PDA

View Full Version : Official Post Game thoughts, rants, and observationa



ultravikingfan
11-12-2006, 04:05 PM
Ok, I have lost faith in the playcalling.
Not everything is Brad's fault, but it needs to improve.
Some of the sacks where not Brad's fault; the protection was terrible today.

Defensively we are not going to get Brett to give us the ball back when we do not get any pressure on that goon.
We did ok with the D, but we did give up big plays and got killed across the middle.

I liked how Cedric Griffin played.
I know Smoot was out for legit reasons, but I would not mind seeing Griffin start for Smoot.

Webby
11-12-2006, 04:10 PM
And the game ball goes to Artose Pinner for costing us the game on two terrible penalties.

alberta_vike
11-12-2006, 04:14 PM
It's time to let Bollinger start at QB. Brad isn't completely to blame, but the offense needs some sort of change.

The defense was OK, but let too many big plays go and too many third down conversions after good stops on first and second down.

Artose Pinner may have lost the game by himself with those two terrible penalties.

hailtocarter
11-12-2006, 04:14 PM
I am actually kind of glad I could only watch the play-by-play on nfl.com, I think if I actually watched the game I would be drinking by now....I can't believe we're tied with the packers.

Gift
11-12-2006, 04:17 PM
ouch, this loss hurts.

..nothing to say, i guess. :'(

RK.
11-12-2006, 04:17 PM
The parties over for this year I am afraid.
:'(

BadlandsVikings
11-12-2006, 04:18 PM
This is getting old real fast.
To many penalties, and not enough time for Brad.
4-5 and being tied with Packers is uncalled for.

vik1
11-12-2006, 04:19 PM
I am drinking by now. Put the fork in us we are done!!!!
As soon as we start throwing the ball down field we score twice. So what does our great playcaller do? He run run passes run run passes!
Time for childress to give up the playcalling and concentrate on our CRAPPY pass
Defense.
We couldn,t cover a high school team across the middle.

VikingsExpress
11-12-2006, 04:20 PM
OK, WOAH!!!
Its definatley not time for Bollinger to start.
Next point, the defense can't be expected to shut them down when they are on the field that much.
The second half featured alot of 3 and outs.
PLAYCALLING once again has failed us.
2 runs and a pass just the same as before.
When a player calls it out and you continue to do it...thats just bad, really bad.
But when your recievers are terrible i guess thats what you get.
No ability to get away from the defenders except for TW...and he likes to drop the ball.
Offense, offense, offense...it has to be better than this.

njvikins
11-12-2006, 04:21 PM
Brad has got to go! Again he blow the game with an int on an important drive. Its not all his falt but we got to try to fix something because hes probably going to be gone next season anyway.

AS bad as it sounds thats one lose closer to Calvin Johnson!

DPep11
11-12-2006, 04:22 PM
Wow... I just woke up thinking the game was at 3:15 because it said that on the homepage all last week... I am so pissed right now, cause I missed the game and we lost
:'(

Ltrey33
11-12-2006, 04:22 PM
I thought the playcalling was OK. I know a lot of people are complaining about it, but the playcalling has had us in almost every single game. The players just haven't made the plays.

Brad was under a whole helluva lot of pressure a lot of the day, but the INT he threw was definately on him, and the fumble at the beginning of the game probably shouldn't have happened, no matter how much pressure there was. The o-line needs to get their shit together.

The defense didn't play particularly great. They had a good day against the run again, but giving up 350 yards to old man Favre with no pressure is definately NOT what the doctor ordered. Cedric Griffen played a good game, IMO he's turning into a little Winfield. The guy can tackle.

McMullen and Johnson played well today, which was good to see.

We got hosed on a few calls, but that happens every week so I can't complain too much. Calling back the kickoff was awful, the illegal pick offensive pass interference call on Williamson was a horrible on because he was being jammed into the path of the other receiver and the unneccessary roughness call at the end of the lateral play was also costly.

At this point, I have no idea what to think. That's 3 straight losses, and another 2 turnover game for the offense. I've said all along that we should keep Brad in, but at this point I really think we need to put someone else in there. I doubt Tarvaris is ready, and I have my doubts about Bollinger, but man oh man....this team needs something for a spark. To continue down this road with no change is depressing and awful.

TheAnimal93
11-12-2006, 04:24 PM
I cannot believe that we cannot score more than 17 pts. vs. Green Bay. I didnt get to see the game but listened to it and Joe Senser time and time again was complaining about the protection. McKinnie got burned time after time on critical plays and so did Marcus Johnson. WTF?
Agree with WEbby. Pinner killed us also.
>:( >:( >:(

BigMoInAZ
11-12-2006, 04:24 PM
Brad Childress is a JOKE!
Say whatever you want about the team and it's poor performance, but this so called Offensive Guru has proved to be more incompetent then former Viking coach Mike Tice!
NOW WHO HERE EVER THOUGHT THAT COULD BE POSSIBLE?

If Jackson is injured and not able to play then so be it, but Brad Johnson SUCKS and needs to be CUT tomorrow!
Play Bollinger, bring in some hack off the streets to fill Johnson's spot and press on from there!
It sure as heck couldn't be any worse than what we saw today and over the last 12 quarters of football!

VikesfaninWis
11-12-2006, 04:26 PM
At this point all I can say is that the Vikings season is over.. Maybe before training camp next season, Childress will learn how to call a game, or pass it on to someone that does.. Passing the ball on 3rd and 1 with C. Taylor behind you is just downright pathetic..

Childress is looking more and more like a rookie HC instead of the "Offensive Mastermind" that people labeled him when he first came here.. Add that with a QB that is looking more and more like the QB that every other team that he has been on passed him by, and we got the Vikings season..

We will not get any better until we get a stronger WR group, better play calling abilities, and a more rounded QB.. On this team, we need a QB more like McNabb, McNair, or any other QB that knows how to run with the ball.. If not, we need a QB with a strong arm like Palmer, Brees, or even Grossman.. This is another season down the drains..

skum
11-12-2006, 04:29 PM
Ok ..

1. Defensive Line.. - I dont know if it is setting too high standards, but they got dominated all game, and in all second half the Packers had 3 rookies on that line, and we didnt hit Favre once..!!! -> No pressure, no turnovers..

