PDA

View Full Version : We Will Still Make the Playoffs

Ltrey33
10-30-2006, 10:39 PM
I know we sucked tonight, and we may not be a Super Bowl team, but I still think this team has enough talent and coaching to make the playoffs. Take this game out of the equation. If we beat the teams we should beat, then we should make the playoffs. Check out our remaining games...

San Francisco
Green Bay (2)
Miami
Arizona
Detroit
New York Jets

That's 7 games that we SHOULD win and 6 teams that we are better than and can run the ball against. Are we going to beat them all? Probably not, but we may beat either the Rams or the Bears, who we shouldn't beat. I sincerely think that we'll have 10 or 11 wins this year.

V4L
10-30-2006, 10:42 PM
I'm going to say no..

If we did it would be wildcard.. I think Cowboys Giants Panthers or Eagles will nab those spots up

One Love

PurplePackerEater
So...we'll end up with a mediocre draft pick....so what?

Don't mind me, I'm just pisssed right now....

midgensa
"Ltrey33" wrote:

I know we sucked tonight, and we may not be a Super Bowl team, but I still think this team has enough talent and coaching to make the playoffs. Take this game out of the equation. If we beat the teams we should beat, then we should make the playoffs. Check out our remaining games...

San Francisco
Green Bay (2)
Miami
Arizona
Detroit
New York Jets

That's 7 games that we SHOULD win and 6 teams that we are better than and can run the ball against. Are we going to beat them all? Probably not, but we may beat either the Rams or the Bears, who we shouldn't beat. I sincerely think that we'll have 10 or 11 wins this year.

I think that we should and very well could win all 7 of those games. I think 7-2 is very possible and 6-3 even more so which would get us to 10 or 11 wins ... I definitely dont have many hopes of stealing the NFC anymore, but I like our chances at getting to the playoffs.

LuckyVike
10-30-2006, 10:45 PM
Not if the remaining teams look at what the Pats did to us.
Simply don't run the ball and pass all day.

BadlandsVikings
I'm saying about 9-7 hopefully hopefully that's enough to get in

DustinDupont
yes we will still make the playoffs look at are schedule

Ltrey33
10-30-2006, 10:46 PM
"LuckyVike" wrote:

Not if the remaining teams look at what the Pats did to us.
Simply don't run the ball and pass all day.

Those teams don't have Brady though.

I agree though, we have some work to do on our pass defense.

Garland Greene
10-30-2006, 10:47 PM
possible but not if we play like we did tonight.. But the schedule is very favorible for us.

Vikefanman2000
10-30-2006, 10:49 PM
So we got our a$$ handed to us tonight by one of the best teams in the NFL....is that the end of the world....NO!

Two weeks ago, almost all of the fans that post here would have gladly taken 1 out of 2 wins vs Seattle and New England.
In fact, most said that it didnt matter if they lost them both.....the schedule is VERY much in our favor going forward.

Folks, this IS a good team.
This is a team that was a mishap away from beating the Bears...this is a team that beat Seattle just a week ago...
This team ran up against a buzz saw tonight...."questionable" calls prevented the Vikes from ever gaining any sort of momentum...but they will do fine in the month of November.
A four win streak (games in November) puts this team at 8-3.....doesnt sound like the sky has fallen completely.

Bottom line....this was 1/16th of the schedule....period.
RELAX...
SKOL!

minvikes01
10-30-2006, 10:56 PM
plus look at our schedule coming up...
not too bad

x-ray jeff
10-30-2006, 11:02 PM
I hope they can rally from this. They won't have much fun watching this game film,that's for sure.

SWAYZE74
10-30-2006, 11:02 PM
i still think we can make the play-offs..only as a wild card team though...remember brad saved us from getttin tackled by the tidey-bowl man last year...

peace...

sandviking
10-30-2006, 11:10 PM
I believe we can suck it up and take the next 4 games in November.
The only one I truely worry about is the game vs. the pack on 12 Nov.

