PDA

View Full Version : Troy Williamson

Garland Greene
11-05-2006, 06:02 PM
I of all people wantede hm to do well, but c'mon. He could catch Water if he was in a boat,
in the midle of an ocean,
and the boat was sinking,
and he had a bucket,
and it was raining.

kingjay78
11-05-2006, 06:03 PM
its not his fault b trash tryna force him the ball n he doesnt play the fake really good

singersp
11-05-2006, 06:21 PM
"THEBIGDADDY" wrote:

I of all people wantede hm to do well, but c'mon. He could catch Water if he was in a boat,
and he had a bucket,
and it was raining.

??? Anybody could catch water that way.

ultravikingfan
11-05-2006, 06:24 PM
"kingjay78" wrote:

its not his fault b trash tryna force him the ball n he doesnt play the fake really good

Huh?

ultravikingfan
11-05-2006, 06:55 PM
Troy drops the first down to keep our drive alive...nobody is even near him.

I have lost all faith in stonehands.
>:(

cc21
11-05-2006, 06:59 PM
I feel so bad for Troy. Boy is he ever going to get crap. I don't even know what to say. This sucks.

Gift
11-05-2006, 07:03 PM
t-will is dead to me.
this was the last straw!
anyone that still says "give him a chance" hates they vikes in my eyes.
so angry...................

Freakout
11-05-2006, 07:04 PM
Wasted pick.
He wouldn't even make another teams roster.

singersp
The fall of Troy

http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/images/n37/n185849.jpg

poult
cut or at the very least bench him, he can not catch anything.
his speed doesnt mean a damn thing with no hands.

Garland Greene
11-05-2006, 07:05 PM
"singersp" wrote:

"THEBIGDADDY" wrote:

and he had a bucket,
and it was raining.

??? Anybody could catch water that way.

Except Williams on some how he would manage to not catch a single drop

ThaSuperFreak33
11-05-2006, 07:06 PM
I say we cut him so we dont have to pay his salary next year.
We could get a better WR from the no name free agent pool.

BadlandsVikings
11-05-2006, 07:06 PM
Something needs to bed done.
Glue?
Kick in butt?
Any Idea?

Bdubya
11-05-2006, 07:07 PM
"cc21" wrote:

I feel so bad for Troy. Boy is he ever going to get crap. I don't even know what to say. This sucks.

Maybe all that crap he is going to get will inspire him to work on his hands a little more.

I don't feel bad for him at all, and you shouldn't either.
You should feel bad for us fans for having him on the team.

xlb57
This guy is an embarassment to our team.
He is a pathetic excuse for a wide receiver.
Albeit there were many other problems in this game, he is terrible.
End of story.

Gift
"WVV" wrote:

Something needs to bed done.
Glue?
Kick in butt?
Any Idea?
IR then cut.

VikesFan787
11-05-2006, 07:08 PM
Lets trade T-Will for a 15th round pick. We can get a good towel boy out of him.

poult
11-05-2006, 07:08 PM
what was the reasoning behind us taking him over williams in the draft?
just his speed?

FuadFan
11-05-2006, 07:09 PM
Yeah why not it's not like every other WR we have hasn't dropped the ball as well. Oh wait yes they have Bethel dropped it, Travis has not only dropped the ball he fumbled it so yes we can afford to bench players can't we?

singersp
11-05-2006, 07:09 PM
You mean to tell me no one is blaming Smoot for this one?

Garland Greene
11-05-2006, 07:11 PM
remember the movie "All the right moves" when the coach made Cruise's charecter ride the bus with the cheeleaders. There ya go

MightyVikes12391
11-05-2006, 07:11 PM
how bad is troy williamson. Why cant he catch it is so embarassing thats why we shouldnt get rid of moss for reasons like that. Troy was suppose to replace moss..yea ok. Also whats with the bombs to doulbe coverage on 4th down. We did that in the bears game too. I mean maybe if we had a good reciever its ok to do that but with our recievers thats just basically giving up the ball. I mean our offense is terrble

skum
11-05-2006, 07:12 PM
Smoot did have 2, 3rd down missed tackles who converted into 1st downs.. momentum changes that didnt happen.. so he didnt help us getting the win

Bdubya
11-05-2006, 07:13 PM
I just looked at the upcoming free agent WR's, and it doesn't look like we are getting any better there unless we use a first rounder on one.

The jewel of the upcoming WR free agents: Drew Bennett

sharper42
11-05-2006, 07:14 PM
troy williamson shoud either be cut or inactivated this week.
no joke, we have o-line man with better hands than him.
Also bench brad johnson... start bollinger or jackson

Garland Greene
11-05-2006, 07:15 PM
I have to admitt That I was one of the few that liked the pick of Williamson over Muike Williams.
not that Williams is any better, but people you have to realize that players have to come up big when it counts and Williamson has yet to do that.

Garland Greene
11-05-2006, 07:16 PM
"Bdubya" wrote:

I just looked at the upcoming free agent WR's, and it doesn't look like we are getting any better there unless we use a first rounder on one.

Just curious where you found it at

VikingsMB
11-05-2006, 07:17 PM
There has to be a guy on the practice squad that can catch a 10 yard pass when the game is on the line...San Fran did not even bother to put coverage onto Twill...are they onto something that Childress can not see?

raginghelga914
11-05-2006, 07:18 PM
See ya wouldn't wanna be ya!!!!
Say, anyone got some stick'em

sharper42
"skum" wrote:

Smoot did have 2, 3rd down missed tackles who converted into 1st downs.. momentum changes that didnt happen.. so he didnt help us getting the win
smoot also had a nice tackle on a swing pass....dont blame this game on smoot, th eonly person on defense that i could say would be darrion scott with the late hit that put them in field goal range.
Besides, the defense played great chester taylor had more total yards than the whole 49er offense

vikes_4_life_42
YES that was a bad drop, and im not making an excuse for that. all im saying is that who knows, even if he would have caught it, brad might have fumble again, or someone else could have screwed up. alot of things added up to our loss. twill wasnt the only one who dropped a pass. that is all i want to say about this. idk what to do now, but something has to change. our offense...YES OUR OFFENSE, NOT JUST TWILL, sucks and something has got to change.

MetalMike-LoudVike
11-05-2006, 07:19 PM
this guy has had chances I am sick to my stomach with this guy, give him chance after chance, but its not just TROY, it all of them we got no one to catch the ball and Johnson cant throw, defenses just paly it tight and thats how minnesota loses like this watch the dink and dunk crap.
one aggravated viking
MMLV

xlb57
11-05-2006, 07:19 PM
Easy ending to this entire thread: Smoot sucks (very much so, watch the film the guy is terrible and extremely overpaid) and Williamson should not even be considered a RECEIVER.

PAvikesfan
11-05-2006, 07:20 PM
i think benching twill is the least of our problems.
it is the offense front to back that needs an overhall...
except hutch, birk, and sometimes mckinnie...and chester taylor this offense is a joke!

vikes_4_life_42
11-05-2006, 07:22 PM
one more thing i need to add. if there wouldnt have been a penalty on c taylors td run, we wouldnt have come to this! so quit bashing one player, the whole team made huge misakes. twill just happend to make them at the wrong time. on a brighter note....DA BEARS LOST! THE PACKERS LOST!! YIPPIE!

Garland Greene
11-05-2006, 07:23 PM
"vikes_4_life_42" wrote:

YES that was a bad drop, and im not making an excuse for that. all im saying is that who knows, even if he would have caught it, brad might have fumble again, or someone else could have screwed up. alot of things added up to our loss. twill wasnt the only one who dropped a pass. that is all i want to say about this. idk what to do now, but something has to change. our offense...YES OUR OFFENSE, NOT JUST TWILL, sucks and something has got to change.

You are correct , it is not just Troy but there are certain players that are expected to step up and Williamson has yet to do that and thus deserves to get ripped.

The Dropper
11-05-2006, 07:26 PM
"vikes_4_life_42" wrote:

one more thing i need to add. if there wouldnt have been a penalty on c taylors td run, we wouldnt have come to this! so quit bashing one player, the whole team made huge misakes. twill just happend to make them at the wrong time. on a brighter note....DA BEARS LOST! THE PACKERS LOST!! YIPPIE!

If there hadn't been a penalty on that play it wouldn't have been a touchdown. Sorry, but it's true. That was a block to the back, and the defender probably would have had Chester. Not saying I like it, but it was a fair call.

UndisputedVike
11-05-2006, 07:26 PM
"xlb57" wrote:

Easy ending to this entire thread: Smoot sucks (very much so, watch the film the guy is terrible and extremely overpaid) and Williamson should not even be considered a RECEIVER.

Give me a fricken break, i'm so sick of these trolls coming in here and bashing Smoot, you sir should s...t...f...u. We didn't lose this game because of Smoot you football illiterate silly guy.

Go troll another board that actually cares.

verovike
11-05-2006, 07:27 PM
A receiver that can't catch, a weak armed QB that can't move, and that 4th down decision at the end...what the heck was that... ???
Troy did not make the plays when we needed them, but who on the offense did?
(maybe Artose Pinner, he gave us a little life on those few runs) Chester didn't show very good vision on a lot of his runs IMO.
I refuse to use a second year receiver as a scape goat, there were lost opportuniies throughout the game.
I think that a more mobile QB would give us a better chance of winning, wheather that's Jackson or Bollinger I don't know, but I think that Childress will have to address that this week.
This is not a championship team, let it grow this year with the quarterback of the future on the field.

vv

Bdubya
11-05-2006, 07:35 PM
"THEBIGDADDY" wrote:

"Bdubya" wrote:

Just curious where you found it at

I just googled NFL free agents and got this...

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2007/nfl/freeagentsWR.html

V-Unit
11-05-2006, 07:39 PM
I have been defending Williamson all season, but he was just pathetic today. More drops than catches. He played like shit and its really inexcusable.

