PDA

View Full Version : Worst loss?

Garland Greene
10-30-2006, 10:42 PM
So where does this game rank as far as recent memory of games that we have lost does it even belong on the list. 98 vs Atlanta obvioulsy but as far as getting our asses handed to us. 41-0 Giants playoffs and ???

Ltrey33
10-30-2006, 10:45 PM
As far as collossal disappointments go, this one ranks up there. I mean, back in some of the Tice games I expected to get beat, but I haven't felt this low since we missed the playoffs because of the play against the Cardinals.

TheKnuck
10-30-2006, 10:45 PM
well i don't feel as sick now as i did against those games, but maybe i should if this is how were gonna play against afc teams.
on the bright side...............we can win our next 4 and be 8-3.

SWAYZE74
10-30-2006, 10:47 PM
against the pats...not that bad...we were 2-5 last year remember...

peace...

vikinggreg
10-30-2006, 10:48 PM
"Ltrey33" wrote:

As far as collossal disappointments go, this one ranks up there. I mean, back in some of the Tice games I expected to get beat, but I haven't felt this low since we missed the playoffs because of the play against the Cardinals.

That Cards game and when the Bengals loss cost us a playoff spot a few years before.

DeathtoDenny
10-30-2006, 11:20 PM
When you do look on the bright side, we have an easy schedule the rest of the season. When you look on the dark side, a good QB tears our "great" defense to shreds, so no matter where they go, the wildcard is as far as they can go. Who here is satisfied by wild card? Tice could have gotten us a wildcard.
BJ obviously isn't a leader, our o-line can't operate at the level they're paid and our secondary is a bunch of names on jerseys floating around wondering what's happened while they eat up the cap. Its hard to be a fan when they rebuild in the middle of a championship caliber cap but have a no-future QB. Playoff loss this year, then what? QB controversy while all the older guys who came here for a ring get frustrated and demand trades? Then restart with new lines on both sides and whoever is available in FA? Another 7 year cycle before the Vikings have a shot?

cajunvike
10-31-2006, 12:36 AM
"THEBIGDADDY" wrote:

So where does this game rank as far as recent memory of games that we have lost does it even belong on the list. 98 vs Atlanta obvioulsy but as far as getting our asses handed to us. 41-0 Giants playoffs and ???

Doesn't even belong on the list...we (and the officials) gave the game to the Patsies!

When Brad lobbed up that pass to Mewelde and it got picked (because Mewelde got grabbed around the waist and couldn't get to it...but no call), I knew that we would be in for a long evening.
It was then that I noticed the little pencil-necked Patsy fans sitting in front of us...post-Millenium Patsy fans that have never known a losing season...fair-weather punks that will soon pick another team when the inevitable decline begins...and I felt sorry for them because I realized that their glee at the success of their team of the moment would soon be replaced by the despair that they most likely feel when they have to return to their crappy jobs and crappy lives...and the cloud of our loss was suddenly lifted!
:D

The Dropper
10-31-2006, 02:06 AM
"cajunvike" wrote:

"THEBIGDADDY" wrote:

Doesn't even belong on the list...we (and the officials) gave the game to the Patsies!

When Brad lobbed up that pass to Mewelde and it got picked (because Mewelde got grabbed around the waist and couldn't get to it...but no call), I knew that we would be in for a long evening.
It was then that I noticed the little pencil-necked Patsy fans sitting in front of us...post-Millenium Patsy fans that have never known a losing season...fair-weather punks that will soon pick another team when the inevitable decline begins...and I felt sorry for them because I realized that their glee at the success of their team of the moment would soon be replaced by the despair that they most likely feel when they have to return to their crappy jobs and crappy lives...and the cloud of our loss was suddenly lifted!
:D

Nice Cajun. You know, I'm starting to see where all of this Bahston disdain comes from, and I think I'm coming around to your side.

