PDA

View Full Version : Post yo thoughts on MNF as da game unfolds

Metrodump
10-30-2006, 08:18 PM
Official thread to post you thoughts on da game as it be unfoldin. I be around fo some color comentes as well.

I'll start (pre game) -- sal pal reports the team be buying into Childress's system. Obiously das good.

State yo coments, good or bad as tings unfold on da game tonite.

vikes2456
10-30-2006, 08:21 PM
Hold on, I have to switch the language to English :)

mnjamie
10-30-2006, 08:24 PM
My thoughts ... GET YOUR BUTT INTO "Live Chat" ... That's what i think !!!!!!

:o

ultravikingfan
10-30-2006, 08:29 PM
Go to Live Chat folks!

Metrodump
10-30-2006, 08:44 PM
Man, 46 yard gain by da pats .. Son of a +++*************

Now day at the 25 yard line.

COME ON D

Metrodump
10-30-2006, 08:46 PM
7-0 patsys

GEEZUZ D, get in da game yo

Ok offence, less roll

ultravikingfan
10-30-2006, 08:48 PM
Go to Live Chat bro, everyone is there....not here.

Ltrey33
10-30-2006, 08:59 PM
Isn't that what Live Chat! is for?

Bdubya
10-30-2006, 09:19 PM
I don't think livechat could possibly express how depressed this is making me.

Metrodump
10-30-2006, 09:20 PM
I'z not be privy to da "live chat" whateva dat be, but will try and check dat out. Okay.......

Shuks, daa score not be represenative of
my predictionns

Looks like pats 10

Us noffin

thevikingfan
10-30-2006, 09:24 PM
sigh.....smoot again 2 penalties alredy.....that 5 wr shotgun should be outlawed

thevikingfan
10-30-2006, 09:29 PM
i am not liking brad johson right now and im definatly nit liking the west coast offense....

ultravikingfan
10-30-2006, 09:30 PM
"thevikingfan" wrote:

sigh.....smoot again 2 penalties alredy.....that 5 wr shotgun should be outlawed

No.
There have only been 2 penalties by the Vikes so far.
Smoot with hands to the face and Whitaker with interference.

Don't be a Smoot hater; you've never been an NFL CB.

ultravikingfan
10-30-2006, 09:31 PM
Go to Live Chat, everybody is there...not here.

No padding the numbers.
:D

smilefxr
10-30-2006, 09:34 PM
Are those the 2 worst interceptions ever?

Metrodump
10-30-2006, 09:37 PM
Lets us be regroupin. We awl know the vikes can pull off a win. Second halff be tellin anuther story,
we all know dat..

2beersTommy
10-30-2006, 09:44 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"thevikingfan" wrote:

No.
There have only been 2 penalties by the Vikes so far.
Smoot with hands to the face and Whitaker with interference.

Don't be a Smoot hater; you've never been an NFL CB.

either have you..you said that on last nights show
;D

thevikingfan
10-30-2006, 09:50 PM
This looks loke the broncos colts game.Defense playing zone and rushing 4 brady disecting it completely.....

jack44
10-30-2006, 10:01 PM
This is pathetic, total domination by the Pats :'(

PurpleRide
10-30-2006, 10:02 PM
Sit johnson he is losing this game!!!!!!
10 points of his terrible passes!!!!!

thevikingfan
10-30-2006, 10:03 PM
once again conservative playcalling.More than 80 percent of plays were out of the I-formation so what do the
pats do?They stack up the line of scrimage....childress needs to spread it out a little call some screens run the ball more 4 wide anything to take the pressure off johnson 10 hurries and 1 sack in the first half!

PurpleRide
10-30-2006, 10:04 PM
Oh sorry, its smoots fault, he is wearing 26 and 27 today.

minvikes01
go to live chat biatches

BadlandsVikings
What a mess, that's all that needs to be said.

baumy300
10-30-2006, 10:05 PM
The 7th graders I coached this year throw wiser and farther than "3 yard Johnson" can.

How many games do I need to come on here and cuss up a storm about that weak armed has-been?

Other than that, go Vikes! I think other than our zone defense, we seem to be doing pretty good.

MuzikQ
10-30-2006, 10:06 PM
Maybe it's time to make a change in quarterback, BJ is sucking out there, He can't even get out of the pocket.He also hade 2
of the
worst interceptions ever.

PurplePeopleEaters
This is a very sad game... Crowd already taken out of it.... We need to wake up on the opening drive of the 2nd and get a big touchdown or else i'm sorry to say that we are likely done.