He was not the only/main reason we lost, and all of our receivers had horrible days, but until Marcus Robinson gets back we are in serious trouble. It is sad in itself that Marcus Robinson is our best receiver.

I need a new sig.

threepete21
11-05-2006, 07:44 PM
We need to trade all williamson, johnson, and our first rounder for RANDY MOSS, atleast the guys could catch and throw.

UndisputedVike
11-05-2006, 07:44 PM
Bench Troy, move Marcus or Travis to our #1 WR, pull Carter back from practice squad move him into the slot WR and rotate him with Bethel, i'm finished with Troy, he's done. I know I said it's too early to say it and maybe it his but in my honest opinion, he's a bust, through and through a good old fashion Ryan Leaf type BUST!

threepete21
11-05-2006, 07:45 PM
And get an OC, that isn't a HC

Mr Anderson
11-05-2006, 07:48 PM
There is no excuse for a receiver at any level to drop the ball that Williamson dropped on 3rd down at the end of that game.

There are no guaranteed contracts in the NFL, and I say we take full advantage of it and release Williamson tomorrow. I am 100% serious about this and it's not my emotions speaking. He is making a ton of money as a #7 overall pick, and ruining games for us.
Taylor marched us down the field on that drive, and he ruined it on third down by dropping a pass that 90% of us on these boards would have caught, once again no exaggeration.

We traded the most talented wide receiver to ever play the game and got this guy with the pick. I bet you any amount of money Moss would have caught that ball with his eyes closed. He's a complete bust, no doubt about it, and we should either trade(at the end of the season since the deadline is up) or release him.

Dontarrious Thomas played just as well as Napo did all year today, and that shows any athletic linebacker could play the middle in our system. So don't even mention Napolean after I say what I'm about to.

There is now absolutely no justification for trading Randy Moss. We got a completely awful receiver, and a mediocre linebacker for him. We traded the most talented wide receiver to ever put on pads for a pick in which we replaced him with someone, shorter, slower, less athletic, who lacks awareness, and any hand eye coordination.

I think trading someone for a player nowhere near as talented as the one you're trading is a spectacular idea, and Im surprised we didn't do it earlier. We never should have traded Moss, now you all know it as well as I do.

Tell me I'm wrong.

singersp
11-05-2006, 07:50 PM
My guess is that we'll see Jason Carter activated tomorrow.

kramer9guy
11-05-2006, 07:56 PM
Troy, Troy, Troy, Troy, Troy... :(

Another game, another big dropped pass.

I could see the pain in Troy's eyes as his most current drop slowly fell to the ground in slo-mo on TV. I could feel his frustration as he banged the turf with his fists as they replayed the drop for Viking fans across the country to see.

He's like a kicker who has lost his confidence. He is trying so hard to catch those balls at this point that it may actually be a hinderance to him. In all seriousness, cutting him isn't an option and he will probably have little trade value after this season so I think our only option is to use him the rest of this season in situations where he tends to catch more balls and relegate him to 2nd or 3rd WR next year after we upgrade the position. Maybe he'll improve with less pressure on his shoulders.

williamsontothebench
11-05-2006, 08:01 PM
Williamson doe's not deserve to were our jersey.
He doe's not deserve a spot on our roster.
At best he should be a player on the practice squad.
What can this guy catch?
I doubt it if he could catch a cold!
I can't stand him, he needs to be let go!
Not a team in the league will want him.
Look at the college he came from!
A running the ball school.
What a wasted pick!

ClanGunn
11-05-2006, 08:06 PM
I say we see if Williamson can tackle and move him to cornerback. See if Smoot can catch and move him to Reciever.
If Williamson can't tckle Then cut him and save some money.
Let a rookie or someone that wants to catch the ball get some snaps.

carolinafan
11-05-2006, 08:08 PM
everyone's frustration.
I am as perplexed as anyone as to why TW is dropping passes.
He had no problems in college and that's why I kept laughing when people would say he needs to work on his hands before he ever played a down in the NFL.
Sounds like TW is now having mental lapses like Shaq shooting foul shots.

I hope TW can work through this b/c I know how good he can be if he catches the ball like an NFL receiver should.

I will say this, I can't see every Vike game, and I hear some on the radio, but from what I've seen, and looking at stats after every game, TW is one of numerous problems the Vikes are having.
The Vikings have to be able to throw down field just like any other team.
If you look at passing stats after every game, receiver stats are like 4 catches for 21 yards, 3 catches for 19 yards, etc.
BJ can't throw long any more and everyone on here knows it.
Throwing 3 yard dumps and 5 yard down and outs in the NFL when you have 3rd and 9 ain't going to win many games.
The two games I have seen for the Vikes, the O line didn't give BJ enough time to even throw the little dump, must less go long (even if he could throw it long).

Blaming TW is a cop out...........he needs to step up and his clock is ticking.
But there's a hell of allot of others on this team that need to do the same.
Childress is disappointing with his play calls to say the least.
I could draw up better pass routes for a little league team

Mr Anderson
11-05-2006, 08:11 PM
"carolinafan" wrote:

everyone's frustration.
I am as perplexed as anyone as to why TW is dropping passes.
He had no problems in college and that's why I kept laughing when people would say he needs to work on his hands before he ever played a down in the NFL.
Sounds like TW is now having mental lapses like Shaq shooting foul shots.

I hope TW can work through this b/c I know how good he can be if he catches the ball like an NFL receiver should.

I will say this, I can't see every Vike game, and I hear some on the radio, but from what I've seen, and looking at stats after every game, TW is one of numerous problems the Vikes are having.
The Vikings have to be able to throw down field just like any other team.
If you look at passing stats after every game, receiver stats are like 4 catches for 21 yards, 3 catches for 19 yards, etc.
BJ can't throw long any more and everyone on here knows it.
Throwing 3 yard dumps and 5 yard down and outs in the NFL when you have 3rd and 9 ain't going to win many games.
The two games I have seen for the Vikes, the O line didn't give BJ enough time to even throw the little dump, must less go long (even if he could throw it long).

Blaming TW is a cop out...........he needs to step up and his clock is ticking.
But there's a hell of allot of others on this team that need to do the same.
Childress is disappointing with his play calls to say the least.
I could draw up better pass routes for a little league team

Except Shaq still averaged 30 and 15 per game his first two years, so who gives a rats ass about his foul shooting,Foul shots are extra, its like having a bad blocking RB or Wide receiver, it will cost you a little bit, but won't lose the game for you(most of the time), Williamson's only responsiblity is to catch the ball when it comes his way, and there is no excuse for a receiver at any level to drop that pass.

stateVIKE44
11-05-2006, 08:23 PM
Troy "Ten Thumbs" Williamson, needs to be downgraded to our third reciever IMO. Any receiver in the NFL should be able to make both of those catches that "Ten Thumbs" dropped today. Also, Troy's JOB is to catch a football.....if he is not staying after practice everyday TRYING to catch hundres of extra balls, something is seriously wrong. Who is the receivers coach?

williamsontothebench
11-05-2006, 08:23 PM
I would love to get the cash Williamson has recieved for doing NOTHING!!
Anyone see him on the bench after the play ended.
I think he may finally done to much damage to fix what has been done.

Mr Anderson
11-05-2006, 08:41 PM
I hope you like my new sig.

tampaviking
11-05-2006, 08:44 PM
maybe he's in debt to the irish mafia or something. maybe he should seriously try corner. or maybe he was suprised to get the ball thrown where he didn't have to dive opr jump to catch

DPep11
11-05-2006, 08:47 PM
I never liked this draft pick, and I never will. Troy Williamson sucks and he should be benched. I think not having Marcus Robinson is hurting us, bad.

6-KINGS
11-05-2006, 08:52 PM
Troy Williamson is the new Quadry Ismail.

Venus De Milo in pads
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y142/6-kings/VenusDeMilo.jpg

Mr Anderson
11-05-2006, 08:54 PM
"DPep11" wrote:

I never liked this draft pick, and I never will. Troy Williamson sucks and he should be benched. I think not having Marcus Robinson is hurting us, bad.

I completely agree, as some of hte members who have been around for longer remember, I was a serious advocate for drafting Derrick Johnson, and look how that paid off. Williamson sucks majorly and DJ is playing very well on an awful defense.

PurpleRide
11-05-2006, 08:54 PM
He is terrible, he needs to sit at the end of the bench next to johnson as both deserve nothing more than to be spectators for the rest of the year.

singersp
11-05-2006, 08:55 PM
"6-KINGS" wrote:

Venus De Milo in pads

??? Troy has taters?

Purplemania
11-05-2006, 08:57 PM
We can't cut Troy. think of the caphit we'll take.....

And besides it takes at least 3 years before a WR truly developes anyways. I think Troy is a good guy and will be a good reciever one day...he just needs to put extra effort into the little stuff.

VikesfaninWis
11-05-2006, 09:01 PM
This is what a 1st rd draft pick bust looks like.. TW has had every chance in the world to be a standout WR in the NFL, and has blown every chance he has gotten.. Sure he has blazing speed, but when you drop every pass in your direction, the speed doesn't mean jackshit..

Braddock
11-05-2006, 09:04 PM
Troy will do good for our team. If the entire offense is stalling, it's the QB's fault. Get rid of BJ, Williamson will play. Guaranteed. At least keep him for the regime change from BJ to TJ. Then evaluate him.

DPep11
11-05-2006, 09:09 PM
"singersp" wrote:

"6-KINGS" wrote:

Venus De Milo in pads

??? Troy has taters?

Of course thats why when he always tries to catch with his chest instead of his hands the ball bounces off.

ziggy
11-05-2006, 09:45 PM
And besides it takes at least 3 years before a WR truly developes anyways. I think Troy is a good guy and will be a good reciever one day...he just needs to put extra effort into the little stuff.

