PDA

View Full Version : Time's up!

bobbybryant101
11-12-2006, 03:54 PM
Seems to me that "stay the course" ain't workin' too well. With yet another woeful loss, and it being to the Packers, can we finally see Brooks or Tarvaris? No, it's not all Brad's fault, nor was it Bledsoe's in Dallas, or even Brunells in DC. At some point a team needs a spark, we won't know if another QB will be for the better until it's tried.
This post coming with plenty of time left in the 4th quarter, so you see my confidence level. Some of you will rationalize till your blue in the face, when this teams problem is right in front of your face, SIT JOHNSON!
Go Vikes, always a fan, but not a happy one right now.

Webby
11-12-2006, 03:55 PM
Hard to disagree, but Bollinger?
Well, who knows, right?
I still think the play calling is to wimpy to even let us have a chance.

ultravikingfan
11-12-2006, 03:57 PM
We should not even have a QB on the field.
Direct snap to Chester; he will figure out what to do with the ball.

baumy300
11-12-2006, 03:59 PM
This is a
pretty scary situation.

Bollinger is a very horrible QB. I would not even watch if he got the nod over T-Jack.

I think it's time we get creative in our play calling and start making SOME moves to benefit the team.

I am kind of at a loss of words right now. Probaly best if I keep quiet for a bit
>:(

VikesfaninWis
11-12-2006, 04:01 PM
This season is headed right down the f'n drain because of piss poor decisions by our QB, and the play calling of our rookie HC.. If we lose to the Packers, I will have a hard time watching anymore Viking games from this point on for the rest of the season.. What a waste of season..

audioghost
11-12-2006, 04:01 PM
Really...i mean why not try it....we just lost to the 49ERS and the PACKERS...two lowly, crappy teams that we shoulda shut out....

The team morale seems to be at a season low.....

You got inner-team bickering between offense and defense....i mean give it a try

And screw Bollinger, he should be our #3 QB cuz its obvious that Tjack will make more happen....TJack is the SPARK we need

FedjeViking
11-12-2006, 04:03 PM
It's not BJ! The O line needs to give him better protection than they do, and consistently.

And doesn't the refs know which is the home team? Some pretty bad calls in this game.

Webby
11-12-2006, 04:03 PM
"audioghost" wrote:

Really...i mean why not try it....we just lost to the 49ERS and the PACKERS...two lowly, crappy teams that we shoulda shut out....

You got inner-team bickering between offense and defense....i mean give it a try

And screw Bollinger, he should be our #3 QB cuz its obvious that Tjack will make more happen....TJack is the SPARK we need

You know that about as well as you know th exact minute of the next time you take a crap.

Bollinger is #2, deal with it.
This isn't pansies and ponies.
This is the gol darned NFL and you don't splat a rookie into a crappy O.

ultravikingfan
11-12-2006, 04:07 PM
"audioghost" wrote:

Yah...the #3 unoproven QB.
Rrrriiiiigggghhhhttttt.
::)

TARKenton
11-12-2006, 04:08 PM
A little OT but this is amusing.
The announcers were just comlimenting about how randy's beyatch (al harris) hasnt allowed tw a catch all day ::).
Wow, al sure is an outstanding defensive player if he can shut out the worst draft pick ever, yes ever.

UndisputedVike
11-12-2006, 04:08 PM
Brad Johnson has accounted for most of our turnovers this season either with an INT or his sack fumbles. I don't see how Bollinger could do any worse I mean the INT on the Vikings 2nd to last drive was the game ender and it's way to soon for Tarvaris.

Johnson can't move around, he can't throw the deep ball with any strength it's like he's playing shotput out there. It's embarrassing to be a fan of the Vikes the past 3 weeks, sorry to say.

williamsontothebench
11-12-2006, 04:11 PM
This team might as well pack it in and start Tavaris, I cant believe how the play calling and the pass that goes for 3 yards is still being called! Explain to me why Childress continues to make those calls!
Johnson has no arm anymore.

I am at the point where I am close to not watching a vikings game for the rest of the season.
This team is worse than Tices team last season.
Not one thing going right for this team.

Note to Childress!
Your fired as a play caller, Go find someone who can do the job with the qb we are forced to use!

audioghost
11-12-2006, 04:12 PM
"Webby" wrote:

"audioghost" wrote:

You know that about as well as you know th exact minute of the next time you take a crap.

Pansies and ponies....what the hell are u talking about? Honestly, this offense shows you how horrible you can be when u have an immobile geyser calling the shots. Look, Daunte may have sucked as much as anyone with the passes, but how many times did he create first downs with his legs. It adds a second dimension to an offense that helps so much....

Look, I don't care if Bollinger's #2, whatever....put him in...I know you have a love affair with Johnson anyways cuz he was actually GOOD last year for a game or two....but T-Jack should get a chance....at least late in the game. I love how people say "they're developing him"....game experience is a valuable thing. He needs the experience to get used to the speed of the NFL game....

I know that this offense sucks....badly....and they're gonna lose to the Dolphins if they dont figure things out quick....