Belichick prepared his team well for this game.. it looks like we are team with a losing record rather than an NFC contender the way Brady is picking our zone defense apart.

And no, I don't want to go to live chat.. It's taken a turn to childishness this week along with the pessimism.
:-

Ltrey33
"PurpleRide" wrote:

Oh sorry, its smoots fault, he is wearing 26 and 27 today.

Is it possible to ban someone for repeatedly being a jerk?

PurpleRide
10-30-2006, 10:08 PM
Johnson is supposed to be a warrior right?
This warrior really sucks today.
Put in T-jack, there is no way he could do any worse than this old joke of a QB we have is doing.
Sit him, he sucks

MuzikQ
10-30-2006, 10:08 PM
Let's do what the cowboys did, give the rookie a chance, you never know.He could be what vikes need.

CCthebest
10-30-2006, 10:09 PM
BJ is having a bad game. Dont think Ive seen worse. If you let Brady have that much time, and the Vikes D on the field all the time, they could win by 50

Gift
10-30-2006, 10:09 PM
1st: Offense, why do we even bother.
Lets just do 3 kneel downs & punt.

2nd: Defense, BLITZ! BLITZ! BLITZ!

3rd: We didnt show up that half, on either side of the ball.

4th:
I dont want to go to live chat, my comp isnt in the tv room.
So I like to see posts about others thoughts, so enough with the"go to live chat bitches" stuff, huh?

ultravikingfan
10-30-2006, 10:10 PM
"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:

This is a very sad game... Crowd already taken out of it.... We need to wake up on the opening drive of the 2nd and get a big touchdown or else i'm sorry to say that we are likely done.

Belichick prepared his team well for this game.. it looks like we are team with a losing record rather than an NFC contender the way Brady is picking our zone defense apart.

And no, I don't want to go to live chat.. It's taken a turn to childishness this week along with the pessimism.
:-\

It's been that way for awhile.
Keep low and hit hard.

baumy300
10-30-2006, 10:15 PM
Finally you guys are seeing the light!!!!

Johnson is NOT the answer for this team.

I have said it all year long.

It's about time people are starting to see the real Johnson and his 4 TD passes in 7 games.

x-ray jeff
10-30-2006, 10:18 PM
That first half was about as lame as the"Halloween Derby'
Almost.

carolinafan
10-30-2006, 10:21 PM
1- I'm not going to live chat ;D

2- now that that's out of the way, the refs have done a nice job of protecting the Pats tonight

3 - The Patriots get more of a pass rush on BJ with 3 & 4 men than the Vikes do with 6 men on Brady

4- I like BJ, but gang, I've said on here several times, the Vikes are 4-2 not because of BJ.
He hasn't killed them with mistakes until tonight, but he does not have the mobility or arm strength that NFL teams must have these days.
He's smart, but so are many older QB's.
This is not a slam on BJ, but even with a little time, he can't get the ball downfield (and yes, the receivers have been behind the DB's if the ball could get there).

5 - I'm not familiar with T. Jackson the backup, but if he's mobile with a strong arm, I would sure see what he can do

6 - Smoot sucks

7 - I hope the Vikes play with some fire in the second half.
They look like they are observing from the stands almost.
I hope they're enjoying watching Brady at work, because they sure aren't trying to stop him.

Let's pull hard in the second half and see what happens.
The Vikes need a QB that can help them make plays, not one that just doesn't make tons of mistakes.
They are not that good on offense without a playmaking QB.

Go Vikes!!!
(and yes I'm a Vike fan)

Muggsy
10-30-2006, 10:23 PM
"baumy300" wrote:

The 7th graders I coached this year throw wiser and farther than "3 yard Johnson" can.

How many games do I need to come on here and cuss up a storm about that weak armed has-been?

Other than that, go Vikes! I think other than our zone defense, we seem to be doing pretty good.

I sure feels sorry for your 7th graders, if dat's as classy as you can be towards Brad Johnson, y'know? What do you do when dey makes a mistake, cuss 'em out in front of da whole team?
Slap 'em around a liddle?

And youse don't gotta come on here no more an' "...cuss up a storm about that weak armed has-been".... as far as I'm concoined, youse can move yer whiny butt outta here right now an' don't come back, y'know?
What are youse, someone special we gots to pay attention to or sumpin? HAH!

"... we seem to be doing pretty good."
What game is youse watchin', hah?
Our team stinks all ovah da field!