Catching the ball is little stuff?

Gift
11-05-2006, 09:56 PM
ll

ll

ll
V

V

V
V

V

baumy300
11-05-2006, 10:28 PM
"Gift" wrote:

ll

ll

ll
V

V

V
V

V

That is one of the best sigs I have seen on here
;D

He's like a terrorist, I swear. The Packers are paying this guys salary or something.

But hey, look on the bright side. He won't get a cold in the chilly MN winters.

He would have to catch one first.

xlb57
11-05-2006, 10:28 PM
"UndisputedVike" wrote:

"xlb57" wrote:

Give me a fricken break, i'm so sick of these trolls coming in here and bashing Smoot, you sir should s...t...f...u. We didn't lose this game because of Smoot you football illiterate silly guy.

Actually sir I am a season ticket holder that is growing tired of particular players' efforts.
My apologies for venting.
To call me football illiterate is silly in itself.
Try again.
However, rather than post against someone that is also obviously a Vikings fan I will just end it in saying that I am sorry for showing a tad bit of frustration.
Also, I did not say that Smoot cost us this game at all in my post (please review it).

Ltrey33
11-05-2006, 10:46 PM
You can chalk some things up to immaturity, you can say that he needs time develop, you can say that the other balls he's dropped this year were difficult to grab, were on comebacks diving, were down the field with guys hanging on him, but today was UNACCEPTABLE.

To drop a pass when the ball hits you in the chest with the game on the line and no one within 5 yards of you as an NFL receiver with a 40 million dollar contract is just plain out of line.

V-Unit
11-05-2006, 10:48 PM
"DPep11" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"6-KINGS" wrote:

Venus De Milo in pads

??? Troy has taters?

If I'm not mistaken, Ismail has a Super Bowl Ring.....

Of course thats why when he always tries to catch with his chest instead of his hands the ball bounces off.

Prophet
11-05-2006, 10:50 PM
"Ltrey33" wrote:

You can chalk some things up to immaturity, you can say that he needs time develop, you can say that the other balls he's dropped this year were difficult to grab, were on comebacks diving, were down the field with guys hanging on him, but today was UNACCEPTABLE.

To drop a pass when the ball hits you in the chest with the game on the line and no one within 5 yards of you as an NFL receiver with a 40 million dollar contract is just plain out of line.

Amen....it's not a one time occurrence either.
My patience is running out with him.
He needs to be working on catching the ball 16+ hrs a day.
His job title is/was Wide Receiver at the #1 slot in the NFL.
There are only 32 of them.
He ain't one of them or at least he shouldn't be one of them.

PridePiper
Smoot played a great game today.
It's a laugh that his name, or any defensive player, would even be mentioned after this game by a serious poster.
The score was 9 to 3!

Williamson's days in MN almost have to be numbered.
Will we ever really trust him when it matters--what about when it really matters in the playoffs?
It's in his head now, and while there are receivers who have recovered from being a 'dropper', he may not.

Ltrey33
"Braddock" wrote:

Troy will do good for our team. If the entire offense is stalling, it's the QB's fault. Get rid of BJ, Williamson will play. Guaranteed. At least keep him for the regime change from BJ to TJ. Then evaluate him.

How the hell can you say it's the QB's fault? Brad hit him in the numbers twice today and he dropped it....once with the game on the line! Did Brad not spin it right? Give me a break.

"xlb57" wrote:

"UndisputedVike" wrote:

"xlb57" wrote:

Actually sir I am a season ticket holder that is growing tired of particular players' efforts.
My apologies for venting.
To call me football illiterate is silly in itself.
Try again.
However, rather than post against someone that is also obviously a Vikings fan I will just end it in saying that I am sorry for showing a tad bit of frustration.
Also, I did not say that Smoot cost us this game at all in my post (please review it).

Smoot is hurting this team, whether some people want to admit it or not. He made one HORRIBLE play today when he missed someone on a swing pass and allowed him the first down. He led with his head and never even wrapped his arms. It was awful. With that said though, he did make on very nice stop on a guy much bigger than him. Smoot has made some mistakes, but he did not cost us the game today. IMO, he played adequately today.

PridePiper
11-05-2006, 10:54 PM
Smoot talks a lot, and I know that bugs us midwesterners.
He talks more than he should...and yes, he was on the boat.

But, hurting our team?
That's a big stretch.

There were some nice tackles by him today as I remember it (I need to get down to my Tivo and jot them down or something).

olson_10
11-05-2006, 10:57 PM
"PridePiper" wrote:

It's a laugh that his name, or any defensive player, would even be mentioned after this game by a serious poster.
The score was 9 to 3!

Williamson's days in MN almost have to be numbered.
Will we ever really trust him when it matters--what about when it really matters in the playoffs?
It's in his head now, and while there are receivers who have recovered from being a 'dropper', he may not.

exactly! how do you blame anybody on a defense that allowed 9 points..9 FRICKIN POINTS..its the offense that kills us week after week after week..troy williamson is absolutely awful..i have never seen a receiver that repeatedly drops balls at pivotal moments of games each and every single week of the season..billy mcmullen should find more time on the field than this BOZO we wasted a great draft position pick on..the offensive line didnt protect at times, and brad took too long back there in the pocket to get rid of the ball

im not sure what it is, but something needs to change..the playcalling stinks in many situations, the special teams unit has comes up short all the time..you know, its hard to point out 1 or 2 things because there are 10-15 things that are wrong with this team that need fixing or else we dont have a prayer of reaching the playoffs

Dlayer
11-05-2006, 11:04 PM
I cant take it anymore!
Does anyone else think they could do a better job coaching this team then these morons.
Childress needs to fire his offensive coordinator(just toss him), his play calling is too vanilla.
The Vikings today ran the ball on First and second down 80% of the time.
This my friends makes an even illiterate football coordinator to put more men in the box on first and second and protect against the pass on third. And then we wonder why we dont score?
Bc the play calling is too easy to read.
Then dont even get me started on Troy Williamson!
He is the most pathetic reciever in Vikings history.
Chris Carter should slap him.
He is a profesional athlete that cant even catch 50% of his passes.
So after this week this is what needs to happen.
1) Get new offensive coordinator
2) Cut Troy williamson to practice squad
3) Get off Brad Johnson's nuts, he cant catch the ball too.

Mr Anderson
11-05-2006, 11:05 PM
"ziggy" wrote:

Its probably one of the easiest position to adjust to, especially when you have speen like Troy.

And the guy we traded for him adjusted mighty fast 4catches 96 yards and 2 TDs in his very first game.

Ltrey33
11-05-2006, 11:15 PM
"Dlayer" wrote:

I cant take it anymore!
Does anyone else think they could do a better job coaching this team then these morons.
Childress needs to fire his offensive coordinator(just toss him), his play calling is too vanilla.
The Vikings today ran the ball on First and second down 80% of the time.
This my friends makes an even illiterate football coordinator to put more men in the box on first and second and protect against the pass on third. And then we wonder why we dont score?
Bc the play calling is too easy to read.
Then dont even get me started on Troy Williamson!
He is the most pathetic reciever in Vikings history.
Chris Carter should slap him.
He is a profesional athlete that cant even catch 50% of his passes.
So after this week this is what needs to happen.
1) Get new offensive coordinator
2) Cut Troy williamson to practice squad
3) Get off Brad Johnson's nuts, he cant catch the ball too.

I don't think the problem lies with Childress or the playcalling. First of all, his playcalling has had us in every single game...the players just didn't make the plays. Second, the playcalling is a function of the talent and the players. We don't have the speed or the quarterback to stretch the field incredibly well, and our o-line isn't pass protecting well enough to do it anyway.

I also agree that Williamson is at fault, and some people should get off of Johnson's nuts, although he does shoulder a good bit of the blame for today's loss.

ziggy
11-05-2006, 11:15 PM
I agree with you Mr. anderson! I was quoting purplemania

mnvikes61
11-05-2006, 11:18 PM
"Mr" wrote:

"ziggy" wrote:

Its probably one of the easiest position to adjust to, especially when you have speen like Troy.

And the guy we traded for him adjusted mighty fast 4catches 96 yards and 2 TDs in his very first game.

No other WR has done what Moss did his first season. It's unfair to compare Moss' ability to adjust from college to the NFL to any other WR in the game today. If we still had Moss who knows how much he would be crying about. We don't have the offense to keep a player like Moss happy, he would just be a headache now.

PridePiper
11-05-2006, 11:20 PM
Mr. Anderson...that sig is awesome.
I don't think we had any idea how good we had it with Randy.
We knew he was great, but could we have guessed the dropoff that would actually happen after the trade?
The guy taking the occassional play off, dropping a ball in traffic, and walking out of the Redskins game is nothing like this mess we're in right now.

HornedHat
11-05-2006, 11:22 PM
Troy is a bust as a top ten #1 pick; however, he can still be a good reciever DTR. We need to bring in someone else next year to be the number one. In my dreams, I see Calvin Johnson, but he won't be for us. Maybe Dale Jarrett. Maybe a free agent, of whom I know of none available. But keep Troy, accaept he is
not the one, but keep him. Maybe our next QB can throw the ball deep enough to take advantage of his speed.

mnvikes61
11-05-2006, 11:27 PM
"PridePiper" wrote:

Mr. Anderson...that sig is awesome.
I don't think we had any idea how good we had it with Randy.
We knew he was great, but could we have guessed the dropoff that would actually happen after the trade?
The guy taking the occassional play off, dropping a ball in traffic, and walking out of the Redskins game is nothing like this mess we're in right now.