Ltrey33
11-12-2006, 04:14 PM
"williamsontothebench" wrote:

This team might as well pack it in and start Tavaris, I cant believe how the play calling and the pass that goes for 3 yards is still being called! Explain to me why Childress continues to make those calls!

I am at the point where I am close to not watching a vikings game for the rest of the season.

Note to Childress!
Your fired as a play caller, Go find someone who can do the job with the qb we are forced to use!

I don't think the playcalling is the problem. Childress has had us in position to win every week with his playcalling, the players just haven't made the plays.

Time is up though. After 3 straight losses and a whole crapload of turnovers by Johnson, I think this team needs a new quarterback to at least make an attempt at jumpstarting the offense. I doubt we see Tarvaris....I think we'll see Bollinger soon though.

VikesfaninWis
11-12-2006, 04:17 PM
What just ruined this game is:

BJ's INT deep in their own territory that gave the Packers a TD..

Childress's play calling.. Throwing on 3rd and 1 with a RB like Chester Taylor behind the QB? Stupid...

Refs bogus penalties.. Their was no block in the back on Johnson's kickoff return for a TD.. Is it me, or do the refs become oblivious to GB's mistakes when they play the Vikings? I saw a sh!t load of holding on the Packers and not 1 penalty was called on them.. This season f'n sucks...

audioghost
11-12-2006, 04:19 PM
"audioghost" wrote:

"Webby" wrote:

"audioghost" wrote:

And screw Bollinger, he should be our #3 QB cuz its obvious that **#3 QB** will make more happen....**#3 QB** is the SPARK we need

Pansies and ponies....what the hell are u talking about? Honestly, this offense shows you how horrible you can be when u have an immobile geyser calling the shots. Look, Daunte may have sucked as much as anyone with the passes, but how many times did he create first downs with his legs. It adds a second dimension to an offense that helps so much....

Look, I don't care if Bollinger's #2, whatever....put him in...I know you have a love affair with Johnson anyways cuz he was actually GOOD last year for a game or two....but **Rookie #3 QB** should get a chance....at least late in the game. I love how people say "they're developing him"....game experience is a valuable thing. He needs the experience to get used to the speed of the NFL game....

I know that this offense sucks....badly....and they're gonna lose to the Dolphins if they dont figure things out quick....

Wow, so you changed Tarvaris' last name to **Rookie #3 QB**...pretty childish....sorry Webby but I'd expect better from a webmaster....you've been doing this a long time...I'm sure your love affair w/ B.J. makes him sucking hard for you to stomach but at least admit that the defense is doing its part...the offense is not

OK....maybe TJacks not the solution....Johnson isnt doing much either....you gotta make plays....the overpaid o-line isnt pullin their weight either...but their not as bad as last year so wtf is Johnson's problem?

Gift
11-12-2006, 04:22 PM
Time is up, put bollinger in.
There is really no good reason not to anymore.

BJ doesnt protect the ball
BJ doesnt manage the offense
BJ doesnt make good choices
BJ can even walk fast much less run
BJ can't throw it deep

The O-line & wr play is also crap but we have less options regarding those 2.
Put in bollinger and at worst we'll get what we are getting now.

williamsontothebench
Playing is the issue! WTF any team that does what we do will lose.
4 of 5 pass plays will be behind the line of scrimmage or just past it.
YES it is Childress fault, Yes he need to change his play calling.
It is way to predictable!

I would wager any top 25 ncaa football team could beat us.
I would bet that if we dont make a qb change we lose to Detroit!

i have been a vikes fan for 30 years and this has to be the WORST team ever!

ultravikingfan

Note to Childress!

Ok.
Skip over the #2 and put in the #3.
Good call.
Maybe that should be "Man Law".

williamsontothebench
11-12-2006, 04:25 PM
Ok.
Good call.

Why not Brooks wont be able to lead this team, you have to have
a mobile qb.
Jackson is the only one.
Maybe see if Cunningham will come out of retirement and be our qb!

Gift
11-12-2006, 04:26 PM

Ok.
Good call.

Why not Brooks wont be able to lead this team, you have to have
a mobile qb.
Jackson is the only one.
Maybe see if Cunningham will come out of retirement and be our qb!
Maybe we could give brooks a shot before we decide he cant do it.
Just an idea...

ConnecticutViking
11-12-2006, 04:27 PM
Brad has been making too many mistakes.
The only thing he had going for him was that he was careful with the ball.
We have a young team with an old QB, bring in some new blood and let them grow.

baumy300
11-12-2006, 04:33 PM
"audioghost" wrote:

And screw Bollinger, he should be our #3 QB cuz its obvious that **#3 QB** will make more happen....**#3 QB** is the SPARK we need

EXACTLY!

And someone explain WHY we can't say T-av-ar-is Jack-son on this place?????

Is he such a foul person he can't even be mentioned on his teams fan site?

That is complete BS. I am sick of people on this board trying to hide what people have to say with their propaganda.

TA-VARIS JACK-SON!

ultravikingfan
11-12-2006, 04:36 PM
"baumy300" wrote:

"audioghost" wrote:

EXACTLY!

That is complete BS. I am sick of people on this board trying to hide what people have to say with their propaganda.

