PDA

View Full Version : Why is everyone so down

arialassault84
11-07-2006, 09:17 AM
Every one keeps talking so down about what is happening with the vikes. Why??? I'm loving the fact that we are losing. This team needs offense and needs it bad. Finishing 8-8 or 9-9 is going to do nothing to help this offense. finishing in the middle of the pack has plagued us for years.When a team is stuck in the middle
of the pack during the draft you get OK talent( unless someone falls) and never really get better. So the next year again middle of the pack. The vikes have been there for years. Next year a top five pick and we can start all over with this franchise. Clavin Johnson is the future, the game breaker we need. If anyone refers to Twill because we picked #7, just look at who was picking and what was available. I stand by the fact that we should have taken Derrick Johnson or we could have had Merriman.

BadlandsVikings
11-07-2006, 09:23 AM
I'm loving the fact that we are losing.

are you serious?
I stopped reading after I read that
>:(

Del Rio
11-07-2006, 09:31 AM
Well sorry to say that we are probably going to finish middle of the pack. So you might as well start feeling sad too.

A high draft pick doesn't = a good draft pick always

Definatley not enough to justify having to watch crappy football when you know your team is better, and NEVER EVER justify losing on purpose (which you didnt suggest) if anyone ever does that they should be banned from the NFL for life.

WisconsinSucks
11-07-2006, 09:32 AM
I love the fact that we're losing?
So we can pick higher?
Thats like wanting your tonsils out so you can eat ice cream.
Completely nuts.

Check out the drafts from the past.
It's a crap shoot regardless of where you pick.
The Vikes are under the cap every year and allows them to get proven free agents.
We are only a couple pieces short of the complete puzzle.

Never be happy with losing, thats completely insane.
I don't even know why I'm bothering to reply to this.

Freya
11-07-2006, 09:36 AM
I don't feel down today. I feel quite yippy skippy. Happy camperish even.

Skol Vikings!!!

whackthepack
11-07-2006, 09:37 AM
"arialassault84" wrote:

Every one keeps talking so down about what is happening with the vikes. Why??? I'm loving the fact that we are losing. This team needs offense and needs it bad. Finishing 8-8 or 9-9 is going to do nothing to help this offense. finishing in the middle of the pack has plagued us for years.When a team is stuck in the middle
of the pack during the draft you get OK talent( unless someone falls) and never really get better. So the next year again middle of the pack. The vikes have been there for years. Next year a top five pick and we can start all over with this franchise. Clavin Johnson is the future, the game breaker we need. If anyone refers to Twill because we picked #7, just look at who was picking and what was available. I stand by the fact that we should have taken Derrick Johnson or we could have had Merriman.

OK!

Lobotomy was successful!

Why am I down?

The Vikes have lost 4 of their last 6 games!

The offense has not scored a TD in 9 quarters, again!

Brad Johnson has twice as many INT's as TD's!

And Travis Taylor and Troy Williamson have clubs instead of hands!

Is that enough for you or do you want me to go on!

happy camper
11-07-2006, 09:37 AM
an early spot in the draft doesnt make teams better. otherwise the lions and cardinals would have hoisted the trophy hundreds of times by now.

refer to the quote in my sig

VikLloyd
11-07-2006, 09:38 AM
are u serious??? wow i cant believe you would say you want to lose thats ridiculous, u know if the season ended today we are the 6th team we make the playoffs and we have an easy stretch of games, that is outrageous u would wish we would lose, terrible 4real.

Prophet
11-07-2006, 09:40 AM
I'm responding to this post for no reason other than satisfying my post whoring needs for the morning.

A wise man once said, "One player does not a team make".

cogitans
11-07-2006, 09:55 AM
I'm never going to be happy about our team loosing, just for the sake of drafting higher.

Also what gets you a good team is getting quality throughout the draft. Not only in the first round.

Purple Floyd
11-07-2006, 10:11 AM
Just think, if we lose enough games to move up to #7 in the draft we can get another Troy Williamson.

Brilliant.

