09-27-2004, 01:29 PM
Torn ACL

HarrisonB57
09-27-2004, 01:37 PM
must suck to be bear fan

ItalianStallion
09-27-2004, 01:38 PM
That'll teach him to score on us...

just joking of course. Tough pill to swallow for the bears. Unfortunately they won't get much sympathy from me as we have injury concerns of our own.

Del Rio
09-27-2004, 01:39 PM
Has anyone snagged up Tim couch?

poult
09-27-2004, 01:40 PM
last thing i heard about couch was he was still suing the packers over injuring his arm, and not giving him an MRI. so i dont know if he can even throw right now.

HarrisonB57
09-27-2004, 01:41 PM
I think he's still out there. so are older guys like jeff george

poult
09-27-2004, 01:47 PM
" Green Bay officials still have not received the injury grievance that ESPN.com reported quarterback Tim Couch filed against the club last week. Could be that the paperwork is not yet completed. But the Packers are curious as to the grounds of the grievance, since they say Couch insisted in camp that his arm was only sore, not injured, and never requested an MRI exam"

thats the latest on him......

snowinapril
09-27-2004, 01:47 PM
I heard a couple of weeks ago that Jeff George was waiting for a call from anyone. Did he go to school in ILL.

If I remember right, no one touch him. He hurt the leg on the turf when he jumped. ???????

ItalianStallion
09-27-2004, 01:53 PM
I didn't even know Jeff George was still alive.

josdin00
09-27-2004, 02:01 PM
"snowinapril" wrote:

I heard a couple of weeks ago that Jeff George was waiting for a call from anyone. Did he go to school in ILL.

If I remember right, no one touch him. He hurt the leg on the turf when he jumped. ???????

I don't remember anyone ever hitting Grossman's knee. At first, I thought it would be a head or neck injury, because someone tripped over his helmet going for the loose ball, but no, I never saw anyone make contact with the knee. That doesn't bode well for Grossman's longevity as a pro player.

Del Rio
09-27-2004, 02:06 PM
The Bears say they have faith in their 2nd stringer but I wouldn't be surprised if they went out and snagged up someone to fill in especially since they have a good team.

snowinapril
09-27-2004, 02:16 PM
It also doesn't bode well for the TURF. Who was it that hurt themselves in the pregame in week one.

Turf is harsh I remember a preseason game against the Cards about 6 yrs (on the old turf) ago when they lost 3 starters to knee injuries in that game. I don't think this turf is any better for injuries than the old stuff.

Looks nicer except for the endzone lettering. I think they just want less clean up for the Twins Games.

Del Rio
09-27-2004, 02:31 PM
I did a paper in my second year at Weber St. University comparing Turf and Grass and the injuries accuired on both.

I remember writing about a Bears reciever who lept for the ball and his knee caps ripped away and when he landed they were up by his thighs. The picture was gross. The injury happened on turf.

When you add the knee and leg injuries up there are about the same ammount I think because football is just a physical sport and it is hard on the lower limbs and joints.

But the glarring fact that stood out was that there were many more injuries on turf where the injured player had no one around him when he got hurt. In other words no other player caused his injury.

vikings_fan66
09-27-2004, 02:34 PM
"ItalianStallion" wrote:

I didn't even know Jeff George was still alive.

lol....me either

snowinapril
09-27-2004, 02:37 PM
"Del Rio" wrote:

I did a paper in my second year at Weber St. University comparing Turf and Grass and the injuries accuired on both.

I remember writing about a Bears reciever who lept for the ball and his knee caps ripped away and when he landed they were up by his thighs. The picture was gross. The injury happened on turf.

When you add the knee and leg injuries up there are about the same ammount I think because football is just a physical sport and it is hard on the lower limbs and joints.

But the glarring fact that stood out was that there were many more injuries on turf where the injured player had no one around him when he got hurt. In other words no other player caused his injury.

Interesting!

snowinapril
09-27-2004, 02:40 PM
former Vikes QB - GANNON DONE

for a while, 6 weeks maybe longer. broken vertebrae.

whackthepack
09-27-2004, 02:40 PM
"snowinapril" wrote:

It also doesn't bode well for the TURF. Who was it that hurt themselves in the pregame in week one.

Turf is harsh I remember a preseason game against the Cards about 6 yrs (on the old turf) ago when they lost 3 starters to knee injuries in that game. I don't think this turf is any better for injuries than the old stuff.

Looks nicer except for the endzone lettering. I think they just want less clean up for the Twins Games.

Michael Irvin, he did it were the 1st base or pitchers mound would be. I heard a report that the ground crew did a bad job when they put the section of turf down to cover those areas and that it was not the same hight as the rest of the field.

snowinapril
09-27-2004, 07:11 PM
whack,

I think it was Ken Irvin, thanks for the info I couldn't remember.

whackthepack
09-28-2004, 10:50 AM
"snowinapril" wrote:

whack,

I think it was Ken Irvin, thanks for the info I couldn't remember.

Thanks Snowapril, must have had a brain fart!

Big Daddy
09-28-2004, 12:44 PM
Did anyone watch the Sunday night game Oak vs. TB? Charley Garner went down with a season ending knee injury and no one was around him he just went down. I remember thinking that if that would have been on field turf instead of natural grass that everyone would have said it was because of the stupid turf. Fact is injuries happen and they can't be blamed on any one thing. Personally I like having sure footing and not having to worry about my feet slipping out from under me.