Dont understand why the keep sending the front 4, and dropping the back the linebackers.. Bringing the Linebackers has worked especially in the Panthers game..

2. Offensive Line.. Only Birk and Hutchinson can get credit here.. The rest are useless.. McKinney too.. Getting beat in passprotection all the time..

3. Brad Johnson.. Getting sold on the fumble, and on the interception Bethel Johnson stopped??!, I dont know about the playcall who it was on.. But for the looks of it, it looked to be on Bethel Johnson.. But anyways.. He threw it so it would be a jump ball and Bethel is like 3 feet tall..

4. Playcalling.. we need to take more chances.. but i guess we dont have the tools for it..

5. This season died today.. we are under .500 .. I dont see us winning against Miami, Arizona, Chicago, Jets, GB, or St. Louis.. With this display.. That gives us one victory against Detroit 5-11.. This season has been the weirdest of all.. Fromt 12-4 to 5-11 now.. amazing..

6. Realllly mad at everything right now.. grrrrr I dont know what he can do..

MetalMike-LoudVike
11-12-2006, 04:36 PM
THIS IS GETTING OLD, yeah stick a great big fork in them,wait screw that. they could still finish 8-8 with this kinda play calling, the penalties and lack of all round offensive execution it wasnt there. all I can say hope for an 8-8 season and more money to spend for next year and revamp the offense. all I can say this team has lost its focus and now its sreaming just that ..............
MMLV


absolutely horrendous

CCthebest
11-12-2006, 04:38 PM
This season is over. We are going backwards. I dread thinking what Childress has in store for us next year (maybe Ziggy will get rid of him somehow).

Our Oline and Pinner (great pickup Childress) lost this game for us. The highest paid oline in the history of the NFL and they all suck. McK and Hutch both get burned so often. Cant blame this game on Twill.

Our D line cant pass protect. Who gives a
shit if they can stop the run if the front 4 cant pressure.

Our best receivers right now are rejects from other teams.

Farve showed that our D isnt that good.
Picked us apart. In our home, and slams our Dome.

Put in Brooks. Could care less if hes worse then BJ, at least he can get sacked and hold onto the ball. And give Bevell the playbook PLEASE

purpleFavreEaters
11-12-2006, 04:40 PM
wE ARE SIMPLY A BAD TEAM THIS SEASON WHO TAKES NO REALRISKS. wE are way to predictable. Sure our defensive line is solid at stopping the run, but our secondary is horrible. I am not jumping off the train or anything but I am saying this team needs to make some important shuffling on offense.

DPep11
11-12-2006, 04:53 PM
eh wake me up next september

antoniopierce58
11-12-2006, 04:55 PM
I never want to hear about our receivers looking bad.
Brad is the one that makes him look terrible.
He is the most pathetic qb in the league right now and couldnt be a backup on 20 of the 32 teams in the league right now.
Our receivers get open and have deep speed, but brad noodle arm lofts it up so the defenders can get a hand on it.
He gets so many excuses for his abseloutely crappy play and I cant beleive people are so blind to see that this is a pathetic football player who should rather be pushing carts at walmart than playing qb in the nfl.

Brad Childress Is A very bad head coach.
No wonder this joke never called plays in philadelphia, he is an idiot.
Mike Tice was alot better at calling plays on offense and getting the team pumped up to play.
I knew he was thickheaded when he traded baskett for mcmullen and just let koren robinson go.
He is also a tool for not getting an athletic tight end that can stretch the field, probably the most important aspect of the wco as you see lj smith in philly always doing that. Wtf is with the pass plays on 3rd and 1?


Our defensive coordinator is truly proving his youth.
many times letting whittaker in control of donald driver and playing a very soft zone shows that he needs time to grow as a defensive coordinator.
We are best when we send blitzes and we press the receivers so they dont get a head start going down the field.
There was no pass rush today,
so our d line is underachieveing in that aspect.


Overall, i see this team going 7-9 and with the way brad jonhson is playing, i can see our defenders basically quitting at the end of the game knowing that whatever they do, it wont matter.
Thats why most of them were smiling and laughing at the end of the game.
They are getting their paycheck and dont really care about winnign because charlie checkdown won't be able to get them anywhere.

Webby
11-12-2006, 04:57 PM
"CCthebest" wrote:


This season is over. We are going backwards. I dread thinking what Childress has in store for us next year (maybe Ziggy will get rid of him somehow).

Our Oline and Pinner (great pickup Childress) lost this game for us. The highest paid oline in the history of the NFL and they all suck. McK and Hutch both get burned so often. Cant blame this game on Twill.

Our D line cant pass protect. Who gives a
pooh if they can stop the run if the front 4 cant pressure.

Our best receivers right now are rejects from other teams.

Farve showed that our D isnt that good.
Picked us apart. In our home, and slams our Dome.

Put in Brooks. Could care less if hes worse then BJ, at least he can get sacked and hold onto the ball. And give Bevell the playbook PLEASE


Can't say I don't disagree.
But I have to say, just because I want to be an ass, I told people so!!
Tice wasn't so bad!
At least he let us laugh!

HornedHat
11-12-2006, 04:59 PM
I thought we fired Tice? Here we go on our annual mid-season losing streak, and Tice isn't on the sidelines! Maybe its the ball boys fault. Put Brooks in..right away. If he loses, so be it. Brad ain't gettin it done.

vikes2456
11-12-2006, 05:11 PM
"Webby" wrote:


"CCthebest" wrote:


This season is over. We are going backwards. I dread thinking what Childress has in store for us next year (maybe Ziggy will get rid of him somehow).

Our Oline and Pinner (great pickup Childress) lost this game for us. The highest paid oline in the history of the NFL and they all suck. McK and Hutch both get burned so often. Cant blame this game on Twill.

Our D line cant pass protect. Who gives a
pooh if they can stop the run if the front 4 cant pressure.

Our best receivers right now are rejects from other teams.

Farve showed that our D isnt that good.
Picked us apart. In our home, and slams our Dome.