With basically the same offensive unit last year we were scoring TDs. So the dropoff didn't happen the second we traded Moss it happened after the dumping of the old coaches and signing of new coaches.

gpless05
11-05-2006, 11:55 PM
u can teach someone to catch a ball , u can also teach someone the routes..but u cant teach someone there speed...and that comes natural for t-will...let the coaches work with him and in time he will be alright. look at randy moss...he made his statement by catching 50-60 yard bombs from r.cunningham. let williams find his niche, or wat he is good at. im not saying he hasnt dissapoint me..im just saying that he still is young and has a lot of years ahead of him

sharper42
11-06-2006, 12:01 AM
"HornedHat" wrote:

Troy is a bust as a top ten #1 pick; however, he can still be a good reciever DTR. We need to bring in someone else next year to be the number one. In my dreams, I see Calvin Johnson, but he won't be for us. Maybe Dale Jarrett. Maybe a free agent, of whom I know of none available. But keep Troy, accaept he is
not the one, but keep him. Maybe our next QB can throw the ball deep enough to take advantage of his speed.
dale jarrett??? isnt that a nascar racer? do you mean dawayne jarrett from USC?

HornedHat
11-06-2006, 12:06 AM
My bad. I did indeed mean the USC Jarrett, though Dale could, at least, complete a drive.

baumy300
11-06-2006, 12:08 AM
"HornedHat" wrote:

My bad. I did indeed mean the USC Jarrett, though Dale could, at least, complete a drive.

Now THAT is funny!

Also, unlike Johnson, he knows how to pass.

OnlyVikes
11-06-2006, 12:15 AM
You can't say that it takes this long for someone to develop when given the opportunity. To name a few that are rookies or in their second year while having good years;
Rookies
Marques Colston
Greg Jennings
Santonio Holmes

2nd Year Players
Matt Jones
Mark Clayton
Reggie Brown

NOTE: When we selected TWill at the 7th overall pick in 2005, he was the highest WR picked in the draft, meaning that all three of those 2nd year players were drafted lower than him have been more successful than him.

Everyone in the aforementioned list is either a solid #2 receiver or is #1 receiver on their team. Either way they do the job that they are paid millions to do; catch the d*** ball. I advocate benching him and BJ for the next game and see how things work out. I'm not sure that M. Robinson is the answer either, what with him being so old and banged up now.

After saying the above statement though I really have no answer to what to do either; its contradictory to disagree without having a solution but thats just how I feel I guess.....

As for BJ, Childress should be getting concerned now. If he doesn't reroute the ship so to speak we are on a crash course for disaster. There is absolutely no reason why our starting QB has twice as many INT's as TD's. You know those NFL players with great statistics but they are on bad teams? BJ is the opposite with here in Minnesota. The most under-average games and he still squeaks by with the W most of the time. The Tarvaris fans are gonna be out in full force this week(let alone if BJ ***** up next weekend again).

Also I'm wondering where all the BJ lovers are, what happened? ???

baumy300
11-06-2006, 12:17 AM
"OnlyVikes" wrote:

You can't say that it takes this long for someone to develop when given the opportunity. To name a few that are rookies or in their second year while having good years;
Rookies
Marques Colston
Greg Jennings
Santonio Holmes

2nd Year Players
Matt Jones
Mark Clayton
Reggie Brown

NOTE: When we selected TWill at the 7th overall pick in 2005, he was the highest WR picked in the draft, meaning that all three of those 2nd year players were drafted lower than him have been more successful than him.

Everyone in the aforementioned list is either a solid #2 receiver or is #1 receiver on their team. Either way they do the job that they are paid millions to do; catch the d*** ball. I advocate benching him and BJ for the next game and see how things work out. I'm not sure that M. Robinson is the answer either, what with him being so old and banged up now.

After saying the above statement though I really have no answer to what to do either; its contradictory to disagree without having a solution but thats just how I feel I guess.....

As for BJ, Childress should be getting concerned now. If he doesn't reroute the ship so to speak we are on a crash course for disaster. There is absolutely no reason why our starting QB has twice as many INT's as TD's. You know those NFL players with great statistics but they are on bad teams? BJ is the opposite with here in Minnesota. The most under-average games and he still squeaks by with the W most of the time. The Tarvaris fans are gonna be out in full force this week(let alone if BJ ***** up next weekend again).

Wasn't Braylon Edwards like #4?

HornedHat
11-06-2006, 12:22 AM
Also I'm wondering where all the BJ lovers are, what happened?

I still love a good BJ. Brad Johnson? I love him for his career, but I'm over him for this year. I don't wanna see T-Jack, because I want him ready next year, not messed up this year, but I see no reason he can't play a series or two. Just don't put that load on him yet. Let Brooks do it. The O sux anyway. This isn't our year. Let's not screw next year.

OnlyVikes
11-06-2006, 12:23 AM
"baumy300" wrote:

"OnlyVikes" wrote:

Rookies
Marques Colston
Greg Jennings
Santonio Holmes

2nd Year Players
Matt Jones
Mark Clayton
Reggie Brown

Wasn't Braylon Edwards like #4?

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/years/2005

I stand corrected, #3 actually good eye...... :)

HornedHat
11-06-2006, 12:23 AM
Yes. Edwards went before T-will, or he would have had horns.

cajunvike
11-06-2006, 12:31 AM
"OnlyVikes" wrote:

Rookies
Marques Colston
Greg Jennings
Santonio Holmes

2nd Year Players
Matt Jones
Mark Clayton
Reggie Brown

I wanted us to pick Derrick Johnson and Matt Jones two years ago...imagine our team with those two guys...and then DeAngelo Williams and Abdul Hodge this season (since we wouldn't have picked Greenway because of already having Derrick Johnson).

Ah, but I can dream!

HornedHat
11-06-2006, 12:34 AM
How about drafting Colston instead of Ryan Cook? I don't really mean to cast doubts on Cook, since he doesn't even play much, just that a WR would have been nice.

OnlyVikes
11-06-2006, 12:37 AM
"HornedHat" wrote:

How about drafting Colston instead of Ryan Cook? I don't really mean to cast doubts on Cook, since he doesn't even play much, just that a WR would have been nice.
But the thing is, how would you ever know that Colston would be this dominant? The draft I think in past the first round is more or less a giant guessing game of guess who. I doubt anyone on these boards(myself included) even knew Colston's name on draft day(there are exceptions ;)).

HornedHat
11-06-2006, 12:40 AM
I know. No one knew Colston, but he was a WR. We need WRs. Did we need Ryan cook in the second round? I never liked that pick. I was using a wild ass pick as my example.

ItalianStallion
11-06-2006, 01:19 AM
"cajunvike" wrote:

"OnlyVikes" wrote:

Rookies
Marques Colston
Greg Jennings
Santonio Holmes

2nd Year Players
Matt Jones
Mark Clayton
Reggie Brown

I wanted us to pick Derrick Johnson and Matt Jones two years ago...imagine our team with those two guys...and then DeAngelo Williams and Abdul Hodge this season (since we wouldn't have picked Greenway because of already having Derrick Johnson).

Ah, but I can dream!

MAtt Jones has been a dissapointment this year, and Derrick Johnson has not been as good as he was last year.
I think ideally we should have taken Merriman last year and Maroney this year (or traded up to get Cutler or Leinart).
But hindsight is 20/20 :P

TMAC604
11-06-2006, 01:24 AM
COMMENTS - WILLIAMSON AND OFFENSE

I AM GOING TO TYPE THIS IS CAPITALS.
I SAID LAST SEASON THAT WILLIAMSON WAS A BUST.
I AGREE THAT IT WAS TOO EARLY FOR ME TO MAKE THAT ASSUMPTION

I NOW BELIEVE THAT THIS GUY HAS LOST ALL CONFIDENCE AND ITS THE COACHING STAFFS FAULT.
I NOW BELIEVE HE WONT BE ABLE TO REBOUND.
HE HAD 1/3 OF HIS YARDS IN THE FIRST GAME.

WE NEED MARCUS ROBINSON BACK TO HAVE A LEGITAMATE RED ZONE THREAT.
ALL OUR RECIEVERS ARE COMPLEMENT RECIEVERS.
WE NEED A LEGITAMATE NO. 1

WE HAD THIS SAN FRAN GAME.
OUR DEFENCE KEPT US IN IT AND THE OFFENSE HAS LET US DOWN.
THERE WERE A FEW BAD PENALTIES AND MANY DROPS.

4 LOSSES

CHICAGO -
OFFENSE FUMBLED WHILE TRYING TO RUN OUT THE CLOCK
BUFFALO -

DROP IN THE ENDZONE FOR GOAHEAD TD
NEW ENGLAND - OFFENSE AND DEFENSE -
GOT OUR ASS HANDED TO US
SAN FRAN - OFFENSE - DROPS

I WAS IN SEATTLE FOR THAT GAME.
I WAS SO PROUD AFTER THAT GAME.

Big C
11-06-2006, 02:04 AM
At least he is contributing more than Ryan Cook.

He still is a big disspointment this year though. BJ is having trouble making more than one read.

Time to bring on the Seven-Eleven (Tavaris to Carter) ;D.

grpape
11-06-2006, 02:08 AM
Mr. Anderson,
I will give you the fact that TWill is dropping the balls. BUT PLEASE get off of the Moss trade. It is done! Let it go!

cogitans
11-06-2006, 06:21 AM
"PridePiper" wrote:

The score was 9 to 3!

I agree that he played a good game. But the fact remains that he did miss a couple of tackles, and the way he puts his head down he's going to break his neck at some point.

singersp
11-06-2006, 06:48 AM
"cogitans" wrote:

"PridePiper" wrote:

The score was 9 to 3!

I agree that he played a good game. But the fact remains that he did miss a couple of tackles, and the way he puts his head down he's going to break his neck at some point.