TA-VARIS JACK-SON!

Then go somewhere else.
It's just ridiculous the boner some have for a rookie QB who is unproven to play.
Hell, if he was so good he would be the #2 QB.

UndisputedVike
11-12-2006, 04:37 PM
"baumy300" wrote:

"audioghost" wrote:

EXACTLY!

TA-VARIS JACK-SON!

Why? because it's not logical, you don't throw your future QB in at mid-season as a raw...raw rookie to the dogs, it's not going to work because evnetually if he fails he will be ruined.

Webby
"baumy300" wrote:

"audioghost" wrote:

EXACTLY!

TA-VARIS JACK-SON!

It's just a little joke.
Feel free to say what you like.

BigMoInAZ
Nine games in and we're still waiting for this supposedly upgraded team to produce?

Where is that draft link? ::)

Gift
Jackson, Tarvaris
Tarvaris Jackson
**Rookie #3 QB**
TJ
test test test

edit, thought maybe it was a filter thing.
ahh, found it

scottishvike
11-12-2006, 04:38 PM
Bad play calling, no protection from the line, WR's who are struggling, penalties that seem to kill us every week and the question marks about Brad. I don't see any quick fixes on offense for the rest of the season, maybe sticking Bollinger in would give us a spark, at the minute things can't get any worse. At least the defense has improved, hopefully we can build offensively in the off season for next year because play-off wise the game is up this year.

BadlandsVikings
"baumy300" wrote:

"audioghost" wrote:

EXACTLY!

TA-VARIS JACK-SON!

You must have a wish or a bet with someone to fisnish 4-12
:-

Ltrey33
"audioghost" wrote:

"audioghost" wrote:

"Webby" wrote:

"audioghost" wrote:

Look, I don't care if Bollinger's #2, whatever....put him in...I know you have a love affair with Johnson anyways cuz he was actually GOOD last year for a game or two....but **Rookie #3 QB** should get a chance....at least late in the game. I love how people say "they're developing him"....game experience is a valuable thing. He needs the experience to get used to the speed of the NFL game....

Wow, so you changed Tarvaris' last name to **Rookie #3 QB**...pretty childish....sorry Webby but I'd expect better from a webmaster....you've been doing this a long time...I'm sure your love affair w/ B.J. makes him sucking hard for you to stomach but at least admit that the defense is doing its part...the offense is not

OK....maybe TJacks not the solution....Johnson isnt doing much either....you gotta make plays....the overpaid o-line isnt pullin their weight either...but their not as bad as last year so wtf is Johnson's problem?

WHOA! How can you say the D is doing their part? They are great against the run, yes, but damnit Favre just put up 300 yards on us! Brady absolutely TORCHED our secondary two weeks ago! The defense is doing better than the offense, but unless they can stop someone's passing game, we wouldn't have made it past the 1st round of the playoffs anyway.

Ltrey33
11-12-2006, 04:40 PM
"baumy300" wrote:

"audioghost" wrote:

EXACTLY!

TA-VARIS JACK-SON!

Actually, it's Tarvaris Jackson. You forgot the R.

baumy300
11-12-2006, 04:41 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"baumy300" wrote:

"audioghost" wrote:

EXACTLY!

TA-VARIS JACK-SON!

Then go somewhere else.
It's just ridiculous the boner some have for a rookie QB who is unproven to play.
Hell, if he was so good he would be the #2 QB.

I'm sure Webby want's everyone who has a different outlook on the team to go somewhere else

Ok, so explain this to me. I don't know HOW some of you people think. It amazes me. Did half of you even play football?

But please, explain how much worse it can get with Jackson?

I am not saying he is the best Qb in the league, but you said it yourself : He is unproven.

If he comes in and sucks it up, I will eat a boat of crow. If not, then we all are much happier people because we then have a Qb on the field with some mobility and a decent arm.

I think most of us can agree BJ isn't performing worth a you-know what, and some already have made it clear they know how Bollinger is - Terrible.

What have we got to lose with Jackson?

Just answer me that. What could be any worse?

Answer it right or at least logically and I will leave.

EDIT: And you trust Brad "2 plays" Childress to determine who our 2nd string QB should be?

Gift
11-12-2006, 04:44 PM
"baumy300" wrote:

What have we got to lose with Jackson?
Our QB of the future.

What part about "he's not ready" dont you get?

Maybe give him a drive or 2 a game tostart getting the feel, but dont throw him to the wolves.
If we did in 2 weeks we'd be screaming "**Rookie #3 QB** sucks, pull him!"

Put in bollinger & start really getting **Rookie #3 QB** ready for next season.

EDIT - this filter on #7 is god damn fucking retarded.

Ltrey33
Doesn't matter....Matt Schaub is our quarterback next year anyway.
;D

CCthebest
I'd rather loose with Brooks as QB then BJ. BJ had his chance. Bj couldnt avoid a sack if the game depened on it. He has NO arm, and is inaccurate at best. You can thank Childress for our wonderful back up QBs.

Webby
11-12-2006, 04:45 PM
"Ltrey33" wrote:

"baumy300" wrote:

"audioghost" wrote:

EXACTLY!

