View Full Version : Official Post Game Thoughts and Rants

ultravikingfan
11-05-2006, 07:06 PM
Ugh...now this hurts really bad.
Everything about this game.

Put em here!

vikes2456
11-05-2006, 07:07 PM
When we play like this, is there a single team in the NFL that we can beat?

PAvikesfan
11-05-2006, 07:08 PM
i didn't see the game or listen to it this time (as my computer is on the fritz)and only checked the score about 4 times throughout the game, but it looks like the vikes need to revamp that offense....
A fuxckin LOT.
brad johnson needs more people to throw to that can make plays and childress needs to change up the plays more often.
i think teams are keying in on what the vikes are doing day in and out.

at least it wasn't a shoot out, but it was against the 49ers....yuck!

this is a game we should not have even come close to losing.
i am disgusted.

BadlandsVikings
11-05-2006, 07:08 PM
This sucks, and now we have to put up with packer trolls this week.

xlb57
11-05-2006, 07:10 PM
BJ should no longer be the starting quarterback on any NFL team, the right side of our O-line sucks, Troy Williamson.......enough said, he is terrible and should play catch once in a while and the play calling has me questioning some of our coaching.
Other than that, good effort you overpaid wannabe football players.

Gift
11-05-2006, 07:12 PM
"vikes2456" wrote:

we pretty much played the worst team so this is it.
Brad Childress will not change things that need to be changed, he left BJ in all game & it killed us, i havent been a bj hater all year but he lost this game.
3 turn overs & only scoring 3 against a team that was on mark to hit the "most points given up in a season".

Bolllinger should start next week & t-will should not even dress.
Cut t-will and bring in anyone who is able to play on an nfl level, there has got to be someone out there that can do a simple thing like catch the ball.

As a fan this is all I can take, i can not enjoy this "stay the course" nonsense they are feeding regarding this offense.
It's rock bottom, we lose to the niners 9-3, it doesnt get any worse than that.

ClanGunn
11-05-2006, 07:14 PM
Its disgusting when Your Runningback has More Receptions than any Recievers. The recievers we have can't catch I say Dump all three. Start from scratch next season. and Get some right side O-line Starters.

FuadFan
11-05-2006, 07:15 PM
That game really sucked the only thing we have going for us now is we can stop the run. Brad Johnson is showing that he deserves no raise and we may even get to see Bollinger replace him soon. Troy ius still young so I'm waiting for year three on him but the rest of the core needs a complete makeover and maybe we need to go after Tony Gonzalez when he is a FA at the end of the year.

VikesFan787
11-05-2006, 07:16 PM
Why did we go for it? We should have kicked a field goal and then on-side kick.

tosstomoss
11-05-2006, 07:17 PM
we really really suck!!!!!!

Gift
11-05-2006, 07:18 PM
today we do....

im so mad.....

kelmino
11-05-2006, 07:18 PM
I'm not one to usualluy rant after a game, win or lose I usually just keep to myself... but come on, I just do not understand what is going on with our O.

3 points total?

3rd down drop ball or not it should not have been that close to the 49ers

last week the excuse was, nobody was going to beat Tom Brady that night.

this weeks is our O is just that bad, if we cant score more then 3 points against the leagues worst defense how does anyone honestly feel we can make a push for the playoffs, we need a miracle.

even though we are not officially out of the playoff race, its getting pretty close we can only lose 2 more games to have a chance for the wild card.
and honestly I don't see us going 6-2 for the rest of the season playing the way we have been so far this season.

RK.
11-05-2006, 07:19 PM
Its incredible isn't it.
It turns out that the Bears are who we thought they were and we aren't who we thought we were.
:'(

tosstomoss
11-05-2006, 07:19 PM
totally uncalled for

skum
11-05-2006, 07:20 PM
9 out of 10 times the opposition will recover an onside kick

nailscoop55
11-05-2006, 07:21 PM
Our defense gave up 142 yards of total offense chester taylor had 96 yards rushing and 45 recieving which equals 150 yards for him. Brad went 21-31 with 136 yds passing which by those stats you figure he ran the WCO very well but also include 2 fum and 1 pick. What im trying to say here is that one viking had 150 yds by himself which is more than the 142 the niners offense put up and we still lost.

thepacksux
11-05-2006, 07:24 PM
"skum" wrote:

9 out of 10 times the opposition will recover an onside kick

show proof of this statement!

Gift
11-05-2006, 07:25 PM
"FuadFan" wrote:

Troy ius still young so I'm waiting for year three on him but the rest of the core needs a complete makeover and maybe we need to go after Tony Gonzalez when he is a FA at the end of the year.
wrong, if anyone needs to go its t-will. Bad teams have alot of dropped passes, bad players drop alot of passes that cost thier teams.
If we keep putting this bum on the field we deserve to lose.
This guy should not be playing in the nfl.

SharperVikings
11-05-2006, 07:27 PM
"kelmino" wrote:

I'm not one to usualluy rant after a game, win or lose I usually just keep to myself... but come on, I just do not understand what is going on with our O.

3 points total?

3rd down drop ball or not it should not have been that close to the 49ers

last week the excuse was, nobody was going to beat Tom Brady that night.

this weeks is our O is just that bad, if we cant score more then 3 points against the leagues worst defense how does anyone honestly feel we can make a push for the playoffs, we need a miracle.

even though we are not officially out of the playoff race, its getting pretty close we can only lose 2 more games to have a chance for the wild card.
and honestly I don't see us going 6-2 for the rest of the season playing the way we have been so far this season.

Yeah I know, its really tough to say that with the performance today.
If the offense doesnt shape up, well be looking at a nice draft pick?

Webby
11-05-2006, 07:27 PM
Remember, even after a loss, forum rules are in effect.
Please play fairly.
SKOL!!!

thepacksux
11-05-2006, 07:35 PM
Something needs to change on offense...
I would like to see any or all of the following:

-
Change the right side of the o-line, hicks was handed this job and has done little to prove he deserves it.
We had to expect some growing pains with marcus johnson on the right.
-
Bollinger/jackson could not perform much worse than brad has the last two games.
time to at least give them a series here and there if not a full benching for brad.
-
Troy needs an @$$ whoopin!!!
-
Play calling needs to be more creative.
We now know that our offense sucks, its time to bring out a little trickery or something... i dont even know where to begin on that one though.
-
Insert additional rant here... im too frustrated to continue

Lotza
11-05-2006, 07:35 PM
yeah our recievers are horrible.

everyone except marcus. he at least produces some.

zindulee
11-05-2006, 07:43 PM
SF had 8 first downs and 142 yards of offense. You gotta try real hard to lose a game holding the opposition to those numbers.

I never thought we'd lose this game in a million years. Turnovers killed us.

