PDA

View Full Version : So, What kind of quarterback is Bollinger?

singersp
11-09-2006, 06:55 AM
Posted on Thu, Nov. 09, 2006

What are Vikings' options at quarterback? (http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/sports/football/15965485.htm)

BY DON SEEHOLZER
Pioneer Press

Gift
11-09-2006, 09:52 AM
"singersp" wrote:

Re: So, What kind of quarterback is Bollinger?We'll most likely find out in 2 weeks.

Del Rio
11-09-2006, 09:56 AM
He is a 2nd string QB who wont be seeing any playtime.

The article does make a lot of nice excuses for him though.

cajunvike
11-09-2006, 09:58 AM
A BACKUP quarterback....

marcosMN
11-09-2006, 10:05 AM
Look...

We've all known (since about June or so) that if Brad goes down, or really starts sucking monkey elbow, we're screwed.

I'm sorry, but I really don't see either Bollinger or T-Jax as fit or able to rally this team to the Superbowl this year. If something magical is gonna happen, the old man is going to be at the helm.

I am beginning to think honestly that IF Brad were to come out for whatever reason, I'd really have to start getting excited for some other sport, like women's curling or adaptive soccer.

Because if Brad is done, so are our hopes for a postseason.

Boo-hoo.

-Sno

Gift
11-09-2006, 10:07 AM
"Del" wrote:

You sure should certain about that, watching our current level of play I'm not sure where you are getting that kinda confidence but I hope you have some to share.

"SnoBumMN" wrote:

Because if Brad is done, so are our hopes for a postseason.
I think you could put anyone on the roster at QB & we could manage 3 points every two games.
So I think our post season hopes are the same regardless.

Del Rio
11-09-2006, 10:11 AM
"Gift" wrote:

"Del" wrote:

You sure should certain about that, watching our current level of play I'm not sure where you are getting that kinda confidence but I hope you have some to share.

I don't have to be sure. You will see it every week starting with a win this weekend against a division rival.

Gift
11-09-2006, 10:15 AM
"Del" wrote:

"Gift" wrote:

"Del" wrote:

I don't have to be sure. You will see it every week starting with a win this weekend against a division rival.And if we only manage 3 offensive points again, what then?

Del Rio
11-09-2006, 10:28 AM
"Gift" wrote:

"Del" wrote:

"Gift" wrote:

"Del" wrote:

I don't have to be sure. You will see it every week starting with a win this weekend against a division rival.And if we only manage 3 offensive points again, what then?

Not going to happen.

The only way Brooks see's the field again this year is if Brad gets hurt.

If he does or we do manage less then 20 points for any game the remainder of the season I will hand write you a letter telling you how wrong I was, I will mail it to you and you can scan it and post it here for the world to see and all the people that can't stand me can poke me with a stick.

Marrdro
11-09-2006, 10:29 AM
"Gift" wrote:

"Del" wrote:

"Gift" wrote:

"Del" wrote:

Pray our defense will either/or hold the offense to a big goose egg or score a couple TD's for us.
;D

davike
11-09-2006, 10:41 AM
"cajunvike" wrote:

A BACKUP quarterback....

i could give you a bunch of stats and type a few paragraphs but i will save myself and you ppl sometime and just tell you to read cajuns post :) he has it all covered right there in 3 simple words

Prophet
11-09-2006, 10:47 AM
"davike" wrote:

"cajunvike" wrote:

A BACKUP quarterback....

i could give you a bunch of stats and type a few paragraphs but i will save myself and you ppl sometime and just tell you to read cajuns post :) he has it all covered right there in 3 simple words

You fucking maddenite/moss sniffer.
;) 8)

davike
11-09-2006, 10:50 AM
"Acumen" wrote:

"davike" wrote:

"cajunvike" wrote:

A BACKUP quarterback....

You fricken maddenite/moss sniffer.

;) 8)

old fart ;D ;)

CCthebest
11-09-2006, 11:50 AM
If we loose 4 more games, or BJ has another 3 turnover game in which he can only lead the offense to 3 points, Childress will put in Brooks, and say BJ is hurt.

tb04512
11-09-2006, 02:40 PM
brooks is what 5-9?? cant see over the line sacked 3 times in a row, throws a pick iun the endzone the next drive.. he is a scrub and i would not want to watch if he was out qb... id rather see tjack even if we lost all but the packer games...... maybe its just cuz ive never liked brooks, but i dont think we have a chance with him if bradley goes down

Mr Anderson
11-09-2006, 02:44 PM
I know what kind!

A TERRIBLE quarterback.

I saw him play with the Jets, he's awful.

skum
11-10-2006, 07:15 AM
With the offensive line that year, he had about 0.3 seconds the get rid of the ball before a defender stood in his face..

Dont get me wrong, i think that Johnson should start, but Brooks didnt have a chance of winning games with the Jets, and yet he won a couple..

davike
11-10-2006, 05:27 PM
"skum" wrote:

With the offensive line that year, he had about 0.3 seconds the get rid of the ball before a defender stood in his face..

Dont get me wrong, i think that Johnson should start, but Brooks didnt have a chance of winning games with the Jets, and yet he won a couple..

i don't think bollinger should start either, but i do agree with you, skum. i don't know about the rest of his career, but last year he wasn't given a chance to win games, his whole team had already collapsed around him. i don't think that bollinger is a bad QB, but i think that BJ is better, more then likely if BJ returns to his normal self, playing mistake free football. then bollinger will never get a chance to start, unless BJ gets hurt. in a year or 2 it will be Tarvaris, so your looking at a QB that never really got a chance to start, and probably won't with the vikings.

