PDA

View Full Version : Blame Ball of the week

WINchester FIELDer
11-05-2006, 08:09 PM
only one from me this week

Brad Johnson

he had an alright pass completion percentage but seems to have a phobia of the red zone

BadlandsVikings
11-05-2006, 08:13 PM
blame ball goes to the person that told T-Will he could catch a ball.

Mr Anderson
11-05-2006, 08:13 PM
Childress and Williamson.

BBQ Platypus
11-05-2006, 08:15 PM
Blame ball should go to the ENTIRE F*CKING OFFENSE.....

...but I'm not giving it to them because they wouldn't know what to do with it.

Webby
11-05-2006, 08:16 PM
"BBQ" wrote:

LMAO!!!!
thats too funny.

WINchester FIELDer
11-05-2006, 08:16 PM
"WVV" wrote:

blame ball goes to the person that told T-Will he could catch a ball.

oh yeah how did i forget about that
he gets open more than most but cant catch a ball

BrooksBollingerForQB
11-05-2006, 08:18 PM
Zygi Wilf for well, just owning the team.

singersp
11-05-2006, 08:18 PM
Another blame ball goes to Travis for that hold on the TD run by Taylor

DPep11
11-05-2006, 08:49 PM
Offensive line, Childress and Williamson. Horrendous.

Mr Anderson
11-05-2006, 08:55 PM
"singersp" wrote:

I almost forgot about that.

Damn, that really killed us.

I still go with Williamson and Childress though.

And those who say the offensive line, I think you mean the Right side only.

PurpleRide
11-05-2006, 08:58 PM
Brad johnson.... for not knowing how to run an NFL offence any more.
Remember last time the vikings were lucky enough to have a #7 come in for our QB?
The best thing for the 98 vikings was to have johnson go down, the best thing for this team would be to have johnson sit the bench.
Its never right to wish injury on a player, I dont want johnson to be injured, i want him to sit on the bench, thats were he belongs.
Troy williamson needs to be unemployed, he is terrible.
Some passes have been behind him and others on the team, but they still need to catch the ball.

Braddock
11-05-2006, 09:02 PM
I still say Williamson will pull through in the end. We DO need a new qb. I'm done with BJ, even though we share the same first name. If this is a "new team" year, we need a newer QB. I want T-Jack to get more snaps. Blame ball: BJ for still playing way past his prime and for making Favre look excellent.

SWAYZE74
11-05-2006, 09:03 PM
Childress...can we run a no huddle at some point to get the D out of their rythem? maybe? please?

peace...

verovike
11-05-2006, 09:06 PM
Brad Johnson and the entire "receiving" corps. get my vote.
I can't be too hard on the O line.
When the D comes with numbers (extra rushers), it is on the QB to make the hot read or atleast protect the ball.
The defense knows exactly where brad will be on almost every pass play, they don't have to contain him...just run as fast as they can to the spot 5 yards directly behind the center!

singersp
11-05-2006, 09:08 PM
"verovike" wrote:

Brad Johnson and the entire "receiving" corps. get my vote.
I can't be too hard on the O line.
When the D comes with numbers (extra rushers), it is on the QB to make the hot read or atleast protect the ball.
The defense knows exactly where brad will be on almost every pass play, they don't have to contain him...just run as fast as they can to the spot 5 yards directly behind the center!

"receiving corps" is begining to become an oxymoron. In order to have a "receiving corp" they must be able to catch the ball.

PurpleRide
11-05-2006, 09:09 PM
Fred smoot.....because he missed one tackle.

In all honesty, smoot had a great game last week, he looked good again this week.

Braddock
11-05-2006, 09:12 PM
^LOL. WE should keep all of our defensive members next season. Especially with the IR's coming back. however, some heads on the offensive side of the ball are gonna roll, namely BJ. TWill will pull through. He's had too much pressure on him from day 1. Give him a #2 reciever title, get a #1 WR for our team, and then he'll build his confidence to be a #1. HE's not Randy, he never will be, but he'll still be good. Trust me guys, i know these things.

VikesfaninWis
11-05-2006, 09:13 PM
I agree with Singer on this one.. Travis Taylor had that illegal block in the back on Chester Taylor's TD catch that really messed up our chances to win the game.. You add that with the play of our left side of the offensive line, our QB sucking more then a Hoover Vacum cleaner, and our WR's that couldn't catch anything ( not even a cold in the Minnesota winters, or even the herpes virus from a 2 dollar crackwhore)..

Changes need to be made very soon regarding this circus we call an offense.. Do something, put in different WR's, bench Johnson and start TJ.. Do whatever it is that they need to do to get this team jump started.. Oh, and by the way.. Those of you who think that starting TJ so soon is going to ruin his career, get a clue..

We never would have seen what guys were made of unless they got the nod over their starter.. Look at Tom Brady for instance, his career has been just ruined since taking over for Drew Bledsoe hasn't it? How about Marc Bulger? Terrible career since going in for Kurt Warner.. How about Kurt Warner? He only won a SB when he took over for Trent Green in ST Louis.. We will never nkow what TJ is made of if they don't put him in there.. It will not ruin his career, it will make him better..

CCthebest
11-05-2006, 09:17 PM
Brad Childress for, well just about everything hes done this year, but basically for the play calling.