TA-VARIS JACK-SON!

Actually, it's Tarvaris Jackson. You forgot the R.

LMAO!!!!

People lack for a sense of humor today, certainly.
Jackson Jackson O Jackson my steed, save my team!!

HornedHat
11-12-2006, 04:48 PM
I'm sure Jackson would be better; but, he will be even better next year, if we don't screw with him by putting all the pressure of saving our season on his inexperienced shoulders. Let Brooks play, and if Brooks can't play better than Brad...wel...hello Calvin, our next number one draft pick!

williamsontothebench
11-12-2006, 04:53 PM
"Ltrey33" wrote:

;D

Where did you hear this?
What will the cost be?
Schaub beat is and looked real good doing it..

Webby
11-12-2006, 04:54 PM
"HornedHat" wrote:

I'm sure Jackson would be better; but, he will be even better next year, if we don't screw with him by putting all the pressure of saving our season on his inexperienced shoulders. Let Brooks play, and if Brooks can't play better than Brad...wel...hello Calvin, our next number one draft pick!

An experienced point of view.

I want Jackson to be a goldang superstar.
Not this year though, because I don't want to hand him quarters when he goes homeless from being burnt out early.

baumy300
11-12-2006, 05:04 PM
All I want to do is see us win.

Same as any of you, I'm sure.

It's frustrating though.

Because guys liek Big Ben and Brady can succeed at so young, only to have our rookie being told he can't by a guy who has shown me nothing like Childress.

Thats why I say that. I have no faith in Childress.

Not to be an a$$, but I'm just being honest.

Ltrey33
11-12-2006, 05:06 PM

"Ltrey33" wrote:

;D

Where did you hear this?
What will the cost be?
Schaub beat is and looked real good doing it..

People were saying that we should have traded for Schaub last year. It was suggested on here like 1000 times and even some of the "experts" suggested it. Schaub is a free agent at the end of this year, and I think he'll want to go be a starter somewhere and stop backing up Vick. IMO, it would be stupid for us not to go after him, unless we're THAT sold on Jackson.

Webby
11-12-2006, 05:07 PM
"baumy300" wrote:

All I want to do is see us win.

Same as any of you, I'm sure.

It's frustrating though.

Because guys liek Big Ben and Brady can succeed at so young, only to have our rookie being told he can't by a guy who has shown me nothing like Childress.

Thats why I say that. I have no faith in Childress.

Not to be an a$$, but I'm just being honest.

Well hell, but coaches are usually given more than 8 games to get a new org going, especially a whole new org from the top down.

For every guy like Ben and Tom, there are many more that suck it rotten.
Carson Palmer got groomed, and he's better than the average punk!

I think we all just want to win.

Purple Floyd
11-12-2006, 05:11 PM
The only way an unproven quarterback becomes a proven quarterback is to play the game. you don't become proven just because it is your 2nd or 3rd year. In the preseason there was a show with a few of the retired HOF quarterbacks commenting on the very idea of whether it was better to play right away or ride the bench and they agreed that they never learned anything holding a clipboard.

If Childress is a competent QB developer then he should have his guy ready to play by now. Several other teams are starting rookies right now. Do you think Matt Lienart or Vince Young or Gratkowski are being ruined? IMO they are getting valuable game experience that they would not be getting on the bench.

Whether the succed or fail is dependant on their physical and mental ability, their coaches ability to put them in a successful position and their ability to stay healthy. If they burn out or crumble under the pressure they weren't cut out to play at that level anyway and the sooner we find out the better.

Play the rookie

Braddock
11-12-2006, 05:21 PM
"Webby" wrote:

Well, who knows, right?

Everyone is complaining how predictable our playcalling is, so they try to mix it up on thrid down pass plays. don't work out, but at least they're trying. And for those who want more excitement or big plays; do you know who our qb is? BC knows who it is. He knows he can't take too many shots down the field without BJ's arm dropping off. It aint' happening this year. Jackson's got a cannon. His, and our, time will come.

antoniopierce58
11-12-2006, 05:38 PM
rex grossman started at the end of his rookie year and he turned out fine, donovan mcnabb played his first year, so did steve mcnair.

we have the talent on offense for t jack to do good, our o line is good, it's just that brad johnson sits back their like an immobile donkey waiting for someone to sack him.
Tarvaris can overcome mckinnies tendency to get beat on the edge a couple of times with his speed and had the best arm in this years draft, allowing him to bomb it to bethel johnson, marcus robinson, travis taylor and troy williamson deep.

brad is done.

Webby
11-12-2006, 05:39 PM
"Braddock" wrote:

"Webby" wrote:

Well, who knows, right?

Everyone is complaining how predictable our playcalling is, so they try to mix it up on thrid down pass plays. don't work out, but at least they're trying. And for those who want more excitement or big plays; do you know who our qb is? BC knows who it is. He knows he can't take too many shots down the field without BJ's arm dropping off. It aint' happening this year. Jackson's got a cannon. His, and our, time will come.