Anyhoo, you're also right about that pick. Tedy Bruschi got away with fricken murder on that play. Smarmy little... >:(

Redrouster
10-31-2006, 03:36 AM
This one doesn't sit on the worst loss list. I think the reason behind some saying it should is the fact that it was Monday night football, we were 4-2 and looking to make a statement about the Vikes this year, and of course, we were playing at home, never a good place to lose. As much as I would like to say we were robbed out of a victory, I just can't say it.

I think our defensive coor. did a horrible job. That zone D let Brady throw all over us. The plays in which we did blitz, we got some good pressure on him (minus the one screen pass). The Pats came out right away and made it known that they were going to throw the ball. We didn't adjust! We let him keep throwing.

BJ was not himself and did not play his game. Those gol 'darnit 40-50 yard passes to whoever were terrible. It was like he was trying to prove something. He looked bad. Where was the run? We have been stuffed for a few series in other games on the run but still kept up with it and it paid off. Not this game, we had to go straight to the pass until interceptions came and then we still went with the pass. (does anyone know the Pass/run play call numbers?)

Lets hope the coaching staff sticks this one in the "Oh wow, lets not do this again" file and moves on and gets back to the winning ways!
GO VIKES!

BigMoInAZ
10-31-2006, 03:49 AM
That ranks right up there with one of the worst stinkers ever!
Not that I expected them to win, but to at least show some heart and some promise.
What we witnessed instead was a dismantling of our defense by a great football mind who knew better than to bash his head on a wall senselessly by trying to run, so just pass, and pass some more, and maybe throw in a run now and then, but keep passing until the lead is secured and they win by more than three touchdowns, on the road!

OK, I'm losing oxygen here!

Vikefan05
10-31-2006, 05:47 AM
A loss to a good team...
I hoped that we could adjust to the pass, but this is only 1/16th of the season.
SKOL Vikes!

JellyBean2144
10-31-2006, 05:51 AM
It is up there. I still think that 41-0 game is our worse loss, that I can remember.

ultravikingfan
10-31-2006, 06:53 AM
Worst loss?
Not even close.
Every playoff loss is a lot worse than this.
Every loss that eliminated us from the playoffs is a lot worse.
This one is just fresh in our memory, that's why it feels so bad.

Del Rio
10-31-2006, 06:55 AM
One of the worst of all time IMO is the cards game that knocked us out of the running.

That hurt a whole hell of a lot more then this.

twiztedfait
10-31-2006, 07:39 AM
"Del" wrote:

One of the worst of all time IMO is the cards game that knocked us out of the running.

That hurt a whole hell of a lot more then this.

Yes it did.
I was bummed out for months after that game.
Same with the blowout agains the giants.
This one will sting for a while, but I honestly expected to lose.
It just sucks to get blown out at home on MNF.

Prophet
10-31-2006, 08:06 AM
That game is so far from being the worse loss that it isn't even on the radar.

MetalMike-LoudVike
10-31-2006, 09:07 AM
yeah I cant wait to hear the fudge packer and the bear fans start piping up about the horriblyt officated and out coached game that was monday nite football. I only have a couple things for them. We were playing a a top-teir team, they played the cardinals-49er's speaking of which next up san fran this squad has the tools to go into san fran and and make them look like garbage
alright with the pats out of the way they have 4 easy games coming then its. Chicago and in november they are on the road alot they get to go to foxbourgh.
rocking my vikes shirt w/ my vikes mug sipping on some hot chocolate somewhat sulking,but they aint dead yet
MMLV

snowinapril
10-31-2006, 09:21 AM
EXPECTATIONS by most of the fans were too high.

Let's see what the upcoming games have in store before getting bent out of shape over this ONE* loss.

* disappointing as it was.

PurpleRide
10-31-2006, 09:23 AM
"snowinapril" wrote:

EXPECTATIONS by most of the fans were too high.

Let's see what the upcoming games have in store before getting bent out of shape over this ONE* loss.

* disappointing as it was.

Well if you pay for a ticket, I am sure you dont want to leave after the 3rd because your starting QB just tanked the game.

