtown would that be ?
I know the area where the Dome is but not sure what is to east or north of it - as I'm assuming that's where they be looking

cajunvike
11-17-2006, 09:54 AM
They could always tear down those nasty high-rise projects over near the Holiday Inn Metrodome...I had a WONDERFUL view of them during my last stay there! :(

cajunvike
11-17-2006, 09:56 AM
The roof...the roof...the roof is on rollers...
We don't want no open roof...let the MF roll...
Roll, MF, roll !!!

singersp
11-18-2006, 08:41 AM
Stadium Deal At Flash Point (http://vikings.scout.com/2/591981.html?refid=400&CMP=OTC-K9B140813162&ATT=5)

Posted Nov 18, 2006

The Northern Lights complex, which would be a $1 billion complex that would include a Vikings stadium, has been losing steam for the last couple of months. The Vikings now have explored options in Minneapolis, which might take the Anoka County option off the table.

whackthepack
11-18-2006, 11:40 AM
"AngloVike" wrote:

I know the area where the Dome is but not sure what is to east or north of it - as I'm assuming that's where they be looking

The area to the Northwest of the Metrodome there are 5 blocks that is owned by the StarTrib and that is the land that is being talked about for the new stadium.

singersp
11-18-2006, 12:09 PM
"whackthepack" wrote:

"AngloVike" wrote:

The area to the Northwest of the Metrodome there are 5 blocks that is owned by the StarTrib and that is the land that is being talked about for the new stadium.

That still does not tell us which direction is north. Is north the side facing DomePlus, the side the tram stps at, the side where Huberts is or the side where the players park?

snowinapril
11-18-2006, 12:12 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:

The roof...the roof...the roof is on rollers...
We don't want no open roof...let the MF roll...
Roll, MF, roll !!!

Serve it up on a pu-pu platter you blood hound. LOL!

whackthepack
11-18-2006, 02:37 PM
"singersp" wrote:

"whackthepack" wrote:

"AngloVike" wrote:

That still does not tell us which direction is north. Is north the side facing DomePlus, the side the tram stps at, the side where Huberts is or the side where the players park?

Towards The Spaghetti Factory is north, Huberts is south to south west.

singersp
11-19-2006, 06:56 AM
Anoka County to rethink stadium funding (http://www.startribune.com/510/story/819957.html)

With news of team interest in a downtown Minneapolis stadium, an Anoka County official wonders if it's time to pull the plug on the county's project.

Paul Levy, Star Tribune
Last update: November 18, 2006 – 1:00 AM