Aye, but you can almost script 3rd down:
dump to Memo short of the sticks and hope he can make a play.
Its been that way for games since the fluke way back.

Other teams have noted this tendency, and it hasn't worked well since.
Our 3rd down conversions percentage is really sad.

ultravikingfan
11-12-2006, 05:56 PM
"antoniopierce58" wrote:

rex grossman started at the end of his rookie year and he turned out fine, donovan mcnabb played his first year, so did steve mcnair.

So did Tim Couch.

baumy300
11-12-2006, 06:41 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"antoniopierce58" wrote:

So did Tim Couch.

He just named 3 guys who succeeded after starting as rookies, and you bust out one guy who didn't. I think the numbers game points to guys who play as rookies turn out to be pretty decent.

Sure you have your Ryan Leafs and such, but people already knew he was kind of a bum.

You have Grossman, McNair, McNabb, BOTH Mannings, Big Ben (Super bowl winning Big Ben) Brady in the playoffs, Harrington (Don't laugh, hes doing good now) Plummer, Collins, etc... The list could go on.

All of them started as rookies at some point or another and all of them are either very good QB's or at least starting material.

You come up with "but yeah Tim Couch failed when he started."

I understand. Yeah tere are always those who don't pan out, but look at the list of guys who do.

Law of probability states most turn out ok. If he doesn't, then he wasn't meant to in the first place.

No better way to learn than experience.

DeathtoDenny
11-12-2006, 06:54 PM
I wonder if I had the remote from "Click" and fastforwardededed to the Vikings next Superbowl how old i'd be. I'd at least fast forward to next season.
Keep Johnson one more game, then get desperate.

Gift
11-12-2006, 06:58 PM
"DeathtoDenny" wrote:

I wonder if I had the remote from "Click" and fastforwardededed to the Vikings next Superbowl how old i'd be. I'd at least fast forward to next season.
Keep Johnson one more game, then get desperate.
I doubt I can take another game with Johnson "managing" this offense.

skum
11-12-2006, 07:10 PM
Lets hate on Atlanta for not giving up on Schaub last year!!

COJOMAY
11-12-2006, 07:39 PM
SIX PAGES Whining about BJ.
Why don't you guys devote SIX PAGES to the real problem -- an offensive line that can't stop a pass rush. About 80% of Brad's problem is he's got no time to look downfield and even if he did we don't have a good downfield receiver.
But the biggest problem right now is our offensive pass blocking.

kramer9guy
11-12-2006, 07:43 PM
"COJOMAY" wrote:

Why don't you guys devote SIX PAGES to the real problem -- an offensive line that can't stop a pass rush. About 80% of Brad's problem is he's got no time to look downfield and even if he did we don't have a good downfield receiver.

Amen brother.

I would also add costly penalties that bring back touchdowns that probably would have won the last two games for us.

Purple Floyd
11-12-2006, 07:44 PM
I started that rant lol ;D
Help me bump it to six pages and we are set lol.

VikesfaninWis
11-12-2006, 07:52 PM
I think we all just need to understand that our season is basically over at this point.. There is no way that our season will be turned around now.. Teams know how to defend against our offense, and aside for a few great offensive players, our offense is pathetic..

All I know is that if we are not making a change this season, then something needs to be done for next season.. If TJ isn't going to be the answer for a few years, then get a good QB in FA.. BJ is not the answer.. I am looking forward to watching Chester Taylor be our RB for many years to come, that guy has all kinds of talent..

Gift
11-12-2006, 07:57 PM
"COJOMAY" wrote:

Good players make plays, bad players need people to make excuses for them.

Guess which one we got.

BrooksBollingerForQB
11-12-2006, 08:26 PM
Next weekend after Joey Harrington out plays Brad, everyone will agree its time for change.

x-ray jeff
11-12-2006, 08:26 PM
"VikesfaninWis" wrote:

I think we all just need to understand that our season is basically over at this point.. There is no way that our season will be turned around now.. Teams know how to defend against our offense, and aside for a few great offensive players, our offense is pathetic..

All I know is that if we are not making a change this season, then something needs to be done for next season.. If TJ isn't going to be the answer for a few years, then get a good QB in FA.. BJ is not the answer.. I am looking forward to watching Chester Taylor be our RB for many years to come, that guy has all kinds of talent..

Yeah, this season looks pretty shot.
I believe any experience they can get for anyone they think is a keeper would be wise, otherwise it will be pointless.

ultravikingfan
11-12-2006, 08:53 PM
"COJOMAY" wrote:

Good point.

However most can disect the problems as complex as that.
Easier to bag on BJ.

vikes2456
11-12-2006, 09:02 PM
"COJOMAY" wrote:

No, the problem is a mixture of no blocking, receiving, and Brad aging. As much as I like the guy, he is not the long term solution for this team. We have A LOT to work on

Tom2Bucs
11-12-2006, 09:08 PM
I agree with ALL of you! The o-line sucks, the qb sucks and the wr's worse.This season is pretty much over and if we lose one more game (next week) it is time to just start TJ and be done with it! Lets just move on and start looking forward to the offseason & the draft.
p.s. it is definatly time to bench Williamson and just face the fact that he's a bust, and just think people...WE COULD'VE DRAFTED MERRIMAN!!!!!

