PDA

View Full Version : These Vikings looking very vanilla

singersp
10-30-2006, 05:14 AM
These Vikings looking very vanilla (http://www.southcoasttoday.com/daily/10-06/10-30-06/16sports.htm)

Childress has sent scandals packing

By DAVID BROWN, Standard-Times staff writer

Date of Publication: October 30, 2006

COJOMAY
10-30-2006, 06:50 AM
My God, is the press ever
gonna drop the "Love Boat" thing? And to top it off they bring back the Whizzanator, squirting water bottles, etc, ect, ect.
Let's just drop it and move on.

Prophet
10-30-2006, 06:55 AM
A somewhat entertaining play of Tice vs Childress and the fact that the Vikings can only play football now instead of supplying OT to the civil servants.

BionicMango
10-30-2006, 07:19 AM
The media morons around here hate Childress, he doesnt provide them with any fodder so they have to actually work for a living like the rest of us!POOR BABIES!!! :'(

Prophet
10-30-2006, 07:30 AM
This article just took the old stories, reiterated them and summarized the new Vikings with a sentence:

The only thing these Vanilla Vikings are any good for is playing football. Thanks, Brad Childress.

David Brown is thanking Childress, not hating on him.

NodakPaul
10-30-2006, 08:03 AM
This is actually a good article.
It is satire people (I think... ;)).
The author is pointing out that we have replaced scandals with wins.

Vikes
10-30-2006, 08:16 AM
Good article. The Vikings are moving in the right direction. The "Love boat" & OSmith stuff was great! It helped our new owner get some much needed control of the players.

marantzo
10-30-2006, 08:26 AM
Of course it's satirical. It's hard for me to imagine anyone seeing it otherwise.

I don't know if this got any press down there, but Mr. Wizzinator, Onterrio Smith came up to try out for my home team, Winnipeg Blue Bombers. I was looking forward to seeing what he could do up here, but he was injured in the first pre-season game and couldn't play in the other ones and had to be cut. He also came in way overweight which didn't help. He worked a lot of it off but the injury sealed his fate.

Del Rio
10-30-2006, 08:28 AM
"marantzo" wrote:

Of course it's satirical. It's hard for me to imagine anyone seeing it otherwise.

I don't know if this got any press down there, but Mr. Wizzinator, Onterrio Smith came up to try out for my home team, Winnipeg Blue Bombers. I was looking forward to seeing what he could do up here, but he was injured in the first pre-season game and couldn't play in the other ones and had to be cut. He also came in way overweight which didn't help. He worked a lot of it off but the injury sealed his fate.

Weed gives you the munchies I suppose.

snowinapril
10-30-2006, 08:40 AM
Thought it was funny, but a bit wordy.

Would have rather just read something like this....

"The Vikings of 2006 are hear to play football."

It would have saved me a lot of reading.

I think that I heard Childress (some coach said it in the last 2 weeks) say satire was the lowest form of humor.
I think he is right.

Del Rio
10-30-2006, 08:43 AM
Satire is a beautiful thing. Jonathan Swift had some good ones, my favorite being a Modest Proposal.

I think on the scale of humor satire should rank higher then pull my finger and knock knock jokes, that's just me though ;D

PurpleRide
10-30-2006, 08:50 AM
"BionicMango" wrote:

The media morons around here hate Childress, he doesnt provide them with any fodder so they have to actually work for a living like the rest of us!POOR BABIES!!! :'(

Are you completely stupid?
This article did give childress credit in cleaning up the vikings.
He did use humor in the article, are the media allowed to use humor these days?
Do you know how to read a joke?
Or are you one of thoughs people who need someone to explain it by slapping your face until you get it?
The article points out that people are talking about the vikings and football not vikings a off the field issues.
Go back to third grade and learn to read.

http://www.purplepride.org/forums/Themes/default/images/warnwarn.gif
Personal attacks are not allowed. The guy misread the article he does not deserve to be called completely stupid, and told to go back to the third grade. A bit excessive.

snowinapril
10-30-2006, 08:55 AM
"Del" wrote:

Satire is a beautiful thing. Jonathan Swift had some good ones, my favorite being a Modest Proposal.