TRAMBIA
10-30-2006, 11:11 PM
ABSOLUTLEY NOT, OUR DEFENSE GOT EXPOSED TONIGHT FOR WHAT THEY REALLY ARE. GOOD LINE, BAD LINEBACKERS, AND A HORRIBLE SECONDARY MAN I NEVER SEEN A SECONDARY THAT IS SO BAD AT COVERING PEOPLE. ALL TEAMS HAVE TO DO IS PUT THE QB IN THE SHOTGUN AND PICK APART OUR SECONDARY. ALL WE HAD WAS OUR DEFENSE AND NOW? OH AND BRAD JOHNSON IS NOT AN ACCURATE PASSER I DONT CARE WHAT HIS COMP PERC. IS. HIS PASSES ARE ALWAYS
BEHIND OR UNDER THROWN AND EVERY TIME HE THROWS DEEP HE OVER THROWS THE RECIEVER BY 5 YARDS. OUR SEVENTH RANKED DEFENSE WILL BE IN THE 20S BY THE END OF THE SEASON. >:(

Gift
10-30-2006, 11:13 PM
"TRAMBIA" wrote:

ABSOLUTLEY NOT, OUR DEFENSE GOT EXPOSED TONIGHT FOR WHAT THEY REALLY ARE. GOOD LINE, BAD LINEBACKERS, AND A HORRIBLE SECONDARY MAN I NEVER SEEN A SECONDARY THAT IS SO BAD AT COVERING PEOPLE. ALL TEAMS HAVE TO DO IS PUT THE QB IN THE SHOTGUN AND PICK APART OUR SECONDARY. ALL WE HAD WAS OUR DEFENSE AND NOW? OH AND BRAD JOHNSON IS NOT AN ACCURATE PASSER I DONT CARE WHAT HIS COMP PERC. IS. HIS PASSES ARE ALWAYS
BEHIND OR UNDER THROWN AND EVERY TIME HE THROWS DEEP HE OVER THROWS THE RECIEVER BY 5 YARDS. OUR SEVENTH RANKED DEFENSE WILL BE IN THE 20S BY THE END OF THE SEASON. >:(

sit down, breathe, relax .
It was 1 game, we got owned, we learn & move on.

PurplePride80
10-30-2006, 11:13 PM
"TRAMBIA" wrote:

Is it really necessary for you to type in all caps?

minvikes01
10-30-2006, 11:15 PM
Our defense has probably already droped to the 20s

Vikefanman2000
10-30-2006, 11:19 PM
Take the game for what it was....one butt kick in 16!
Personally, this game doesnt piss me off as much as the Buffalo game.
This is a game that I had HOPED would be closer....but never thought of it as a solid win before the game.
We ARE better than Buffalo and let them win....that sucked big time!

Now its time for the coaches to figure out what happened and not let it happen again.
Thats all...
one game in 16....to think it counted more than Buffalo is foolish!

If we take care of business over then next 4 weeks we will be just fine!

TRAMBIA
10-30-2006, 11:21 PM
i know it was just one game, but be prepared to see it from now on. hate to be so negative but i have seen it to many times. sorry for the caps i was just venting :-\

alberta_vike
10-30-2006, 11:24 PM
BEHIND OR UNDER THROWN AND EVERY TIME HE THROWS DEEP HE OVER THROWS THE RECIEVER BY 5 YARDS. OUR SEVENTH RANKED DEFENSE WILL BE IN THE 20S BY THE END OF THE SEASON. Angry

I personally thought the line was the worst part of the defense in this game. Even though it was obvious they were throwing most of the time there was no pass rush whatsoever. I don't think the DBs and LBs played that bad, but if you give a QB like Brady that much time in the pocket, he will pick anybody apart.

DeathtoDenny
10-30-2006, 11:26 PM
Hopefully Brad remembers how to be a QB between then and now.