I'm headed to Miami for the Vikes game in 2 weeks, didn't think I had to worry about that one....

Oh well... keep your backs to the wall... the FudgePackers are coming to town.
:o

CCthebest
11-05-2006, 07:44 PM
BJ can only complete short dump passes. Childress only calls short dump passes. Our receivers
drops balls. We cant win by the D scoring for us every game..

I think Childress had a bad plan when he took over the Vikes. He didnt have a good QB plan, nor a good WR plan. This is our offense for the rest of the year. How sad is that?

V-Unit
11-05-2006, 07:50 PM
At this point we are officially underacheiving and falling short of expectations.
I agree that something desperately needs to be changed on offense. Bench Williamson and let someone else call the plays. I would say bench Brad to, but we really have no other options.

It will be very interesting to see how Childress responds. If he does nothing he is no better than Tice.

SWAYZE74
11-05-2006, 08:19 PM
im sorry to say this...BJ has entered the Bledsoe Zone...hes a sitting duck back there...double and triple pumps aint gonna get you that first down...hes waiting too long...if he aint getting the ball out on the last step of his drop...hes done...glad we didnt throw cash at him...if BJ sucks like this next week...put TJack in at the half...lord knows the other teams wont have game planned for TJ and his speed...

peace...

williamsontothebench
11-05-2006, 08:29 PM
Here is something else to think about.
Why cant we put the ball in the endzone?
We get inside the 20 and RUN the f'n ball.
Why not throw the ball in the endzone to get the defense to play the pass then run the dang ball down there throat!

sleepagent
11-05-2006, 08:30 PM
A gem of a DEFENSIVE game only to be upstaged by the goofballs we call our OFFENSE.

Come on guys . . . get it together!

Webby
11-05-2006, 08:31 PM
"williamsontothebench" wrote:

Here is something else to think about.
Why cant we put the ball in the endzone?
We get inside the 20 and RUN the f'n ball.
Why not throw the ball in the endzone to get the defense to play the pass then run the dang ball down there throat!

Bingo, thats what I have been wondering.
Shortened field to defend, is childress afraid of the defense in that scenario?
Or, I think he just thinks the receivers are crap.

Freya
11-05-2006, 08:36 PM
"sleepagent" wrote:

A gem of a DEFENSIVE game only to be upstaged by the goofballs we call our OFFENSE.

And what's really tragic is the fact that we were demanding a TD out of the DEFENSE by the 4th quarter at our house.
:(

Purplemania
11-05-2006, 08:49 PM
I seriously don't know what the freak Childress and Co. were thinking about coming into the season with Brad at helm and some worthless recievers. I'm not a Brad hater but by God he is past his time. He can't throw the ball past nearly 30 yard.

Marcus Johnson hasn't improved from last year at all. He struggles every single game. Artis Hicks needs to show something. I am awaiting our idiotic reached pick for "savior" Ryan Cook to be inserted soon. (that's if he is still on the team). Teams aren't stupid, they know we run to the left more so they stack up their guys more the left. Just like today there were movement to the left right away and once Taylor tried to cut back defenders were ready for that as well.

Umm..overall this is one of the worst game we've seen in a long time.

Maybe we need to go and sign Charles Rogers or anyone to help out our WR corp.

verovike
11-05-2006, 08:50 PM
At our house too...I was actually looking forward to the "offense" getting off of the field, so that our odds of scoring would improve!
I'm not jumping ship, I just want something to be optomistic about.
Make changes NOW Coach!

PurpleRide
11-05-2006, 08:52 PM
The ONLY bright spot on the O side of the ball is chester taylor.
Johnson....still sucks, recievers....worse in the NFL, the line..... getting worse as the season progresses.
We just put up 3 points the the worse defence in football.

And why did johnson decide to throw the ball into the endzone with 2 guys on a WR thats less than 6 foot tall?
He did cost this team the win.
3 turnovers by the QB is not acceptable in any level of football.
I understand he needs help, I also know with help this team would not be much better.

Time to put in the rookie, put in the WR carter as well, during the preseason they seemed to have a hitch that johnson has yet to find with any WR.
I am embaressed we have a QB like brad johnson losing the games for us.
At least DC could put more than 3 points up against any team

tampaviking
11-05-2006, 08:53 PM
i cant understand how bj can't throw over 20 yards with out really stepping into it, for a pro those passes should be like reflexes. but it looks like he gives it all he's got for the deep ones. he does complete alot but to many times recievers are going into the dirt for the catch. the team looks like it did at the end of last year. the best you can hope for out of the offense is 3. and you just get excited when the defense or special teams are out there.

x-ray jeff
11-05-2006, 08:54 PM
"sleepagent" wrote:

This offense better get it together before November is over or December will be brutal

WINchester FIELDer
11-05-2006, 08:54 PM
Its been a couple of hours since the game ended and now that im calmer im gonna say that most championship teams have there ups and downs and we're at our downfall now but thats going to change come next week

The Vikings are going to finish the season 11-5 with there only other loss coming in Green Bay on December 21st

i hate that its against Green Bay but hey

We will go on to win the superbowl against the New England Patriots and revenge our loss

WINchester the Prophet

minvikes01
11-05-2006, 08:57 PM
I'm seriously doubting our chances to make the playoffs, and if
by some luck we make it, I doubt we make it past the first round.

Purplemania
11-05-2006, 09:01 PM
HAHAHA hearing play off talk around here makes me laugh.

PurpleRide
11-05-2006, 09:05 PM
"WINchester" wrote:

Its been a couple of hours since the game ended and now that im calmer im gonna say that most championship teams have there ups and downs and we're at our downfall now but thats going to change come next week

The Vikings are going to finish the season 11-5 with there only other loss coming in Green Bay on December 21st

We will go on to win the superbowl against the New England Patriots and revenge our loss

WINchester the Prophet

The best chance for the playoffs is to put jackson in, childress will not do that.
I will, like always cheer my heart out until the last game of the season.
This year is embarassing, this QB we have is the worst QB we have ever had.
Yes, sean i love myself too much salsberry had a better seaon than this joker is having.

I dont know how we can get any worse than we are now by putting in different QB

DPep11
11-05-2006, 09:07 PM
Our offense is downright horrendous, Brad Johnson looks lifeless out there, our offensive line is halfway effective, our defense is good, Childress has no clue what he's doing, Troy Williamson should be the ball boy, Chester Taylor is awesome, and Ohhhhhh Randyyy, I miss you

Freya
11-05-2006, 09:10 PM
"PurpleRide" wrote:

"WINchester" wrote:

WINchester the Prophet

The best chance for the playoffs is to put jackson in, childress will not do that.
Yes, sean i love myself too much salsberry had a better seaon than this joker is having.

