PDA

View Full Version : What is a troll? (Lets explore the phenomenon)

LuckyVike
11-12-2006, 04:23 PM
Since the beginning of internet forums, some people have been identified as "trolls" because of their actions.
Throughout the course of time, it seems the definition of these "trolls" has been lost.
This cutting edge photo has been developed to clear a few things up.

http://homepages.bw.edu/~gwalton/funnies/files/troll.jpg

As you can see, apparently on this very board, someone whom has degraded many members to the title of "troll" fits a few of these techniques.
Wow, how amazing, just as this thread is being made, a "troll" is attacking me:

ultraviking : LOL!
ultraviking :
:'(
LuckyVike : leave me alone ultra
LuckyVike : man... blow off
ultraviking : LOL!
ultraviking : Sure takes a long time for that!
LuckyVike : yea...
ultraviking : A intelligent thought?

Notice how I am degraded and ridiculed.
I'm sorry I have to cut this exciting lesson off kids but I fear for my I.P. address may be banned so good day.

BadlandsVikings
11-12-2006, 04:27 PM
a troll is a person who enters an established community such as an online discussion forum and intentionally tries to cause disruption, most often in the form of posting inflammatory, off-topic, or otherwise inappropriate messages.

LuckyVike
11-12-2006, 04:28 PM
"WVV" wrote:

a troll is a person who enters an established community such as an online discussion forum and intentionally tries to cause disruption, most often in the form of posting inflammatory, off-topic, or otherwise inappropriate messages.

Thank you for your contribution to this study.

BadlandsVikings
11-12-2006, 04:32 PM
A troll is person who threatens to overdose on coffee :)

LuckyVike
11-12-2006, 04:38 PM
"WVV" wrote:

A troll is person who threatens to overdose on coffee :)

;D That's going to be fun!

ultravikingfan
11-12-2006, 04:55 PM
Well, since the entire Berserker was not posted (only what he wants you to read) I will choose to take the high road on this and not comment since it blindly one-sided in his favor.

Webby
11-12-2006, 04:59 PM
Agreed, and thank you.

I will now lock this.

SKOL