Brad Johson. 3 turnovers. Can only throw the ball 5 yards. More then that, hes inaccurate. Not like he can throw to a receiver that wont drop it

WR They all sucks and drop passes

OLINE cant protect Grandpa Johnson

vikes_4_life_42
11-05-2006, 09:34 PM
"singersp" wrote:

i agree, also to pretty much the entire offense, with the exception of chester taylor.

Prophet
11-05-2006, 09:45 PM
Stash.
That bastard is the underlying reason for any loss.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a83/RPM40/stash_Whole.jpg

singersp
11-05-2006, 09:51 PM
"Acumen" wrote:

Stash.
That bastard is the underlying reason for any loss.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a83/RPM40/stash_Whole.jpg

Sure! Blame a guy who isn't even a member here anymore & can't defend himself verbally.

Gift
11-05-2006, 09:58 PM
BJ & T-Will get my hate filled balls

ultravikingfan
11-05-2006, 10:03 PM
"Gift" wrote:

Nice sig!

Too bad you mispelled a word!

;D

You spelled it right once!
;D ;D

Gift
11-05-2006, 10:03 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"Gift" wrote:

Nice sig!

Too bad you mispelled a word!
;D
doh, owned
:-

vikes_4_life_42
11-05-2006, 10:06 PM
i guess i dont support the vikes then
:P
i have a hard time giving up on him. he has too much potential, and he could still come around. but everyone is entitled to his opinioin! pretty funny sig, if i do say so myself.

Gift
11-05-2006, 10:11 PM
"vikes_4_life_42" wrote:

i have a hard time giving up on him. he has too much potential, and he could still come around. but everyone is entitled to his opinioin! pretty funny sig, if i do say so myself.
It's just for fun but really, how many 3rd down drops does it take before he doesn't come in on 3rd down?
Even I felt bad for him a little after that drop cuz I know he's hating himself for it just as much but really, enough is enough.
He
may come around some day but he should have to earn a starting spot all over again imo .

vikes_4_life_42
11-05-2006, 10:19 PM
"Gift" wrote:

"vikes_4_life_42" wrote:

It's just for fun but really, how many 3rd down drops does it take before he doesn't come in on 3rd down?
Even I felt bad for him a little after that drop cuz I know he's hating himself for it just as much but really, enough is enough.
He
may come around some day but he should have to earn a starting spot all over again imo .

yea i hear ya. i hope he can prove himself, and soon.

Webby
11-05-2006, 10:21 PM
"Gift" wrote:

"vikes_4_life_42" wrote:

He

Gift, you should probably spell your sig right for some credibility in your opinion there....not ripping, just suggesting.

V-Unit
11-05-2006, 10:53 PM
Me, for actually thinking we were good. At least from this point on I'll expect less and thus not be as disappointed when we lose.

midgensa
11-05-2006, 11:24 PM
"SWAYZE74" wrote:

Childress...can we run a no huddle at some point to get the D out of their rythem? maybe? please?

peace...

rythem? I am pretty sure that is not a word. Not sure how to get a defense out of it either.

midgensa
11-05-2006, 11:28 PM
I think the blame ball for the loss clearly goes on the offense as a whole (and BJ's running of said offense) and questionable play-calling within the red zone.
Sure T-Will needs to catch the ball, but that is life ... receivers drop passes ... sometimes one receiver has a serious problem with it for a whole season (see Darrell Jackson a couple of times and Reggie Wayne when he first joined the league). I personally think T-Will is having a lot of troubles because he can get open 20-25 yards down the field using speed, but knows the ball will likely not be there.
As long as BJ keeps missing hot reads on blitzes and lacks zip on his passes in the same situation ... we are going to be in serious trouble in the passing department. Three turnovers two weeks in a row from your "game management" quarterback is simply unacceptable. We could have easily lost both of these games with Tarvaris at the helm and at least gotten to see him play. BJ needs to step up ... and I am crossing my fingers that he does.

SWAYZE74
11-06-2006, 10:26 AM
"midgensa" wrote:

"SWAYZE74" wrote:

peace...

rythem? I am pretty sure that is not a word. Not sure how to get a defense out of it either.

sorriez iz dontz spellz soz goodz...

kramer9guy
11-06-2006, 11:34 AM
My blame ball of the week goes to Travis Taylor because his illegal block in the third quarter nullified Chester Taylor's 65-yard touchdown reception which more than likely would have won the game for us.

davike
11-06-2006, 11:50 AM
"kramer9guy" wrote:

My blame ball of the week goes to Travis Taylor because his illegal block in the third quarter nullified Chester Taylor's 65-yard touchdown reception which more than likely would have won the game for us.

agreed...taylor screwed us over big time, i like taylor, he is a decent 2nd or 3rd reciever but he sure messed up on that one, i didn't like alot of the calls by the officials though, they were deffinetly on the home team side, oh well guess thats why they call it home field advantage. but second big mess up was made by darrion scott ( i think that was who it was, correct me if im wrong) on the personal foul that gave them their last field goal. if it weren't for that we could have settled for a field goal and went into overtime probably.

ChezPizmo
11-06-2006, 12:06 PM
"Webby" wrote:

"BBQ" wrote:

LMAO!!!!

thats too funny.

;D Haha