Put in Brooks. Could care less if hes worse then BJ, at least he can get sacked and hold onto the ball. And give Bevell the playbook PLEASE


Can't say I don't disagree.
But I have to say, just because I want to be an jiggly butt, I told people so!!
Tice wasn't so bad!
At least he let us laugh!


Tice was not as bad as everyone said he was, but nonetheless, he was still bad, and the fact that Childress is sucking it up too does not change anything... unfortunately

Webby
11-12-2006, 05:17 PM
"HornedHat" wrote:


I thought we fired Tice? Here we go on our annual mid-season losing streak, and Tice isn't on the sidelines! Maybe its the ball boys fault. Put Brooks in..right away. If he loses, so be it. Brad ain't gettin it done.


heck, now that is a good point I hadn't thought of.
Don't we seem to always go in the tank midseason for a bit?

I think the change of seasons scares the Dome boys.
Time to get football outdoors again!!

Braddock
11-12-2006, 05:17 PM
Isn't this supposed to be a rebuilding year? new coaches? new schemes? Weren't the more intelligent members saying this year would be rough and it's take time to learn the system that the new coaches want? Just b/c we have success against teams early in the year who got off to slow starts themselves, doesn't make us good, just fortunate. We aren't making the playoffs this year, so just accept that. As our coaches are delving deeper into the playbook, we're doing plays the players aren't as familiar with and therefore things break down. Overall, the coaches are trying to get the team used to every part of the play calling and we just need a new qb. plain and simple. But TJ will come around in a year or so and then we should be better equipped to make a run. So, nothing to do now but to cheer for accomplishments and note improvements and keep our heads from floating in the clouds of fantasy.

vikes09
11-12-2006, 05:21 PM
holy crap, this has to be everything BUT childress' fault yall! He called a great game, but we just dont have the personel to back it up!

WHY WE LOST:

turnovers- the turnovers killed us, not so much the penalties IMO. the momentum didnt seem to be with us and it shows in the score.

lack of depth - on defense its whitayker (or however the crap you spell his name) and on offense its our WRs. on defense weaknesses can be easily exposed, and ours were exposed and exploited today. not enough talent = losses. to prove it, bethel johnson who has just arrived and who has just started learning the system becomes your leading receiver, somethings wrong with the talent level on your squad.

to the childress bashers:
turnovers were abundant that our HC brad childress had no control over. end of story. childress calls the plays true, but brad johnson's fumble can be credited to the line play which ISNT HIS FAULT. realize that now. jam it into you head and hope it doesnt fall out the other end. brad childress isnt at fault (which he will state WAS his fault because he has class AND character) for the turnovers that killed us. offense had 2 TD drives for a change, but those dang costly player mistakes ruined it for us. i hope we stick with childress for a LONG LONG TIME, and hope he has many a sucessful seasons with my minnesota vikings.

amen braddock!

BigMoInAZ
11-12-2006, 05:22 PM
Another great post game question posed on KFAN.
Where was Wiggins?
Why has this version of the WCO totally ignored it's TE?
Makes no sense especially for a noodle arm QB who isn't getting enough time to set up and throw.
If that's going to continue than Brad needs to stay in shot gun just to get a second or two increase.
At least on passing plays it would increase the odds of actually completing a pass to one of your own receivers!

Chili saw no reason to improve the position in the off season, so why has he ignored this teams leading receiver over the previous two seasons?
ODD wouldn't you say?

Lastly, when the other team constantly blitzes, why would you not run short routes, slants, quick outs, etc...?
Maybe because Chili knows that Johnson has no arm and would rather run, run, run, then pass when you need a first down and hold your QB accountable to getting passes completed beyond the first down marker, not in front of it! ::)

Webby
11-12-2006, 05:24 PM
"Braddock" wrote:


Isn't this supposed to be a rebuilding year? new coaches? new schemes? Weren't the more intelligent members saying this year would be rough and it's take time to learn the system that the new coaches want? Just b/c we have success against teams early in the year who got off to slow starts themselves, doesn't make us good, just fortunate. We aren't making the playoffs this year, so just accept that. As our coaches are delving deeper into the playbook, we're doing plays the players aren't as familiar with and therefore things break down. Overall, the coaches are trying to get the team used to every part of the play calling and we just need a new qb. plain and simple. But TJ will come around in a year or so and then we should be better equipped to make a run. So, nothing to do now but to cheer for accomplishments and note improvements and keep our heads from floating in the clouds of fantasy.


oh sweet relief!

I understand the frustration and being pissed.
We look junky right now.
But perspective is wonderful.


There are good players on this team doing great things all game.
Its natural to be mad first, think things over second.
If Tjacko can run the board, I want him to when the coaches know he is ready.

But I think Braddock hits the nail on the head here.

vikes09
11-12-2006, 05:28 PM
wiggins got the majority of the passes last year because culpepper couldnt throw worth a darn, and his check down was wiggins. oh sure culpepper didnt have johnsons noodle arm, but his talent has gotten him REAL FAR in miami hasnt it BigMo? Wiggins can make some great catches and it "catches" (pun might be intended) peoples eyes. when he isnt involved as heavily as he was before it might be considered a step up from last year, only if our receivers might actually STEP UP!

HornedHat
11-12-2006, 05:28 PM
My only concern with Childress (unless its BJ's doin, not sure which Brad to blame) is that Wiggins has been forgotten. I love that guy, but he isn't gettin the love of our offense. Why's that?

Purple Floyd
11-12-2006, 05:28 PM
"vikes09" wrote:


holy crap, this has to be everything BUT childress' fault yall! He called a great game, but we just dont have the personel to back it up!

WHY WE LOST:

turnovers- the turnovers killed us, not so much the penalties IMO. the momentum didnt seem to be with us and it shows in the score.

lack of depth - on defense its whitayker (or however the crap you spell his name) and on offense its our WRs. on defense weaknesses can be easily exposed, and ours were exposed and exploited today. not enough talent = losses. to prove it, bethel johnson who has just arrived and who has just started learning the system becomes your leading receiver, somethings wrong with the talent level on your squad.

to the childress bashers:
turnovers were abundant that our HC brad childress had no control over. end of story. childress calls the plays true, but brad johnson's fumble can be credited to the line play which ISNT HIS FAULT. realize that now. jam it into you head and hope it doesnt fall out the other end. brad childress isnt at fault (which he will state WAS his fault because he has class AND character) for the turnovers that killed us. offense had 2 TD drives for a change, but those dang costly player mistakes ruined it for us. i hope we stick with childress for a LONG LONG TIME, and hope he has many a sucessful seasons with my minnesota vikings.

amen braddock!