Now THAT'S a stretch.

WINchester FIELDer
11-05-2006, 09:11 PM
"PurpleRide" wrote:

"WINchester" wrote:

WINchester the Prophet

i was half joking but its not over yet

we are tied for 5th place right now and if seattle loses tomorrow we will be tied for 4th

PurpleRide
11-05-2006, 09:12 PM
"Freya" wrote:

"PurpleRide" wrote:

"WINchester" wrote:

WINchester the Prophet

Now THAT'S a stretch.

Not really.
Anyone in this league could run an offence to score more than 3 points against the 49ers.

CCthebest
11-05-2006, 09:12 PM
Playoffs??? How can you talk about playoffs with our offense the way it is?

Braddock
11-05-2006, 09:17 PM
T-Jack will be our savior. I'm only upset that V.Young is getting experience and TJack is not. We lost to the 9er's. we don't deserve the title in my opinion. We don't deserve playoffs. As far as I'm concerned, let's use the rest of this season to prepare for next year, and that includes starting our future starter, TJ. Let him see the pace of the game, especially against these "easier" team. If we lose to them, oh well. IT'll do more good in the end.

Caine
11-05-2006, 09:19 PM
"PurpleRide" wrote:

"WINchester" wrote:

WINchester the Prophet

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!!

How many times must we say this, Tarvaris is NOT READY!!!!
To put him in now could RUIN him!!!!!

1:
Our O-line is swiss cheese - especially the right side, or McKinnie versus a speed guy.

2:
Our WR's can't get open, and when they do, they don't catch the ball anyway.

3:
Our Head Coach has a "Yes" man offensive coordinator...and a piss poor scheme.

4:
Our ONLY weapon is Chester Taylor, and defenses are keying on that.

What will Tarvaris bring to that mix to help?

Speed?
Great, so he runs, gets pasted a bunch of times, and gets injured.
Nice idea.

Accuracy?
Our receivers can't catch the ball...PERIOD.
His arm won't change that.

Better play calling?
He's not the one who would do that.

So, aside from shattering his confidence by placing him in an impossible situation, what other goal will starting him achieve?
Really.
Nothing.

Brad Johnson is a small part of a very large problem...and not the root cause of it...so replacing him, with an untried and untested rookie from a small school with unpolished skills and a lack of defense recognition skills is simply ASKING for trouble.

So, if you want to talk about teh woes of the Vikigns, fine.
Brad has flat out stuck for 2 games in a row.
Granted.
But the play-calling has stunk for 7 out of 8 games, Childress hired an empty title OC so he could do things HIS way, Williamson has flat out sucked all season, none of the opther receivers have really stepped up, we DON'T use our TE's at all really, the line has let everyone and their gradmother through, and we're seriously in danger of falling out of the play-off picture.
Feel free to discuss ANY of those topics.

But, try and do so while keeping in mind that the ONLY changes we're likely to see involve play-calling, Offensive schemes, and more playing time for Brooks "please don't start him" Bollinger.

Caine

Muggsy
11-05-2006, 09:21 PM
O.K., youse mugs...

Well, I listened to da game, and a sorry one it wuz.
We can't beat da 49'ers?
Sheesh.

I guess dat officially makes it a rebuilding year, instead of a competitive year, y'know?

Punk play calling, punk quarterbacking, and punk execution... it's all there ta see.

I wuz mad at da last game, but now, I'm just sad...

We ain't gonna do no bedda dan 8-8, mebbe, not wit' dis offense da way it is.
So, my hopes is on next year, wit' people dat will know da system, and coaches dat will know how ta call a game, and da right people in da right places on da squad, y'know?

Sheesh....

:-\

vikinggreg
11-05-2006, 09:35 PM
Offence sucked, Packers next week, Childress fix it now
>:(

Nothing else matters right now

I'm blocking this game from my memory and will think of it no more (filed next to Steckel's season)

DPep11
11-05-2006, 09:43 PM
If we lose to the Packers, heads will roll.

Muggsy
11-05-2006, 09:51 PM
"vikinggreg" wrote:

I'm blocking this game from my memory and will think of it no more (filed next to Steckel's season)

Childress was gonna fix it afta da Patriots debacle, rememba?
We wuz playin' a punk team (at da time, dat is), da 49'ers, y'know?
We were gonna get back on track by whuppin' dose mugs.

We didn't, and we won't against da Packers neither, y'know?
We will play Sad Brad Johnson, he will suck. We will replace him wit' Brooks Bollinger, he will also suck.
We won't do anything we said we would do, like, run run run da ball, make no stoopid mistakes, make good offensive play-callin', and make good play execution.
We will lose da game, 'cause dis team is in free-fall right now, and ain't nuttin' but a miracle will stop it.
We got no team identity, except for da defense, an' dey can't do it all, y'know?

Da stinkin' Packers will win, 'cause at least, dey got a good quarterback, cuss 'em.

Da only way we will win dis game is if we toins off da lights whenever we gets da ball, y'know?

But, I still sez...

SKOL, VIKINGS!

PurplePeopleEaters
11-05-2006, 10:12 PM
Well, i'm watching the colts-patriots game and seeing these two prolific offenses move the ball makes me want to cry.

What's the common denominator? A good quarterback. Sorry to break it to everyone but Brad Johnson, Brooks Bollinger, and Tarvaris Jackson are nothing close to what Brady and Manning are.

So, the question is, what can we do to fix this offensive fiasco that we currently have?

There are a few gaping holes that I currently see.

1. The recievers are horrible. Plain and simple. Troy can't catch, Travis can't catch, Bethel can't catch, McMullen can't catch.. Marcus is the most potent threat we have but should be a 2nd receiver or slot receiver at best.

2. The offensive line gets no protection. They are decent at run blocking and hutch and birk generally do their job but Mckinnie is NOT playing up to standards and Marcus and Artis are horrible.

3. The playcalling is getting worse and worse by the week. Hail mary on 4th and game? Doesn't make much sense and we've seen it before.

4. Brad Johnson is taking everything above and making it even worse.

Now how can we fix the above problems? It's going to be tough.

1. The receivers- Sorry guys.. nothing we can really do with this situation. Marcus will be coming back soon which will make things better so I say we make Marcus our number one, Travis our number 2, and Troy our number 3. Bethel and McMullen can rotate in and out of 3rd and 4th with troy as well... Only big fix we can do for now.
Now what can we do to keep the load off of the receivers? Throw more to the tight ends, Fullbacks, and Running backs. I see some teams rotate the running backs in at Wide Receiver. Considering that our backs can catch better than our Wide Receivers it could help our passing attack. Wiggins needs to get the ball more and that's all there is to it. Same with Kleinsasser.
We also need to run the ball even more than we do now. Run to pass... that's how it should work from now on.