We're gonna have a bum game now an' again, y'know?
Unless we can pick up da pieces on da second half, dis is gonna be one of 'em.

kramer9guy
10-30-2006, 10:24 PM
Wow, Williamson drops another big pass. Huge surprise there... ::)

ItalianStallion
10-30-2006, 10:25 PM
"MuzikQ" wrote:

Let's do what the cowboys did, give the rookie a chance, you never know.He could be what vikes need.

Have you forgot?
Brad Johnson is our starting qb next year too...

Apparently being able to throw the football 40 yards is not a pre-requisite to play QB for the vikings.

ultravikingfan
10-30-2006, 10:27 PM
The tides are turning!

Go Defense.

And ok, we get it, some do not want to go to chat.

Nooks
10-30-2006, 10:28 PM
GO MEMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GET IT GOING!!!!!!!!

PurplePeopleEaters
10-30-2006, 10:31 PM
And just when we think we're back in it, our hearts are torn out again by maroney..

PurplePeopleEaters
10-30-2006, 10:35 PM
This is so damn frustrating. Our defense makes a huge stop and our offense blows up in our faces. Our special teams makes a huge play and then goes out and lays an egg on the coverage..

ItalianStallion
10-30-2006, 10:36 PM
Seriously can Ronyell Whitaker cover a slant to save his life?
Why is this guy even in our dime package?
It's obvious they are picking on him.

minvikes01
10-30-2006, 10:37 PM
If were still down this far or worse...
put in T-Jack get him some experience

thevikingfan
10-30-2006, 10:37 PM
Johnson having a bad game and a bad year in general..hopefully he can get it going this game or everybody will become a johnson hater

Garland Greene
10-30-2006, 10:44 PM
plain and Simple BJ is HORRIBLE. And he is talking about getting a raise? maybe try playing like a starting QB first Brad

thevikingfan
10-30-2006, 10:46 PM
wtf?!?!?!?!?!?!HORRIBLY$@#$!#@%!$ CALL! caught the ball took three steps with possesion then fumbled out of bounds! F#$%

ItalianStallion
10-30-2006, 10:47 PM
"thevikingfan" wrote:

wtf?!?!?!?!?!?!HORRIBLY$@#$!#@%!$ CALL! caught the ball took three steps with possesion then fumbled out of bounds! F#$%

How about the no-call for pass interference on the Williamson catch.

LaZyDaN
omg.. enough of this playaction.. how about we actually try running the ball!!
wasn't that supposed to be our strength coming into this game?? >:(

PurplePeopleEaters
That was a disgustingly horrible call. How many steps do you need to take? Nice job screwing us more than we already are ref...

VikesfaninWis
10-30-2006, 10:49 PM
This is downright pathetic... BJ is playing like total crap, and the officials are as blind as a bat.. There is no shame in losing to a team like the Patriots, but this is a joke..

The Pats O-Line holds like crazy and not one penalty is called on them.. That Wiggins catch was just that, a catch.. He caught the ball, and fumbled and it went out of bounds.. After looking at the play, that piece of dogshit umpire calls it an incomplete pass.. The Vikings are the most fu@cked over team in the NFL, and will still be 4-3 when this game is done.. Dam its tough being a Viking fan sometimes..

CCthebest
10-30-2006, 10:49 PM
We lost this game because of the Refs....and Brad Johnson....thats right, the starter for the next 2 years, from a head coach who used to be a QB coach....intersting...

LuckyVike
10-30-2006, 10:52 PM
Well, I said this game was over before I started because of the refs and I was right.
The no call on the T-Will deep pass, no pass interference on Bruschi when Harrison got the pick, incomplete BS to Wiggins, and now the Pats are spiking and throwing balls all over the field after plays and not getting any penalties for unsportsmanlike.
I'm sure that fumble that just happened will get overturned too.

thevikingfan
10-30-2006, 10:52 PM
2 more noncalls on the pats both dillon and watson spiked the ball and neither got penalized!When u spike a ball even after scoring a touchdown they get penalized for doing that!

CCthebest
10-30-2006, 10:54 PM
Wow the refs got one right

thevikingfan
10-30-2006, 10:56 PM
Yay!We got the ball back! 3rd and 8 what happens? well its a checkdown of coarse!

PUT TJ IN!