CCthebest
11-07-2006, 10:20 AM
Saying your happy for Viles loses is silly, especially when they are 4 and 4. Im no Childress fan, but Im positive the LAST thing on his mind is next years draft.

NodakPaul
11-07-2006, 10:23 AM
LOL.
OK, that is a lesson in optimism.

Let me try... If we keep losing, then my season tickets will mkeep moving closer to the field.
A high draft pick will make the draft day party more exciting.
Shorter lines at the autograph sessions...

Nope, doesn't work.
i would still rather win. ;D

midgensa
11-07-2006, 10:31 AM
Hey ... we are still the No. 6 seed if the playoffs started today! Be excited ... if all goes the same in the second half we would be heading to either New Orleans or New York to get our butts kicked right now!

Purple Floyd
11-07-2006, 10:56 AM
"midgensa" wrote:

Hey ... we are still the No. 6 seed if the playoffs started today! Be excited ... if all goes the same in the second half we would be heading to either New Orleans or New York to get our butts kicked right now!

Who would we play in the first round?

NodakPaul
11-07-2006, 11:16 AM
I think if the season were to end to day we would play New York based on strength of victory... but that is hard to say because we are only halfway through the season. Definately either NYG or NO.

Zeus
11-07-2006, 11:46 AM
"Acumen" wrote:

I'm responding to this post for no reason other than satisfying my post whoring needs for the morning.

A donut with no hole is a danish.

=Z=

Marrdro
11-07-2006, 11:50 AM
"arialassault84" wrote:

Have you been listening to the Mike Greenberg (JETS Fan) on ESPN radio? ???

One draft pick won't fix our team.
We need to be smart (like we were this year) with every pick so that they can contribute as scheduled (QB's don't play for a year or two ;D).
That will change our team.....
Not loosing for a high draft pick.
Look at the production our draft class are providing this year wether they are starting on Off/Def or on special teams.

Ltrey33
11-07-2006, 12:49 PM
I'll never be happy when the Vikings lose, especially when we drop from 4-2 to 4-4. We're still in position to make the playoffs (hopefully) and although we may not have the talent to win the whole thing, stranger things HAVE happened. If we can make it to the playoffs, I think we have a genuine shot at the whole thing with an experienced quarterback and a good defense.

RK.
11-07-2006, 01:17 PM
"Acumen" wrote:

I'm responding to this post for no reason other than satisfying my post whoring needs for the morning.I am just filling my WMD whoring need for this morning. lol

;D
Nice Acumen.
Which wise man was that?
The one with the frankincense?

Mr Anderson
11-07-2006, 01:35 PM
"Del" wrote:

Well sorry to say that we are probably going to finish middle of the pack. So you might as well start feeling sad too.

Definatley not enough to justify having to watch crappy football when you know your team is better, and NEVER EVER justify losing on purpose (which you didnt suggest) if anyone ever does that they should be banned from the NFL for life.

Randy Moss' Stats for his first two seasons. He was a #21 overall draft pick.

149 Receptions, 2726 yards, 28 Touchdowns, 46 receptions of 20 or more yards, 24 receptions of 40 or more yards, 103 first downs.

Here is Troy Williamson's stats for his first year and a half combined. #7 overall draft pick.

49 receptions 694 yards, 2 Touchdowns, 10 receptions of 20 or more yards, 3 receptions of 40 or more yards, 34 first downs.

Moss more than tripled his production in every stat in only 25% more time, and was picked at a spot 3 times as high. And Troy is lucky drops isn't a stat on NFL.com, or else there would be another stat Moss dominated him in, by probably 20 times.

We don't need a new receiver, we need an old one back. No one on this site can say that it was a good trade anymore.

Del Rio
11-07-2006, 01:42 PM
"Mr" wrote:

"Del" wrote:

149 Receptions, 2726 yards, 28 Touchdowns, 46 receptions of 20 or more yards, 24 receptions of 40 or more yards, 103 first downs.

Here is Troy Williamson's stats for his first year and a half combined. #7 overall draft pick.

49 receptions 694 yards, 2 Touchdowns, 10 receptions of 20 or more yards, 3 receptions of 40 or more yards, 34 first downs.