MaddenVodkaAddict
10-30-2006, 11:29 PM
Hopefully the NFC will turn into the "Not for Contenders" conference a la 2004.
:-

TRAMBIA
10-30-2006, 11:35 PM
not bad? i would say 4 touchdowns and 372 yards passing is pretty bad. i know our
line didnt get the pressure. the pats have good protecting line, but the secondary has to really improve for them to have a chance.
:o

Webby
10-31-2006, 12:08 AM
"alberta_vike" wrote:

BEHIND OR UNDER THROWN AND EVERY TIME HE THROWS DEEP HE OVER THROWS THE RECIEVER BY 5 YARDS. OUR SEVENTH RANKED DEFENSE WILL BE IN THE 20S BY THE END OF THE SEASON. Angry

I personally thought the line was the worst part of the defense in this game. Even though it was obvious they were throwing most of the time there was no pass rush whatsoever. I don't think the DBs and LBs played that bad, but if you give a QB like Brady that much time in the pocket, he will pick anybody apart.

Spread it 5 WR and he found the magic mix.
Bellicheck is a genius at it.
We will adjust.
But there are other folks not holding their new baby right now that can explain to you why the 5 WR set was so effective for NE, and why we weren't positioned to counter it.

cajunvike
10-31-2006, 12:20 AM
"V4L" wrote:

I'm going to say no..

If we did it would be wildcard.. I think Cowboys Giants Panthers or Eagles will nab those spots up

One Love

DUDE...have you seen the Eagles and Panthers play lately...they SUCK!!!

AND their schedules are MUCH HARDER than ours down the stretch...I don't see more than one team coming out of the NFC East or West...and only two teams out of the South...that leaves one wild card spot left coming out of the North and since it looks like the BORES will probably win the division (ugh...but that's life), we will end up with the other wild card spot if we win all of the games that we are SUPPOSED to win!

That is the simple formula...beat the teams that we are SUPPOSED to beat...THEN worry about who we are playing in the playoffs.

Caine
10-31-2006, 12:27 AM
"cajunvike" wrote:

That is the simple formula...beat the teams that we are SUPPOSED to beat...THEN worry about who we are playing in the playoffs.

The problem is, without an effective offense, we may have trouble doing that...

Caine

VikesFan787
10-31-2006, 07:38 AM
Let's face it, I'm pretty sure Minnesota isn't going to the Super Bowl this year. I mean I love the Vikings and all there fans, but this year probobly isn't the year. I mean look at the teams who are favored for a Super Bowl victory. Colts, Bears,Broncos. I don't think Minnesota has the power to beat such a high caliber team.

I think we should put in Tarvaris Jackson so that he can get the feel of a real NFL game. Not a fake pre-season one.

It's got to be on most of our minds.

mr.woo
10-31-2006, 07:42 AM
well its definitly in there somewhere. after watching the game last night i cant seem to believe that that was really brad johnson ou there. he lokked incredibly crappy with some of the worst desicions ive ever seen made. remind me again why hes our qb....oh thats right because he can manage the game. well he didnt do to hot a job last night.

cogitans
10-31-2006, 07:43 AM
"VikesFan787" wrote:

Let's face it, I'm pretty sure Minnesota isn't going to the Super Bowl this year. I mean I love the Vikings and all there fans, but this year probobly isn't the year. I mean look at the teams who are favored for a Super Bowl victory. Colts, Bears,Broncos. I don't think Minnesota has the power to beat such a high caliber team.

I think we should put in Tarvaris Jackson so that he can get the feel of a real NFL game. Not a fake pre-season one.

It's got to be on most of our minds.

I think you are wrong.

We might not be going to the superbowl this year, but that shouldn't be the first goal either.

We have to focus on competing for a playoff spot. The tough thing is to get in there, then anything can happen.

