PDA

View Full Version : Vikings KFFL tidbits (1 Nov. 2006) New signing & prospects.



Prophet
11-02-2006, 06:47 AM
Vikings | R. Williams works out for team
Wed, 1 Nov 2006 21:18:37 -0800

Free agent LB Renauld Williams (49ers) worked out for the Minnesota Vikings Monday, Oct. 30.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | Enzor works out for team
Wed, 1 Nov 2006 21:18:29 -0800

Free agent LB Jamar Enzor (Jets) worked out for the Minnesota Vikings Monday, Oct. 30.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | Strait works out for team
Wed, 1 Nov 2006 21:18:21 -0800

Free agent S Derrick Strait (Buccaneers) worked out for the Minnesota Vikings Monday, Oct. 30.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | R. Davis signed
Wed, 1 Nov 2006 21:15:55 -0800

The Minnesota Vikings have signed free agent LB Rod Davis (Panthers).


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | Carter clears waivers, signed to team's practice squad
Wed, 1 Nov 2006 21:15:42 -0800

Minnesota Vikings WR Jason Carter has cleared waivers and was re-signed to the team's practice squad.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | Sharper limited in practice Wednesday
Wed, 1 Nov 2006 21:15:40 -0800

Minnesota Vikings S Darren Sharper (knee) missed a portion of practice Wednesday, Nov. 1, and is listed as probable for Week 9.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | M. Johnson limited in practice Wednesday
Wed, 1 Nov 2006 21:09:52 -0800

Minnesota Vikings OT Marcus Johnson (ankle) missed a portion of practice Wednesday, Nov. 1, and is listed as probable for Week 9.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | Hicks limited in practice Wednesday
Wed, 1 Nov 2006 21:09:42 -0800

Minnesota Vikings OG Artis Hicks (neck) missed a portion of practice Wednesday, Nov. 1, and is listed as probable for Week 9.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | Leber limited in practice Wednesday
Wed, 1 Nov 2006 21:09:39 -0800

Minnesota Vikings LB Ben Leber (illness) missed a portion of practice Wednesday, Nov. 1, and is listed as probable for Week 9.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | Harris misses practice Wednesday
Wed, 1 Nov 2006 21:05:07 -0800

Minnesota Vikings LB Napoleon Harris (wrist) missed practice Wednesday, Nov. 1, and is questionable for the Week 9 game.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | M. Robinson misses practice Wednesday
Wed, 1 Nov 2006 21:05:06 -0800

Minnesota Vikings WR Marcus Robinson (back) missed practice Wednesday, Nov. 1, and is listed as questionable on the team's injury report for Week 9.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | Birk limited in practice Wednesday
Wed, 1 Nov 2006 21:05:05 -0800

Minnesota Vikings C Matt Birk (knee) missed a portion of practice Wednesday, Nov. 1, and is listed as questionable for Week 9.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | K. Williams limited in practice Wednesday
Wed, 1 Nov 2006 21:00:49 -0800

Minnesota Vikings DL Kevin Williams (ankle) missed a portion of practice Wednesday, Nov. 1, but said he would be ready for the Week 9 game. He is listed as questionable on the team's injury report.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | P. Williams limited in practice Wednesday
Wed, 1 Nov 2006 21:00:48 -0800

Minnesota Vikings DL Pat Williams (knee) missed a portion of practice Wednesday, Nov. 1, and is listed as questionable for Week 9.

Mr. Purple
11-02-2006, 08:11 AM
Wow lotta banged up guys, hopefully we get most of them on the field Sunday.

happy camper
11-02-2006, 09:40 AM
man, carter
back to practive squad?
???

olson_10
11-02-2006, 09:56 AM
"happy" wrote:


man, carter
back to practive squad?
???

i dont understand this..the guy was CLEARLY the best receiver we had in training camp and all preseason games, and were refusing to give him any opportunity..our offense couldnt possibly get any worse than it already is, so i dont see anything wrong with throwing him in as a starter and seeing how it goes..gotta start taking chances to find something that clicks

snowinapril
11-02-2006, 10:00 AM
"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:


Wow lotta banged up guys, hopefully we get most of them on the field Sunday.