Ltrey33
11-12-2006, 09:16 PM
"vikes2456" wrote:

"COJOMAY" wrote:

No, the problem is a mixture of no blocking, receiving, and Brad aging. As much as I like the guy, he is not the long term solution for this team. We have A LOT to work on

That's well put. It's not on one guy, it's a combination of suckitude.

vikingsFTW!!
11-13-2006, 01:50 AM
You know, living in texas, Ive seen this arguement about not changing an ageing starting QB before ;)
All I can say is this, what real harm can it do to put in Tjack.
He is only going to learn by gaining game experience.
We need to know if we need to invest in a Qb in the draft or through FA.
Tjack is mobile, he can get him self out of trouble if the line breaks down, and he has a strong arm
I mean whats there not to like. If his confindence gets frayed from making mistakes then he will NEVER make it in the nfl its as plain as that.
BC is missing a Donavan Mcnabb style QB and its obvious everytime I watch this offense. I like Brad johnson and i hate to see his skills fade, but Imo if we lose next week to the dolphins I think its time to call it a season and let the rookie get some game time.

Vikes
11-13-2006, 02:00 AM
I still have faith in BJohnson. People we SCREAMING last year for him when PEP was screwing up. So I what changed?
Everyone loved him last year. What changed?

midgensa
11-13-2006, 02:02 AM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Note to Childress!

Ok.
Good call.

I know that after all this time Ultra ... you have to know better than replying to the ignorant!
Obviously there needs to be something done. I have been against BJ being our QB since we dealt C-Pep. I don't necessarily want Pep, but I knew that meant we were keeping BJ ... and that would pose a serious problem for this team.
I say go with Brooks and see if there is a spark ... if there is not, then we go to Tarvaris for the last five games (once we are 4-7 and eliminated) or the last four games (once we are 5-7 and pretty much done). Worst to worst ... Brooks is a spark and in two weeks we are 6-5 and starting to do a lot of playoff math like last season.

BrooksBollingerForQB
11-13-2006, 02:04 AM
"Vikes" wrote:

I still have faith in BJohnson. People we SCREAMING last year for him when PEP was screwing up. So I what changed?
Everyone loved him last year. What changed?

Its quite simple, its the Dennis Green syndrome. the past 15 years or so every time one qb struggle, Green almost immediately plugged a new one in that did great. So fans no longer are loyal to our starting qb. until a coach breaks fans of that attitude, like Tice tred with Daunte, its gonna be a long time till fans stick with the starter as their man.

Odin VAVikefan
11-13-2006, 03:22 AM
I think that, if we are losing a game by more than 10 pts by the start of the 4th quarter, Childress should go ahead and toss TJ in the game and tell him to just have fun with it. Who knows, we have won games before during the Tice era doing just that. This team gets so freaking uptight and pessimistic after losses, and the 'not making a run for the playoffs, so let's play a pick-up game' method has helped us actually halt losing streaks and knock a few opponents out of the playoff race in the last 4 seasons.

I see no reason why TJ wouldn't be able to get a little valuable experience in the pro game without being 'damaged' by it as long as it is designed to be no-pressure. Could loosen the whole team up a bit. We've done it before, and let's face i, this team isn't playoff caliber, even if we somehow sneak in due to weak NFC teams.

singersp
11-13-2006, 04:36 AM
"UndisputedVike" wrote:

Brad Johnson has accounted for most of our turnovers this season either with an INT or his sack fumbles. I don't see how Bollinger could do any worse I mean the INT on the Vikings 2nd to last drive was the game ender and it's way to soon for Tarvaris.

Johnson can't move around, he can't throw the deep ball with any strength it's like he's playing shotput out there. It's embarrassing to be a fan of the Vikes the past 3 weeks, sorry to say.

??? Then exactly how did johnson over throw Johnson by at least 5 yards on the afore mentioned play?

singersp
11-13-2006, 07:57 AM
"bobbybryant101" wrote:

Seems to me that "stay the course" ain't workin' too well. With yet another woeful loss, and it being to the Packers, can we finally see Brooks or Tarvaris? No, it's not all Brad's fault, nor was it Bledsoe's in Dallas, or even Brunells in DC. At some point a team needs a spark, we won't know if another QB will be for the better until it's tried.
This post coming with plenty of time left in the 4th quarter, so you see my confidence level. Some of you will rationalize till your blue in the face, when this teams problem is right in front of your face, SIT JOHNSON!

There was no way you'd ever see Jackson in the 4th quarter of that game yesterday. He was inactive for the game.

AngloVike
11-13-2006, 08:13 AM
The only plus I can see for starting TJ instead of Johnson is that we'd have a younger pair of legs running around in the backfield when the OL fail to pass protect properly - again !

Zeus
11-13-2006, 08:13 AM
"baumy300" wrote:

"audioghost" wrote:

EXACTLY!

TA-VARIS JACK-SON!

That's "Tarvaris Jackson"
- the man has an "R" in his first name.

You should know the name of the crotch you're sniffing.