Are you saying those were the only two missed tackles in the game? There were several missed tackles this week & a lot more last week made by other players on the team, yet the only one mentioned is Fred Smoot. It never ceases to amaze me.

Now let's get back to the subject of T-will, who this thread is about.

Freya
11-06-2006, 07:12 AM
T-Will needs lots of repetition. Run the route, catch the ball.....over and over. No chest catches. Hands. Hands only. Breaks from this will be spent playing foosball or ping pong. Hand/eye games only. Also, have his depth perception checked. Then sleep and repeat.

singersp
11-06-2006, 07:24 AM
"Freya" wrote:

T-Will needs lots of repetition. Run the route, catch the ball.....over and over. No chest catches. Hands. Hands only. Breaks from this will be spent playing foosball or ping pong. Hand/eye games only. Also, have his depth perception checked. Then sleep and repeat.

Q: Troy Williamson has had trouble with a couple of deep passes this year. What is your sense of what is going on there?

A: First of all, his eyes have been checked and he's 20-20. They have the visual acuity with your peripheral vision. He was checked at the combine with all that kind of thing. I think one of the toughest adjustments in sports is to adjust to a football that's thrown back over your head going full speed and then being able to locate down the field. Obviously, at the professional level you need to be able to make that adjustment and he's demonstrated some problems with that. I thought it was a very good throw and I would have liked to seen him adjust to the football obviously.

http://www.vikings.com/news_detail_objectname_ChildressPC103106.html

singersp
11-06-2006, 07:44 AM
Vikings: Hands of stone vex Williamson (http://www.startribune.com/510/story/790009.html)

The receiver had so much potential the Vikings made him the seventh overall pick in 2005. But he dropped two more passes Sunday.

Judd Zulgad, Star Tribune
Last update: November 05, 2006 – 10:14 PM

singersp
11-06-2006, 08:07 AM
Drops dog Williamson as Vikings held without TD (http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/sports/15939449.htm)

Posted on Sun, Nov. 05, 2006

By Judd Zulgad
McClatchy Newspapers

Zeus
11-06-2006, 08:20 AM
I am not going to read 11 pages to see what this is all about, that's for sure.

But Williamson was not the only one who dropped passes yesterday.
Bethel Johnson also showed hands of stone a couple times.

What annoys me the most is we HAD receivers with good hands in camp - Hosack, for one, Hoag for another - who were cut to keep the likes of Williamson and McMullen.
All the "play-making" skills don't matter a whit if you can't catch the ball.

=Z=
VOTE TOMORROW.

cogitans
11-06-2006, 08:29 AM
"singersp" wrote:

"cogitans" wrote:

"PridePiper" wrote:

The score was 9 to 3!

Are you saying those were the only two missed tackles in the game? There were several missed tackles this week & a lot more last week made by other players on the team, yet the only one mentioned is Fred Smoot. It never ceases to amaze me.

Now let's get back to the subject of T-will, who this thread is about.

I'm sorry but I just tried to point out a fact.
Actually I don't even want to get into the Smoot stinks campaign, and I think he played a good game, as well as he did last week.

And I also agree it's a side step. Let's keep the thread on Troy.

Purple Herring
11-06-2006, 08:33 AM
Clearly Troy is not a number one receiver, and it's probably putting too much pressure on him trying to treat him as such.

The offense is going backwards at the moment. Brad Johnson and Troy Williamson don't pick the team or call the plays. Or sign the wide receivers, for that matter.

Purple Floyd
11-06-2006, 08:41 AM
He fumbles on kickoff returns and drops easy passes. He does not deserve to wear and NFL uniform.

Can we trade him to the CFL for something other than Onterrio or Rickey Williams?

Freya
11-06-2006, 08:57 AM
"singersp" wrote:

"Freya" wrote:

Q: Troy Williamson has had trouble with a couple of deep passes this year. What is your sense of what is going on there?

A: First of all, his eyes have been checked and he's 20-20. They have the visual acuity with your peripheral vision. He was checked at the combine with all that kind of thing. I think one of the toughest adjustments in sports is to adjust to a football that's thrown back over your head going full speed and then being able to locate down the field. Obviously, at the professional level you need to be able to make that adjustment and he's demonstrated some problems with that. I thought it was a very good throw and I would have liked to seen him adjust to the football obviously.

Yes, I saw that, Singer.

20/20 is only
the visual accuity at 20 feet. Peripheral vision is not depth perception. "All that kind of thing" is a bit cagey.
I have a daughter who has a congenital eye issue. As a result, she has zero depth perception. None. She sees in 2-D. You wouldn't know it though. As a result she is the best dart thrower in the family BY FAR but she cannot catch a ball with any amount of consistancy. If he was checked, perhaps a re-check is in order just to be sure.

AS for the rest of the statement........1 1/2 years into the NFL should equal results by now where adjustments are concerned. The fact that such results are not seen as of yet, imo, means T-Will is simply a "not ready for prime time player".

I still believe that T-Will can get this, baring any visual impairments and It seems logical to me that the only road to get there is EXERCEO AD NAUSEAM. ;D That is the only real cure for coordination issues, fear of the hit, lack of concentration and and whatever else might ail him.

singersp
11-06-2006, 08:59 AM
"UffDaVikes" wrote:

He fumbles on kickoff returns ............

You make that sound like it's a frequent occurrence. I recall him fumbling only one on the season opener.

Was there more than one that you saw?

If there was, I don't recall it.

If there wasn't, don't make it sound worse than it is.

Mr. Purple
11-06-2006, 09:08 AM
I'm not ready to throw in the towel on Williamson.Hes far to young and new to this game, and this system.Hopefully games like this will turn his career around.

jmmcgorman
11-06-2006, 09:09 AM
I started a thread last week that said Troy Williamson First Round Flop?
Or a Victim?

Looks like my question has been answered.

Put Marcus in as Starter when he's healthy and get two new receivers.
HA

davike
11-06-2006, 09:50 AM
i don't know what to think about williamson right now. or which "what is up with williamson" thread to post this is :D. i still think he could be developed into a good reciever, but mabe he just needs a break. maybe warm that bench a week or 2 to motivate him and give him some time to realize that either he starts catching balls or its the bench for him. almost every game he consistently dropps important balls and that is not exceptible, i know i wouldn't do anything in his position, but this is a NFL receiver getting paid millions of dollars to catch a ball and he can't even get that right. mabe letting him see very limited action for a couple weeks would bring him back to reality.

jmmcgorman
11-06-2006, 09:57 AM
Thats the smartest thing i have heard all day.

If you will pull Brad Johnson for turnovers, and if your o-lineman can block anyone, you pull them, warm the bench till you can prove yourself.

Put marcus in at starter, as for 2nd and 3rd receiver that is a mystery, and if troy gets playing time, sub him in at either those 2nd or 3rd slots for one or two plays, if he gets a catch, start subbing him in gradually more and more, if not, stick with it.

I was reading in Pioneer Press this morning that they won't change anything with him.
Is this how we reward failure?
Just chalk it off to inexperience?
That's ludacris.

Sit him down.

digital420
11-06-2006, 09:57 AM
like the commercial says.

Amatures practice until they get it right.

Pros practice until they can't get it wrong

go practice T.will!! a LOT

DiGiTaL

JDogg926
11-06-2006, 10:00 AM
Bench him.

Enough said.

snowinapril
11-06-2006, 10:04 AM
It is not just TW, it is TT and Bethel.
It is a compounding problem.

Shit, Bethel even showed his true hands yesterday.
A Pats fan was on here and said Bethel's hands were suspect.
We have a ton of WRs on this team that don't understand the fundamentals of getting open and CATCHING the ball.
Heck, with hand s like Troy's, he isn't pulling a KJ (throw me the damn ball), he is saying to himself, "don't throw me the damn ball!
Please don't throw me the damn ball.
Pretty please don't throw me the damn ball."

It is not just a skill based on Speed and Running.
It is an art.
The art of getting open so you are in the position to catch the ball.
The good WRs treat the route running as a science. It is precise everytime.
Set the DB up, break, turn and find the ball, look the ball into your hands, catch the damn ball.

Purple Floyd
11-06-2006, 10:12 AM
"singersp" wrote:

"UffDaVikes" wrote:

You make that sound like it's a frequent occurrence. I recall him fumbling only one on the season opener.

If there was, I don't recall it.

If there wasn't, don't make it sound worse than it is.

It may be that he only did it once, but it is part of a trend of not taking care of the football and that is a concern to me. He was the number 7 pick in the draft and he is not giving us a return on our investment. He drops the ball when it is put in his hands and there is no way to sugar coat that. If he was a late round pick then I would say we could take more time to develop him and his salary would allow us to be more flexible, but a number 7 pick should be able to do his job after 24 games. If he can't by this point either he is a failure or the people who are coaching him are failing him.

jmmcgorman
11-06-2006, 10:18 AM
TT gets very scared, and when he even gets grazed by a defender he then coughs up the ball and then does it again.
I don't even know what to think of Bethel Johnson yet, he can get open, but guess what?
Can't catch the freakin ball.
YEAH!

davike
11-06-2006, 10:22 AM
"snowinapril" wrote:

pooh, Bethel even showed his true hands yesterday.
We have a ton of WRs on this team that don't understand the fundamentals of getting open and CATCHING the ball.
Heck, with hand s like Troy's, he isn't pulling a KJ (throw me the gol 'darnit ball), he is saying to himself, "don't throw me the gol 'darnit ball!
Please don't throw me the gol 'darnit ball.
Pretty please don't throw me the gol 'darnit ball."

It is an art.
Set the DB up, break, turn and find the ball, look the ball into your hands, catch the gol 'darnit ball.

i say snowinapril for the vikings new vikings WR coach!! :D ;)

snowinapril
11-06-2006, 10:28 AM
"davike" wrote:

"snowinapril" wrote:

Heck, with hand s like Troy's, he isn't pulling a KJ (throw me the gol 'darnit ball), he is saying to himself, "don't throw me the gol 'darnit ball!

