PDA

View Full Version : Vikings look forward to 49ers



singersp
11-02-2006, 08:55 PM
Vikings look forward to 49ers, forgetting about Patriots (http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/news/state/minnesota/15914465.htm)

Posted on Thu, Nov. 02, 2006

Associated Press

JellyBean2144
11-02-2006, 09:01 PM
That is the best thing to do, put it all behind you. This is a new week. New team. And new tasks at hand. That New England was last weeks news, move on.

singersp
11-02-2006, 09:01 PM
Vikings: Johnson tries to move on after Monday's fiasco (http://www.startribune.com/510/story/782322.html)

The Vikings quarterback picked the worst stage for his worst game this year, but is determined to stay confident.

Kevin Seifert, Star Tribune
Last update: November 01, 2006 – 11:05 PM

BadlandsVikings
11-02-2006, 09:04 PM
Good plan, if you dwell on the last game you'll choke.

IpartyWithSmoot
11-03-2006, 12:58 AM
What last game
???

All I can think about is Sunday.

Lets hope these players off the bench can step up and make some plays. I have confidence in our coaching so I think its totally possible.

Its always a bad Sunday to be a 49er but this just might be the worst Sunday ever for those losers. We have a lot to prove again and we are about to go do it.

VikesfaninWis
11-03-2006, 06:24 AM
"singersp" wrote:


Vikings: Johnson tries to move on after Monday's fiasco (http://www.startribune.com/510/story/782322.html)

The Vikings quarterback picked the worst stage for his worst game this year, but is determined to stay confident.

Kevin Seifert, Star Tribune
Last update: November 01, 2006 – 11:05 PM





I think Childress needs to rethink some things he said in that interview.. First off, he said it would take something drastic to put i
TJ, but he would consider putting in Bollinger to spark the offense.. Yeah, great spark.. He comes in and gets sacked 3 consecutive times.

TJ adds excitement to a game.. Remember how we all were when Culpepper got his chance? We were going to see a QB that could run for big yards, and he could throw long passes down field.. I see alot of that in Jackson.. I have no idea why to " Spark the offense" he would put in the same exact QB as BJ.. If he wants a spark, let TJ pick up the first down with his legs, then throw the 50 yard bomb for a score.. Now that is excitement..

singersp
11-03-2006, 06:40 AM
"VikesfaninWis" wrote:


"singersp" wrote:


Vikings: Johnson tries to move on after Monday's fiasco (http://www.startribune.com/510/story/782322.html)

The Vikings quarterback picked the worst stage for his worst game this year, but is determined to stay confident.

Kevin Seifert, Star Tribune
Last update: November 01, 2006 – 11:05 PM





I think Childress needs to rethink some things he said in that interview.. First off, he said it would take something drastic to put i
TJ, but he would consider putting in Bollinger to spark the offense.. Yeah, great spark.. He comes in and gets sacked 3 consecutive times.

TJ adds excitement to a game.. Remember how we all were when Culpepper got his chance? We were going to see a QB that could run for big yards, and he could throw long passes down field.. I see alot of that in Jackson.. I have no idea why to " Spark the offense" he would put in the same exact QB as BJ.. If he wants a spark, let TJ pick up the first down with his legs, then throw the 50 yard bomb for a score.. Now that is excitement..


I don't think you can pin the blame for all those sacks on Bollinger. After that he dis have a respectable game despite the pick.

His completion % was 66.7, he threw a nice strike for a gain of 50 yards & is averaging 8.4 yards per pass. (all three stats are higher than Brads)

I'm not saying to throw Bollinger in over Brad, but if Childress ends up making that call, I would be comfortable with that. At least until he showed otherwise.

Prophet
11-03-2006, 06:45 AM
Vikings-49ers Preview (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6125460)
Associated Press
3 Nov. 2006

=================================================

Hitstick/Napo will be sad.
His man-crush will be on the sidelines.

KFFL
49ers | V. Davis misses practice Thursday
Thu, 2 Nov 2006 19:38:26 -0800

Matt Maiocco, of the Santa Rosa Press Democrat, reports San Francisco 49ers TE Vernon Davis (leg) missed practice Thursday, Nov. 2, and will not play Week 9.

singersp
11-03-2006, 07:00 AM
FBN Vikings 49ers (http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061102/APS/611022133&cachetime=3&template=dateline)

By The Associated Press

November 02, 2006

singersp
11-03-2006, 07:02 AM
49ers' defense could be a tonic (http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/sports/football/15916075.htm)

Posted on Fri, Nov. 03, 2006

San Francisco ranks 31st in NFL defense

BY DON SEEHOLZER
Pioneer Press

singersp
11-03-2006, 07:36 AM
49ers vs. Vikings: Random thoughts (http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/2006/11/49ers-vikings-randomthoughts031106.html)

By Thomas Sorrell on November 3, 2006 12:22 AM

Prophet
11-03-2006, 08:10 AM
Vikes' Johnson owes debt to Niners' Turner, Nolan (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6131950)
Associated Press
2 Nov. 2006

This is the quote that has me concerned:


"We have to be able to adjust to any formation, and obviously we probably learned some things about that empty set," Minnesota coach Brad Childress said. "I wish I could tell you that we didn't know they were going to do that, but we had a pretty good idea."

