PDA

View Full Version : 2 questions: Just a YES or NO

Garland Greene
11-06-2006, 11:59 AM
We have all stated our reasons as to why so there is no need to repeat them here and start it all over again. But I am curious as to the overall opinion for next week.

Brad Johnson Benched Yes or No
Troy Williamson Benched Yes or No

BJ Yes
TW Yes

NodakPaul
11-06-2006, 12:02 PM
BJ No (not yet...)
TW Yes

Wouldn't this have been easier as a poll?

SKOL
11-06-2006, 12:04 PM
BJ - No
TW - No

I think you can still change it to a poll.

Del Rio
11-06-2006, 12:04 PM
Added a poll to make life easier.

Gift
11-06-2006, 12:15 PM
Bollinger Time! Bollinger Time! Bollinger Time!

Yes & Yes.
Prove you can be starters or ride the pine.
4 & 4 losing to san fran has destroyed my playoff hopes for the year.

Prophet
11-06-2006, 12:17 PM
Where is BollingerforQB?
There's a member registered with that name, or something similar to it.
This may be his only time to shine.

Zeus
11-06-2006, 12:19 PM
"Acumen" wrote:

Where is BollingerforQB?

I think that was Prophet.
Before he left.
Whatever happened to that guy?

=Z=

Prophet
11-06-2006, 12:22 PM
"AWZeus" wrote:

"Acumen" wrote:

Where is BollingerforQB?

Before he left.

=Z=

I heard he died and the first day he rose again, spewing wisdom to all.

tke0933
11-06-2006, 12:22 PM
Play them both, but don't hesistate to make a switch when/if we're not moving the ball and scoring some points.

Zeus
11-06-2006, 12:26 PM
"Acumen" wrote:

"AWZeus" wrote:

"Acumen" wrote:

Where is BollingerforQB?

Before he left.

Confucius say:

Of a gentleman who is frivolous none stand in awe, nor can his learning be sound. Make faithfulness and truth thy masters: have no friends unlike thyself: be not ashamed to mend thy faults.

=Z=
VOTE TOMORROW!

snowinapril
11-06-2006, 12:30 PM
If this was Dec, I would say Brad gets to sit too.
But we can still make it to the playoffs.
Won't do us any good if we can't score.

Prophet
11-06-2006, 12:31 PM
"AWZeus" wrote:

"Acumen" wrote:

"AWZeus" wrote:

"Acumen" wrote:

Where is BollingerforQB?

Before he left.

Confucius say:

Of a gentleman who is frivolous none stand in awe, nor can his learning be sound. Make faithfulness and truth thy masters: have no friends unlike thyself: be not ashamed to mend thy faults.

=Z=
VOTE TOMORROW!

Nostradamus says:

“The skeptic community overwhelmingly embraced what they formerly dismissed as New Age claptrap ... We give up! The nuts were right.”

Bdubya
11-06-2006, 01:26 PM
Will they be benched? No.

Should they be? I guess not,
Brad is better than Bollinger, and Williamson is -unfortunately - one of our better receivers.

Ltrey33
11-06-2006, 01:58 PM
Troy absolutely deserves to ride the pine for a while. Brad probably does as well, but we have no better option. Although, if he has another game like he did the past two weeks next week, then he should ride the bench out of principle.

VikesfaninWis
11-06-2006, 02:55 PM
BJ- yes (To bad we didn't go after Griese a little harder before the season..)

TW- yes (When M-Rob comes back, I say start him and Bethel Johnson..)

VikingsExpress
11-06-2006, 03:07 PM
Keep brad in, i think some of his bad throws come outta frustration with how the offense is doing.
Bollinger is definitely not the answer.
T-Will needs to sit out a game or two and during those weeks just work on catching the ball, especially over the head catches.

kramer9guy
11-06-2006, 03:35 PM
-The only way Brad rides the pine is if...

1) we are officially eliminated from the playoff picture down the road. If so, Childress will probably play Jackson a little towards the end of the season since I believe he will probably be our starter next year.

2) he starts throwing a lot of INT's (not due to tipped balls,etc...) and turning the ball over (not due to O-line play). Then I believe we'll see Brooks as our starter.

-Troy will not be benched, but I do believe we will see less of him for a little while (from what I could gather from Childress's press conference today). He really needs to get his head together and his confidence back. Then and only then can he start working on fundamentals again.

jargomcfargo
11-06-2006, 03:47 PM
"AWZeus" wrote:

"Acumen" wrote:

Where is BollingerforQB?