2. O-line- Some people need to be shuffled. We have some decent guys we brought in in the offseason and we need to see what we can do with some of them in Marcus' and Artis' respective places. Fact of the matter is, marcus and artis aren't getting the job done and we need to fix that with new players. There are some guys who have the tools.. Mckinnie needs to step it up.

3. Playcalling- That's up to Childress. He's in a weird position. He IS the head coach and the truth is everyone has an ego. It's tough to admit that you're doing a bad job and relinquish part of your duties. Childress is eventually going to have to face that himself or fix his playbook. Is the WCO not for this team?

4. Brad- I've said it once and i'll say it again. Tarvaris isn't coming in this year. You might see Brooks Bollinger if things get any worse but it's likely that we're stuck with Brad at Quarterback. I've already stated that the other problems make brad's job even harder.

Please stop calling for people to be cut. It's a waste of talent if you do that...

I know. I'm as frustrated as you guys are. It's tough times but hell we're viking fans and we're used to it.

Skol?

singersp
11-05-2006, 10:26 PM
"Muggsy" wrote:

"vikinggreg" wrote:

Childress was gonna fix it afta da Patriots debacle, rememba?
We wuz playin' a punk team (at da time, dat is), da 49'ers, y'know?
We were gonna get back on track by whuppin' dose mugs.

We didn't, and we won't against da Packers neither, y'know?
We will play Sad Brad Johnson, he will suck. We will replace him wit' Brooks Bollinger, he will also suck.
We won't do anything we said we would do, like, run run run da ball, make no stoopid mistakes, make good offensive play-callin', and make good play execution.
We will lose da game, 'cause dis team is in free-fall right now, and ain't nuttin' but a miracle will stop it.
We got no team identity, except for da defense, an' dey can't do it all, y'know?

Da stinkin' Packers will win, 'cause at least, dey got a good quarterback, cuss 'em.

Da only way we will win dis game is if we toins off da lights whenever we gets da ball, y'know?

But, I still sez...

SKOL, VIKINGS!

He said they put some minor tweaks in to fix the situation. They must have been so minor, I didn't see them.

We need some major tweaks. Like an offesive coordinator who does his job & does it well.

Childress can't blame or fire Bevell, because Bevell isn't calling the plays. He needs to look in the mirror point the finger at himself & take the blame himself. Bevell is not qualified IMO to take the OC job. He was only a QB coach in GB & didn't call the plays. And he certainly isn't doing a quality job coaching BJ.

Just last week he stated he will not tolerate turnovers, yet when Brad turns 3 of them over, he stays in the game. T-Jack is much to raw & green to throw in there now, especially if we want him to be the QB of the future.

Bollinger is our only chance right now. After his first series of 3 sacks last week, he was actually moving the ball pretty well.

The problem is no matter what QB you put in there, no matter what new receivers you put in there, you will still have Childress calling the plays. Probably why Reid never let him call them in Philly.

In his defense, people here want him to take risks & throw the ball down field instead of 3 yard dumps. If you haven't got reliable wide receivers what's the point. He needs to target more screen passes & utelize the tight ends for 6-10 yarders more often.

I'm expecting Carter or another receiver to be activated this week & a QB change by half-time next week if Johnson doesn't move the ball.

MrGopher16
11-05-2006, 10:56 PM
I was extremely displeased with this game and even more bored watching it!
I was so bored in fact that instead of watching the game after the half that I got some work done for my old testament class.

HornedHat
11-05-2006, 11:33 PM
I'm not willing to throw Childress under the bus just yet; but, this offence definately sux. The bye week has come and gone, so no time for tweaks. I see no reason not to bring Jason Carter in at this point. He can do no worse, and maybe, he can be more. I see Colston rippin it in Nawlins; could Carter? Probably not with Brad throwing to him, but maybe.

V-Unit
11-06-2006, 12:12 AM
He kept Brad in the game after three TOs because it was still close, and we have no one else. It's all on Brad, he simply has to play better. No more excuses.

HornedHat
11-06-2006, 12:31 AM
Yep. It's Brad or no one. But if he can't rise above, then how much worse is Brooks? I don't see a Super Bowl MVP with Bollinger, but Brad ain't gettin one either at this rate.

cajunvike
11-06-2006, 12:48 AM
"HornedHat" wrote:

I'm not willing to throw Childress under the bus just yet; but, this offence definately sux. The bye week has come and gone, so no time for tweaks. I see no reason not to bring Jason Carter in at this point. He can do no worse, and maybe, he can be more. I see Colston rippin it in Nawlins; could Carter? Probably not with Brad throwing to him, but maybe.

Good question!

Prophet
11-06-2006, 01:00 AM
"cajunvike" wrote:

"HornedHat" wrote:

Good question!

Colston ain't doing too shabby considering he was the 252nd pick in the draft and he was draped with the rookie of the month honors in October.
I would be happy if Carter could come in and catch a ball after today's game.

Flip37
11-06-2006, 01:21 AM
New Guy Here

Not sure what you guys are blaming BJ for.
Yes he did have 2 fumbles.
But whats he supposed to do?
O-line gives him 2 nanoseconds.
Everyone is saying they don't throw anything but 5 yard passes, but thats all the farther the receivers can get before the o-line gives out.
BJ was 21/31 with at least 3-4 dropped passes.
BJ is a timing route QB and the receivers like TWill that do run the correct route can't catch it and Bethel has yet to correctly run the deep route or if he does he can't catch the ball.
He has yet to run the deep sideline route correctly or on time.
Everyone is saying Brad can't throw deep but every game, and I mean EVERY game there as been at least one deep pass that was perfect that the receiver didn't catch.
You can't spread an offense or give BJ more time when the linebackers are all playing up cuz more than likely the vikes are running and if they pass,
one on one coverage with a single safety is good enough.
Lately no coverage would be good enough.

michaelmazid
11-06-2006, 01:48 AM
The second most dissapointing game this year so far. I was throwing things all over my house. only good thing was cedric griffin. thats it...

Big C
11-06-2006, 01:58 AM
I am so ticked off right now it's not even funny. This is the frickin offense that got Chicago nowhere about 4 years ago!! I live in chicago so I should know.
- Strong running game.
- Unreliable receivers.
- QB who can't get past first read (hence all the dump-offs to RB)
- Most reliable reciever is the TE.

I am getting VERY VERY angry with BJ for attempting a fucking 20+ yard completion on 4th down when the game is on the line when we haven't had a SINGLE 15+ yard completion all day! I don't know if that's BJ not being able to make more than one read or if that is Childress' call. Either way, we have lost 3 or more games with that sh!t pass.