It is an art.
Set the DB up, break, turn and find the ball, look the ball into your hands, catch the gol 'darnit ball.

Thank you!

If only I knew what the hell I was talking about.
I would be just like Troy, faking it until making it.
LOL

These young guys don't get it and they don't want to put in the time and work.

I will say this, hasn't been mentioned in a while.
Troy did have some off season medical down time with his childhood burns.
He had to go in and regraft (skin graft) the wound.
He probably wasn't mobile for a while.
I know, I am making excuses for the guy.

stateVIKE44
11-06-2006, 10:47 AM
After watching T-Will's reaction to his dropped pass yesterday, I am truly hoping that in his own mind that was the last straw. I hope he now realizes what some of his drops have meant to the team and from his reaction yesterday i'm thinking he won't want to feel those feelings any more! I don't know what kind of work ethic he has, or what kind of extra hours he puts in, but I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and say that he will be putting in a LOT of work to get ready for the packers!

davike
11-06-2006, 11:03 AM
"snowinapril" wrote:

"davike" wrote:

"snowinapril" wrote:

It is an art.

Thank you!

If only I knew what the hell I was talking about.
I would be just like Troy, faking it until making it.
LOL

These young guys don't get it and they don't want to put in the time and work.

I will say this, hasn't been mentioned in a while.
Troy did have some off season medical down time with his childhood burns.
He had to go in and regraft (skin graft) the wound.
He probably wasn't mobile for a while.
I know, I am making excuses for the guy.

ha i doubt it you could do much worse then our current WR coach(forgot his name) and also all good fans make excuses for their teams players....but every once in a while we snap back to reality :D

Prophet
11-06-2006, 11:10 AM
"Freya" wrote:

"singersp" wrote:

"Freya" wrote:

Yes, I saw that, Singer.

20/20 is only
the visual accuity at 20 feet. Peripheral vision is not depth perception. "All that kind of thing" is a bit cagey.
I have a daughter who has a congenital eye issue. As a result, she has zero depth perception. None. She sees in 2-D. You wouldn't know it though. As a result she is the best dart thrower in the family BY FAR but she cannot catch a ball with any amount of consistancy. If he was checked, perhaps a re-check is in order just to be sure.

AS for the rest of the statement........1 1/2 years into the NFL should equal results by now where adjustments are concerned. The fact that such results are not seen as of yet, imo, means T-Will is simply a "not ready for prime time player".

I still believe that T-Will can get this, baring any visual impairments and It seems logical to me that the only road to get there is EXERCEO AD NAUSEAM. ;D That is the only real cure for coordination issues, fear of the hit, lack of concentration and and whatever else might ail him.

Freya, you need to drive to Winter Park today and conduct the test yourself.
If his vision is ok then take him into your lab for further testing.

Zeus
11-06-2006, 11:30 AM
"singersp" wrote:

"UffDaVikes" wrote:

Didn't he fumble the kick-off in the Raiders pre-season game, as well?

=Z=
VOTE TOMORROW.

Redmption
11-06-2006, 11:43 AM
Everyone needs to remember that its widely know it takes a receiver 3 years to get into full swing of the NFL. It seems like everyone is spoiled here because Williamson was Moss' replacement and Moss was an unchartable stud his rookie season. I am not giving Williamson a pass on his drops, because he would probably drop that too, but saying we should cut him after two seasons, when he is coming into a new offense and becoming a full time starter in just his second year is insane, and thats why you arent a coach in the NFL. What Troy and this team needs to do is put him infront of a ball machine and catch 200 passes a day in practice like Torry Holt. Troy knows and Viking fans know he need to pickup his game, but he is still young and very much full of potential. I seem to remember that Koren Robinson and Darryl Jackson had problems in Seattle with drops their first few seasons. Jackson is a stud now and Robinson was until he became a drunken idiot... Its a bigger risk to cut someone like Troy and give another team the opportunity to pickup a potentially huge playmaker because there are so many impatient people out there expecting him to be the stud of all studs after only playing in a handful of games.

tb04512
11-06-2006, 11:49 AM
agreed i think there is too much pressure on him.. reduce his role take some pressure off and let him work into this team not make him the #1 reciever right away

kramer9guy
11-06-2006, 11:49 AM
"HornedHat" wrote:

Also I'm wondering where all the BJ lovers are, what happened?

I still love a good BJ. Brad Johnson? I love him for his career, but I'm over him for this year. I don't wanna see T-Jack, because I want him ready next year, not messed up this year, but I see no reason he can't play a series or two. Just don't put that load on him yet. Let Brooks do it. The O sux anyway. This isn't our year. Let's not screw next year.

I don't know if I would consider myself a "BJ lover", but I still support him as much as ever (especially considering our other options at QB this point in this season) and here I am.

Even though our offense is struggling to a certain degree, to blame it all on Brad Johnson is laughable. The blame can be spread across the board. We probably would have won yesterdays game if we had receivers who could catch balls on a consistant level (ie. Williamson...I'm giving Bethel some more time...Williamson has been given many many chances...plus even if Bethel would have caught that long ball, it would have been called back on a penalty...see McKinnie below). We would have had the lead if Travis Taylor's illegal blocking penalty hadn't nullified Chester Taylor's 65-yard touchdown reception. We might have more success if we had less O-line penalties throughout the games (ie. Marcus Johnson and others and their holding calls and other things like McKinnie's tripping call yesterday). I could go on and on. We need to take care of the little things and then I believe we'll see more success. If our WR's catch the damn ball on a more consistant level and we see less stupid offensive penalties I think we will see more W's. Simple.

davike
11-06-2006, 11:57 AM
"Redmption" wrote:

Everyone needs to remember that its widely know it takes a receiver 3 years to get into full swing of the NFL. It seems like everyone is spoiled here because Williamson was Moss' replacement and Moss was an unchartable stud his rookie season. I am not giving Williamson a pass on his drops, because he would probably drop that too, but saying we should cut him after two seasons, when he is coming into a new offense and becoming a full time starter in just his second year is insane, and thats why you arent a coach in the NFL. What Troy and this team needs to do is put him infront of a ball machine and catch 200 passes a day in practice like Torry Holt. Troy knows and Viking fans know he need to pickup his game, but he is still young and very much full of potential. I seem to remember that Koren Robinson and Darryl Jackson had problems in Seattle with drops their first few seasons. Jackson is a stud now and Robinson was until he became a drunken idiot... Its a bigger risk to cut someone like Troy and give another team the opportunity to pickup a potentially huge playmaker because there are so many impatient people out there expecting him to be the stud of all studs after only playing in a handful of games.

yeah you are right. but there is no excuse not to have made that third down catch yesterday. he should develop into a successfull reciever but we need production from some of our recievers NOW, not saying it should be williamson (it would be nice though) but anyone. i still support the idea of giving him limited action to give him some time to think like i said in my post above.

Gift
11-06-2006, 12:04 PM
"Redmption" wrote:

I doesn't take 3 years in the NFL to learn how to run & catch a slant when you are wide open.
You should have been tought that in middle school.
Stop making excuses for that level of suck.

davike
11-06-2006, 12:07 PM
"Gift" wrote:

"Redmption" wrote:

I doesn't take 3 years in the NFL to learn how to run & catch a slant when you are wide open.

it doesn't take 3 years for them to learn to run and catch a slant when
your wide open....thats right. but it takes the a few years to mature and that is very important....they don't make rookie mistakes when they are mature. but still williamson should be catching alot of balls that he dropped

ChezPizmo
11-06-2006, 12:20 PM
"singersp" wrote:

You mean to tell me no one is blaming Smoot for this one?

LMAO!!
;D ;D ;D

Garland Greene
11-06-2006, 12:42 PM
"davike" wrote:

"Gift" wrote:

"Redmption" wrote:

your wide open....thats right. but it takes the a few years to mature and that is very important....they don't make rookie mistakes when they are mature. but still williamson should be catching alot of balls that he dropped

You are right it does take 2-3 years to develop at certain positions, But what the issue is, him being able to catch a simple ball which is fundamentals, it has nothing to do with learning a new offense. You do not catch a ball different in a new offense, the calls will be different but the patterns are still the same in the basic sense. I am not compairing Williamson, to Moss that is unfair, and there is nnot alot of WR in the NFL that you can anyways. But whgen a player consistaly drops a ball that he should catch, that is a problem

SKOL
11-06-2006, 12:55 PM
I know I've said this before but Williamson's problem continues to be that he doesn't use his hands.
Every ball that's thrown to him he tries to cradle between his arms and his body.
Even balls that he has to reach for he tries to pull it in with his forearms.

Cris Carter used his hands for every ball that was thrown to him, even if it was coming into his chest.
Williamson seriously needs some lessons from Carter.

cajunvike
11-06-2006, 12:58 PM
"SKOL" wrote:

I know I've said this before but Williamson's problem continues to be that he doesn't use his hands.
Every ball that's thrown to him he tries to cradle it between his arms and his body.

Cris Carter used his hands for every ball that was thrown to him, even if it was coming into his chest.

Add $1 to my ticket and everyone else's and let's make it happen!!!
LOL

BUT seriously, Cris helped Randy...he should be able to do the same for TWill !!!

Zeus
11-06-2006, 01:23 PM
"stateVIKE44" wrote:

After watching T-Will's reaction to his dropped pass yesterday, I am truly hoping that in his own mind that was the last straw.

His mind isn't the problem.
It's these.

http://static.flickr.com/34/73202930_bc13ce15f9_m.jpg

=Z=
VOTE TOMORROW.

V4L
11-06-2006, 01:29 PM
I don't like hearing people say cut him.. That would be stupid..