I guess its the medias fault because they were actually giving the vikings a chance to win.

countrygirl
10-31-2006, 09:29 AM
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a305/countrygirlginger/Halloween.jpgMinimum word requirement my arse!

michaelmazid
10-31-2006, 10:11 AM
I think this loss ranks up there as one of the worst losses ever. We looked like kids playing with men out there. I have never seen minny look so helpless on the field.

The 3 sacks in row thing when bollinger was in was the most embarresing thing I have ever seen.

whackthepack
10-31-2006, 11:22 AM
The Cinci game last year was a worse loss than this, and so was the Carolina game.

We rebounded from those losses and we will rebound from this loss, we will move on and beat San Fran next week and then the Pack the following week and we will be 6 and 3 and still heading to the playoffs

spikecyrus
10-31-2006, 11:30 AM
I hope the team can get past this fast, its a short week of practice going on the road

cajunvike
10-31-2006, 11:33 AM
"michaelmazid" wrote:

I think this loss ranks up there as one of the worst losses ever. We looked like kids playing with men out there. I have never seen minny look so helpless on the field.

The 3 sacks in row thing when bollinger was in was the most embarresing thing I have ever seen.

PUHLEEZE!!! Those Bollinger sacks were strictly because he held onto the ball too long...AND they knew he was throwing so they could just pin their ears back and rush the crap out of him...definitely not a reflection on the whole team!

NO WAY that this loss is one of the worst ever...it will be LONG FORGOTTEN by the end of the season once we make the playoffs!

kramer9guy
10-31-2006, 11:46 AM
By no means was last nights loss one of the worst ever. We were beaten by a better team, mid-season with the playoffs still well within our grasp.

Some of the worst?

the 1998 NFC Championship loss
the 1987 NFC Championship loss
the 2000 NFC Championship loss
the 2003 Cardinals loss
and any of the Super Bowl losses

ultravikingfan
10-31-2006, 02:25 PM
"kramer9guy" wrote:

By no means was last nights loss one of the worst ever. We were beaten by a better team, mid-season with the playoffs still well within our grasp.

Some of the worst?

the 2003 Cardinals loss

I like that ^

Vintage vikings fan there.
;)

BigMoInAZ
10-31-2006, 03:02 PM
Call it what you want, it still STUNK UP THE PLACE!

And to be post whipped like that at home in front of the fans and on national TV! ::)

Losing at home to a good team is one thing, to not even show up to the game is another altogether!

cajunvike
10-31-2006, 03:06 PM
Can we get rid of this STUPID thread?

Prophet
10-31-2006, 03:09 PM
"cajunvike" wrote:

Can we get rid of this STUPID thread?

Not if you keep posting in it I reckon.

Desertvikingfan
10-31-2006, 03:11 PM

Some of the worst?

the 2003 Cardinals loss
forgot probably the most heart wrenching Viking loss of all time: 1975 divisional playoff loss to Dallas at the old Met.Compared to that last night was an afternoon at Disneyland.

RK.
10-31-2006, 03:48 PM
"kramer9guy" wrote:

Some of the worst?

the 2003 Cardinals loss

The 2000 loss was one of the most depressing.
:-

Vikefanman2000
10-31-2006, 04:12 PM
This was a butt kickin' but in my opinion not even close to some of those mentioned above.

In fact, to me, this wasnt the worst loss of the season....
The loss to Chicago, after we had them beat and the loss to a crappy Buffalo team was much worse than the game last night.

Prophet
10-31-2006, 04:14 PM
"Vikefanman2000" wrote:

This was a butt kickin' but in my opinion not even close to some of those mentioned above.

In fact, to me, this wasnt the worst loss of the season....
The loss to Chicago, after we had them beat and the loss to a crappy Buffalo team was much worse than the game last night.

I agree, there are more games than the ones listed above that make me shudder too.
Last night was painful during gametime and it ended there for me.
Now they have the tape of what to work on.

x-ray jeff
10-31-2006, 04:17 PM
Any loss to the Bears is worse than last night.
The bottle flying out of the stands did remind me of the '75
"Hail Mary"(pushoff) loss to the Cowboys though.