=Z=

Zeus
11-13-2006, 08:19 AM
"baumy300" wrote:

He just named 3 guys who succeeded after starting as rookies, and you bust out one guy who didn't. I think the numbers game points to guys who play as rookies turn out to be pretty decent.

Akili Smith, Heath Shuler, Joey Harrington, Drew Hensen, JP Losman, Jim Druckenmiller, Tim Rattay, Rick Mirer, Chris Weinke, Ryan Leaf, Todd Marinovich, Andre Ware....

There's a few more for ya.

=Z=

Zeus
11-13-2006, 08:22 AM
"singersp" wrote:

"bobbybryant101" wrote:

There was no way you'd ever see Jackson in the 4th quarter of that game yesterday. He was inactive for the game.

Actually, Tarvaris was the #3 QB, which, as we discussed last week, means he could play in the 4th quarter w/out penalty (in terms of putting Brad or Brooks back in).

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/gamebook/NFL_20061112_GB@MIN

#3QB 7 T.Jackson, CB 21 F.Smoot, RB 35 C.Fason, LB 58 N.Harris, C/T 62 R.Cook, G 64 A.Herrera, WR 87 M.Robinson, DE 91 R.Edwards

=Z=

singersp
11-13-2006, 08:29 AM
"AWZeus" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"bobbybryant101" wrote:

Actually, Tarvaris was the #3 QB, which, as we discussed last week, means he could play in the 4th quarter w/out penalty (in terms of putting Brad or Brooks back in).

#3QB 7 T.Jackson, CB 21 F.Smoot, RB 35 C.Fason, LB 58 N.Harris, C/T 62 R.Cook, G 64 A.Herrera, WR 87 M.Robinson, DE 91 R.Edwards

=Z=

Seeing his name on the inactive list means to me he was not suited up & on the sidelines & not on the active roster for the game. Are you saying he was there?

We were sitting across the field & couldn't tell.

Zeus
11-13-2006, 08:31 AM
"singersp" wrote:

"AWZeus" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"bobbybryant101" wrote:

=Z=

Seeing his name on the inactive list means to me he was not suited up & on the sidelines & not on the active roster for the game. Are you saying he was there?

Yup, he was there.
In uniform, wearing a visor, holding a clipboard and - quite frankly - not acting as interested in the game as I thought he should be.

=Z=

Prophet
11-13-2006, 08:34 AM
"AWZeus" wrote:

"baumy300" wrote:

"audioghost" wrote:

EXACTLY!

TA-VARIS JACK-SON!

=Z=

Sick of people hiding what people have to say with their propoganda?
There are a few places where people are posting about the Tarvaris situation based on the comments of the coaching staff and Tarvaris himself.
Read post #137 (http://www.purplepride.org/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=150&topic=28916.130) for one of the posts reagarding Tarvaris.
I have yet to see even one fan on this site that does not support Tarvaris, some just think their insight is better than the coaching staff's and their knowledge of his development is more in tune.
That is strange.
If you're going into heavy crotch-sniffing mode, at least try to justify it with some substance.
There is a nice summary of the Tarvaris acquisition here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarvaris_Jackson) too, showing that Childress is interested in developing Tarvaris.

Of course, the Tarvaris discussions are welcome, like any discussion is, but if you expect people to fall head over heals for him because someone posts something insightful like, "Start Tarvaris" then you haven't been around the site very long.

Zeus
11-13-2006, 08:38 AM
"Acumen" wrote:

"AWZeus" wrote:

"baumy300" wrote:

"audioghost" wrote:

EXACTLY!

TA-VARIS JACK-SON!

=Z=

There are a few places where people are posting about the Tarvaris situation based on the comments of the coaching staff and Tarvaris himself.
Read post #137 (http://www.purplepride.org/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=150&topic=28916.130) for one of the posts reagarding Tarvaris.
I have yet to see even one fan on this site that does not support Tarvaris, some just think their insight is better than the coaching staff's and their knowledge of his development is more in tune.
That is strange.
If you're going into heavy crotch-sniffing mode, at least try to justify it with some substance.
There is a nice summary of the Tarvaris acquisition here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarvaris_Jackson) too, showing that Childress is interested in developing Tarvaris.

Of course, the Tarvaris discussions are welcome, like any discussion is, but if you expect people to fall head over heals for him because someone posts something insightful like, "Start Tarvaris" then you haven't been around the site very long.

Who are you talking to in your post?
Me?
I'll show you some crotch-sniffing!

=Z=

singersp
11-13-2006, 08:38 AM
"AWZeus" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"AWZeus" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"bobbybryant101" wrote:

=Z=

Yup, he was there.
In uniform, wearing a visor, holding a clipboard and - quite frankly - not acting as interested in the game as I thought he should be.

=Z=

So, even though he is on the inactive list, he's still eligible to play?

Prophet
11-13-2006, 08:40 AM
"AWZeus" wrote:

"Acumen" wrote:

"AWZeus" wrote:

"baumy300" wrote:

"audioghost" wrote:

EXACTLY!

TA-VARIS JACK-SON!

=Z=

That is strange.