Before he left.

=Z=

I heard he is the new defensive coordinator for the 49 ers!

Neither. Play T-Will less and give some others a chance.

Off subject but I wouldn't mind letting Herrera get some snaps on the O-line. He doesn't quit until the whistle and had a role in the improved record at the end of the year last year. I wouldn't mind seeing Cook get a snap or two as well.

Some players are gamers. They may not impress in practice but show up big in the game.
We need to start looking for some of those players to give us a spark.

Sorry. A little more than a yes or no, but pretty short for me!

JellyBean2144
11-06-2006, 04:54 PM
I am voting for neither. I think that I have waaaay too much faith in Brad and T Will to give up now. We are still in the playoff race, so I would stick with Brad and T-Will until we are out of the playoff race or we have clinched a spot in the playoffs.

I just have too much faith in Brad to give up on him right now.

KrackerJack
11-06-2006, 05:27 PM
Well, i think T-will should not be benched yet, but he shouldn't be one of our first string recievers maybe third, something like that, and i know im going to get a lot of critisism for this but i say bench Brad...I know it's not entirely his fault, but i give a lot of the blame to him, here are some reasons: #1 in my opinion he's not acting like a team leader at the moment, i've seen him be a leader but ATM he's not...#2 we're not scoring TDs im plainly seeing a lot, not all, of this brad's fault, im sick of the dump offs in crunch time...#3 lately he's had some bad decisions something we don't see a lot from him, but lately we are. and as for T-will i say he shouldnt't be first string or anything like that probably not second either third sounds good...but give him time, i think next year T-will will have a break out season, and start breaking out later in this season...I know i was supposed to put yes and no but i voted on the poll, so whatever...here comes the critisism....

SharperVikings
11-06-2006, 06:47 PM
Neither.
When MRob comes back put him at # 1 THEN put TT at #2.
Have troy as #3.
I say right now, stick with brad because we are in competition for the playoffs.
All last week I was saying start Tjack, but some sense kicked into me!
Let's not ruin our rookie qb, and lets keep with brad.
After all, Brad is the #1 guy for a reason, he gives us the best chance to win, whether its a good chance or not!
After all, we all our just stating our opinions, we are not the coaches!

singersp
11-06-2006, 07:53 PM
"Acumen" wrote:

Where is BollingerforQB?

I think you chased him off. LOL!

singersp
11-06-2006, 08:00 PM
BJ will not get benched unless he keeps turning the ball over. That will force Childress' hand. He already said his patience is wearing thin & will not tolerate turnovers.

T-Will will keep getting playing time, maybe not 100%, but he will be playing. The coaches will continue to work with him on his pass catching techniques & put him into game situations to see how he's improving. He is still a work in progress.

skum
11-06-2006, 08:01 PM
I see TWill dropping down to 4th spot.. with M-Rob and TT getting the start.. Bethel and then T-Will, and McMullen as the fifth..

CCthebest
11-06-2006, 08:09 PM
Right now Childress is only thinking of Grandpa Johnson as a starter. What will it take for him to bench BJ? Another 3 turnover game with only 3 points? I still think he keeps BJ in. Once we are out of the playoffs completely, he might play Brooks, but i doubt we see TJ for 2 years. Im so glad we got an ex qb coach for our HC.

Prophet
11-06-2006, 08:13 PM
"CCthebest" wrote:

Right now Childress is only thinking of Grandpa Johnson as a starter. What will it take for him to bench BJ? Another 3 turnover game with only 3 points? I still think he keeps BJ in. Once we are out of the playoffs completely, he might play Brooks, but i doubt we see TJ for 2 years. Im so glad we got an ex qb coach for our HC.

Two blind sides and a tipped ball.
That was Childress' comment, different than flat out screw ups like last week.
Childress is fine.

NodakPaul
11-06-2006, 08:14 PM
"CCthebest" wrote:

Why don't you think TJ will start for two years... oh wait.
Never mind.
Just realized who the poster was.

BadlandsVikings
11-06-2006, 08:18 PM
I voted Twill,

Catch the stupid ball already.

singersp
11-06-2006, 08:33 PM
"Acumen" wrote:

"CCthebest" wrote:

Two blind sides and a tipped ball.
That was Childress' comment, different than flat out screw ups like last week.
Childress is fine.

And as memory serves, when the turnovers were Brads fault last week, Childress did put in Bollinger.

Garland Greene
11-06-2006, 09:10 PM
"Del" wrote:

Added a poll to make life easier.

Thanks I guess I did not think of that