The next 3 weeks are going to be painful as we struggle againt some of the worst teams in the league. The formula for beating the Vikings offense is simple.
1. Limit chestor taylor (can't stop him).
2. Blitz on every passing down. The worst that can happen is the RB or FB making the first down. BJ won't even look for a WR. The O-line really isn't giving him any time either.

- Troy can kiss my ass. Time to make him the #3 WR behind Travis and Bethel.
- Childress needs a kick in the nuts for not giving Memo more touches. The man has a breakout game on MNF and he gets even less carries.
- Marcus Johnson's is a no-win case. The only way he can prevent pressure getting to BJ is by holding.
- Our punt return unit might as well just put Memo out there and have him call for a fair catch. We get called for illegal block in the back or holding 70% of the time even if we just take the damn fair catch!

cajunvike
11-06-2006, 02:06 AM
Someone suggested splitting out our RBs as WRs....maybe we should insert MeMo in the game as a slot reciever when Chester is in the game...couldn't hurt to have both guys on the field at the same time.

Gift
11-06-2006, 03:19 AM
Bollinger seems like a better option all of a sudden.
He has a few years in the league, why not give him a shot.
He didnt play great vs NE but he no one did & BJ sucked in the carolina game in 2005 but bounced back with 7 wins.
Right now this offense needs a spark & brad aint getting it done.

witchblade15
11-06-2006, 04:01 AM
I was actually at this game and it has to be one of the most embarassing losses the Vikes have seen in a long time.
When is childress going to go to the second page of the playbook?
Geez if I see that swing pass for two yards or that attempt to run to the left when the whole defense shifts that way Im going to explode.
It was something sitting in the 49er stands in Viking purple and having to endure the nonsense I witnessed on the field.
At some point Johnson has to figure out that he may have to move a couple steps in the pocket to survive.
Preferably away from someone who is trying to kill him!!!!

baumy300
11-06-2006, 04:15 AM
"Gift" wrote:

He didnt play great vs NE but he no one did & BJ sucked in the carolina game in 2005 but bounced back with 7 wins.

No way. Never.

Bollinger is from my home state and I watched the guy play plenty of times both in college and at the pro level.

Bollinger is NOT the answer!

How much worse would it be with Jackson? All these other teams can use rookie QB's, like last years Steelers or the Patriots with Brady but we can't?

Either way, your thinking is on the right track. Johnson needs to go.

Caine
11-06-2006, 04:20 AM
"Gift" wrote:

Keep in mind that Brad came back and beat the 7 softest teams on our schedule last season.
He lost to Pittsburgh and Baltimore.
Aditionally, it wasn't BJ that beat the Giants, it was special teams and Defense...Brad was completely ineffective (17/30 for 144 yds)...and the Bears were resting starters - or so they say.

Over the past few seasons, Brad has shown an inability to handle intense teams.
New England, Buffalo, and San Fransisco all played with intensity on Defense...and Brad was ineffective (Combined stats for those 3 games are 66/108
for 588 yds, 1 TD, 6 Ints).
Of course, he hasn't looked that much more inspiring versus the teams we beat, either.
His QB rating is the lowest it's been in ELEVEN years (He's currently at 74.5).

But, and this is the confusing part, it's not REALLY Brad's fault.
Let me say that again, just in case you think it's a typo - It's not REALLY Brad's fault.

His line isn't blocking well, his receivers are catching, and his coach is calling stupid plays.
Add that formula to ANY NFL QB and you get the exact same result - crap.
Peyton Manning couldn't make this work.
Tom Brady couldn't make this work.
Joe Montana couldn't make this work.
As a QB, you need HELP to be successful...and Brad isn't getting any from anyone other than Chester Taylor.

Of our receivers, I am LEAST frustraited with Travis Taylor and Marcus Robinson...but that's because I see them as #3 receivers making #3 receiver plays.
Williamson is my current favorite for the "Use this player as a dart board" award.
Bethel Johnson...he's been here a whole what...two weeks?
He's giving us eactly what you would expect from someone who's been here that long.
Billy McMullen...he's had a total of 36 catches in his 3 1/2 year career to date.
Did anyone expect much there?

We've scored 8 Offensive TD's in 8 games.
That's 56 points.
The other 74 points came from Field Goals (13 /16 for 39 points), Special teams (1 for 7 points), and Defensive TD's (4 for 27points (Longwell missed one XP)).
How unimpressive is THAT?!?!?!?!?

The real problem isn't Brad Johnson....it's a combination of Brad Childress' play calling, our O-line, and the lack of receivers with the simple ability to catch the frackin' ball.
Granted, BJ doesn't help matters any (Especially when he throws 6 picks in 3 games), but he's not killing us like Daunte did last season.
his play is merely symptomatic of the larger ailments.

Fortunately, our Defense is playing well...maybe we can line up a few DB's at WR.
It can't hurt.

Caine

Purple Floyd
11-06-2006, 08:49 AM
The weak link on this team is the coaching staff,offensively to be precise. It is their responsibility to select the players that can play and then install a system that can take advantage of their strengths.We went out and got the players we wanted and were told that they had a team that could do the job.

Now it is quite obvious that either the personnel decisions were wrong or the coaches are not properly preparing the players for their opposition.

We script plays for the offense at the beginning of the game and have had a great amount of success but after the opening drive we are hard pressed to do anything offensively which tell me that either the staff cannot make adjustments to the opposing defense or the players cannot execute those adjustments. My guess is it is the coaching staff.

Mr. Purple
11-06-2006, 09:01 AM
I agree with what Cane said.I knew that losing K-Rob was going to haunt us all season, and it has.Our O-line looked like it took 2 steps backward in terms of progress yesterday.We let San Fran penatrate our line all day.While I dont think its truly 100% JUST Brad Johnson's fault. I beleive that the WRs we have, do not work well with a BJ type of QB..With Brad you need sure route runners, and sure hands.He'll find the open WR, but will the open WR catch it?With our WRs...no.

While others think drafting a WR in the first round next year is the answer.I happen not to beleive that it is in fact the answer.We need to bring in a quality FA like Drew Bennett.Then we can draft a WR.The fact is our WRs dont make the catches and dont make the plays.For heavans sake we're throwing deep to BETHAL JOHNSON on 4th down.All the marbles in the basket for one play, and our go to guy is Bethal (I'm an underachiever) Johnson?

I can tell you right now why we're 4-4.
-RG, RT
-WR
-QB

(Keep in mind I do beleive Brad is a quality QB, but with the island of misfit toys WRs we have, he cant get it done.)

Our D held them all day yesterday, giving us multiple opportunities to score and put points on the board.