Moss more than tripled his production in every stat in only 25% more time, and was picked at a spot 3 times as high. And Troy is lucky drops isn't a stat on NFL.com, or else there would be another stat Moss dominated him in, by probably 20 times.

We don't need a new receiver, we need an old one back. No one on this site can say that it was a good trade anymore.

Moss would have been drafted where Kevin Dyson was drafted had he not had character issues coming into the draft so he would have been a high draft pick had the Titans gone with him instead of Dyson.

I remember they were touted as the two best WR's coming out of college and there was massive debate about who would go where.

Nevermind Dyson was the first WR taken at 16. That is not that much Higher.

Randy Moss lives in Al Davis' world now. You will never see him again.

Webby
11-07-2006, 02:35 PM
"Acumen" wrote:

Hey, I got quoted!!
I feel warm and fuzzy inside, and this time its not my flask of vodka hidden undr my desk drawer!

Slade
11-07-2006, 03:22 PM
I'm mad because we lost to SF......i have a bad feeling about this game with the Packers. If we lose, I'm gonna jump off a 2 story building. I don't wanna die ya know.....lol.

olson_10
11-07-2006, 03:28 PM
uhhh..we scored 3 points against the 49ers (on pace to allow more points than anybody in nfl history), and now our star defensive player is starting to go apeshit in the media over how disgraceful the offense is

olson_10
11-07-2006, 03:33 PM
"arialassault84" wrote:

lol and we got troy williamson with a very high pick, and look how thats turned out..you win as many games as you can, and this place becomes an attractive player in the FA market..i wouldnt depend on a receiver in the draft as much as getting a guy in FA

whackthepack
11-07-2006, 03:36 PM
"Mr" wrote:

"Del" wrote:

Randy had a better situation than Troy walked into!

Randy 1998

Cris Carter and Jake Reed where 1 and 2 to start the season so there really wasn't a ton of pressure on Randy to be the star.

Had the best o-line in football that year and Cunningham had outstanding season when he replaced Brad Johnson who got hurt at the start of the season.

Had Dennis Green as his headcoach and Brian Billick as his O-coordinator.

Had Robert Smith coming out of the backfield to make defenses cheat up to try and stop him.

Troy 2005

No number 1 receiver to start the season, Koren slowly worked his way to that position. Expectation were really high for Troy to take Randy's place and he had a lot of pressure put on him.

O-line decimated by injuries to Birk, Rosenthal and Tice being to stupid to bring Dixon to camp.

Onterrio Smith suspended for the season because of drug use.

Daunte spazzed out at the start of the season and couldn't hit the broad side of a barn, and then he had a new QB 1/2 way through the season, even tho Brad filled in Ok for Daunte after he got hurt.

Had meat-head Tice as his head coach and Steve Loney (O-line coach) as his O-coordinator.

Troy in 2005 didn't have all the advantages that Randy did in 1998, and we are lucky Troy didn't quit and run away like Underwood did.

olson_10
11-07-2006, 03:42 PM
"whackthepack" wrote:

"Mr" wrote:

"Del" wrote:

Randy 1998

Cris Carter and Jake Reed where 1 and 2 to start the season so there really wasn't a ton of pressure on Randy to be the star.

Had the best o-line in football that year and Cunningham had outstanding season when he replaced Brad Johnson who got hurt at the start of the season.

Had Robert Smith coming out of the backfield to make defenses cheat up to try and stop him.

Troy 2005

No number 1 receiver to start the season, Koren slowly worked his way to that position. Expectation were really high for Troy to take Randy's place and he had a lot of pressure put on him.

O-line decimated by injuries to Birk, Rosenthal and Tice being to stupid to bring Dixon to camp.

Daunte spazzed out at the start of the season and couldn't hit the broad side of a barn, and then he had a new QB 1/2 way through the season, even tho Brad filled in Ok for Daunte after he got hurt.

Had meat-head Tice as his head coach and Steve Loney (O-line coach) as his O-coordinator.