You can say that again. WOW.

Looks like McKinnie and Hutch are the only linemen on the team that aren't hurting, that we know of anyways.

Carter not only ended up on the practice squad but he cleared waivers.

Del Rio
11-02-2006, 10:08 AM
"olson_10" wrote:


"happy" wrote:


man, carter
back to practive squad?
???

i dont understand this..the guy was CLEARLY the best receiver we had in training camp and all preseason games, and were refusing to give him any opportunity..our offense couldnt possibly get any worse than it already is, so i dont see anything wrong with throwing him in as a starter and seeing how it goes..gotta start taking chances to find something that clicks


I don't see how having two games with long receptions against backups makes you clearly the best WR.

CCthebest
11-02-2006, 11:14 AM
Look at our WR's. How can he not be better?

Twill had a good game, hope he has another, but im not keeping my fingers crossed. Bethal sucks, McMuffin sucks, Travis sucks, and Marcus always gets hurts when hes in more then 4 or 5 plays.

Del Rio
11-02-2006, 11:19 AM
"CCthebest" wrote:


Look at our WR's. How can he not be better?

Twill had a good game, hope he has another, but im not keeping my fingers crossed. Bethal sucks, McMuffin sucks, Travis sucks, and Marcus always gets hurts when hes in more then 4 or 5 plays.


How is that being better? Merely exsisting in a WR core where people are struggling? He hasn't prooven anything yet. Apparently he hasn't prooven it to Childress either if he is still on the practice squad.

CCthebest
11-02-2006, 11:34 AM
How is it better? How can he be WORSE? Its immpossible. Hes young, has alot to prove, and can makes plays at least against 2nd stringers. Hes hasnt been dumped repeatedly by other teams.

Childress signed Stinkson. His area of expertise(sp?) is not in WR's.

Prophet
11-02-2006, 11:38 AM
I see another Baskett vs McMuffin type thread is brewing.

Del Rio
11-02-2006, 11:41 AM
"CCthebest" wrote:


How is it better? How can he be WORSE? Its immpossible. Hes young, has alot to prove, and can makes plays at least against 2nd stringers. Hes hasnt been dumped repeatedly by other teams.

Childress signed Stinkson. His area of expertise(sp?) is not in WR's.


Is stinkston on our team? No he is not.

Is your area of expertise WR's lol! And before you ask no it is not mine, but your reasoning behind it is ironic. Childress took a look at a guy who never made it on our team and was let go, so he doesn't know about WR's I say put J.Carter in because I do lol! ;D

The guy had a couple long catches against backups in the pre-season. He's on the practicse squad so that right there should tell you something.

Prophet
11-02-2006, 11:44 AM
"Del" wrote:


"CCthebest" wrote:


How is it better? How can he be WORSE? Its immpossible. Hes young, has alot to prove, and can makes plays at least against 2nd stringers. Hes hasnt been dumped repeatedly by other teams.

Childress signed Stinkson. His area of expertise(sp?) is not in WR's.


Is stinkston on our team? No he is not.

Is your area of expertise WR's lol!

The guy had a couple long catches against backups in the pre-season. He's on the practicse squad so that right there should tell you something.


An undrafted rookie that lights up 3-4 string defenders in the preseason, most of whom aren't even playing anymore, is what we need.
He is good.
If Tarvaris would start and Carter would be the #1 WR the Vikings would be a top 10 offense.
Why is it so hard for all you numbnuts to understand?
I like to disregard the fact that the coaching staff has decades of experience at the NFL level and I'm a fan that eats potato chips and drinks beer.

CCthebest
11-02-2006, 12:06 PM
Wtf, you calling me a numbnuts? I made a jest post about certain peoples ego's and webby bans me for personal attacks. Go figure

My point is this. Our receivers suck. They couldnt get open if their life depends on it. Either that or BJ cant find them. Would it be so terrible to sit McMuffin or Bethal this week and let Carter, who proved himself during preseasn, I dont care who was defending him, play? How can it be worse? Will he drop passes(twill) or fumble them Travis)? Why not give a good looking rookie a chance?