But he needs to be the 3rd or 4th WR right now..

All the Seahawk fans were frustrated with D-Jack dropping soooooo many passes.. Let him develop.. And in about 3 years he is a pro bowl caliber WR..

Troy barley played last year.. And this year is thrown into the number 1 spot and expected to be a stud.. Yes he should be catching alot of these balls.. But it's life.. Get used to it.. He isn't going anywhere.. He will fix up this problem after awhile.. But he is raw like we thought he would be.. Hense the reason he was maybe supposed to be a 2nd round draft choice..

Throwing in the towel with T-willy would be silly :)

One Love

VikingsExpress
11-06-2006, 01:40 PM
I Agree, somehow someway it has to be Fred Smoots fault they lost this game.
I remember deion branch being available at some point earlier this season...not sure what was wrong with him. We have to keep T-Will though.
He will come around.

SKOL
11-06-2006, 01:48 PM
"AWZeus" wrote:

"stateVIKE44" wrote:

After watching T-Will's reaction to his dropped pass yesterday, I am truly hoping that in his own mind that was the last straw.

It's these.

=Z=
VOTE TOMORROW.

I would agree with you only IF he used his hands, which he doesn't.

V4L
11-06-2006, 01:50 PM
"VikingsExpress" wrote:

I Agree, somehow someway it has to be Fred Smoots fault they lost this game.
I remember deion branch being available at some point earlier this season...not sure what was wrong with him. We have to keep T-Will though.
He will come around.

I think alittle of it has to do with Chilldress sticking to what he has and does..

Mostly though we didn't want to give up a first and pay his salary that he wants

One Love

Vikes
11-06-2006, 02:16 PM
Tory is fine. We will get this nipped in the butt and get back to winning.

"MEN WE STAY THE COURSE"

MightyVikes12391
11-06-2006, 02:23 PM
all i can say is put troy on punt returns or cb and Jeff Samardzija

ejmat
11-06-2006, 02:30 PM
I'm not understanding how anyone is saying Troy is fine.
He drops at least one pass every game.
Yesterdays were rediculous.
The guy has problems with his hand-eye coordination and quite frankly it's tormenting me personally.
I can't believe he dropped that 3rd down pass yesterday.
My patience on him is wearing thin I'm sorry to say.

ultravikingfan
11-06-2006, 05:30 PM
"Vikes" wrote:

"MEN WE STAY THE COURSE"

We got Tory Holt!
Nice!
:D

Gift
11-06-2006, 05:42 PM
"Vikes" wrote:

"MEN WE STAY THE COURSE"

Troy Williamson is by far the very worst reciever I've ever seen play in the NFL.
I hope they can work out that kink.

Potential is fiction, nothing more.

PatWilliamsBelly
11-06-2006, 05:52 PM
Who is the bigger bust in the top 10 of that draft?
Williamson or Charles Rogers?

I watch a lot of Vikes games and I can't believe the amount of passes Troy drops.
Good pickup grabbing Bethel though.
He does everything Troy tries to do.

Mr Anderson
11-06-2006, 05:54 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:

"SKOL" wrote:

Every ball that's thrown to him he tries to cradle it between his arms and his body.

Add $1 to my ticket and everyone else's and let's make it happen!!!
LOL

BUT seriously, Cris helped Randy...he should be able to do the same for TWill !!!

Moss and Troy are completely different, all they have is similar speed, but still that isnt even that close, Moss is impressively faster than Troy. Troy doesn't have the hands, ups, speed, agility, overall athleticism, awareness, or enthusiasm Randy Moss had as a rookie, and Troy isn't a rookie. There is no comparison between the two.

But yeah, he should be able to help Troy, if he even wants to.

"THEBIGDADDY" wrote:

"davike" wrote:

"Gift" wrote:

"Redmption" wrote:

You are right it does take 2-3 years to develop at certain positions, But what the issue is, him being able to catch a simple ball which is fundamentals, it has nothing to do with learning a new offense. You do not catch a ball different in a new offense, the calls will be different but the patterns are still the same in the basic sense. I am not compairing Williamson, to Moss that is unfair, and there is nnot alot of WR in the NFL that you can anyways. But whgen a player consistaly drops a ball that he should catch, that is a problem

That isn't even fundamentals, that is simple hand eye coordination. I have never played wide receiver in a real football situation, Im a LFL(Lineman for life), but I would have caught that ball, because I am not completely retarded.

Maybe he needs glasses, he'll look like Kareem Abdul-Jabbar out there.

Prophet
11-06-2006, 05:55 PM
"PatWilliamsBelly" wrote:

Who is the bigger bust in the top 10 of that draft?
Williamson or Charles Rogers?

I watch a lot of Vikes games and I can't believe the amount of passes Troy drops.
Good pickup grabbing Bethel though.
He does everything Troy tries to do.

Neither of them has done anything in their career.
Bethel is quick and they both dropped an easy and key pass yesterday.
Both have an uphill climb to make it.

Bdubya
11-06-2006, 05:56 PM
"MightyVikes12391" wrote:

all i can say is put troy on punt returns or cb and Jeff Samardzija

Noooo!
No Samardzija!!!!!
I know he is a good player, but I just don't want to watch him on the Vikings.
He's so cocky, he looks like a girl, I'm pretty sure he has a tramp stamp and he might want to play baseball instead.

But I guess we could use the talent.. :-

UndisputedVike
11-06-2006, 05:58 PM
Well based on the 2007 WR FA list, a few of those WR seem very tempting, Drew Bennett for instance, very underrated WR and he's 6'5. It's still possible to get Jerry Porter, I know he has issues but at this point we need someone, we will probably lose Travis Taylor to free agency, Marcus Robinson is getting older he might hang it up and Williamson is showing no promise unless maybe he were to enter a hot potato competition.

A few others I see that catch my eye are Patrick Crayton and Ernest Wilford, 2 big WR's and pretty good ones as well. This all of course if we don't draft a WR, I doubt we will but we need a WR badly.

MensaTice
11-06-2006, 06:03 PM
I know this will get lost in this long thread but what the hell.

Troy is terrible.
By definition of being a receiver, his most fundamental objective is to receive passes.
He can't do that.
He isn't in a slump.
He isn't put in bad positions to make catches.
He flat out can't catch.
This puts him among the worst receivers in the history of the NFL.
We need to accept the loss of a wasted top ten pick and send him packing.

I would pay money to be able to show up at Winter Park and tell him myself to pack his F'in bags and never come back.

And we don't need that big stiff from notre dame.
If we're thinking of drafting a WR we need to get in position somehow to get Ginn JR or Calvin Johnson

Mr Anderson
11-06-2006, 06:07 PM
I say we lose out, go 4-12. Then we draft Calvin Johnson, and trade a 2008 draft pick and Twill to the Raiders for Randy Moss. Then we'll have a sick nasty WR combo.

Then we'll start TJack, and force Brad into a retirement home.

Then we'll hire Mike Tice as offensive coordinator.

Then we'll throw a boat party.

Then win the Super bowl.

just kidding of course, but Im sure some of you like the first part, I would sure as hell love that.

UndisputedVike
11-06-2006, 07:01 PM
I saw this and thought I would share.
;D

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e247/rerun1062/troywill.jpg

vike_mike
11-06-2006, 07:07 PM
Well that's it, I've had it with Troy.
I said this in Pre season and last week.
He doesn't run routes well, has no moves, and most of all can't catch even when wide open.
Why can't we hire Chris Carter to teach him how to catch.
Seriously, why can't we hire him to be a coach, and what is this saying about the current WR coach?
Cut our loses and start rebuilding on the WR front.

Tanner_QBRB8
11-06-2006, 07:15 PM
Troy is sucking but im not through with him i think that if he gets help from somebody like CC or somebody like that he will become better but like most things he need time and i do know that hes having a terrible year so far but its probaly just a sophmore slump i think he'll get better

singersp
11-06-2006, 08:04 PM
"SKOL" wrote:

Every ball that's thrown to him he tries to cradle between his arms and his body.

The question I have is, "Why aren't the coaches seeing that & working with him so he does catch with his hands?" What exactly is the receiver coach doing? Is he making our receivers worse with his coaching?

Even Travis Taylor who had some of the best hands in our receiver department last year is dropping passes. WTF is going on?

stateVIKE44
11-06-2006, 08:11 PM
On the MNF Countdown they just showed all of the Seahawks receivers at the Fish Market catching a bunch of Halibut. I wonder if there is a place like that in Minnesota where T-Will can go and start working on those hands!?!

Prophet
11-06-2006, 08:23 PM
"MensaTice" wrote:

I know this will get lost in this long thread but what the hell.

Troy is terrible.
By definition of being a receiver, his most fundamental objective is to receive passes.
He can't do that.
He isn't in a slump.
He isn't put in bad positions to make catches.
He flat out can't catch.
This puts him among the worst receivers in the history of the NFL.
We need to accept the loss of a wasted top ten pick and send him packing.

I would pay money to be able to show up at Winter Park and tell him myself to pack his F'in bags and never come back.

And we don't need that big stiff from notre dame.
If we're thinking of drafting a WR we need to get in position somehow to get Ginn JR or Calvin Johnson

I'll subsidize your trip, you just have to film the interaction and post the video.

CCthebest
11-06-2006, 08:30 PM
Jeff Samardzija is awesome. Hes the type we need, good hands, good receiver AND he knows it. Whats wrong with that? TJ and he could hook up for 10 years and get us into a few playoffs.