Troy in 2005 didn't have all the advantages that Randy did in 1998, and we are lucky Troy didn't quit and run away like Underwood did.

sure, but randy could make the most of his opportunity and actually catch a damn football..even last season troy looked like an idiot when he tried catching deep balls

Mr Anderson
11-07-2006, 03:46 PM
"whackthepack" wrote:

"Mr" wrote:

"Del" wrote:

Randy 1998

Troy 2005

Ok, even if his situation was better, 4 times the yards, 8-9 times the amount of touchdowns, 1/3 of the receptions.... a mediocre situation is no excuse for talent, if you get drafted at #7, and have 4.3 speed you're expected to make an impact, and he hasn't.

Say what you want, but you and I both know you would rather have Randy Moss on this team than Troy Williamson.

ultravikingfan
11-07-2006, 04:46 PM
Wow...the minute this turned into a Moss thread this happened:

http://s87266680.onlinehome.us/avatars/forum/postchart.jpg

whackthepack
11-07-2006, 05:51 PM
"Mr" wrote:

"whackthepack" wrote:

"Mr" wrote:

"Del" wrote:

Randy 1998

Troy 2005

Ok, even if his situation was better, 4 times the yards, 8-9 times the amount of touchdowns, 1/3 of the receptions.... a mediocre situation is no excuse for talent, if you get drafted at #7, and have 4.3 speed you're expected to make an impact, and he hasn't.

Say what you want, but you and I both know you would rather have Randy Moss on this team than Troy Williamson.

Your stats were for 1 and 1/2 years lets add the other quarter and fill out a 2 year projection.

Troy Williamson 1st 2 years using what he has done so far, plus another third.

65 receptions
923 yards
3 TD's
13 receptions over 20 yards
4 receptions over 40 yards
45 1st downs

Lets take a look at another receiver that did not have a great 1st 2 years

Steve Smith 2001 & 2002 season

64 receptions
1008 yards receiving
3 TD's
20 over 20 yards
4 over 40 yards
41 1st downs

pretty similar!

Now lets compare 2005 for Randy Moss and Steve Smith!

Steve Smith
107 receptions
1,563 yards receiving
12 TD's
22 over 20 yards
7 over 40 yards
70 1st downs

Randy Moss
60 receptions
1005 yards receiving
15 over 20 yards
4 over 40 yards
46 1st downs

And if I remember right Steve Smith was dropping balls left and right and the fans didn't like him much, do you think they have changed their minds? ;)

By the way Randy is having statistically a worse season in 2006 than he did in 2005!

Gift
11-07-2006, 06:04 PM
You Heard It Here First!!!

Troy Williamson is the next Steve Smith!!

I know, j/k & all that

whackthepack
11-08-2006, 01:48 PM
"Gift" wrote:

You Heard It Here First!!!

Troy Williamson is the next Steve Smith!!

I know, j/k & all that

Not what I said or meant, what I was trying to express is that not all great wide receivers start out that way.

Troy could be a bust, or he could come into his own and become a good receiver.

x-ray jeff
11-08-2006, 02:17 PM
Why is everyone so down ? Such is life as a Viking fan. Not everyone is as down as you may think. For some folks,4-4 at the halfway point seemed to be a stretch , myself included. If the offense can muster any points at all , the second half of the season could be better. 9-7 or better is not unthinkable.However,9-9 would be impossible.

FreakinVikingsBaby
11-08-2006, 02:19 PM
I agree completley. Jerry Rice was dropping passes his first two seasons. In fact, the fans booed him when he got announced at the beginning of the game on several occasions. Troy is feeling the pressure and it may be even a whole nother year until he gets into form. Believe me I am super pissed about the drops and screamed for him to be cut, but when I sit back and think and look at others who have been in similar situations, I realize it will take time. This is the same reason why TJ shouldn't start.

MplsViking
11-08-2006, 04:29 PM
"arialassault84" wrote:

1st of all you are crazy for saying you're happy we're losing. 2nd of all how could we finish 9-9? Unless you are saying we will make the playoffs at 8-8 (not going to happen) and then win 1 and lose 1 in the playoffs.
Overall, a weird post.
::)