I think on the scale of humor satire should rank higher then pull my finger and knock knock jokes, that's just me though ;D

I can agree!
Yes, knock knock jokes are bad and pull my finger is quite stinky.

Prophet
10-30-2006, 08:57 AM
"PurpleRide" wrote:

"BionicMango" wrote:

Or are you one of thoughs people who need someone to explain it by slapping your face until you get it?
The article points out that people are talking about the vikings and football not vikings a off the field issues.

purpleride, I see you successfully passed the tact class you were taking at the junior college.
Congratulations.

snowinapril
10-30-2006, 09:05 AM
http://map.web.mapquest.com/?e=9&GetMapDataDirect=Gme5diw%2cb%3a9u12%3b%40%2459%2dzxgyb2%26%3dt2%21faxg67%3a5%2dbxlabx%26y%40wqwr5q%40t290yw%26u2gu%2c2%3a9672%3b%40b20w%24%3a%26%40%2459%2dzxgybl%26%3dt2%21faxg67%3a%26%4020g6%2ahoev17b%24%3a94rn%3b6%24lyyv%3a94rn%3bur%3a5r7n9ztx%2601xlzas5%401a0f7gg%40bs16ra9%402suwrad%40t290yw%26aa50yt%3a94rwd6%24aqf1w%26az2u6%24n5672%26f72u%40rau6%24xu67%3a9w72%210%2a%3agz7n%26%40

For those that didn't read the article and posted anyway, here is a summary.

A writer from New Bedford Mass, was trying to say that the Vikings might be for real without actually saying it.

IMHO, I think that the Pats could probably be called Vanilla too, they win games though. They just don't have the controversy off the field as a contrast.

marantzo
10-30-2006, 09:06 AM
"Acumen" wrote:

"PurpleRide" wrote:

"BionicMango" wrote:

purpleride, I see you successfully passed the tact class you were taking at the junior college.
Congratulations.

Wouldn't it be ironic if bionic was being satirical with his post?

Whoever said satire was the lowest form of humour couldn't possibly have been serious unless he/she was under the impression that Carrot Top is a satirist.

PurpleRide
10-30-2006, 09:07 AM
"Acumen" wrote:

"PurpleRide" wrote:

"BionicMango" wrote:

Congratulations.

Thats right, nothing wrong with going to a junior college.
I guess Rochester Community and Technical College is the harvard of junior colleges if I leared how to READ a joke.

Oh but i should have taken the "the media hates us" class.
I would be better suited for understanding and talking to all the state college and university grads who know much more than I do.
Or i could have taken the "its all smoots fault", then I would be more liked around here.
Your so much better than me by going to a four year school.
Good job!

Prophet
10-30-2006, 09:10 AM
"PurpleRide" wrote:

"Acumen" wrote:

"PurpleRide" wrote:

"BionicMango" wrote:

Congratulations.

Thats right, nothing wrong with going to a junior college.
I guess Rochester Community and Technical College is the harvard of junior colleges if I leared how to READ a joke.

Oh but i should have taken the "the media hates us" class.
I would be better suited for understanding and talking to all the state college and university grads who know much more than I do.
Or i could have taken the "its all smoots fault", then I would be more liked around here.
Your so much better than me by going to a four year school.
Good job!

I think you missed the point, I had no idea where you went to school nor do I care.

The point of my post was that you were a bit on the tactless side spewing your venom.
BTW, it is Smoot's fault.

NodakPaul
10-30-2006, 09:15 AM
"Acumen" wrote:

BTW, it is Smoot's fault.

LOL.
I was actually wondering how long before someone dropped this one in... although I was expecting Zeus to get it first... ;D

RK.
10-30-2006, 01:40 PM
"Del" wrote:

Actually I think I read somewhere that a pun is considered to be the lowest form of humor.
;)

cajunvike
10-30-2006, 01:47 PM
"RK." wrote:

"Del" wrote:

Actually I think I read somewhere that a pun is considered to be the lowest form of humor.

;)

That's right...and if you make too many BAD puns, you get sent to the PUNitentary!
:D