Like it or not, when you are a head coach EVERYTHING is your fault. He can delegate authority but he can't delegate responsibility. If the line doesn't block correctly, he is responsible. If the QB is ineffective, he is responsible. If the defense gives up big pass plays, he is responsible. He is also responsible for making personnel changes if people are not doing their job. So far he has been an average truancy officer (Smith and Robinson brought his grades down) but he has been dismal at finding the right team chemistry, especially on offense where he has the most control.

antoniopierce58
11-12-2006, 05:32 PM
how do people make fun of culpepper only to realize that he is going to probably be on ir this year.
when youre a mobile qb who plays out of the pocket and you shred 3 ligaments in your knee, it takes about 2 years to get back to your normal form, if you ever do.
Culpepper was an all pro qb, and when he gets healthy, he will take the nfl by storm again.


He was never healthy and we basically have the same receivers and alot better defense, with a better o line, an every down back and a "better" sytem.

Brad the piece of trash has no excuses for his play.

Purplemania
11-12-2006, 05:43 PM
No Culpepper the dumbest nincompoop to ever play the QB position. The guy is loaded with talent but he couldn't read a defense if he actually heard their calls.

As for comments after the game...meh same old stuff as it's been for the pass 3 weeks. Everyone's pretty much got it right so far.

oh yeah- START TRAVARIS ASAP

Dwags
11-12-2006, 05:43 PM
This team has made some stupid choices in the last few years. We gave away two superstars (Moss and Culpepper) in exchange for garbage. What were left with is an atrocious offense and a mediocre - at best - defense.
Nevertheless, I think Childress is going to get this sorted out in the next year or two, but in the meantime, we are going to have to put up with more horrible games like today. Damn those Packers, they have ruined so many Sundays for me ...

El Vikingo
11-12-2006, 05:53 PM
Every Vikings loss hurts more than the previous one,I dont know how to say,3 games ago we were 4-2 ,and now this garbage,with the team going nowhere
I think is a team problem not only
a QB problem.
Our incosistence is killing us,Im very frustated,shiiiiiiit!!!!!!!!!!!

BigMoInAZ
11-12-2006, 05:57 PM
"vikes09" wrote:


wiggins got the majority of the passes last year because culpepper couldnt throw worth a darn, and his check down was wiggins. oh sure culpepper didnt have johnsons noodle arm, but his talent has gotten him REAL FAR in miami hasnt it BigMo? Wiggins can make some great catches and it "catches" (pun might be intended) peoples eyes. when he isnt involved as heavily as he was before it might be considered a step up from last year, only if our receivers might actually STEP UP!
ROTFLMAO!
You really think this has anything to do with Culpepper no longer being here?
LOL!
Too MUCH!
Next you'll hear fans saying that Wiggins has suddenly developed the dropsies so he doesn't warrant any passes his way!
MY GOT PEOPLE!
GET REAL!

Wiggins has been missing in action all season and that is due to an incompetent game plan that completely ignores the TE and which I might add is totally opposite of what a West Coast Offense is supposed to be!
You may blame Culpepper for this teams woes all you want, but REALITY is this team put together by this coach has under performed worse than the previously fired MEATHEAD coach Mike Tice!
As the saying goes, "YOU CAN'T ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU WANT, BUT YOU JUST MIGHT FIND YOU ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR..."
No, not a Rolling Stones moment! ::)

VKG4LFE
11-12-2006, 06:00 PM
I am so fucking pissed off at those stupid mother fuckers losing to the cheesedicks! That's pretty much all I have to said about this game.

sleepagent
11-12-2006, 06:19 PM
"BigMoInAZ" wrote:


Another great post game question posed on KFAN.
Where was Wiggins?
Why has this version of the WCO totally ignored it's TE?
Makes no sense especially for a noodle arm QB who isn't getting enough time to set up and throw.
If that's going to continue than Brad needs to stay in shot gun just to get a second or two increase.
At least on passing plays it would increase the odds of actually completing a pass to one of your own receivers!

Chili saw no reason to improve the position in the off season, so why has he ignored this teams leading receiver over the previous two seasons?
ODD wouldn't you say?

Lastly, when the other team constantly blitzes, why would you not run short routes, slants, quick outs, etc...?
Maybe because Chili knows that Johnson has no arm and would rather run, run, run, then pass when you need a first down and hold your QB accountable to getting passes completed beyond the first down marker, not in front of it! ::)


We don't want to use him because . . . we'll look predictable and everyone is looking for it!
;D

Purple Floyd
11-12-2006, 06:22 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:


I am so fricken pissed off at those stupid mother fuckers losing to the cheesedicks! That's pretty much all I have to said about this game.



Now how did that one make it through the sensor? ??? ;D

vikes09
11-12-2006, 06:24 PM
"BigMoInAZ" wrote:


"vikes09" wrote:


wiggins got the majority of the passes last year because culpepper couldnt throw worth a darn, and his check down was wiggins. oh sure culpepper didnt have johnsons noodle arm, but his talent has gotten him REAL FAR in miami hasnt it BigMo? Wiggins can make some great catches and it "catches" (pun might be intended) peoples eyes. when he isnt involved as heavily as he was before it might be considered a step up from last year, only if our receivers might actually STEP UP!
ROTFLMAO!
You really think this has anything to do with Culpepper no longer being here?
LOL!
Too MUCH!
Next you'll hear fans saying that Wiggins has suddenly developed the dropsies so he doesn't warrant any passes his way!
MY GOT PEOPLE!
GET REAL!