Prophet
11-02-2006, 12:13 PM
Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing Carter in the mix.
FYI, I called everyone numbnuts and it was a joke.

Del Rio
11-02-2006, 12:16 PM
"CCthebest" wrote:


Wtf, you calling me a numbnuts? I made a jest post about certain peoples ego's and webby bans me for personal attacks. Go figure

My point is this. Our receivers suck. They couldnt get open if their life depends on it. Either that or BJ cant find them. Would it be so terrible to sit McMuffin or Bethal this week and let Carter, who proved himself during preseasn, I dont care who was defending him, play? How can it be worse? Will he drop passes(twill) or fumble them Travis)? Why not give a good looking rookie a chance?


The guy that runs the teams seems to think yes it would be so terrible.

I think he was calling all of us who do not understand that we would be a top ten offense if Tavaris and Carter would start numbnuts.

Can you tell the difference between an all out personal attack and someone using satire? Worse yet he wasn't even calling you a numbnuts. If he had made a thread for the sole purpose of calling you out he would be on a T.O just like you, but most people refrain from that sort of shit.

CCthebest
11-02-2006, 12:27 PM
If your point is, its Childress's decsion, well no shit. Imo, hes made some bad calls, and shouldnt be doing the play calling. I am hoping however he will play Carter one of these days. I really liked his play. The receivers need a spark that i think Carter could give it. I do not expect Childress to put in Carter, but I can hope cant I? Alot of rookies that play in the NFL havent seen more preseason then Carter has.

tb04512
11-02-2006, 12:28 PM
the recievers cant get open, that being said twill has good hands as long as its not a pass thrown over his shoulder, travis needs to find the out of bounds line when he catches it because he has great hands jus not while he's running, marcus is good in the redzone but yes he does get hurt too much maybe he should try mentoring some of these younger players while hes here,
bethal johnson is actually impressing me with his hands i dont think ive seen him drop a pass, and he is veryyy fast if brad could get him the ball... mcmullen should jus go away,
i think they need to give carter a chanve in the slot have him run across the middle and let him catch some balls, i dont know his speed but if he's fast maybe he can catch a deep ball too,, why not throw him in against the niners ?

anyone think the coaches look at this site?

Prophet
11-02-2006, 12:40 PM
"tb04512" wrote:


...anyone think the coaches look at this site?

I guarantee that some members think they do.

Del Rio
11-02-2006, 12:45 PM
"CCthebest" wrote:


If your point is, its Childress's decsion, well no pooh. Imo, hes made some bad calls, and shouldnt be doing the play calling. I am hoping however he will play Carter one of these days. I really liked his play. The receivers need a spark that i think Carter could give it. I do not expect Childress to put in Carter, but I can hope cant I? Alot of rookies that play in the NFL havent seen more preseason then Carter has.


Your not wrong for having an opinion obviously I am just discussing it with you. When it comes to a football game there are just so many things we as fans do not think of. Maybe you do, but most do not. It could be something as little as Tavaris is having a hard time spitting out the calls clearly and efficiently, it could be he is not making his reads on time, it could be anything. Jason Carter, it could be he is breaking his routes too soon, maybe he sucks at running routes but can burn down the sidelines, maybe he doesn't block. My only point is with the complexity of the position and the myriad of things that the QB is responsible for or a WR is responsible for I am going to go with the guy who is evaluating everything.

It is not enough for me to just throw a guy out there because he had 4 deep balls caught in pre-season. Lots of stuff goes into the game. If all he could do was catch deep passes he isn't worth a roster spot, can he block, can he curl, can he post? We don't know. Childress probably does.

That's all I'm saying. I can't say anyone is wrong for wanting to see someone get in who they think is going to be good I can just discuss it. So please do not feel I am attacking you.

CCthebest
11-02-2006, 12:59 PM
Actually i did feel like I was being attacked, and I'm pretty thick skinned. I guess when people make condescending posts and call me a numbnuts it has that effect.