PurplePeopleEaters
10-30-2006, 10:58 PM
It has gotten to the point where every single play is under scrutiny because of instant replay. I'm not any anti instant replay person by any means but damn.. it feels like every play is getting challenged and the refs are still screwing it up

ItalianStallion
10-30-2006, 10:59 PM
The gap in the quality of the coaching/gameplan and quarterbacks I can honestly say is the only real difference today.
Unfortunately that's a big gap today.

thevikingfan
10-30-2006, 10:59 PM
Another horrible call on illegal contact.Sharper barely even touched the wr

LuckyVike
10-30-2006, 11:00 PM
Illegal contact?!
BULL FUCKING SHIT MAN THIS IS RE GOD DAMN DICULOUS.
IS this that same dumbass crew from the bowl last year or what man... WTF these guys blow goats man!!!!!!! DAMMIT

LaZyDaN
10-30-2006, 11:01 PM
"thevikingfan" wrote:

Yay!We got the ball back! 3rd and 8 what happens? well its a checkdown of coarse!

PUT TJ IN!

this game is totally out of hand.. might as well put TJ in :-\

TJ = white flag

CCthebest
10-30-2006, 11:03 PM
Childress doesnt have the balls to put TJ in even in a blowout

carolinafan
10-30-2006, 11:04 PM
Going back to the offensive inteference call against the Vikes in the first half, there's more touching by every receiver on every play, and to call that was BS.
The catch by Wiggins that was ruled incomplete......WTF.
The last interference call on the Vikes, more BS.
This should be illegal.

marantzo
10-30-2006, 11:04 PM
Our pass defence is rotten. Our quarterback is playing awful and the officials are calling a game that Pop Warner officials would be ashamed of. not a good winning formula.

PurpleRide
10-30-2006, 11:05 PM
Funny everyones hero johnson is sucking it up and public enemy #1 smoot is having the best game on the D side of the ball(thats not saying much)
Take johnson out, he cannot do anything.
He sucks, he is done.
Kurt warner has a better shot of getting TD's for the vikings than johnson.
I am sick of this guy, I am sick of the "fans" standing up for him.
He deserves the money he's getting, take that back, he needs to give the vikings a refund.
We would be shut out right now if it was not for a good punt return.
Johnson needs to sit for the rest of the year.
He is bad for this team, we will not win a playoff game with this joker at the helm.
He is a back-up, put him where he belongs

PurpleRide
10-30-2006, 11:07 PM
The officals are sucking it up today, but you cant blame them on the crappy play by the QB.
He sucks!!!
Please put anyone in besides him

Gift
10-30-2006, 11:08 PM
ok, this isnt even a game anymore...Just run out the clock...Childress, I said RUN, you know, that thing you claim to be commited tobut gave up on in the first quarter.
Yeah, do that...

thevikingfan
10-30-2006, 11:10 PM
This is getting rediculous.I thought he was supposed to be a smart quarterback who thows it away when nothing is there!# horrible ill advised passes 3 interceptions >:(
I am so steamed right now the only way to cool of is to go kill some people in halo 2...or see Tjack play

BBQ Platypus
10-30-2006, 11:10 PM
Hey, the refs don't need to bother helping the Pats out.
We're playing like crap.

But really, watching this game...something feels bogus.
I mean...seriously, seriously wrong.

(theme from The Godfather plays in the background as BBQ does bad Brando impersonation)

Now, you'd-a betta call dis game right...don't-a be disrespectin' the Patriots...or you might finda you-self in da cornerstone of da new stadium, kapeesh?

(God, our playcalling sucks...and this just hasn't been Brad Johnson's year).

ultravikingfan
10-30-2006, 11:11 PM
"PurpleRide" wrote:

The officals are sucking it up today, but you cant blame them on the crappy play by the QB.
He sucks!!!
Please put anyone in besides him

We know.
Thats all you post nowadays.

http://www.betterca.com/files/broken_record.jpg

skum
10-30-2006, 11:11 PM
Really dissapointed - i thought we could compete with the Patriots - but they complety picked us apart.. - What does it matter having a #1 ranked rush defense, when all they do is passing it to open recievers and thats when we drop 8 i coverage.. sick..

Yeah the refs has sucked and sucked the life out of us.. But the pass-D didnt step up and that was what lost us this game..

Gift
10-30-2006, 11:13 PM
looks like the pats are gonna make an example out of us, still passing...
:'(

skum
10-30-2006, 11:15 PM
And Brad benched.. Go Bollinger..

ItalianStallion
10-30-2006, 11:15 PM
Sooo, why is Brooks Bollinger going in?
IS he going to win this game?
We're going to lose, so you might as well put in the player who could use the experience most.