Wiggins has been missing in action all season and that is due to an incompetent game plan that completely ignores the TE and which I might add is totally opposite of what a West Coast Offense is supposed to be!
You may blame Culpepper for this teams woes all you want, but REALITY is this team put together by this coach has under performed worse than the previously fired MEATHEAD coach Mike Tice!
As the saying goes, "YOU CAN'T ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU WANT, BUT YOU JUST MIGHT FIND YOU ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR..."
No, not a Rolling Stones moment! ::)


when did i say culpepper was the cause of our woes! ROTFLMAO, to quote a certian someone i know.

besides the last and 2nd to last statement being wrong and irrelevantly pointless your opinion of childress seems to be flawed. a HC controls how the defense, offense, ST play? the WC offense and the tampa 2 defense was installed by childress himself? bevell and tomlin hasnt done anything but sit around drinking iced tea while childress sprints back and forth "micromanaging" everything? i love the logic underlying those conclusions.

TheAnimal93
11-12-2006, 06:25 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:


I am so fricken pissed off at those stupid mother fuckers losing to the cheesedicks! That's pretty much all I have to said about this game.


I guess that Pack4life will be all over your butt this week. Dude, that sucks. She better give ya some pity sex every night this week!

Vikadelic
11-12-2006, 06:30 PM
not that it will make anyone feel better but we should have won this game.
My only criticism is that of Darren Sharper.
He sould have played straight up rather than trying to interpret what Brett was going to do.
He cost us bundles of yards in the middle while we were in the C2.
Especially the TD to Diver just before half.

VKG4LFE
11-12-2006, 06:41 PM
"TheAnimal93" wrote:


"VKG4LFE" wrote:


I am so fricken pissed off at those stupid mother fuckers losing to the cheesedicks! That's pretty much all I have to said about this game.


I guess that Pack4life will be all over your butt this week. Dude, that sucks. She better give ya some pity sex every night this week!



What the hell is sex?? I don't even want to look at her nonetheless have sex with her. What a shitty weekend!

BigMoInAZ
11-12-2006, 07:01 PM
"vikes09" wrote:


"BigMoInAZ" wrote:


"vikes09" wrote:


wiggins got the majority of the passes last year because culpepper couldnt throw worth a darn, and his check down was wiggins. oh sure culpepper didnt have johnsons noodle arm, but his talent has gotten him REAL FAR in miami hasnt it BigMo? Wiggins can make some great catches and it "catches" (pun might be intended) peoples eyes. when he isnt involved as heavily as he was before it might be considered a step up from last year, only if our receivers might actually STEP UP!
ROTFLMAO!
You really think this has anything to do with Culpepper no longer being here?
LOL!
Too MUCH!
Next you'll hear fans saying that Wiggins has suddenly developed the dropsies so he doesn't warrant any passes his way!
MY GOT PEOPLE!
GET REAL!

Wiggins has been missing in action all season and that is due to an incompetent game plan that completely ignores the TE and which I might add is totally opposite of what a West Coast Offense is supposed to be!
You may blame Culpepper for this teams woes all you want, but REALITY is this team put together by this coach has under performed worse than the previously fired MEATHEAD coach Mike Tice!
As the saying goes, "YOU CAN'T ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU WANT, BUT YOU JUST MIGHT FIND YOU ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR..."
No, not a Rolling Stones moment! ::)


when did i say culpepper was the cause of our woes! ROTFLMAO, to quote a certian someone i know.

besides the last and 2nd to last statement being wrong and irrelevantly pointless your opinion of childress seems to be flawed. a HC controls how the defense, offense, ST play? the WC offense and the tampa 2 defense was installed by childress himself? bevell and tomlin hasnt done anything but sit around drinking iced tea while childress sprints back and forth "micromanaging" everything? i love the logic underlying those conclusions.

This is rich!
Now you want to blame Bevell and Tomlin for Chili's ineptitude?
Brilliant I tell ya, just brilliant! :P
As far as Daunte goes, you mentioned him in your post, I just replied to what you wrote.
Is that logical enough to draw you're underlying conclusions from?
Then why bother mentioning Pep in the first place? ::)

capackfan4lyfe87
11-12-2006, 07:50 PM
"Vikadelic" wrote:


not that it will make anyone feel better but we should have won this game.
My only criticism is that of Darren Sharper.
He sould have played straight up rather than trying to interpret what Brett was going to do.
He cost us bundles of yards in the middle while we were in the C2.
Especially the TD to Diver just before half.


looks like Darlene "The Matador" Sharper is back up to his old tricks

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y222/ChuckCecil/DonaldvsDarlene.jpg


maybe he should have worried more about the WR's instead of trying to read Brett's hand motions/signals today. LOL

mnvikes61
11-12-2006, 08:27 PM
It seemed to me that we shut down our offense after the Packers scored before the half. We were actually getting some yards offensevely and then we sat on the ball before the half. After that it seemed that we never tried to throw down field again like we were in the first half. I think the lack of blitzes has to do with us missing Nap.

WBLVikeBabe
11-12-2006, 08:51 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:


"TheAnimal93" wrote:


"VKG4LFE" wrote:


I am so fricken pissed off at those stupid mother fuckers losing to the cheesedicks! That's pretty much all I have to said about this game.


I guess that Pack4life will be all over your butt this week. Dude, that sucks. She better give ya some pity sex every night this week!



What the hell is sex?? I don't even want to look at her nonetheless have sex with her. What a poohie weekend!


LMAO VKG!
Your poor thing having to put up with the bragging.
Don't really even know what to say about the game myself.
There really is nothing to say, it was a pretty pathetic performance.
And sad to say not exciting to watch at all.
Of course I still love my Vikes, always will through thick and thing but it definitley sucks being a Vikings fan in times like these.
???

Big C
11-12-2006, 08:58 PM
Wow that was the lamest performance this year. WHAT THE HELL happened to pass protection?!

We need a change at QB very desperately. Not because BJ is that bad, but because opposing defenses have used the same defense against us over the last few weeks and we have no answer.
1. Stop the run on 1st and 2nd.
2. Blitz the crap out on 3rd down because BJ is not mobile enough (even within the pocket). So one of the following will happen:
- BJ will get sacked
- BJ will dump the ball off short of 3rd down
- BJ will throw the ball away
- Lo and behold BJ will occasionally get the ball to WR who will then drop it

cajunvike
11-12-2006, 09:50 PM
"WBLVikeBabe" wrote:


"VKG4LFE" wrote:


"TheAnimal93" wrote:


"VKG4LFE" wrote:


I am so fricken pissed off at those stupid mother fuckers losing to the cheesedicks! That's pretty much all I have to said about this game.


