PDA

View Full Version : Vikings sign Charles Gordon from the practice squad

singersp
11-07-2006, 06:52 PM
Vikings sign Charles Gordon from the practice squad (http://www.vikings.com/news_detail_objectname_GordonSigned11706.html)

singersp
11-07-2006, 06:54 PM
??? We have receivers dropping the ball all over the place & they bring up a CB from the practice squad.

The only thing I can figure is they expect Smoot to be away this weekend & need the depth.

cogitans
11-07-2006, 06:56 PM
So this is why we cut Baker.

I guess he just outperformed him. And our DB's hasn't been exactly stunning.

And doesn't he also return kicks. Punt relieve for MM maybe?

ItalianStallion
11-07-2006, 07:01 PM
"singersp" wrote:

??? We have receivers dropping the ball all over the place & they bring up a CB from the practice squad.

The only thing I can figure is they expect Smoot to be away this weekend & need the depth.

Gordon played WR in college too
:)

PurplePeopleEaters
11-07-2006, 07:12 PM
Ja-son Car-ter *clap clap clap clap clap*
:P

WINchester FIELDer
11-07-2006, 10:58 PM
Did they sign him to the roster after the Smoot situation or before?

vikes_4_life_42
11-07-2006, 11:06 PM
bbbbb but what about jason carter? i really wish they would quit jerkin him around, from the practice squad to the team, back to practice squad. i would really like to see him play a real game in the nfl. i hope gordon does well. i dont know how he plays because i dont watch college sports, and i dont remember him in the preseason. so we will see i guess.

ThorSPL
11-07-2006, 11:08 PM
Most likely after, since he found out right after the game... but regardless you can be sure the Vikings organization knew what was up with Smoot's plans for the week before the media did....

MensaTice
11-07-2006, 11:29 PM
'bout damn time! Rock Chalk Jayhawk

ItalianStallion
11-07-2006, 11:52 PM
"vikes_4_life_42" wrote:

bbbbb but what about jason carter? i really wish they would quit jerkin him around, from the practice squad to the team, back to practice squad. i would really like to see him play a real game in the nfl. i hope gordon does well. i dont know how he plays because i dont watch college sports, and i dont remember him in the preseason. so we will see i guess.

I dunno man, after all he only went to Texas A&M, he might collapse mentally and develop bad habits if we throw him into a game situation too early.
::)

olson_10
11-07-2006, 11:58 PM
"vikes_4_life_42" wrote:

jason carter hasnt proven he can drop balls consistently yet lol

HornedHat
11-08-2006, 12:18 AM
Jason Carter desrves a chance. How could he be worse than the ass clowns we got droppin now?

cajunvike
11-08-2006, 12:55 AM
"ItalianStallion" wrote:

"vikes_4_life_42" wrote:

I dunno man, after all he only went to Texas A&M, he might collapse mentally and develop bad habits if we throw him into a game situation too early.

LOL

cajunvike
11-08-2006, 01:14 AM
"singersp" wrote:

Vikings sign Charles Gordon from the practice squad (http://www.vikings.com/news_detail_objectname_GordonSigned11706.html)

My Kansas grad buddy is gonna be stoked!

Caine
11-08-2006, 02:36 AM
"ItalianStallion" wrote:

"vikes_4_life_42" wrote:

** /me gelds the Italian Stalion **

I'm with Singer on this...why a DB when what we really need is someone who can catch on Offense?

Caine

Prophet
11-08-2006, 07:08 AM
Gordon promoted (http://www.startribune.com/blogs/vikings/)
Tuesday, November 7th, 2006
by Judd Zulgad

The Vikings filled their open roster spot this afternoon by promoting cornerback Charles Gordon from the practice squad. Gordon, a rookie who was a two-way star at Kansas, was an odds-on favorite to make the roster during training camp before he suffered a knee injury.

Gordon gives the team extra depth at a position that was dealt a tragic blow this week. The half-brother of starter Fred Smoot was killed Sunday in a car accident, and Smoot has returned to his Mississippi home to mourn. It is unclear when Smoot will return.

The Vikings had worked out defensive back Derrick Strait last week but Strait signed Tuesday with NFC North rival Chicago.

Rookie Cedric Griffin was used in the nickel Sunday at San Francisco after rotating on a series-by-series basis with Ronyell Whitaker in recent weeks. Whitaker only played on special teams Sunday.

singersp
11-08-2006, 07:12 AM
Vikings add cornerback, cut safety (http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/sports/15954201.htm)

Posted on Tue, Nov. 07, 2006

By Kevin Seifert and Judd Zulgad

whackthepack
11-08-2006, 02:53 PM
"ItalianStallion" wrote:

"vikes_4_life_42" wrote:

Maybe?

But apparently the coaching staff that sees him everyday doesn't feel he can help the team at this time, and I guess that I will believe them since they see him everyday instead of people that think he is going to be a savior because he had a good preseason against 3rd and 4th stringers that are out of the league!