JellyBean2144
11-10-2006, 05:35 PM
I think that the key phrase in this was "He had his moment". They were talking about his 300 yard game against the Dolphins. Sounds great, and it is. But let Brad go these next 1-2 games. If Brad continues to have problems and we lose both games, put Bollinger in then. But right now, let Brad hold it down.

RK.
11-10-2006, 05:50 PM
"Del" wrote:

Not going to happen.

If he does or we do manage less then 20 points for any game the remainder of the season I will hand write you a letter telling you how wrong I was, I will mail it to you and you can scan it and post it here for the world to see and all the people that can't stand me can poke me with a stick.

Well that is probably better than shaving all the hair off your body.
LOL
Now where did I put that stick.
;D

VKG4LFE
11-10-2006, 07:53 PM
"Gift" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

Re: So, What kind of quarterback is Bollinger?We'll most likely find out in 2 weeks.

A worthless running QB that went to a horrible college and shouldn't be even a practice squad guy let alone a 2nd stringer!

singersp
11-10-2006, 08:30 PM
"RK." wrote:

"Del" wrote:

Not going to happen.

Well that is probably better than shaving all the hair off your body.
LOL
Now where did I put that stick.
;D

RK, if it does come to fruitation, would you seriously poke a totally hairless man with a stick as he's trying to write a letter?

Where's your sense of compassion?
;D

Gift
11-12-2006, 03:59 PM
"Del" wrote:

"Gift" wrote:

"Del" wrote:

"Gift" wrote:

"Del" wrote:

Not going to happen.

:P

Webby
11-12-2006, 04:01 PM
"Gift" wrote:

"Del" wrote:

"Gift" wrote:

"Del" wrote:

"Gift" wrote:

Not going to happen.

Lets ask this question:
when DC floundered, did not BJ come in and it was a spark?

When BJ flounders, should BB get a shot.
I am not to the T part of the alphabet yet.

whackthepack
11-13-2006, 10:18 AM
"Webby" wrote:

"Gift" wrote:

"Del" wrote:

"Gift" wrote:

"Del" wrote:

Not going to happen.

Lets ask this question:
when DC floundered, did not BJ come in and it was a spark?

When BJ flounders, should BB get a shot.

I am not to the T part of the alphabet yet.

I don't know if Brad is having shoulder problems but he doesn't have enough to throw a rope pass more than 15 yards and his lobes are killing us, it is time to give Bollinger the ball and let him try to move this offense and see if he has what it takes to be a QB in the NFL.
if he doesn't after 3 games and flounders like Brad has, then it is time to go to the T's!

Del Rio
11-13-2006, 10:28 AM
Brooks Bollinger will get his shot now. The team is grasping at straws and someone will need to take the blame so they can move on. It was DC a year ago and it will be Brad this season. I am expecting Brooks to be running the show very soon.

azjet
11-13-2006, 02:20 PM
"VKG4LFE" wrote:

"Gift" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

A worthless running QB that went to a horrible college and shouldn't be even a practice squad guy let alone a 2nd stringer!

Worthless? Horrible college? 2 Rose Bowls, 4 bowl game wins, 30-12 career record and a couple Axes against Minn. I know, I know, this is the pros not college but you brought it up. BJ will take the roasting but it's all about O-line play and coaching (play calling) that's killing the Vikes and believe me Brooks has alot of experience with those weaknesses thanks to the Jets last year. If they continue to game plan the same, the result will be the same. I know Bollinger can throw a better deep ball than the duck that BJ threw for the INT in the 4th quarter.

http://www.purplepride.org/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/full.getty-71465370sd011_new_england_p_12_13_13_am.gif (http://www.purplepride.org/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/full.getty-71465370sd011_new_england_p_12_13_13_am.gif)

Del Rio
11-13-2006, 02:31 PM
That's good.

At least we can watch a pretty spiral as it hits our WR's hands and falls to the ground.

or

When he gets sacked because he can't throw the ball in 1.3 seconds we will at least know that had he thrown the ball it would have been better.

;D

bleedpurple
11-13-2006, 02:35 PM
Are we the only offense that hasn't scored more than 20 points in a game more than once this season?
I'm not including defensive and special teams td's....

I'm all for something different at QB... I'd hate to blame brad for everything but c'mon.. something needs to be done... My guess, is, if M.Rob comes back and we still suck, BC will make the change...

I guess we'll see.....

JDogg926
11-13-2006, 02:42 PM
"bleedpurple" wrote:

Are we the only offense that hasn't scored more than 20 points in a game more than once this season?
I'm not including defensive and special teams td's....

I'm all for something different at QB... I'd hate to blame brad for everything but c'mon.. something needs to be done... My guess, is, if M.Rob comes back and we still suck, BC will make the change...

I guess we'll see.....

Speaking of Robinson, when is he due back, he seems to be the only receiver Brad has faith in on the deep balls.
Although Bethel did make one nice catch last week, as did McMullen.
I think Brad Johnson does better throwing to big wideouts, that why it should be McMullen and MRobinson, with Bethel Johnson and Troy Williamson the 3 and 4 guys.

singersp
11-13-2006, 07:03 PM
"Del" wrote:

That's good.

At least we can watch a pretty spiral as it hits our WR's hands and falls to the ground.

or

When he gets sacked because he can't throw the ball in 1.3 seconds we will at least know that had he thrown the ball it would have been better.

;D

Make that 1.8 seconds. Remember, he has more mobility & faster legs.