I guess that Pack4life will be all over your butt this week. Dude, that sucks. She better give ya some pity sex every night this week!



What the hell is sex?? I don't even want to look at her nonetheless have sex with her. What a poohie weekend!


LMAO VKG!
Your poor thing having to put up with the bragging.
Don't really even know what to say about the game myself.
There really is nothing to say, it was a pretty pathetic performance.
And sad to say not exciting to watch at all.
Of course I still love my Vikes, always will through thick and thing but it definitley sucks being a Vikings fan in times like these.

???


VKG...my advice...take the pity sex...it's better than NOT getting it!
Just pretend that she is a Vikings cheerleader!
;D

BadlandsVikings
11-12-2006, 09:55 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:


"WBLVikeBabe" wrote:


"VKG4LFE" wrote:


"TheAnimal93" wrote:


"VKG4LFE" wrote:


I am so fricken pissed off at those stupid mother fuckers losing to the cheesedicks! That's pretty much all I have to said about this game.


I guess that Pack4life will be all over your butt this week. Dude, that sucks. She better give ya some pity sex every night this week!



What the hell is sex?? I don't even want to look at her nonetheless have sex with her. What a poohie weekend!


LMAO VKG!
Your poor thing having to put up with the bragging.
Don't really even know what to say about the game myself.
There really is nothing to say, it was a pretty pathetic performance.
And sad to say not exciting to watch at all.
Of course I still love my Vikes, always will through thick and thing but it definitley sucks being a Vikings fan in times like these.

???


VKG...my advice...take the pity sex...it's better than NOT getting it!
Just pretend that she is a Vikings cheerleader!
;D


Make sure you have a paperbag and ear plugs, so you can't tell if she's making fun of you during it.

vikes09
11-12-2006, 10:03 PM
"BigMoInAZ" wrote:


"vikes09" wrote:


"BigMoInAZ" wrote:


"vikes09" wrote:


wiggins got the majority of the passes last year because culpepper couldnt throw worth a darn, and his check down was wiggins. oh sure culpepper didnt have johnsons noodle arm, but his talent has gotten him REAL FAR in miami hasnt it BigMo? Wiggins can make some great catches and it "catches" (pun might be intended) peoples eyes. when he isnt involved as heavily as he was before it might be considered a step up from last year, only if our receivers might actually STEP UP!
ROTFLMAO!
You really think this has anything to do with Culpepper no longer being here?
LOL!
Too MUCH!
Next you'll hear fans saying that Wiggins has suddenly developed the dropsies so he doesn't warrant any passes his way!
MY GOT PEOPLE!
GET REAL!

Wiggins has been missing in action all season and that is due to an incompetent game plan that completely ignores the TE and which I might add is totally opposite of what a West Coast Offense is supposed to be!
You may blame Culpepper for this teams woes all you want, but REALITY is this team put together by this coach has under performed worse than the previously fired MEATHEAD coach Mike Tice!
As the saying goes, "YOU CAN'T ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU WANT, BUT YOU JUST MIGHT FIND YOU ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR..."
No, not a Rolling Stones moment! ::)


when did i say culpepper was the cause of our woes! ROTFLMAO, to quote a certian someone i know.

besides the last and 2nd to last statement being wrong and irrelevantly pointless your opinion of childress seems to be flawed. a HC controls how the defense, offense, ST play? the WC offense and the tampa 2 defense was installed by childress himself? bevell and tomlin hasnt done anything but sit around drinking iced tea while childress sprints back and forth "micromanaging" everything? i love the logic underlying those conclusions.

This is rich!
Now you want to blame Bevell and Tomlin for Chili's ineptitude?
Brilliant I tell ya, just brilliant! :P
As far as Daunte goes, you mentioned him in your post, I just replied to what you wrote.
Is that logical enough to draw you're underlying conclusions from?
Then why bother mentioning Pep in the first place? ::)


your whole post is filled with resentment of my post with "this is rich!" and "brilliant"s and the like, but not of anything with any importance to YOUR idea of why wiggins doest receiver have the ball tossed his way more other than "he just should".

did i blame bevell? no. did i blame tomlin? no. BUT that point was more toward the "better than meathead statement" which i happen to disagree with.

my statement: childress is NOT to COMPLETELY recieve the blame for our losses nor is it right to be calling for his head. (which other members seem to be doing)

i brought in the culpepper example in the first place for my opinion on the "why isnt wiggins getting more passes" whining. i didnt blame our loses on culpepper or our current situation affecting culpepper.

tosstomoss
11-12-2006, 10:03 PM
we suck, sorry webby

PacNWVike
11-12-2006, 10:17 PM
Brad wasn't getting the protection he needed.
Some of the receivers actually caught some passes, but they still made some mistakes.
What I don't understand is why we didn't blitz Fav'Ray more often.
Historically, we know this is how to rattle him.
Why didn't we blitz more often?

Toro
11-12-2006, 10:21 PM
The offense didn't have a drive in the second half that lasted for more than 4 plays until 2 minutes left in the game.
That's six possessions, 4 of which were three and out, one was four and out, and one was a pick.

We stink.

sandviking
11-12-2006, 11:25 PM
I didn't get to see the game, but snowinapril sent the only text message I needed to see, and it read something like this:

Loss BJ blows packers

Then my daughter, my own flesh and blood, calls me to give me grief.
This is the daughter that chose to follow her stepfather's football team, the packers, instead of my team.
(sarcasm ON) I am now looking for a rope, gun, razor, pills, whatever to end the pain.
:'(

(sarcasm OFF)

Will somebody please stop the insanity!!!

sandviking
11-12-2006, 11:29 PM
HOWEVER, I will never stop being a Vikings fan.
I always have been, and I always will be.

Prophet
11-12-2006, 11:30 PM
"sandviking" wrote:


I didn't get to see the game, but snowinapril sent the only text message I needed to see, and it read something like this:

Loss BJ blows packers

Then my daughter, my own flesh and blood, calls me to give me grief.
This is the daughter that chose to follow her stepfather's football team, the packers, instead of my team.
(sarcasm ON) I am now looking for a rope, gun, razor, pills, whatever to end the pain.

