PDA

View Full Version : ESPN split over the Vikes/Pats

Braddock
10-28-2006, 06:40 PM
I was surprised to see how split the predictions were. We may actually be getting some love, meaning we're probably jinxed...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/features/talent

skum
10-28-2006, 06:53 PM
Just goes to show you, that finally this team is getting some well-earned respect..

Also i watched the NFL Live program at ESPN yesterday and both of their experts picked the Vikings to win it..

mnjamie
10-28-2006, 07:02 PM
I've used them to help in my consideration with picks when I was in a pool the last 3 years ... I'm not in that pool this year though.
It's funny, but Golic picks are usually golden and I'm glad to see he picked the Vikes !

cajunvike
10-28-2006, 07:07 PM
The Vikes need to take that next step...and make the idiots that automatically picked the Patsies have to eat crow!

Braddock
10-29-2006, 02:18 PM
I like flying under the radar, so this makes me nervous.... I hope the men worry only about their expectations and not the media's.

Vikes_King
10-30-2006, 02:42 AM
yeah well, i got 2 things to say about this one:

#1, who cares what the "experts" think, even though its good to get some love

#2, this season..has really been something else, the games this year have almost all been unpredictable, cards almost beating bears? losing to oakland?
houstin almost beating dallas? etc etc. plus, look at there picks this week

teams they (0-1 people chose other team) almost uninamously favored, wound up like this:

BAL wins instead of NO
DAL wins instead of CAR
CLE wins instead of NYJ
ATL wins instead of CIN
JAX wins instead of PHI
OAK wins instead of PIT

they did however get these right:

STL @ SD
ARI @ GB
IND @ DEN
TB @ NYG
SF @ CHI

just shows how unpredictable this game is

Vikes_King
10-30-2006, 02:45 AM
oh, and this: heres how often they were right this week:

Theismann 7-6
Salisbury 6-7
Hoge 7-6
Jaworski 6-7
Schlereth 7-6
Allen 8-5
Mortensen 4-9
Golic 5-8

PurpleRide
10-30-2006, 09:08 AM
I love it, once the media gives the vikings respect they are liked.
Before they were idiots who did not know anything about football.
Love it.

Metrodump
10-30-2006, 09:25 AM
Dat ol dog Theismann is sure a good color guy. He be so good, he can tell ya whoz winnin da game by lookin at da score.

I might be turnin off da audio while watchin da game and tune da radio onto da viking radio network. Kornholl sux az wail

Patsys be going DOWN tonight.

Prophet
10-30-2006, 09:31 AM
"PurpleRide" wrote:

I love it, once the media gives the vikings respect they are liked.
Before they were idiots who did not know anything about football.
Love it.

This comment comes out of thin air too, based on the posts I've read in this thread.

I have yet to stop by any NFL message board that doesn't have a percentage of fans that blame the media for hating their team.
It's one of the constants in life.

snowinapril
10-30-2006, 10:04 AM
Face it, we are underdogs.

Pats, the team that people wanted to write off this year and other years, but they keep coming back strong.
The team that has won 3 superbowls recently.

OR...

Vikings, new coaches, new offense, and new defense, a big Question Mark??
If we would hav beat Chi and Sea, we would be getting more respect now, we only beat Sea and MH and SA were on the sideline.

UnderDOG!

3 of 4 with HBO picked the Pats also, Carter was for the Pats.

Metrodump
10-30-2006, 10:07 AM
Childress be drawin up sound gameplan, while babillabillcheck be wondrin whass up wiff his lack of runnin game. He be callin alotta ball plays to be fro'wn

ballhog27
10-30-2006, 10:09 AM
Yeah it is nice to see the Vikings getting love on ESPN. But the worst part about it is that we are kinda a hidden gem. We are able to sneak up on teams and knock them in the mouth. It sucks that we didn't get any respect from ESPN after nearly knocking off Da Bears. Well anyway I think the game will be Vikes 23 Pats 20.

Prophet
10-30-2006, 10:12 AM
"Metrodump" wrote:

Childress be drawin up sound gameplan, while babillabillcheck be wondrin whass up wiff his lack of runnin game. He be callin alotta ball plays to be fro'wn

I get the feeling that Belichick won't be surprised by any gameplan that Childress comes up with.
This will be an old school slug fest until one team is left standing.
It will be nice to see Brady's undefeated dome streak come to an end.

Metrodump
10-30-2006, 11:15 AM
First year coaches luck will facta in dis game. Bebilecheck will be the hot pick from the both geniusses like Thies-hiser and Korn-man, but he be in fo a suprize come da forth qauta

Links like my man Denny got his asss handed to him yesterday by a newb coach. and denny be round lots longa dan bebelylychick

Vikes 27
Pats 13

Zeus
10-30-2006, 12:54 PM
"Acumen" wrote:

"Metrodump" wrote:

I get the feeling that Belichick won't be surprised by any gameplan that Childress comes up with.
This will be an old school slug fest until one team is left standing.
It will be nice to see Brady's undefeated dome streak come to an end.

The defense will need to come up with some turnovers tonight, that's for sure.
Vikes need to be a +2 to get the victory, IMHO.

I don't think Childress will try to surprise with the first drive, but I do think they will take the ball into the end zone - in the arms of Jermaine Wiggins.

=Z=

lakehubertviking
10-30-2006, 01:21 PM
I see Salisbury is against us again.
Is it just me or is he annoying as an analyst, not saying good or bad just too in your face.

Prophet
10-30-2006, 01:22 PM
"AWZeus" wrote:

...I don't think Childress will try to surprise with the first drive, but I do think they will take the ball into the end zone - in the arms of Jermaine Wiggins.

=Z=

Good call, either that or a pooch kick.

thevikingfan
10-30-2006, 02:14 PM
If u look closely u will notice that the three guys that picked the vikings are the only three with more than 70 correct predictions this season