PDA

View Full Version : Chuck Foreman at Walmart in Winona, MN - today (Sat.) 9AM 11/04/06

singersp
11-03-2006, 06:36 PM
So I walk into Walmart after work tonight to pick up some RV antifreeze. I was walking down the main aisle when a big man was coming at me the other way carrying a duffle bag. I swore it was Chuck Foreman & I was pretty positive it was.

I didn't want to stop & ask him, just in case I was mistaken, so I just passed on by. A little while later I bumped into my daughter VikingQueen & she asked, "Did you see Chuck Foreman?" Then I knew without a doubt it was indeed the former #44 Vikings superstar running back.

As I was headed to the checkout, I noticed they were setting up a table in the front of the store & then they announced that Chuck would be signing autographs for a charity fundraiser until 8:00 tonight. Children's Miracle Network, I believe.

(Edit: Chuck will be back tomorrow morning at 9AM)

So if you're in the Winona, MN neighborhood, stop in, say hi to Chuck & get an autograph.

I just went back home to drop a note on PP.O, pick up my camera & something for Chuck to sign & am headed back to Walmart.

BadlandsVikings
11-03-2006, 07:29 PM
"singersp" wrote:

So I walk into Walmart after work tonight to pick up some RV antifreeze. I was walking down the main aisle when a big man was coming at me the other way carrying a duffle bag. I swore it was Chuck Foreman & I was pretty positive it was.

I didn't want to stop & ask him, just in case I was mistaken, so I just passed on by. A little while later I bumped into my daughter VikingQueen & she asked, "Did you see Chuck Foreman?" Then I knew without a doubt it was indeed the former #44 Vikings superstar running back.

As I was headed to the checkout, I noticed they were setting up a table in the front of the store & then they announced that Chuck would be signing autographs for a charity fundraiser until 8:00 tonight. Children's Miracle Network, I believe.

So if you're in the Winona, MN neighborhood, stop in, say hi to Chuck & get an autograph.

I just went back home to drop a note on PP.O, pick up my camera & something for Chuck to sign & am headed back to Walmart.

Boycott Wal Mart
;D

Purple Floyd
11-03-2006, 07:39 PM
That would be fun, But I am still holding out for Tommy Kramer to show up at Mettlers in Mankato. When that happens i will be there early and maybe even send a lap dance his way ;D

singersp
11-03-2006, 08:08 PM
When I got back to Walmart, Chuck was already gone, but his table was still set up.

I asked the manager at the customer service desk & he said Chuck will be there again at 9AM tomorrow morning (Saturday). I believe the first announcement I heard was either incorrect or he left early for one reason or another.

But I will be back there tomorrow morning for sure.

MetalMike-LoudVike
11-03-2006, 09:00 PM
aww damn Chuck Formen that dont make running backs like that guy anymore. I want to find a Throwback jersey of his for my Mom for christmas or her birthday. she used to have 1 and she would wear it every monday when she went to school.

something like that is worth its weight in gold

MMLV

singersp
11-04-2006, 11:43 AM
(Note: I edited the thread title to make it present day)

Just got back from Walmart with a few pics & a few autographed items. Chuck is a top-notch guy & does alot of these charity events for worthwhile causes.

A true super-star on & off the field.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/singersp82759/CF3.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/singersp82759/CF1.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/singersp82759/CF4.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/singersp82759/2CF.jpg

Prophet
11-04-2006, 04:32 PM
Nice pics, I still have the SI with him on the cover somewhere.

Viking_Queen
11-04-2006, 06:23 PM
Man when I walked into Wal Mrt yesterday the first thing I saw was him not a second thought went through my mind bumped my b/f and said HEY that's Chuck Foreman I just knew it my b/f was like who being a Packer fan I understand that he had no idea who a Great NFL player is lol. The funny thing is I was gonna call my dad and say haha guess who I just seen then low and behold there he was right behind me. I was lucky enough to catch Chuck last time he as in Winona. He was such a nice guy and admire him for all the charity work he does!!!