:'(

(sarcasm OFF)

Will somebody please stop the insanity!!!




Kudos to your daughter for rubbing it in, I'm sure you would have returned the favor.
I lost a 6-pack of homemade brew to a friend in Cheeseland.
That hurts.

ultravikingfan
11-12-2006, 11:40 PM
"sandviking" wrote:


I didn't get to see the game, but snowinapril sent the only text message I needed to see, and it read something like this:

Loss BJ blows packers

Then my daughter, my own flesh and blood, calls me to give me grief.
This is the daughter that chose to follow her stepfather's football team, the packers, instead of my team.
(sarcasm ON) I am now looking for a rope, gun, razor, pills, whatever to end the pain.

:'(

(sarcasm OFF)

Will somebody please stop the insanity!!!




That can be read more than 1 way!
:D

sandviking
11-12-2006, 11:46 PM
"Acumen" wrote:


"sandviking" wrote:


I didn't get to see the game, but snowinapril sent the only text message I needed to see, and it read something like this:

Loss BJ blows packers

Then my daughter, my own flesh and blood, calls me to give me grief.
This is the daughter that chose to follow her stepfather's football team, the packers, instead of my team.
(sarcasm ON) I am now looking for a rope, gun, razor, pills, whatever to end the pain.

:'(

(sarcasm OFF)

Will somebody please stop the insanity!!!




Kudos to your daughter for rubbing it in, I'm sure you would have returned the favor.
I lost a 6-pack of homemade brew to a friend in Cheeseland.
That hurts.


Oh, there will be more crap from the packer turds.
They are everywhere....they breed like roaches!
I still have to go to work tomorrow, and the fun will begin.
They love to kick a man when he's down.

sandviking
11-12-2006, 11:47 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:


"sandviking" wrote:


I didn't get to see the game, but snowinapril sent the only text message I needed to see, and it read something like this:

Loss BJ blows packers

Then my daughter, my own flesh and blood, calls me to give me grief.
This is the daughter that chose to follow her stepfather's football team, the packers, instead of my team.
(sarcasm ON) I am now looking for a rope, gun, razor, pills, whatever to end the pain.

:'(

(sarcasm OFF)

Will somebody please stop the insanity!!!




That can be read more than 1 way!

:D


You will have to ask snow.
Only he knows for sure.
::)

Vikes
11-13-2006, 12:08 AM
The Vikings are fine. It's Childress 1st season. Man all the whining in Viking-land is getting old. It takes time to build a team. In the NFL you don't get a McTeam. (Fast food pun)

BigEasyViking
11-13-2006, 01:19 AM
After watching the last couple of games I really don't know where to point the blame.
Obviously our offense has much to be desired.
I mean watching Brad run this offense is like being at a insurance seminar.
I really can't tell wether it's Childress' playcalling or if Johnson is always immediately hitting the check down.
It's like he is scared to throw the ball down the field.
Maybee it's because every time that he does throw the ball down field it ends up in the defenses hands.
I really think that it's time for a change.
I like Brad, I mean he won't lose a game for you but it doesn't look like he can win a game for us either.
I say we give Brad one more week and then lets see what Jackson has.
Maybee he would be the spark that we need and if not then at least we can see what type of QB we have.
Ok, I'm done ranting for now!

TheKnuck
11-13-2006, 01:32 AM
um, do we actually have defense across the middle?
all the pack did was watch our game against new england and mirrored the aerial attack.
WE GOT TORCHED ACROSS THE MIDDLE!!!!!

RK.
11-13-2006, 02:53 AM
Well first off we can't blame Smoot for this one.

;D ;D

Second, do we have a 2 min drill?
I don't understand why with only a couple of min left why we are just walking around and running down the clock.
In fact I can't remember seeing us ever use a 2 min drill, not even when we were getting crushed by the 49ers last week. :-

cogitans
11-13-2006, 05:00 AM
I woke up really sad today.

Yesterday I was just to shaken up to write anything in here, and I kind of still feels that way.

After the first two losses of this slump we're in, I could see some things in our team that made me believe that we could turn around and make a serious push for the playoffs.

But yesterdays game was like a hit in the stomach. I can't find anything to say, except that we seriously need playmakers on this team.

Kdub4MVP
11-13-2006, 05:23 AM
here goes
I cant remember being this dissapointed watching the vikings in my life, i hate this new era and
this super discipline regime as our team has about as much attitude these days as a 4 year old girl. I certainly liked things alot better when we were a fairly poor team defensively but had a supreme offense to compensate year in, year out. No matter who our QB was, we just seemed to have that mentality where we knew we were putting up points. A team with a good offense can win against any team if their rolling.(look at the colts) Right now i dont think we could beat anyone in the league if we actually had too in a playoff situation.Christ we made brett favre look good again today and thats saying something. Brad childress needs to retool his gay west coast system and open things up right after we retool our offense next offseason. we NEED a true gamebreaker at WR and certainly need to find our QB of the future as brad johnson shouldnt be starting on any team. Theres a reason mike tice signed brad as a backup to culpepper because thats the most hes capable of at this point in his career and plus noone ever fathomed culpepper not being the starter for this team for the next 5-10 years.
and we def could have signed someone viable this past offseason, why not griese? he would have given us a shot to win week in week out with our defense and might have even been a good qb for us for atleast a few years. So at this point in the season, we pretty much got nothin to lose and might just be better off with T.jackson's mobility and playmaking ability with his arm as our starting quarterback.We might as well find out if hes the real deal now so we dont waste 2 years developing him to start and then he ends up being the next Quincy Carter.

im done ranting

cogitans
11-13-2006, 06:31 AM
"Kdub4MVP" wrote:



here goes
I cant remember being this dissapointed watching the vikings in my life, i hate this new era and
this super discipline regime as our team has about as much attitude these days as a 4 year old girl. I certainly liked things alot better when we were a fairly poor team defensively but had a supreme offense to compensate year in, year out. No matter who our QB was, we just seemed to have that mentality where we knew we were putting up points. A team with a good offense can win against any team if their rolling.(look at the colts) Right now i dont think we could beat anyone in the league if we actually had too in a playoff situation.Christ we made brett favre look good again today and thats saying something.I Think you need to realise that having a good D will that keep you in the game every week will be just as good as a hightone offense, if not better in the long run.