If we had receivers like Cris Carter, Randy Moss and Nate Burleson no one would even know who Carter is. But we dont, so we need to find the next CC, or Moss and we dont have them right now. Maybe Jason Carter could be, who knows.

tb04512
11-02-2006, 01:02 PM
thick skinned?? dont take offense to numbnuts then thats like a 4th grader saying cmon llet it go

Prophet
11-02-2006, 01:06 PM
"CCthebest" wrote:


Actually i did feel like I was being attacked, and I'm pretty thick skinned. I guess when people make condescending posts and call me a numbnuts it has that effect.

If we had receivers like Cris Carter, Randy Moss and Nate Burleson no one would even know who Carter is. But we dont, so we need to find the next CC, or Moss and we dont have them right now. Maybe Jason Carter could be, who knows.



Here is what I said:


An undrafted rookie that lights up 3-4 string defenders in the preseason, most of whom aren't even playing anymore, is what we need.
He is good.
If Tarvaris would start and Carter would be the #1 WR the Vikings would be a top 10 offense.
Why is it so hard for all you numbnuts to understand?
I like to disregard the fact that the coaching staff has decades of experience at the NFL level and I'm a fan that eats potato chips and drinks beer.

I was writing satirically saying that this is what I was supposedly thinking and I was jokingly calling anyone that doesn't believe in it a childish name.
If you look at the context of the post the numbnuts comment was more directed at Del Rio than you because he didn't believe what I was saying.
Furthermore, if you quote me you will see the fine print.


Sorry if I hurt your feelings.
Onward.

Del Rio
11-02-2006, 01:26 PM
"CCthebest" wrote:


Actually i did feel like I was being attacked, and I'm pretty thick skinned. I guess when people make condescending posts and call me a numbnuts it has that effect.

If we had receivers like Cris Carter, Randy Moss and Nate Burleson no one would even know who Carter is. But we dont, so we need to find the next CC, or Moss and we dont have them right now. Maybe Jason Carter could be, who knows.


No one called you numbnuts. Do you understand that? It has been covered three times and if you are in doubt read his post again.

I can't feel bad for a guy who gets butt hurt over a name that WASN'T EVEN DIRECTED AT HIM.

cogitans
11-02-2006, 01:28 PM
"Acumen" wrote:


"Del" wrote:


"CCthebest" wrote:


How is it better? How can he be WORSE? Its immpossible. Hes young, has alot to prove, and can makes plays at least against 2nd stringers. Hes hasnt been dumped repeatedly by other teams.

Childress signed Stinkson. His area of expertise(sp?) is not in WR's.


Is stinkston on our team? No he is not.

Is your area of expertise WR's lol!

The guy had a couple long catches against backups in the pre-season. He's on the practicse squad so that right there should tell you something.


An undrafted rookie that lights up 3-4 string defenders in the preseason, most of whom aren't even playing anymore, is what we need.
He is good.
If Tarvaris would start and Carter would be the #1 WR the Vikings would be a top 10 offense.
Why is it so hard for all you numbnuts to understand?
I like to disregard the fact that the coaching staff has decades of experience at the NFL level and I'm a fan that eats potato chips and drinks beer.




The problem is that he became a media darling. KFAN kept mentioning his name from the very beginning of camp, therefore some fans will start looking for him as well.

I just hope that our WR coach and the rest of them on the offensive staff has a better insight in who is cutting it in practice enough to make the team on sunday.

However if our recievers as a whole doesn't stop dropping balls soon, I'm going to start blaming WR coach Darrell Wyatt.

And please someone stop this trend. It's getting tough to find out all the crap you guys write in these.

Desertvikingfan
11-02-2006, 01:32 PM
Minnesota Vikings WR Jason Carter has cleared waivers and was re-signed to the team's practice squad.
Not to change the subject from the numbnuts discussion, but I believe this says a ton about Carter's current abilities.