Our offense is killing us.

cyviking
11-06-2006, 09:43 AM
my thoughts

way to go D, good job, you would think only giving up 9 would be an easy W
Chester is the back for us hopefully he can stay healthy for a few years

the O was pitiful enough said

this one hurt because we should have owned them. this is the same 49ers team that made Rex look like freaking Dan Marino and was down 41-0 at the half.
this one hurt even more by the bears exposing themselves finally giving us a chance to gain but we failed.

after last week i thought we would finish with 8-10 wins but now honestly if we play like this on O we wont win another game but in all honesty we will probably win 8.
SKOL Vikings

digital420
11-06-2006, 09:47 AM
well..

here's were we find out what kinda coach B.chill is.

will he fold and blame the OC?
maybe the players.. maybe the refs..
will he take the responsibility and blame?

will he admit he's made mistakes? will he DO something about them?

look at the position coaches as it is..

Tomlins D is one of the best we've ever seen..

Childress O is one of the worst we've ever seen..

maybe... just maybe Childress should spend more time building stategies and ideas of the team and less time directing the play calling.

Twill.. CATCH THE &^!#%$#!^!#%$!#^& BALL

It seems to me he's so worried about making the YAC that he's YAKKIN the catch!

B.chill... where's the calls to wiggens, and moore in the flat?
use them AND have C.t out there.. no1 will know from which direction yer coming.. though course.. this can't be right as i'm not a football genious.. just a mathmatical fan who can say this..

somethin's not right... so #!$% fix the !@#%! problem Chill!!!

(big sigh as rant saves me from stress)

DiGiTaL

cajunvike
11-06-2006, 09:51 AM
"Caine" wrote:

"Gift" wrote:

Keep in mind that Brad came back and beat the 7 softest teams on our schedule last season.
He lost to Pittsburgh and Baltimore.
Aditionally, it wasn't BJ that beat the Giants, it was special teams and Defense...Brad was completely ineffective (17/30 for 144 yds)...and the Bears were resting starters - or so they say.

Over the past few seasons, Brad has shown an inability to handle intense teams.
New England, Buffalo, and San Fransisco all played with intensity on Defense...and Brad was ineffective (Combined stats for those 3 games are 66/108
for 588 yds, 1 TD, 6 Ints).
Of course, he hasn't looked that much more inspiring versus the teams we beat, either.
His QB rating is the lowest it's been in ELEVEN years (He's currently at 74.5).

But, and this is the confusing part, it's not REALLY Brad's fault.
Let me say that again, just in case you think it's a typo - It's not REALLY Brad's fault.

His line isn't blocking well, his receivers are catching, and his coach is calling stupid plays.
Add that formula to ANY NFL QB and you get the exact same result - crap.
Peyton Manning couldn't make this work.
Tom Brady couldn't make this work.
Joe Montana couldn't make this work.
As a QB, you need HELP to be successful...and Brad isn't getting any from anyone other than Chester Taylor.

Of our receivers, I am LEAST frustraited with Travis Taylor and Marcus Robinson...but that's because I see them as #3 receivers making #3 receiver plays.
Williamson is my current favorite for the "Use this player as a dart board" award.
Bethel Johnson...he's been here a whole what...two weeks?
He's giving us eactly what you would expect from someone who's been here that long.
Billy McMullen...he's had a total of 36 catches in his 3 1/2 year career to date.
Did anyone expect much there?

We've scored 8 Offensive TD's in 8 games.
That's 56 points.
The other 74 points came from Field Goals (13 /16 for 39 points), Special teams (1 for 7 points), and Defensive TD's (4 for 27points (Longwell missed one XP)).
How unimpressive is THAT?!?!?!?!?

The real problem isn't Brad Johnson....it's a combination of Brad Childress' play calling, our O-line, and the lack of receivers with the simple ability to catch the frackin' ball.
Granted, BJ doesn't help matters any (Especially when he throws 6 picks in 3 games), but he's not killing us like Daunte did last season.
his play is merely symptomatic of the larger ailments.

Fortunately, our Defense is playing well...maybe we can line up a few DB's at WR.
It can't hurt.

Caine

Good call...the Voice of Reason strikes again.

The WRs dropping Brad's GOOD passes certainly doesn't help matters and is the WORST problem we currently have...it is not only stalling our drives, it is also BAD for morale...the OL and QB both must think..."I busted my butt and the WR drops another easy one"...it does wear on you after awhile.
That doesn't relieve either the OL or BJ of any responsibility...BUT it doesn't help.

MY solution:
WIND SPRINTS for the WRs until they drop...and WIND SPRINTS for Marcus's fat butt for his stupid penalties!!!

Either THAT or make the WRs play "Bull in the Ring" with the DEFENSE (who is busting its balls to win games...only to get screwed over by the inept offense).

COJOMAY
11-06-2006, 10:01 AM
I was so mad yesderday evening I couldn't even post and keep my cool. But I've calmed down a bit now -- looked at the game from several angles and ideas.
Here's my take on some things:
1. What happened to this million dollar offensive line? I realize there were a few mild injuries but they haven't pass blocked well all season. It's obvious but offensive linemen don't just block for runners, they are suppose to protect the QB. So in that sense, I see the OL play as one of the biggest factors in our losses this season -- NOT BJ!

2. It's obvious, we need wide receivers who can run routes and catch balls. I don't see anyone who can take up the slack. We are gonna have to live and die with the short game this year and when they pack all the LB in there, it gets really tough.

4. I know Childress is a first year coach but his play calling looks so unimaginative that I think sometimes I'm watching Pop Warner Football. And frankly, I don't know that he's got a clue how to fix it. I'm wondering if it's so much Brad's fault as it is the offensive coordinator?

5. As much as it's easy to fix the blame on the QB I can't fault BJ much at all. Granted, he's not the most mobile QB in the league but he's under constant pressure back there while wide receiver fail to run the right routes or don't know how to run them. No wonder he has to throw to his 3rd and 4th receiver constantly and then he doesn't have enough time to do that.

6. This team will not make the playoffs, and there are some major needs that have to be addressed in the draft and FA. I don't know if they have the money to address all the needs this team has. It's going to be an interesting off-season.

JDogg926
11-06-2006, 10:05 AM
I say we draft a in the 2007 draft we draft a WR or two, but let's not do it based solely on his 40 time.

davike
11-06-2006, 10:18 AM
"COJOMAY" wrote:

I was so mad yesderday evening I couldn't even post and keep my cool. But I've calmed down a bit now -- looked at the game from several angles and ideas.
1. What happened to this million dollar offensive line? I realize there were a few mild injuries but they haven't pass blocked well all season. It's obvious but offensive linemen don't just block for runners, they are suppose to protect the QB. So in that sense, I see the OL play as one of the biggest factors in our losses this season -- NOT BJ!