And btw how many superbowls has Indianapolis won with Payton...


Brad childress needs to retool his *** west coast system and open things up right after we retool our offense next offseason. we NEED a true gamebreaker at WR and certainly need to find our QB of the future as brad johnson shouldnt be starting on any team. Theres a reason mike tice signed brad as a backup to culpepper because thats the most hes capable of at this point in his career and plus noone ever fathomed culpepper not being the starter for this team for the next 5-10 years.
and we def could have signed someone viable this past offseason, why not griese? he would have given us a shot to win week in week out with our defense and might have even been a good qb for us for atleast a few years. The west coast offense can work. It works in Philly, Seattle went to the superbowl last year, and there could be many other examples around the league. However I would agree that we could use some highprofile playmakers on our offense. What I don't agree with though, is keep blaming Brad Johnson. Yesterday he were getting killed all game long. This is a rebuilding year, and he'll work fine as our transition figure in there. Aside from the New England game I don't believe that he has played that bad.

Granted he hasn't exactly won us any games directly, but he has not lost any either, and given the circumstanses I think he has done as good a job as anyone could have.


So at this point in the season, we pretty much got nothin to lose and might just be better off with T.jackson's mobility and playmaking ability with his arm as our starting quarterback.We might as well find out if hes the real deal now so we dont waste 2 years developing him to start and then he ends up being the next Quincy Carter.

im done ranting


We still have a shot at making this a decent season. And I don't see why we would put our rookie QB in the middle of this when our own HC tells me that this is not the best way to develop a young QB.

PAvikesfan
11-13-2006, 09:01 AM
okay, without reading all these posts above me:

my thoughts.

i saw the game up to 4 minutes left in the 3rd.
i left thinking we could win this game just by scoring a TD.
our oline has not been protecting BJ much and we are lucky that yesterday BJ didn't have another 3 int game.
though it seemed as though we moved the ball better yesterday, it still isn't enough.
our run defense is supurb.
our pass defense is laughable, especially when 4 out of 5 times we left the middle of the field open for easy passes.
we never seem to adjust to it when teams start throwing to the middle.
even with a crap oline, Favre hardly got touched.

now, i will point out why the vikes are in a better luck next year stand:

we have 0, ZERO, ZILCH offensive playmakers on the team.
who do you give the ball to when the game is on the line?
hmmmmmm?
nobody, cause we don't have anybody that can turn up the speed, heighten their ability, etc.
the 17 points yesterday is the best this offense can do (give or take 3 points).
that is all we can expect without help from the defense.
the only playmaker we have that can win us games is Longwell.
but we have to be within three for him to make a difference.

i think this above with sloppy play and BJ running for his life (okay, jogging) and always coming from behind, it is a better luck next year season.

is it just me, why isn't Wiggins number getting called more?

PAvikesfan
11-13-2006, 09:08 AM
Griese is crap and you know it!
Voleck was available and Shaub for the right price.

AngloVike
11-13-2006, 09:57 AM
Ok my two pennyworth on this.
Firstly pass protection - hello OL !
this means stopping the defender from getting past you or getting pressure on the QB. The way our line have been lately my 13 yr old daughter could get past them - especially that 'tub o' lard' McKinnie. Johnson isn't the most mobile of QB's and so needs more than a micro-second of time to at least start looking to his receivers .. or even check down.

Next play action - this is only effective if you do on occasions. Doing it on every passing play fools no-one, not even the Pack's DL. On one occasion they simply ignored it and damn near flattened Brad. Limit it to once a quarter if you really need it to be effective

Penalties cost games - please emphasis this during the film reviews this week. The offside on the onside kick I can just about manage given the situation. The penalty for illegal blocking during the opening KR in the second half is just plain stupid and the sign of a half-assed effort at playing the game.

pass defense - ok the D have played out of their skins this year and been the main reason we have stayed in games. Our run D is better than our pass D but do we really need to allow 3 consecutive third down conversions with a pass to Driver? Once ok it happens, twice is getting careless and three times is piss-poor. Add to that the TD pass almost at half time and there are signs that the DC and DBs are not on the same page for defending in those circumstances.
I expect this to be improved next season with James and Greenway back but thats then and won't help now.

Pressure the QB - Favre hates the Dome and makes no secret of it - why? because we have gone after his ass in every game there. Yesterday we seemed to nothing of the sort and so he sat back there picking his passes. We should at least have sent some decent blitzes after him early in the game if only to get him rattled and start him getting jittery.

Childress says that the game starts with the lines - he needs to get them working well this week so that we can see an improvement for next week.

VKG4LFE
11-13-2006, 07:17 PM
"WBLVikeBabe" wrote:


"VKG4LFE" wrote:


"TheAnimal93" wrote:


"VKG4LFE" wrote:


I am so fricken pissed off at those stupid bleepers and bloopers losing to the cheesedicks! That's pretty much all I have to said about this game.


I guess that Pack4life will be all over your butt this week. Dude, that sucks. She better give ya some pity sex every night this week!



What the hell is sex?? I don't even want to look at her nonetheless have sex with her. What a poohie weekend!


LMAO VKG!
Your poor thing having to put up with the bragging.
Don't really even know what to say about the game myself.
There really is nothing to say, it was a pretty pathetic performance.
And sad to say not exciting to watch at all.
Of course I still love my Vikes, always will through thick and thing but it definitley sucks being a Vikings fan in times like these.

???



Actually, you know she's really not too bad. She actually doesn't say anything if the vikings lose to the cheesedicks and vice versa. She knows that is she would talk sh!t I would go ballistic. It sucks more when I have to go to school on Monday after a loss to the cheesedicks (he!! a viking loss period) because all of the cheesedick bandwagoners come out and give me sh!t all day long. Today was the longest day with all the idiots talking smack. Thank God tonight we have volleyball and I can drill some people!