Del Rio
11-02-2006, 01:33 PM
"cogitans" wrote:


"Acumen" wrote:


"Del" wrote:


"CCthebest" wrote:


How is it better? How can he be WORSE? Its immpossible. Hes young, has alot to prove, and can makes plays at least against 2nd stringers. Hes hasnt been dumped repeatedly by other teams.

Childress signed Stinkson. His area of expertise(sp?) is not in WR's.


Is stinkston on our team? No he is not.

Is your area of expertise WR's lol!

The guy had a couple long catches against backups in the pre-season. He's on the practicse squad so that right there should tell you something.


An undrafted rookie that lights up 3-4 string defenders in the preseason, most of whom aren't even playing anymore, is what we need.
He is good.
If Tarvaris would start and Carter would be the #1 WR the Vikings would be a top 10 offense.
Why is it so hard for all you numbnuts to understand?
I like to disregard the fact that the coaching staff has decades of experience at the NFL level and I'm a fan that eats potato chips and drinks beer.




The problem is that he became a media darling. KFAN kept mentioning his name from the very beginning of camp, therefore some fans will start looking for him as well.

I just hope that our WR coach and the rest of them on the offensive staff has a better insight in who is cutting it in practice enough to make the team on sunday.

However if our recievers as a whole doesn't stop dropping balls soon, I'm going to start blaming WR coach Darrell Wyatt.

And please someone stop this trend. It's getting tough to find out all the crap you guys write in these.


Cogs as usual I think you nailed it. The media darling syndrome probably had a lot to do with it.

The Dropper
11-02-2006, 01:35 PM
Ohhhkaaayy....

Not sure how this got turned into yet another "let's start Jason Carter" thread but I'm just going to let that one lie.

What I'm more interested in is this LB, Rod Davis from the Panthers. Childress is saying that he's hopeful that Napoleon Harris can start this week, but perhaps he'll be out a little longer? Either way, what do we know about Davis (he's not even listed on the NFL's player page)?

Prophet
11-02-2006, 01:39 PM
"The" wrote:


Ohhhkaaayy....

Not sure how this got turned into yet another "let's start Jason Carter" thread but I'm just going to let that one lie.

What I'm more interested in is this LB, Rod Davis from the Panthers. Childress is saying that he's hopeful that Napoleon Harris can start this week, but perhaps he'll be out a little longer? Either way, what do we know about Davis (he's not even listed on the NFL's player page)?



I was wondering the same thing this morning and haven't seen anything other than old articles on him...but I haven't looked too hard.
That situation has me curious too.

tb04512
11-02-2006, 01:40 PM
he was a viking since 2004 got cut this year now hes back really good special teams guy too

lakehubertviking
11-02-2006, 02:06 PM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6238953685626218421&q=office+linebacker&hl=en

Here's another personnel link.
After the numerous breakdowns in last weeks game, Vikings President Mark Wilf made a key acquisition from a large corporation name Felcher and Sons to clean up the Front Office.

Prophet
11-02-2006, 02:07 PM
"lakehubertviking" wrote:


http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6238953685626218421&q=office+linebacker&hl=en

Here's another personnel link.
After the numerous breakdowns in last weeks game, Vikings President Mark Wilf made a key acquisition from a large corporation name Felcher and Sons to clean up the Front Office.


I hope it works, too bad they don't put them on the injury list too.

singersp
11-02-2006, 08:12 PM
"CCthebest" wrote:



My point is this. Our receivers suck. They couldnt get open if their life depends on it. Either that or BJ cant find them. Would it be so terrible to sit McMuffin or Bethal this week and let Carter, who proved himself during preseasn, I dont care who was defending him, play? How can it be worse? Will he drop passes(twill) or fumble them Travis)? Why not give a good looking rookie a chance?


Well if Johnson can't "find them" as you say, what good does it do to bring another receiver into the mix?
Wouldn't Carter become just another receiver Brad can't find?

Big C
11-02-2006, 08:27 PM
I personally think we need to call more plays that have WRs running routes that have a higher chance of completions. I hardly see us making any throws to slant, in and curl routes. Opposing offenses run those plays on us all day.