2. It's obvious, we need wide receivers who can run routes and catch balls. I don't see anyone who can take up the slack. We are gonna have to live and die with the short game this year and when they pack all the LB in there, it gets really tough.

4. I know Childress is a first year coach but his play calling looks so unimaginative that I think sometimes I'm watching Pop Warner Football. And frankly, I don't know that he's got a clue how to fix it. I'm wondering if it's so much Brad's fault as it is the offensive coordinator?

5. As much as it's easy to fix the blame on the QB I can't fault BJ much at all. Granted, he's not the most mobile QB in the league but he's under constant pressure back there while wide receiver fail to run the right routes or don't know how to run them. No wonder he has to throw to his 3rd and 4th receiver constantly and then he doesn't have enough time to do that.

6. This team will not make the playoffs, and there are some major needs that have to be addressed in the draft and FA. I don't know if they have the money to address all the needs this team has. It's going to be an interesting off-season.

gotta agree with almost everything you have written up there....its not all BJs fault!!! there is a few key plays that lost us the game. I think the biggest reason we lost the game is becuase of a few key penalties. look at that 65 yarder by chestor taylor, but then the other taylor screwed him over. that would have given us the lead. the personal foul by scott, he gave them a 6 point lead. then there were numerous other penalties that killed our drives. then you can't forget about the infamous drop by williamson on the last drive that would have given us a first down. but then on fourth down there if they hadn't had that personal foul it would have been a field goal for us to tie the game and into overtime. so u can link it to a number of plays but the biggest problems we had yesterday was our receivers dropping balls and the penalties. if it were not for penalties we would have won yesterday!!

marcosMN
11-06-2006, 10:50 AM
BREAKING NEWS!!!

Winter Park~

Vikings coach Brad Childress has just announced that, in lieu of next Sunday's game against the Green Bay Packers, he has entered the entire team in a synchronized monkey-humping contest.

We should win this one for sure.

:P :-X ::) :'( :o ???

tb04512
11-06-2006, 11:08 AM
"davike" wrote:

"COJOMAY" wrote:

gotta agree with almost everything you have written up there....its not all BJs fault!!! there is a few key plays that lost us the game. I think the biggest reason we lost the game is becuase of a few key penalties. look at that 65 yarder by chestor taylor, but then the other taylor screwed him over. that would have given us the lead. the personal foul by scott, he gave them a 6 point lead. then there were numerous other penalties that killed our drives. then you can't forget about the infamous drop by williamson on the last drive that would have given us a first down. but then on fourth down there if they hadn't had that personal foul it would have been a field goal for us to tie the game and into overtime. so u can link it to a number of plays but the biggest problems we had yesterday was our receivers dropping balls and the penalties. if it were not for penalties we would have won yesterday!!

if this, if that.... if the queen had balls she'd be king... brad needs to get rid of the ball he is making very poor choices... im sure the last play of the game wasnt his fault at all ::) im sure childress told him throw it into double coverage on 4th and 7 with a minute left... brad childress doesnt seem like the offensive guru like everyone thought he was... maybe andy reid was a geneous for not letting him call the plays... or maybe bj doesnt fit our scheme.. look at philly donovan doesnt sit in the pocket he has to move around... i say try tjack.. i know he's a d2 player but i just cant stand to see brad do this...

davike
11-06-2006, 11:26 AM
"tb04512" wrote:

"davike" wrote:

"COJOMAY" wrote:

if this, if that.... if the queen had balls she'd be king... brad needs to get rid of the ball he is making very poor choices... im sure the last play of the game wasnt his fault at all ::) im sure childress told him throw it into double coverage on 4th and 7 with a minute left... brad childress doesnt seem like the offensive guru like everyone thought he was... maybe andy reid was a geneous for not letting him call the plays... or maybe bj doesnt fit our scheme.. look at philly donovan doesnt sit in the pocket he has to move around... i say try tjack.. i know he's a d2 player but i just cant stand to see brad do this...

umm i didn't see the that throw but like i said everyone gets caught up in the moment, or makes bad descisions, im not making excuses for BJ cuz i realize he hasn't played up to par that past couple weeks. but did you see if there was anyone else that was more open then his target in that throw? or was everyone else wrapped up as well and BJ was just trying to get it to the person who was most likely to make a difficult catch. as far as BC goes im not sure about him either. i like tomlin, but our offense is not producing, maybe childress should give bevel a chance at play calling.

tb04512
11-06-2006, 11:30 AM
its hard to see if there was anyone else open on the play because of camera views, but if the ball was thrown ahead it wouldve been a td... and i agree give bevell the chance it will not happen, brad c he is a man and like me and every other guy in the world we do not like to admit we are wrong...

Jason Carter cannot really hurt at this point

davike
11-06-2006, 12:05 PM
"tb04512" wrote:

its hard to see if there was anyone else open on the play because of camera views, but if the ball was thrown ahead it wouldve been a td... and i agree give bevell the chance it will not happen, brad c he is a man and like me and every other guy in the world we do not like to admit we are wrong...

Jason Carter cannot really hurt at this point

hard not to agree with you there, and i do
think we should give carter a shot as well. BC needs to just suck it up and give bevel a shot. and if that doesn't work, then we're screwed till childress or whoever gets some experience and know-how on playcalling. cuz really they are both rookies at playcalling, andy reid did the play calling in philly right? to bad they don't have a "ask madden" button to push ;D then we would surge to victory everytime ;)
::)

ChezPizmo
11-06-2006, 12:11 PM
"WVV" wrote:

Haha.

davike
11-06-2006, 12:15 PM
"ChezPizmo" wrote:

"WVV" wrote:

Haha.

haha they don't have much room to talk, but then that doesn't stop the hillbilly packer fans does it doesn't matter how bad they are they still feel they can talk trash about better teams ;D

El Vikingo
11-06-2006, 12:26 PM
Its my very first post here,sorry for my awful english,after what I watched yesterday ,I wanted to register to say many things.
I ve no fucking idea of Football,but what I saw yesterday its far from a football match its suppossed,I guess.
The offense is ,is ,is how can I say ? in fact is not.The QB has the ball and the Receivers try to hide for not receiving the Hot potato,The line is weak indeed not giving time the QB to think what to do,I am sure would be better to play Chester Taylor against the whole other team ,at least It ll be funny seeing him running.

I saw in the game Joe Montana playing a little,i am sure we would win the game if Montana played for us yesterday with his 50 years or something...,

It also make me cry Childress with his
apathy ,only focused to putt a bookmark or something in his head.

But defenitevly
the worst of all was the Receivers and the last
2 plays of the game ,we could have beaten them 10-9 with a little head.