Me?

=Z=

lmao, I always just talk to myself, because my memory is short and I want to document my weak-minded thoughts before I forget them.
You are the crowned king of Tarvaris crotch sniffing.

Zeus
11-13-2006, 08:41 AM
"singersp" wrote:

"AWZeus" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"AWZeus" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

=Z=

Yup, he was there.

=Z=

Yup - if he's the designated 3rd QB.
That 46th spot on the "active" roster is the 3rd QB slot and carries the restrictions which were discussed last week.

=Z=

singersp
11-13-2006, 08:41 AM
"AWZeus" wrote:

Me?

=Z=

Please, just don't post any pictures!

Zeus
11-13-2006, 08:42 AM
"Acumen" wrote:

lmao, I always just talk to myself, because my memory is short and I want to document my weak-minded thoughts before I forget them.

Tarvaris Jackson's crotch smells of rose petals with just a hint of jasmine.

=Z=

Prophet
11-13-2006, 08:42 AM
"AWZeus" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"AWZeus" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"AWZeus" wrote:

=Z=

Yup, he was there.

=Z=

Yup - if he's the designated 3rd QB.
That 46th spot on the "active" roster is the 3rd QB slot and carries the restrictions which were discussed last week.

=Z=

It is always humbling to be in the presence of a Genius.

Zeus
11-13-2006, 08:43 AM
"singersp" wrote:

"AWZeus" wrote:

Me?

=Z=

What if I'm crotch-sniffing some cheerleaders?

=Z=
(Time of Death for this thread:
7:42am, Monday, November 13th)

singersp
11-13-2006, 09:04 AM
"AWZeus" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"AWZeus" wrote:

Me?

=Z=

=Z=

Then photoshop your face out of the pic & post away!

BadlandsVikings
11-13-2006, 09:14 AM
"AWZeus" wrote:

"Acumen" wrote:

Tarvaris Jackson's crotch smells of rose petals with just a hint of jasmine.

=Z=

:o Thank you for sharing AWCrotch

whackthepack
11-13-2006, 09:55 AM
"singersp" wrote:

"UndisputedVike" wrote:

??? Then exactly how did johnson over throw Johnson by at least 5 yards on the afore mentioned play?

Because he lobed it, he had no accuracy on the pass and that was why it was intercepted.
Somebody that has enough arm strength throws it on a rope, but Brad lobes his passes and he doesn't have enough arm strength to get passes to the right place look at McMullen's TD the pass was so under-thrown that Billy had to go back and get the ball and almost didn't score because it was so badly under-thrown.

It is time to bench Brad and try Bollinger!
Let's see how he can do for a couple of games and if he can't do any better by the 3rd game bring in T-Jack because the season will be over by that point.

cajunvike
11-13-2006, 10:47 AM
"singersp" wrote:

"AWZeus" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"AWZeus" wrote:

Me?

=Z=

=Z=

Then photoshop your face out of the pic & post away!

Works for me!
;D

NeumDog
11-14-2006, 01:56 PM
"midgensa" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Note to Childress!

Ok.
Good call.

I know that after all this time Ultra ... you have to know better than replying to the ignorant!
Obviously there needs to be something done. I have been against BJ being our QB since we dealt C-Pep. I don't necessarily want Pep, but I knew that meant we were keeping BJ ... and that would pose a serious problem for this team.
I say go with Brooks and see if there is a spark ... if there is not, then we go to Tarvaris for the last five games (once we are 4-7 and eliminated) or the last four games (once we are 5-7 and pretty much done). Worst to worst ... Brooks is a spark and in two weeks we are 6-5 and starting to do a lot of playoff math like last season.

Why are people ignorant because they have a different opinion than you?

That question goes for all of you who rip on people for starting threads or saying things you don't agree with.
Everyone's opinion counts as long as they are not personally attacking others on this site, no matter how wrong you think it might be.

Webby
11-14-2006, 02:22 PM
"NeumDog" wrote:

"midgensa" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Note to Childress!

Ok.
Good call.

That question goes for all of you who rip on people for starting threads or saying things you don't agree with.
Everyone's opinion counts as long as they are not personally attacking others on this site, no matter how wrong you think it might be.

That is exactly right, and there is a growing problem with this around here and I will not tolerate it any longer, from anyone including myself and mods.

I think its wrong to start Jacko now.

No one is any less intelligent than myself for thinking we should.
There is no right or easy answer, because if there was we wouldn't need teams of coaches to make decisions.

Football knowledge and stats is all and well, and so is a fan being a fan having a gut feeling or opinion and those differences can live side by side.
Respect your fellow Vikings fans.
THEY ARE NOT YOUR ENEMY.

cajunvike
11-14-2006, 02:59 PM
"NeumDog" wrote:

"midgensa" wrote:

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Note to Childress!

Ok.
Good call.

WOW!!!
Neum doesn't weigh in often...but when he drops knowledge, he comes down hard!!!
I agree...as long as someone isn't being too obnoxious, their opinion is always welcome.
We are all Vikings fans here (except for the occasional troll) so we should respect each other...and respectfully disagree when our opinions differ.