And we are far from eliminated from the playoff picture yet. But putting in Tarvaris at this point would be like giving up the season IMO

cogitans
10-31-2006, 07:45 AM
"mr.woo" wrote:

well its definitly in there somewhere. after watching the game last night i cant seem to believe that that was really brad johnson ou there. he lokked incredibly crappy with some of the worst desicions ive ever seen made. remind me again why hes our qb....oh thats right because he can manage the game. well he didnt do to hot a job last night.

Brad played a horrid game last night.

But seriously is one off game enogh to throw him in the trash. He hasn't played that bad in the rest of our games.

VikesFan787
10-31-2006, 07:47 AM
Well then i think if we are up but at least 21 points in the SanFran game and in the 4th quarter, we should put in T-Jack.

Was he suited up last night?

Del Rio
10-31-2006, 07:51 AM
There are a few problems with that train of thought as I see it.

#1 Tavaris isn't even our #2 QB, so in order for that to happen he needs to be showing something to Childress in practice that Bollinger is not. So far it seems like that isn't the case. Depth chart is there for a reason.

#2 Our WR's suck. You have Brad hitting Williamson in stride 40 yards downfield and he drops it. How is a pass from Tavaris going to remedy that?

I can tell you that the lack of Brad getting a contract extension makes it pretty evident he is not going to be starting next year. Will it be Tavaris? Maybe, but he has to move up the depth chart by his hard work and by showing the coaches he can do it.

VikesFan787
10-31-2006, 07:53 AM
well then lets throw Brooks in there

Del Rio
10-31-2006, 08:00 AM
"VikesFan787" wrote:

well then lets throw Brooks in there

How does Brooks make a difference in our WR's ability to catch? Brooks is definately in a better position to challenge Brad, but again it comes to practices and coaching. He has to earn it and obvioulsy he hasn't yet. Maybe before the season is out. If we lose to the 49ers and the Cards then maybe Childress pulls the trigger.

I don't see him getting thrown in there just because a few fans want it.

VikesFan787
10-31-2006, 08:02 AM
Well at least give him a shot. Maybe in a game with a big lead.

6-KINGS
10-31-2006, 08:08 AM
Yeah umm........we are still in the playoff hunt.
We will be for some time.

Everybody take a deep breath and realize the Vikings still have a better than most team.

Really.

VikesFan787
10-31-2006, 08:09 AM
Lol, you are right.

arialassault84
10-31-2006, 08:20 AM
MEMO is the remedy...
MEMO is the remedy...
Chester Taylor is OK but if you get MEMO the ball as much as Taylor. We would be unstoppable!!!
T Will is worthless!!!!!! I said it on draft day!!! This franchise is in for a long long long road.. til they get back to there winning ways.

WisconsinSucks
10-31-2006, 08:37 AM
Hey someone go inform Chicken Little that the sky is falling.

The run and shoot offense for an entire game was brilliant.
Spread us out and make the front four get pressure on Brady.
If you have an offensive line like the Patriots and a QB who can throw with accuracy then it works great, hence you don't see it often.

Everyone needs to get off of the DBs a little.
They had 5 recievers running routes for as long as they wanted.
No one can cover that.
If we blitzed everytime we would have gotten burned.
The only remedy was the front four putting pressure on Brady themselves and it didn't happen.

Our offense is not good.
Johnson really doesn't throw the long ball well, but we don't really have an alternative.
So defenses can stack the line and make our life miserable.

All in all, we are better than 2/3 of the teams out there.
We don't need to replace the entire team.

This team reminds me of the late 80's early 90's.
Sit back and enjoy some football.

spikecyrus
10-31-2006, 08:53 AM
it is safe to say the vikes and coaches got away from there year long game plan with a consistant run attack followed by play action, consuming the clock. the vikes got tooled last night, it made me sick to watch. my hats off to the pat-riots. I hope the team can get over such a thrashing and go win on the road, I'm flyin up to SF to see the game. it is only a loss , actually it was a beating. Im sore about it, the officals sucked but they did not cost us the game. stay with BJ he is proven