2beersTommy
11-03-2006, 09:43 AM
and they still couldnt stop it..wtf
???

ChezPizmo
11-03-2006, 11:38 AM
"singersp" wrote:


49ers' defense could be a tonic (http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/sports/football/15916075.htm)

Posted on Fri, Nov. 03, 2006

San Francisco ranks 31st in NFL defense

BY DON SEEHOLZER
Pioneer Press


Now is their chance for that offense to blow up. Explode on the '9ers 'D' and it will build confidence in the team and the offense that only got 1 score on the board last week, even if knowing they are 31st.

VikingsExpress
11-03-2006, 11:45 AM
I think when we all looked at the schedule we all can say that if there was gonna be a loss this year it was going to be the patriots.
Now moving on to the niners it time to see there are some good teams making good plays on defense, or are the vikings just that bad.
They looked good against seattle.
So hopefully they will put the hurt on the niners.
That said i just traded for chester taylor in my fantasy league. GO VIKES!!!!

Prophet
11-03-2006, 12:07 PM
"2beersTommy" wrote:


and they still couldnt stop it..wtf
???


That is what has me worried.
I was surprised they weren't prepared for that attack because it doesn't take an expert to know that if you are going against the #1 D against the run you should maybe pass.
It scares me that they did prepare for that exact attack and looked like a bunch of peewee football players.
I sure hope it was just some relaxant put in the gatorade.

Desertvikingfan
11-03-2006, 12:19 PM
That is what has me worried.
I was surprised they weren't prepared for that attack because it doesn't take an expert to know that if you are going against the #1 D against the run you should maybe pass.
It scares me that they did prepare for that exact attack and looked like a bunch of peewee football players.
I sure hope it was just some relaxant put in the gatorade.
We don't really know that they specifically gameplanned to stop this passing attack first. Could be that they expected some of it but not in the doses they got it. They may have still gameplannned to stop the run and then got caught having to play a defense more than they were prepared to.
A guy can hope can't he??

Prophet
11-03-2006, 12:24 PM
"Desertvikingfan" wrote:



That is what has me worried.
I was surprised they weren't prepared for that attack because it doesn't take an expert to know that if you are going against the #1 D against the run you should maybe pass.
It scares me that they did prepare for that exact attack and looked like a bunch of peewee football players.
I sure hope it was just some relaxant put in the gatorade.
We don't really know that they specifically gameplanned to stop this passing attack first. Could be that they expected some of it but not in the doses they got it. They may have still gameplannned to stop the run and then got caught having to play a defense more than they were prepared to.
A guy can hope can't he??


That's all we've got.
We have to hope that is true, because according to Childress they weren't surprised and still got burnt.
Maybe he is just playing headgames.
Even if that is the case it is still frightening that they wouldn't have game planned for that scenario.

Desertvikingfan
11-03-2006, 01:06 PM
Quote
That is what has me worried.
I was surprised they weren't prepared for that attack because it doesn't take an expert to know that if you are going against the #1 D against the run you should maybe pass.
It scares me that they did prepare for that exact attack and looked like a bunch of peewee football players.
I sure hope it was just some relaxant put in the gatorade.
We don't really know that they specifically gameplanned to stop this passing attack first. Could be that they expected some of it but not in the doses they got it. They may have still gameplannned to stop the run and then got caught having to play a defense more than they were prepared to.
A guy can hope can't he??


That's all we've got.
We have to hope that is true, because according to Childress they weren't surprised and still got burnt.
Maybe he is just playing headgames.
Even if that is the case it is still frightening that they wouldn't have game planned for that scenario.
The upside is we don't have a team that can duplicate that realistically until the last game of the year. If we finish better than 9-7 (BIG IF) and go to the playoff how we play against the LAMBS may be a good indicator of how far the defense will have come.

FreakinVikingsBaby
11-03-2006, 01:37 PM
I hope we just massacre the 9'ers. I don't care how we do it. I just want a blowout. Who cares if they're not as interesting. I'm still so fuck*n pissed about monday i just wanna c murder on sun.

singersp
11-05-2006, 06:06 AM
Posted on Sun, Nov. 05, 2006

SPECIAL TEAMS (http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/sports/football/15924919.htm)

PREDICTION Vikings 30, 49ers 16

Sean Jensen's scouting report

singersp
11-05-2006, 06:29 AM
Vikings at 49ers (http://www.contracostatimes.com/mld/cctimes/sports/football/nfl/san_francisco_49ers/15935637.htm)

Posted on Sun, Nov. 05, 2006

cajunvike
11-05-2006, 10:41 AM
"singersp" wrote:


Vikings at 49ers (http://www.contracostatimes.com/mld/cctimes/sports/football/nfl/san_francisco_49ers/15935637.htm)

Posted on Sun, Nov. 05, 2006



Poor deluded Niner fans!
:D