Its all I have to say for now,I wanted to share my opinion with you ,because here in Spain ,nobody knows american football and i Cant speak with none,and yesterday at 01:00 a.m. local time I was very very frustated...Oh I forgot to say 2 words.

VAMOS VIKINGOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

whackthepack
11-06-2006, 12:47 PM
I wanted to post I am not even furious about yesterdays game and I don't know why.
I was levied as the game went on and our offense played like usual, and I ranted after we had a terrible penalty by T-Taylor that called back Chester's 65 yard TD reception (which 60 of it was running yards).

But for some reason i woke up this morning and I don't care, what does that mean?

Prophet
11-06-2006, 12:49 PM
"whackthepack" wrote:

I wanted to post I am not even furious about yesterdays game and I don't know why.
I was levied as the game went on and our offense played like usual, and I ranted after we had a terrible penalty by T-Taylor that called back Chester's 65 yard TD reception (which 60 of it was running yards).

But for some reason i woke up this morning and I don't care, what does that mean?

Sounds like a question for the BBQ thread.

fourdoorchevelle
11-06-2006, 01:19 PM
tickets 5 rows back on the 40, behind the vikings bench : $550

food during the game (including beer) : $100

yelling all game long : horse for 3 days

losing to the 49ers : god i'm pissed

Webby
11-06-2006, 01:25 PM
"whackthepack" wrote:

It means you are a long time fan.
Such things dont phase you anymore.
NFL fans of all teams start to get that harder outer shell and that jaded look in their eye.

Welcome to my world.
I don't even care we lost to a crap team.
I care we lost, but want to know more about what is being done to fix it than pretend I am a Madden Genius who has one word solutions.

SKOL!

snowinapril
11-06-2006, 01:28 PM
"vikes2456" wrote:

There was one team, and that team no longer has Kyle Boller starting as there QB, so the answer is no.

PurpleRide
11-06-2006, 01:41 PM
So last year when the WR's were dropping the balls, the line wasnt blocking, the calls from the sideline sucked, the teams we played were better, it was the QB's fault, now we make excuses for a QB who wasnt good enough to QB in tampa?
Johnson is the worst QB in the NFL, he is the worst QB on this team.
We will put up TD's with either one of our back-ups, our starter has proven he does not have the ablility to do so

snowinapril
11-06-2006, 01:52 PM
I don't no how to say this, but my expectations are so lo right now.

You can't lay down on the couch and watch our Offense, it will put you right asleep.

At this point, I would love to have the INT & Fumbler, aka Daunte Culpepper, back in the line up.
Atleast he was trying to score some points.

Anyone know the lowest point total on a single season for the Vikings.
I got a funny feeling that we are on pace to break it.

SKOL
11-06-2006, 02:02 PM
This has probably been stated elsewhere, but I just can't understand how we can consistently take our first drive of the game down the field and do NOTHING thereafter.
What's up with that?

Prophet
11-06-2006, 02:10 PM
"SKOL" wrote:

This has probably been stated elsewhere, but I just can't understand how we can consistently take our first drive of the game down the field and do NOTHING thereafter.
What's up with that?

It was explained in the 'Tice sold his SB tickets to a voodoo witch in 'Nawlins' thread.

mblack76
11-06-2006, 02:15 PM
I dunno if anyone realised a certain patteren in our results. If not here it is....

Mon, Sep 11
at Washington
W 19-16
2 Sun, Sep 17 Carolina W 16-13
3 Sun, Sep 24 Chicago L 16-19
4 Sun, Oct 1 at Buffalo L 12-17
5 Sun, Oct 8 Detroit W 26-17
6 -- bye -- -- --
7 Sun, Oct 22 at Seattle W 31-13
8 Mon, Oct 30 New England L 7-31
9 Sun, Nov 5 at San Fran L 3-9
10 Sun, Nov 12 Green Bay
11 Sun, Nov 19 at Miami
12 Sun, Nov 26 Arizona
13 Sun, Dec 3 at Chicago
14 Sun, Dec 10 at Detroit
15 Sun, Dec 17 NY Jets
16 Thu, Dec 21 at Green Bay
17 Sun, Dec 31
St. Louis

Draw your conclusions. LOL

cajunvike
11-06-2006, 02:18 PM
"mblack76" wrote:

I dunno if anyone realised a certain patteren in our results. If not here it is....

Mon, Sep 11
at Washington
W 19-16
2 Sun, Sep 17 Carolina W 16-13
3 Sun, Sep 24 Chicago L 16-19
4 Sun, Oct 1 at Buffalo L 12-17
5 Sun, Oct 8 Detroit W 26-17
6 -- bye -- -- --
7 Sun, Oct 22 at Seattle W 31-13
8 Mon, Oct 30 New England L 7-31
9 Sun, Nov 5 at San Fran L 3-9
10 Sun, Nov 12 Green Bay
11 Sun, Nov 19 at Miami
12 Sun, Nov 26 Arizona
13 Sun, Dec 3 at Chicago
14 Sun, Dec 10 at Detroit
15 Sun, Dec 17 NY Jets
16 Thu, Dec 21 at Green Bay
17 Sun, Dec 31
St. Louis

Draw your conclusions. LOL

We had better not lose to F'n Arizona again!!!

tastywaves
11-06-2006, 02:18 PM
"SKOL" wrote:

What's up with that?

Defensive field is compressed, players are tighter and our little dinky dunky passes, run left, run left then throw it in a crowd and pray plays lose their effectiveness.
Seriously, we need a few new plays, at least in the red zone.
Be interested for someone to look at all the Vikings red zone attempts this year, check out the play calling, and see how much it varies.

Purple Floyd
11-06-2006, 05:57 PM
"SKOL" wrote:

What's up with that?

It basically means that after the first series our opponents are adjusting to us while we are not adjusting to our opponents.

singersp
11-06-2006, 08:51 PM
"Webby" wrote:

"whackthepack" wrote:

It means you are a long time fan.

Such things dont phase you anymore.

NFL fans of all teams start to get that harder outer shell and that jaded look in their eye.

Welcome to my world.

I don't even care we lost to a crap team.
I care we lost, but want to know more about what is being done to fix it than pretend I am a Madden Genius who has one word solutions.

SKOL!

That's me as well. I hate the loss, but it's just a game. I didn't lose any sleep over it, it didn't affect my appetite or my daily life & it doesn't change my love for the Vikings one iota. I'll be there next week sitting in the Metrodome once again, cheering my boys on.

A loss like this happens. I remember losing to Tampa Bay when they first came into the league. They were the cellar dwellers for awhile & no matter how good our team was, they managed to beat us at least once.

One year the Bucs won one game all year. Guess who they beat?

We may have lost to a team that was 2-5 coming in here, but at least we are not that 2-5 team.