Ltrey33
11-06-2006, 08:51 PM
"UndisputedVike" wrote:

;D

Haha...awesome.

darkflood
11-06-2006, 08:57 PM
"UndisputedVike" wrote:

;D

I'm confused. Isn't Williamson on defense and trying to stop the defenders from receiving the ball? Or something like that. :-*

Mr Anderson
11-06-2006, 09:10 PM
"CCthebest" wrote:

Jeff Samardzija is awesome. Hes the type we need, good hands, good receiver AND he knows it. Whats wrong with that? TJ and he could hook up for 10 years and get us into a few playoffs.

Samardzija is slow, and runs terrible routes, thats the problem.

He would never be able to play against NFL competition the way he does college corners.

PLUS

Notre Dame never plays anyone good, so their whol team is overrated to beging with.

CCthebest
11-06-2006, 09:13 PM
Hes not slow, hes average speed. He has better hands then most and can leap. And he might be around for our pick.

Zeus
11-06-2006, 09:35 PM
"SKOL" wrote:

"AWZeus" wrote:

"stateVIKE44" wrote:

It's these.

=Z=
VOTE TOMORROW.

I would agree with you only IF he used his hands, which he doesn't.

What?
That was perfect TWill.
Hands are made of stone and they're right next to the body instead of out in front of him.

=Z=

Zeus
11-06-2006, 09:37 PM
"singersp" wrote:

Even Travis Taylor who had some of the best hands in our receiver department last year is dropping passes. WTF is going on?

If you ask Cajun, I'm sure he'd tell you that the refs are slicking up the balls which our offense is using.

=Z=

darkflood
11-06-2006, 09:42 PM
ONLY if it's the ref's from the Pats game, Cajun might be on to something. Conspiracy theory anyone?

Vikings2102
11-06-2006, 09:58 PM
Let's stop talking about what we should do next year and see what we can do for this year.
Like a guy who kicked ass in Pre-Season and all he wanted to do is make the team, even if it meant a Special Teams player.
That person is Jason Carter the new #11.
He has been up and down all year on the team and no one has given him a chance.
If Williamson (waste of a 7th pick) is not going to catch, then put in a guy who wants a chance.
If he sucks, then mock me.
Hell, all he as to do is catch 1 ball, that would be 1 more than Williamson!!

Prophet
11-06-2006, 10:05 PM
"Vikings2102" wrote:

Let's stop talking about what we should do next year and see what we can do for this year.
Like a guy who kicked jiggly butt in Pre-Season and all he wanted to do is make the team, even if it meant a Special Teams player.
That person is Jason Carter the new #11.
He has been up and down all year on the team and no one has given him a chance.
If Williamson (waste of a 7th pick) is not going to catch, then put in a guy who wants a chance.
If he sucks, then mock me.
Hell, all he as to do is catch 1 ball, that would be 1 more than Williamson!!

Putting in a rookie WR is orders of magnitude more reasonable than putting in a rookie QB from a small school.....even if he was put on waivers last week, cleared waivers and was resigned to the practice squad.
I wouldn't mind seeing Carter in the lineup, it wouldn't take much for hiim to shine in our receiving corps.

CCthebest
11-06-2006, 10:10 PM
So last week playing Carter was a numbnut idea but this week its a good one?

PurplePeopleEaters
11-06-2006, 10:11 PM
The future of our team is in Drew Bennett. Underrated receiver from playing with sub par quarterbacks (aging mcnair, volek, young etc.) I would really love to see us pick him up and draft a receiver. Travis can go... he's lost his job this year. Troy and Marcus need to switch in and out of the slot with whatever rookie we would get.

Now everyone needs to remember something- I know a certain receiver who had huge problems catching the ball and still does. Terrell Owens, widely considered one of the best in the game. What does T.O do that troy doesn't? nothing really, he just commands lots of respect and makes that spectacular catch every once in a while. If troy can do that will people consider him as good as TO? That's for you guys to decide.

Prophet
11-06-2006, 10:16 PM
"CCthebest" wrote:

So last week playing Carter was a numbnut idea but this week its a good one?

You still are having a difficult time understanding the context.
That post was explained to you by at least a couple of people and you still don't get it?
It was a subtle slam and joke on a friend, Del Rio, you were just in the middle of it.

Also, if you read my post I said something like Carter, the guy who was on the active roster last week, cut, cleared waivers (meaning not one of the other 31 teams were interested) and added back to the practice squad.
Is it a great deal?
Hell no.
Is it pathetic that we're grasping at straws and have a bunch of #3 WRs?
Yes.
Will Carter pan out and do well?
I don't know.

Twinkings83
11-06-2006, 10:16 PM
Troy has definelty let me down... I have been a Troy apoligist since he was drafted...I have only one hope for this kid, Get your head right!! It definetly seems like his problem is mental.. He has the ability to get open, and on that last drop to get the 1st down he allready turned his head looking up field.. You could tell how pissed he was when he dropped that pass, he banged the ground knowing he should have had that.. This kid needs to catch a few clutch passes to loosen him up and start having fun out there.. You can tell he is frustrated and very well should be as a #7 over all pick.. I'll give him the rest of the season untill i throw him to the sharks.. I can understand everyone saying cut him, but thats just not logical right now.. I hope T-will can prove himself as an NFL wide out.. Not looking good so far..

MensaTice
11-06-2006, 10:38 PM
I love this site for the insightful football talk.

Williamson sucks.
Thats all i got

Prophet
11-06-2006, 10:40 PM
"MensaTice" wrote:

Williamson sucks.
Thats all i got

That's what I love about it too.
Now I know the rest of the story.

jmmcgorman
11-06-2006, 10:54 PM
"Gift" wrote:

Potential is fiction, nothing more.

Best Post I have seen all day.

jmmcgorman
11-06-2006, 11:00 PM
"Redmption" wrote:

I am tired of this three year rule for everyone to become a god in the NFL.

Randy Moss- first year 98- receiving yards- 1313 TD 17

second year 99- yards- 1413 td 11
Torry Hold- first year- 788 td 6

second- 1635 td 6
Chad Johnson- second year- 1166 yards td 5
Anquan Boldin- rookie year- 1377 yards td 8
Larry Fitzgerald- rookie- 780 td 8

second year- 1409 td 10
Koren Robinson- second year- 1240 yards

And don't reply back, what about Steve Smith, Steve was a frickin third round draft pick, it should have taken three years for steve, we are talking about our 7th overall pick.
Produce, or get moved down the totum poll.

I don't say cut him, but don't reward failure with a continuance in the 1st Receiver spot.

Downgrade, Pay Chris Carter, Teach, Mini-Camps, Torry Holt. . . Something.

Zeus
11-07-2006, 08:55 AM
"Acumen" wrote:

"MensaTice" wrote:

Williamson sucks.
Thats all i got

That's what I love about it too.
Now I know the rest of the story.

He doesn't suck.
He just can't catch the ball.
Time for coach to red-shirt him and convert him into a corner back.

=Z=

The Dropper
11-10-2006, 06:08 PM
Came across this little blurb from a Bill Simmons article. Funny stuff:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/061110

My daughter is 18 months old and I haven't come close to dropping her yet, or even nearly dropping her, even though I've been holding her and tripped over phone cords and dog tails and everything else you can imagine. I mean, I would never drop her. The parental instinct gives you super-powers -- it's hard to explain unless you're a parent, but somebody could shoot my kid out of one of those T-shirt cannons that they use for NBA games and I would catch her 100 times out of 100 even if you had me hogtied and wearing high heels.

Anyway, I was thinking about this because every time I watch a big Vikes game, Troy Williamson drops at least one huge pass. So why couldn't they hypnotize him to have the same instincts for a football that parents have for their children? Couldn't this work? I feel like this would definitely work. And honestly? I haven't been this excited about an idea since I was pushing for the networks to hire lip readers a few years ago. Have sports teams ever explored hypnosis before? I would also want the Celtics to hypnotize Tony Allen into realizing that he shouldn't dribble or shoot under any circumstances, not even in pregame warmups.

http://espn.go.com/photo/2006/1110/pg2_williamson_275.jpg
"Troy! The baby! Oh my god!"

cajunvike
11-10-2006, 06:32 PM
"The" wrote:

My daughter is 18 months old and I haven't come close to dropping her yet, or even nearly dropping her, even though I've been holding her and tripped over phone cords and dog tails and everything else you can imagine. I mean, I would never drop her. The parental instinct gives you super-powers -- it's hard to explain unless you're a parent, but somebody could shoot my kid out of one of those T-shirt cannons that they use for NBA games and I would catch her 100 times out of 100 even if you had me hogtied and wearing high heels.

Anyway, I was thinking about this because every time I watch a big Vikes game, Troy Williamson drops at least one huge pass. So why couldn't they hypnotize him to have the same instincts for a football that parents have for their children? Couldn't this work? I feel like this would definitely work. And honestly? I haven't been this excited about an idea since I was pushing for the networks to hire lip readers a few years ago. Have sports teams ever explored hypnosis before? I would also want the Celtics to hypnotize Tony Allen into realizing that he shouldn't dribble or shoot under any circumstances, not even in pregame warmups.

Maybe we should just get Troy a couple of baby mamas!

BTW, I HATE Bill Simmons...that F'n Bahston homer...I can't wait until ALL of the Bahston teams SUCK again!!!
;D

umaguma1979
11-10-2006, 07:12 PM
I guarantee you on the first drive of the Packers game, Childress scripted his plays to feature Troy.
When a receiver's confidence is down, the best thing a coach can do is go right back at that player .
If Troy does not respond in the Packers game, i'm afraid its the beginning of the end for Troy in MN.

The Dropper
11-10-2006, 08:20 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:

"The" wrote:

Maybe we should just get Troy a couple of baby mamas!

BTW, I HATE Bill Simmons...that F'n Bahston homer...I can't wait until ALL of the Bahston teams SUCK again!!!
;D

Yeah, he wouldn't know his brain from his jiggly butt when it comes to actually saying something of substance regarding football, but his articles generally are pretty entertaining.