Wow, our offensive line sure can pass block, 3 straight sacks....put in TJack, at least he can run away.

skum
10-30-2006, 11:19 PM
Nice Debut for Brooks!!

thevikingfan
10-30-2006, 11:23 PM
"skum" wrote:

Really dissapointed - i thought we could compete with the Patriots - but they complety picked us apart.. - What does it matter having a #1 ranked rush defense, when all they do is passing it to open recievers and thats when we drop 8 i coverage.. sick..

Yeah the refs has sucked and sucked the life out of us.. But the pass-D didnt step up and that was what lost us this game..

I wouldnt say the d sucked sure they gave up a lot of yards on offense but they had an int that we didnt capitalize on 3 and out we had a forced fumble 3 and out so i think it is mostly the offense fault

Gift
10-30-2006, 11:29 PM
"thevikingfan" wrote:

"skum" wrote:

I wouldnt say the d sucked sure they gave up a lot of yards on offense but they had an int that we didnt capitalize on 3 and out we had a forced fumble 3 and out so i think it is mostly the offense fault
I think Tomlin was out coached, he is young & ran into a crafty vet on the other side of the field & got taught a lesson.
The D will recover & learn from this, its the O that scares me.

TheKnuck
10-30-2006, 11:31 PM
wow, first post in this thread so time to vent.
no offense, no defense, no special teams defense, no luck (flippuin refs).
um do we have linebackers playing tonight.
all they have to do is throw it down the middle of the field (short or long pass) and get first downs. EVERY TIME!!!
WHERE IS OUR DEFENSE!!!!!!
*pukes*
and back to our old selfs as far as red zone, penalties, all together offensive woes. *pukes*
i changed the channel to watch something else.
each time i turn it back in hopes of a turnaround friggin new england has the damn ball.
look forward to reading the rest of this thread.

refs do seem to be working for new england.
the bs offensive pass interferece on taylor on 3rd down and the wiggins so called drop on.....weird.....get this ......3rd down too.
talk about momentum stoppers *pukes*...oh hold on, #74 holding.........weird.........someone shoot him before i do!!!!*pukes*

V4L
10-30-2006, 11:32 PM
Funny how most of the blame is going on the refs..

Even if they did call a decent game we would still have gotten smoked

One Love

TheKnuck
10-30-2006, 11:36 PM
Maroney had a good night!!!
does that count!!!

thevikingfan
10-30-2006, 11:36 PM
OMg i hate kornheiser!First he say the vikes were a scandal ridden team last year but we will not talk about it....then 10 seconds later he goes to list all the offenses we did last year >:( grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

BadlandsVikings
10-30-2006, 11:37 PM
It's time for me to go throw up

PurplePackerEater
10-30-2006, 11:39 PM
Where is my beer!!!

Fuck!!!!!!!!!!

Bdubya
10-30-2006, 11:42 PM
That was just pathetic across the boards plain and simple.
I didn't think we would win tonight, but I didn't think we would look like a Pop Warner team.

Vikes
10-30-2006, 11:51 PM
Good game.
We have still have a lot of work ahead of us. We are still playoff bound but LESSON learned.

marantzo
10-31-2006, 11:09 AM
"Vikes" wrote:

Good game.
We have still have a lot of work ahead of us. We are still playoff bound but LESSON learned.

I like your attitude.

cajunvike
10-31-2006, 11:13 AM
"thevikingfan" wrote:

OMg i hate kornheiser!First he say the vikes were a scandal ridden team last year but we will not talk about it....then 10 seconds later he goes to list all the offenses we did last year >:( grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Kornholer is a weasel (and looks like one)...who would sell his own mom for ratings...and would say anything to get some attention...I'm guessing that he ain't got no play in a very long time...maybe ever!

ultravikingfan
10-31-2006, 03:30 PM
"V4L" wrote:

One Love

Who the heck else are we going to blame it on?
Not anyone in the Vikings camp fo sho!

cajunvike
10-31-2006, 03:35 PM
"ultravikingfan" wrote:

"V4L" wrote:

One Love

Who the heck else are we going to blame it on?
Not anyone in the Vikings camp fo sho!

Defense still would have gotten smoked...offense wouldn't have been shut out though!
BIG difference between 31-7 and 31-21 (we should have scored on the Memo waist grab that resulted in Harrison's INT and on the TWill arm grab that could have gone for 6..and arguably we could have scored after the theft of Wiggy's catch for the first down that he fumbled out of bounds).

BIG difference in getting embarassed and just losing a close game!